Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why are so many people disillusioned with relationships?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 spot4username
Msg: 326
view profile
History
Why are so many people disillusioned with relationships?Page 14 of 16    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16)

Men might as well consider, single mothers as causal dates and not get heavily involved with them, because a sensible guy knows, that they will never be, important enough to those women and she will never have enough time for him...best to keep things fun and no strings with a single mother and nothing more...don't get caught in trap of misery and a unfulfilling relationship

I can see where dating a custodial parent of young children would be difficult. I am a single parent but my sons are grown. They have their own lives which certainly don't impact my dating at this point.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 327
view profile
History
Why are so many people disillusioned with relationships?
Posted: 6/13/2017 12:42:18 PM
Like with everything else in life, you reap what you sow. A child needs guidance and a present parent at least until they get out of of high school. Sounds like a lot of bad parents are here and maybe that's one of the reasons they're divorced.

Parenting is 24/7. If a guy doesn't want to sign up for that with a divorced mom with kids, no big deal. It is what it is. Mothers tend to have more custody, so how nice that the guy gets to date like he doesn't have kids. How wonderful, for him. I'll see guys comment they have kids and see them "sometimes", LOL. How nice to bring kids into the world and dump them solely on the mother. How awful to find women who want to take care of their kids after the men dump them. Too bad, too sad.

Many parents have kids that do sports. The mothers are usually the ones to get them there. Who would respect those mothers if they dumped their kids for them? Get real. A guy should understand the kids come first. Some guys have kids and they're doing the same thing, if they're responsible. Mothers get home from work and have to hit the ground running. Picking up the kid(s), grocery shopping, making dinner, cleaning, checking the kids homework, getting ready for their school and their work the next day. Maybe a mom can eek out an hour or two for herself.
 Laidbackguy1964
Msg: 328
Posted: 6/13/2017 12:46:57 PM

I can see where dating a custodial parent of young children would be difficult. I am a single parent but my sons are grown. They have their own lives which certainly don't impact my dating at this point.

But do you have grand children? If you do a guy will be even lower, on your priority list, than a single mum with young kids, because you have not only got your sons, but their kids to worry about...it's a no win situation for a guy dating single mothers in a long term relationship...he will never be important enough to her and will never feel content and happy
 spot4username
Msg: 329
view profile
History
Posted: 6/13/2017 12:55:23 PM

But do you have grand children? If you do a guy will be even lower on your priority list, than a single mum with young kids, because you have not only your sons, but their kids to worry about...it's a no win situation for a guy dating single mothers in a long term relationship...he will never be important enough for her, to feel content and happy

No grandchildren. My sons are focused on their careers. None of them are in serious relationships. I don't see grandchildren being in play for a number of years. Even when they are I don't see myself needing to plan my life around them in any way. Why would I be in the position to "worry about" my son's families? I have my life and they have theirs.
 Laidbackguy1964
Msg: 330
Posted: 6/13/2017 1:06:13 PM

No grandchildren. My sons are focused on their careers. None of them are in serious relationships. I don't see grandchildren being in play for a number of years. Even when they are I don't see myself needing to plan my life around them in any way. Why would I be in the position to "worry about" my son's families? I have my life and they have theirs.

You might say that now...but wait till one of them has a baby and they start asking you to baby sit all the time...you won't turn them down....regardless of you being in a relationship with a guy....your maternal instincts will come back into play and the grand kids will become your obsession...history repeating it's self again...At this point the guy you are in relationship with, will be right down on your list of priorites and he will be miserable as sin...Like I said a man can't benefit from getting into a long term relationship with a single mother or grandmother, because he will never be important enough to her and will have to settle for little or nothing at all
 spot4username
Msg: 331
view profile
History
Posted: 6/13/2017 1:09:26 PM
^^^ Meh. That doesn't sound like me. At all. We aren't all the same. That is one of the great things about this big ol' world we live in.

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread... but I did.
 Laidbackguy1964
Msg: 332
Posted: 6/13/2017 1:23:15 PM

^^^ Meh. That doesn't sound like me. At all. We aren't all the same. That is one of the great things about this big ol' world we live in.

Well like I said it's easy for you to say that ATM,,,but you wait till that grand child is born...you will soon change your tune...nearly all women, like children and won't turn down the chance, to spend time with grand children...regardless of being in a relationship with a man....No1 priorites to a women are children, careers, money, family, makeup, clothes, hair, shoes etc...men struggle to hit the top ten list
 Nestaron
Msg: 333
Posted: 6/13/2017 2:20:23 PM
I cant agree with that but that is rather funny to read.
 gtomustang
Msg: 334
Posted: 6/13/2017 2:22:12 PM
1) dating a parent with a child probably makes for a dating schedule or sex life...the same as being married with kids.... right? even parents put their kids first. at least that's what I hear from a lot of parents who learn how to balance things out.

2) we can all promise things, based on how we feel about it at the moment. but situations change, and we can change how we react. nothing can really be guaranteed to last forever.
 moraima
Msg: 335
view profile
History
Posted: 6/13/2017 3:45:50 PM
"nearly all women, like children and won't turn down the chance, to spend time with grand children...regardless of being in a relationship with a man....No1 priorites to a women are children, careers, money, family, makeup, clothes, hair, shoes etc...men struggle to hit the top ten list"

Many women don't do children. If they don't do children, there be no grandchildren.

I mention this because no two people are alike. Those who generalize about a whole gender haven't thought through the whole idea. Whatever that idea maybe.

"Women without children are not anomalies, the latest census data shows.

According to the U.S. Census Bureau’s Current Population Survey, in 2014, 47.6 percent of women between age 15 and 44 had never had children, up from 46.5 percent in 2012. This represents the highest percentage of childless women since the bureau started tracking that data in 1976."

huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/09/childless-more-women-are-not-having-kids-says-census_n_7032258.html

Today, anyone who generalizes about anything is probably wrong.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 336
view profile
History
Posted: 6/13/2017 4:04:33 PM
I don't even know why men are talking about being inconvenienced by women with kids or grandkids. A good father should have 50/50 custody, so he should have the kids half the time and be as much of an inconvenience to women wanting to date him, if a person wanted to view it as such. Also, so many profiles of men say they have grandkids that they love and see them as much as possible. The answer, join the person's life and be part of that unless you don't like kids and don't really want to share that person's life. So simple. Being part of a couple is about sharing their life in it's entirety. People really like to make life sound so complicated when it isn't.
 Laidbackguy1964
Msg: 337
Posted: 6/13/2017 4:05:16 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/8191859/One-in-five-women-is-childless-by-age-of-45.html

It's only 1 in 5 in the UK...

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/19/us/19census.html
This is a more accurate figure in the USA...New York Times...No way on earth, that 47% of women, are not having children...your link is total BS

Can anyone find accurate statics posted by governments in UK and USA? Would be interesting to find out

Many women don't do children. If they don't do children, there be no grandchildren.
total BS again...you can't lie this much surely

moraima
Msg: 338
view profile
History
Posted: 6/13/2017 4:50:06 PM
"No way on earth, that 47% of women, are not having children...your link is total BS"

I thought it was BS too but found approx. the same percentage on multiple websites.

9 in 10 of my friends have no children, so I am used to no children adults.

People who have children are in volved in school actives, kids sports etc. These people basically only come in contract with people who have children. They don't come into contact with the people who don't do children.

Regardless, if you don't like parents who are spending time with their children/grandchildren.................date people who aren't.
I have refused to date anyone with dependent aged children or grandchildren for decades. Another first world problem solved.
 Nestaron
Msg: 339
Posted: 6/13/2017 5:04:20 PM
I dont know I never had a problem with sex and kids making some kind of schedule. I got up with a woody she would say what if the children walk in. Seriously? It can be hidden just pretend your sleeping and I snuggling with you they wake you tell them you will be right down. I was having sex with her and the kids none the wiser, as the rush down stairs for cereal. Went out to play before dinner have sex in living room so we could hear the door open. Kids went to bed sex again oh yeah rough scheduling, kids are at school during the week sneak some nookie and us time if time allows it too. Yes that poor schedule said frequent risky and often. lol
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 340
Posted: 6/13/2017 5:14:20 PM
I can't believe you would show your woody to her kids to have sex with them. That's disgusting
 Jackcrusto
Msg: 341
Posted: 6/13/2017 5:18:23 PM

I was having sex with her and the kids

Yeah that's pretty f^cked up dude.
 Nestaron
Msg: 342
Posted: 6/13/2017 5:43:04 PM

I was having sex with her and the kids none the wiser

And that is why guys like you 2 have always been garbage it's one thing to correct grammar but to really throw that sh!t is a new low even for the likes of you 2.

And Jack maybe there is a reason your d!ck dont fit in what you call women, cause well maybe since you actually take one part of sentence and use it that may weigh heavily on your brain. Combine that with you not fitting your d!ck into a lady says so much for you.

I might have poor grammar but you 2 have very poor lives that you lead.
 Jackcrusto
Msg: 343
Posted: 6/13/2017 6:03:43 PM
Dude relax we both know what you meant. Just laugh it off no one believes you f^cked kids man. People want to take things so personally and hard around here when really they all need to relax.
 spot4username
Msg: 344
view profile
History
Posted: 6/13/2017 6:10:56 PM

Dude relax we both know what you meant. Just laugh it off no one believes you f^cked kids man. People want to take things so personally and hard around here when really they all need to relax.

For reals. It was a joke, not a**** no reason to take it so hard.
 Jackcrusto
Msg: 345
Posted: 6/13/2017 6:14:24 PM

For reals. It was a joke, not a**** no reason to take it so hard.

Oh my I laughed at that so hard I almost peed my pants for real. I'm so taking that from you, thanks. The joke not the ****. Ahahahahahaha
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 346
Posted: 6/13/2017 7:50:39 PM
Sending a case of wine to...Port Hope...
 Nestaron
Msg: 347
Posted: 6/14/2017 12:32:05 AM
highlighted in red return to sender sorry not at this address.

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 Jackcrusto
Msg: 348
Posted: 6/14/2017 6:00:19 AM

highlighted in red return to sender sorry not at this address.

Too bad I'm sure the kids will be disappointed you sent away their jesus juice.

Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 349
Posted: 6/14/2017 7:38:01 AM

I was having sex with her and the kids

WTF ???????

I'm not going to go thru this entire thread looking to see who wrote this but I sure hope he gets caught if he hasn't been already !
 2ufo2
Msg: 350
Posted: 6/14/2017 8:21:40 AM
No felony. Just a missing comma.
And they say grammar police aren't necessary.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why are so many people disillusioned with relationships?