Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Blackwood85
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Black girls dating white guys. How common is this? Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)

With the huge supply of sisters and the low demand, there should be opportunity for those willing to date outside their race.

Yea I was about to say statistically speaking for online dating a lot of black women are in low demand which is sad to say honestly. As there are a lot of attractive black women out there. It's really not much better for black men but it's slightly better. Maybe I'm saying this because I'm black just ask one out, treat them like they're normal and not of another race. Treat them like you would any other woman and ask one out.

With that being said there are black women who won't go out with white men but there are white women who don't go out with black men but that's not something I care about, I still wouldn't know without asking.
 gingham7
Msg: 31
Black girls dating white guys. How common is this?
Posted: 10/5/2014 5:55:30 PM
Another option is an interracial dating site.
 laika100
Msg: 32
Posted: 10/5/2014 7:48:13 PM
It's not as common as the other way round. I see way more Black men inter-racially dating than black women dating men of other races.
 south_city
Msg: 33
Posted: 10/6/2014 6:17:40 AM

Yea I was about to say statistically speaking for online dating a lot of black women are in low demand which is sad to say honestly. As there are a lot of attractive black women out there. It's really not much better for black men but it's slightly better.

According to reports that I have read, Asian men and black women have the lowest demand for online dating.

Good idea in theory. But the problem with many niche dating sites is that there is a relatively small user base.
 Blackwood85
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 10/6/2014 8:59:17 AM
From what I've read on .

black women
Asian men

Get the lowest responses, I can't remember what the number is for Asian men. But black women tend to respond more even if other races are sending messages to them.

The ones who get the most are white men and white women, with Asian women up there as well. The rest of us can just get ****ed I guess.
 Consensuality
Msg: 35
Posted: 10/6/2014 10:55:53 AM

Separate but equal myright?
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 36
Posted: 10/6/2014 11:30:58 AM
Separate but equal myright?

More like you're walking into a welcomed territory where you can say "it wasn't my race, she just doesn't like me".
 SunnyDazical
Msg: 37
Posted: 10/6/2014 1:52:56 PM
Never worry about what is common, focus on being you and being happy. The blind man sees more colors than the sighted.
 petula1908
Msg: 38
Posted: 10/9/2014 10:34:07 PM
In my experience it is more common than black men dating white women unless he is a high status black male . Why not approach an attractive black girl and see?
I like dark men myself and I am as white as.. However when I did date one, I got a lot of flack and bad comments, even in today's world. So racism exists, you may have to contend with that.
 TrustInKarma
Msg: 39
Posted: 10/9/2014 10:52:46 PM
Well, I definitely like black guys. I've dated them and they were, as a rule, very good guys, great manners, very handsome. I don't understand why black women would be in "low demand". THere are so many beautiful black women out there. Some things just don't make any sense to me.
 SweetAndSour1984
Msg: 40
Posted: 10/12/2014 10:56:50 AM
It's much more common than you think. I live in Los Angeles, a racially diverse, multi populated city. All of my exes are white. The guy I'm currently dating is also white. The problem I seem to run into when it comes to interracial dating is the fetism that some men have towards Black women. I experienced this with Latino Men. They never had any intention on ever dating or being in a real relationship with me. They just wanted to know what it was like to be intimate with a Black woman and if it was true that ALL Black women are oversexed and super freaky in bed. So now I'm taking a break from dating Latino Men. Especially in the LA area. BTW, most of the guys I've dated was not from California, which in my opinion, works out perfect for me. LA men are too superficial and very materialistic. Also, the guy I'm dating now, he's a transplant from Atlanta, GA and he treat me with the upmost respect. He likes me for ME, not because of the color of my skin. He loves all types of chocolate, as he told me recently. Lol. But he also dated in his race as well. Love has no color and if you really think about it, we're all the same color when the lights are off. Lol.
 Consensuality
Msg: 41
Posted: 10/12/2014 11:51:08 AM
More like you're walking into a welcomed territory where you can say "it wasn't my race, she just doesn't like me".

What if I'll date any race? Don't we really need separate sites for racial purists, interracial exclusives and anything goes equal opportunists? And then don't we also need a site for people who enjoy sex other than strictly missionary and people who will have any kind of sex except doggy style and those rare and fine folk into D/s? Also what about things like religion, income, height, clothing style, breakfast preferences, side of the bed to sleep on, favorite type of fruit, etc

I don't want to have wade through three paragraphs of irrelevant text to find out you prefer Valencia to Cara cara.
 SweetAndSour1984
Msg: 42
Posted: 10/12/2014 12:52:28 PM
@Consenuality: If you're the type that would date "any" race, you should make that point very clear in your profile. Either in the heading or the very first paragraph on your "About Me". On this site in particular, no one reads profiles, so all of the other stuff you had mentioned about religion, income and etc is totally irrevelant. Maybe on other more reputable, paying sites, where you actually have the option to choose what type of person you want, then it'll be somewhat important. Personally, I could care less how a person dress, what side of the bed he sleeps on, or how much money he makes. Sex and religion would be the ultimate deal breaker for me. If a guy don't believe in God, it's not going to work out. If he's a prude and only have intercourse missionary style only and have a crapload of sexual hangups, that won't work for me either.
 Consensuality
Msg: 43
Posted: 10/12/2014 3:53:05 PM
You can already select for race, income and faith when searching on this and other free dating sites. I don't agree that faith and income are irrelevant. Plenty of people only date folks in their income bracket or higher. Hell you state in your profile that one of your interests is making money.

And you stated in the same post right above this one that faith isn't important and that you wouldn't date someone who didn't believe in God. And that's fine I don't care if money is important to you or want to date people with faith it's just weird that you contradicted yourself twice and one of those times was literally within the same post.

But addressing your other point the only reason I listed those things I mentioned is because any time anyone on the forum brings up a kink or niche interest or openness really to anything that isn't accepted by the vast majority of people the response is always, "well I guess you should go to a website for sex/interracial/rich/muslim people and not to try to date on this, PoF, the site geared exclusively toward majorities. So I took that point to it's logical extreme and diced people up into smaller and smaller subgroups which apparently was lost on you. My bad.

I did take your advice on stating that I'll date anyone though I didn't want to because I feel like it's a failure of our society to have to spell out such an interest. The implicit stance should be that people are open to relationships inside and outside of their race. It should be the people who DON'T feel that way that have to out themselves rather than the people who do. But maybe you're right that so many people are hostile to the possibility of such relationships that stating your willingness is necessary just to put potential partners at ease.
 cooldog65
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 10/13/2014 9:22:09 AM
Sex and religion would be the ultimate deal breaker for me. If a guy don't believe in God, it's not going to work out. If he's a prude and only have intercourse missionary style only and have a crapload of sexual hangups, that won't work for me either.

You're very attractive, but I'm trying to wrap my head around your statement. Why does one have to be a believer?

Sex and religion don't go together like chocolate and vanilla does.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 45
Posted: 10/13/2014 2:23:35 PM

Also, the guy I'm dating now, he's a transplant from Atlanta, GA and he treat me with the upmost respect. He likes me for ME, not because of the color of my skin. He loves all types of chocolate, as he told me recently.

Sweet, I know exactly what you're talking about. I live in Atlanta. Diversity is at all levels. To the point that when you talk to some kid, or some guy or woman, you don't say, oh this is an intelligent black dude. Nope, you go this is a geek, or this is a doctor, or this is a jock.

This is something that you just don't see in other cities. Two good friends of mine are black. ONe grew up in Germany and he is a total geek. The other one is from Africa and he has a hard time understanding African American culture, so he hangs out mainly with whites and his girlfriend is white.

It's interesting because when I've been to Miami, Orlando, Charlotte, LA, San Francisco, you don't see this like you see in Atlanta.
 SweetAndSour1984
Msg: 46
Posted: 10/13/2014 5:28:56 PM
The reason I said that religion would be a dealbreaker is because I have dated all types of guys who was in a certain religion and try to push their viewpoints down my throat. I had a run in with a self proclaimed atheist who purposely made it a mission to talk trash about my religion, which is Christianity, and of course all others. So, I had enough of the nonsense and decided that in my next long term relationship, I want to date a guy that believe in the same God that I do. I want to have children in the future, and I want my children to grow up believing in the same faith that both of their parents are into. If that makes sense.

Inner, I wish that all the over populated cities that you mentioned can be just like the ATL. In Los Angeles, everybody is so stereotypical and I blame social media, television, and music for how every race, including my own, have an opinion about Black people. Here, if a guy is dating a Black woman and he's non black, he doesn't act like the typical "white","latino","chinese", or whatever ethnicity he belongs too. For him to date a Black woman, he willingly dress and act like he's from my culture and it's so nerve wracking. It's a huge turn off for me. Fortunately, my guy acts, talk, and behave like a normal human being. He doesn't act "Black" just to be with me.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 47
Posted: 10/13/2014 5:55:36 PM

For him to date a Black woman, he willingly dress and act like he's from my culture and it's so nerve wracking. It's a huge turn off for me. Fortunately, my guy acts, talk, and behave like a normal human being. He doesn't act "Black" just to be with me.

Sweet, this is awesome. And again, one of the beauties of why I love my town. I used to live in an area called Cabbage Town, which is next to the 4th Ward, where the Martin Luther King Center is located. The Lofts were I lived were pack with Rap and Hip Hop stars (or so I was told by people around). The interesting thing is that when you get down to the neighborhood and everyday life, there's a cultural vibe that is really colorless. My gf's best friend is a black Attorney woman that also owns one of those places where you go and paint and have some drinks and her kids and my girlfriends kids are in the same Thai Kan Do martial arts school. And the area of town where she lives, Decatur is so anti Hollywood that people are well, quite unique.
 Consensuality
Msg: 49
Posted: 10/14/2014 10:35:50 AM
Page three getttttttttttt
 Consensuality
Msg: 50
Posted: 10/14/2014 10:41:31 AM
Anyways sweet and sour like I said I don't care whether you prefer religious dudes. I do think dating one atheist who was a prick and then writing off every atheist is kind of lame but I can understand wanting to raise your kids within a certain faith if it's that important to you.

Decatur sounds cool.

White people are rotten to the core. But I don't think we're exceptional in that regard just advantaged in that we can afford to pretend we're not.
 Consensuality
Msg: 51
Posted: 10/14/2014 10:42:34 AM
And why hasn't anyone addressed the nimbyism of this forum? That was the most interesting thing about the post as far as I was concerned and everybody just blew right over that. Maybe I should start another topic
 Blackwood85
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 10/17/2014 12:31:01 PM

Well, I definitely like black guys. I've dated them and they were, as a rule, very good guys, great manners, very handsome. I don't understand why black women would be in "low demand". THere are so many beautiful black women out there. Some things just don't make any sense to me.

Who knows? I don't understand why people do the things they do sometimes. I could throw the dreaded "R" word out there but people will just deny they're racists. Nor do I want to sound like I'm whining. This conversation really happened in high school.

Me: Hey Erica are you dating someone?
Her: No, I'm single but I'm not into black guys sorry.
Me: OK, I wasn't really approaching you but OK.
Her: I'm not an racists, I'm just not attracted to black guys.
Me: OK, I understand
Her: I'm not a racist
Me: OK
Her: I'm serious
Me: OK I didn't accuse you of anything.
Her: You're judging me right now. I can tell
Me: This is how I normally look.
Her: You totally think I'm an racist

It's much more common than you think. I live in Los Angeles, a racially diverse, multi populated city. All of my exes are white. The guy I'm currently dating is also white. The problem I seem to run into when it comes to interracial dating is the fetism that some men have towards Black women. I experienced this with Latino Men. They never had any intention on ever dating or being in a real relationship with me. They just wanted to know what it was like to be intimate with a Black woman and if it was true that ALL Black women are oversexed and super freaky in bed. So now I'm taking a break from dating Latino Men.

It seems like every race as this idea that the other races are oversexed and freaky in bed.

I've heard plenty of black men say that white women are freakier than black women, are more subservient and don't have attitudes. Except I've dated plenty of white women and that wasn't the case, I've heard the same thing about Asian women and while I haven't dated an Asian woman yet, I'm sure it's just another stereotype something I'm not going to entertain.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 53
Posted: 10/17/2014 2:32:26 PM

Me: Hey Erica are you dating someone?
Her: No, I'm single but I'm not into black guys sorry.
Me: OK, I wasn't really approaching you but OK.
Her: I'm not an racists, I'm just not attracted to black guys.
Me: OK, I understand
Her: I'm not a racist
Me: OK
Her: I'm serious
Me: OK I didn't accuse you of anything.
Her: You're judging me right now. I can tell
Me: This is how I normally look.
Her: You totally think I'm an racist

This is funny.

Some researchers when now conduct studies they treat racism as a known bias, and how some people say they are not racist yet feel a particular way about another group as Unknown bias. Some researchers send two surveys that had the same kinds of questions about immigration, border patrol, this than and the other. But they send the survey to one group under an Anglo-saxon name and the second group under a hispanic name. Not only the one that had a hispanic name ended with fewer participation, but the responses to the same questions were totally different.

I've know people that claimed that are not racist, but the moment they see an interracial couple they get incensed. In the old days, it was the white guys that felt that way, but I see the same thing from black guys as well. Or the way they talk about Mexicans, as if they were some animal to be used and then spit out.
 pacino233
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 2/21/2015 12:15:29 PM
My last two girlfriends were Black and I'm not exactly the most confident or attractive guy in the world. It just depends on you and the woman in question but race is nothing to fear in itself. Although you would be amazed how often people can glare at you when out in public. Ridiculous behaviour in this day and age.
 NoxzemaWA
Msg: 55
Posted: 3/16/2017 5:38:43 PM
Black women with White men is pretty common here in the Seattle area. I see it more here than in SoCal (where I am originally from).

Your thoughts? Should I just approach black girls and see what happens, instead of thinking what if?

Sure, approach black women like you would any other woman. Treat them as humans and don't mention race right off the bat, that'll make you seem creepier. However, the vast majority of folks date intra-racially so the likelihood of being rejected by people outside of your race is higher. People who date outside their brackets (whether it be racially, socio-economically or religiously) need to have thicker skin.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >