Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 47
Black girls dating white guys. How common is this? Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)

For him to date a Black woman, he willingly dress and act like he's from my culture and it's so nerve wracking. It's a huge turn off for me. Fortunately, my guy acts, talk, and behave like a normal human being. He doesn't act "Black" just to be with me.

Sweet, this is awesome. And again, one of the beauties of why I love my town. I used to live in an area called Cabbage Town, which is next to the 4th Ward, where the Martin Luther King Center is located. The Lofts were I lived were pack with Rap and Hip Hop stars (or so I was told by people around). The interesting thing is that when you get down to the neighborhood and everyday life, there's a cultural vibe that is really colorless. My gf's best friend is a black Attorney woman that also owns one of those places where you go and paint and have some drinks and her kids and my girlfriends kids are in the same Thai Kan Do martial arts school. And the area of town where she lives, Decatur is so anti Hollywood that people are well, quite unique.
 Consensuality
Msg: 49
Black girls dating white guys. How common is this?
Posted: 10/14/2014 10:35:50 AM
Page three getttttttttttt
 Consensuality
Msg: 50
Posted: 10/14/2014 10:41:31 AM
Anyways sweet and sour like I said I don't care whether you prefer religious dudes. I do think dating one atheist who was a prick and then writing off every atheist is kind of lame but I can understand wanting to raise your kids within a certain faith if it's that important to you.

Decatur sounds cool.

White people are rotten to the core. But I don't think we're exceptional in that regard just advantaged in that we can afford to pretend we're not.
 Consensuality
Msg: 51
Posted: 10/14/2014 10:42:34 AM
And why hasn't anyone addressed the nimbyism of this forum? That was the most interesting thing about the post as far as I was concerned and everybody just blew right over that. Maybe I should start another topic
 Blackwood85
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 10/17/2014 12:31:01 PM

Well, I definitely like black guys. I've dated them and they were, as a rule, very good guys, great manners, very handsome. I don't understand why black women would be in "low demand". THere are so many beautiful black women out there. Some things just don't make any sense to me.

Who knows? I don't understand why people do the things they do sometimes. I could throw the dreaded "R" word out there but people will just deny they're racists. Nor do I want to sound like I'm whining. This conversation really happened in high school.

Me: Hey Erica are you dating someone?
Her: No, I'm single but I'm not into black guys sorry.
Me: OK, I wasn't really approaching you but OK.
Her: I'm not an racists, I'm just not attracted to black guys.
Me: OK, I understand
Her: I'm not a racist
Me: OK
Her: I'm serious
Me: OK I didn't accuse you of anything.
Her: You're judging me right now. I can tell
Me: This is how I normally look.
Her: You totally think I'm an racist

It's much more common than you think. I live in Los Angeles, a racially diverse, multi populated city. All of my exes are white. The guy I'm currently dating is also white. The problem I seem to run into when it comes to interracial dating is the fetism that some men have towards Black women. I experienced this with Latino Men. They never had any intention on ever dating or being in a real relationship with me. They just wanted to know what it was like to be intimate with a Black woman and if it was true that ALL Black women are oversexed and super freaky in bed. So now I'm taking a break from dating Latino Men.

It seems like every race as this idea that the other races are oversexed and freaky in bed.

I've heard plenty of black men say that white women are freakier than black women, are more subservient and don't have attitudes. Except I've dated plenty of white women and that wasn't the case, I've heard the same thing about Asian women and while I haven't dated an Asian woman yet, I'm sure it's just another stereotype something I'm not going to entertain.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 53
Posted: 10/17/2014 2:32:26 PM

Me: Hey Erica are you dating someone?
Her: No, I'm single but I'm not into black guys sorry.
Me: OK, I wasn't really approaching you but OK.
Her: I'm not an racists, I'm just not attracted to black guys.
Me: OK, I understand
Her: I'm not a racist
Me: OK
Her: I'm serious
Me: OK I didn't accuse you of anything.
Her: You're judging me right now. I can tell
Me: This is how I normally look.
Her: You totally think I'm an racist

This is funny.

Some researchers when now conduct studies they treat racism as a known bias, and how some people say they are not racist yet feel a particular way about another group as Unknown bias. Some researchers send two surveys that had the same kinds of questions about immigration, border patrol, this than and the other. But they send the survey to one group under an Anglo-saxon name and the second group under a hispanic name. Not only the one that had a hispanic name ended with fewer participation, but the responses to the same questions were totally different.

I've know people that claimed that are not racist, but the moment they see an interracial couple they get incensed. In the old days, it was the white guys that felt that way, but I see the same thing from black guys as well. Or the way they talk about Mexicans, as if they were some animal to be used and then spit out.
 pacino233
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 2/21/2015 12:15:29 PM
My last two girlfriends were Black and I'm not exactly the most confident or attractive guy in the world. It just depends on you and the woman in question but race is nothing to fear in itself. Although you would be amazed how often people can glare at you when out in public. Ridiculous behaviour in this day and age.
 NoxzemaWA
Msg: 55
Posted: 3/16/2017 5:38:43 PM
Black women with White men is pretty common here in the Seattle area. I see it more here than in SoCal (where I am originally from).

Your thoughts? Should I just approach black girls and see what happens, instead of thinking what if?

Sure, approach black women like you would any other woman. Treat them as humans and don't mention race right off the bat, that'll make you seem creepier. However, the vast majority of folks date intra-racially so the likelihood of being rejected by people outside of your race is higher. People who date outside their brackets (whether it be racially, socio-economically or religiously) need to have thicker skin.
 cooldog65
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 3/16/2017 7:15:40 PM

Black women with White men is pretty common here in the Seattle area. I see it more here than in SoCal (where I am originally from).

When I had my first interracial relationship 32 years ago, it was extremely rare. The black man/white woman combo was and is still currently more common.

I was ahead of the curve...
 ohenryx
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 3/16/2017 9:47:45 PM
^^^ I first dated a black woman in 1981, 36 years ago. And yes, it was uncommon, and it gave me pause. I thought long and hard before I asked her out. She was a most unusual woman. Beautiful. Probably more beautiful than Beyonce, if you can believe that. And she was working on a PhD in Geophysics at the time. And unbelievably nice. Didn't last long, she transferred in from out of state, was around for about 6 months, and then moved on to another job in California. I still think about her from time to time.

I truly hope that she has had a great life, she deserved no less.
 GoodLord1
Msg: 58
Posted: 3/31/2017 5:19:49 AM

I will never understand all this 'race'

Surely we are all members of the 'HUMAN RACE'

there's a difference in race as there is a difference between a minnow and a shark.

both are fish but they are not the same.
 razors_edge55
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2017 7:18:27 AM
I remember back in high school I asked out a black young lady ,,(my age) she was smart ,very pretty ,and talented.
we were friends in drama club ,,she said she would if she could ,,but her father would never go for it , pity
would have been my first date ,,

there is a recent film called "Loving" about the first white man trying to marry a black woman (in the south)
not that long ago (1960's)
 LucilleDixon
Msg: 60
Posted: 4/8/2017 9:16:55 PM

Most black women would not get with a white man because she doesn't want to deal with him.

She doesn't want to deal with whatever rot he's got buried inside and doesn't know about. She doesn't want to have to educate him on things that he should have already taught himself. Like most humans, she too prefers the path of least resistance.

I really don't like this generalization of "most", however, this is how I feel about it so this is really the only thing that concerns me as far as white men go. It's not just white men, neither. It can also be other men of color. Latino & Asians like to exclude themselves as if they're any better than Black people so it's definitely not just an issue with White men.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 61
Posted: 4/9/2017 8:01:42 AM
We treat women better then their men do.

It's a no brainer
 Like2dance
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2017 1:16:53 PM
When I lived in the D.C area I briefly dated a couple of black women and knew a few white male acquaintances having black wives. The ladies I dated were smart, playful, happy and very attractive ( think Tyra Banks, not Michelle O.) It was no big whoop to anyone.
 Damilovely
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 5/16/2017 4:41:11 AM
Really we all should simply be open to love.
 Maleman999
Msg: 65
Posted: 5/16/2017 5:10:33 AM

.....black women will respond positively to a positive/confident guy.....

So will white women, yellow women, green women, polka-dotted women, etc.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 66
Posted: 5/16/2017 5:40:09 AM
Jungle fever is one helluva feeling...
 south_city
Msg: 67
Posted: 5/19/2017 3:12:19 PM
Newlyweds married to a spouse of a different race or ethnicity has increased more than five times — from 3 percent in 1967, to 17 percent in 2015.

Among adults who are not black, there's a shrinking share of those who say they would be opposed to having a close relative marrying someone who is black — from 63 percent in 1990, to 14 percent in 2016.

Interracial marriage is also more common in urban areas and among people with college degrees.

http://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2017/05/18/1-trends-and-patterns-in-intermarriage/
 cooldog65
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 5/20/2017 7:29:00 PM

Really we all should simply be open to love.

I'm very open to this lovely English bird...
 simon1800
Msg: 69
Posted: 5/29/2017 3:56:30 PM
Black girls are sexy,,, same with Latin, Asian, etc.... Color means absolutely nothing
 lilay20
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 6/29/2017 10:15:47 AM
I'm Ethiopian and I am very attracted to white male than any other race, but didn't get the chance yet. Go for it we like you guys too. Good luck 😊
 activemelaney
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 6/29/2017 5:47:30 PM
I live in a somewhat liberal city but the races rarely mix when it comes to Blacks dating. Asians date white males.. Hispanics date White males. Asians rarely date Hispanics and almost never date Blacks. White guys rarely date Black 'girls' and rarely ( if ever?) date Black women (over 40). My women friends dont date outside of their own race but white men friends would.

So, its definitely not 'common' here. That s an observation of reality and not what one might 'want' to be reality.

I'd guess the hardest group in my city to find a suitable partner would be Black women over 40 but Black women themselves would know better than me.
 sexandthepof
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 6/30/2017 6:57:47 AM
ohenryx:

I still think about her from time to time.

Have you ever tried to look her up on FB and contacted her?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >