Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > I don't know why, but I can't seem to have any luck with POF.. Help?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ScooterSB
Msg: 24
view profile
History
I don't know why, but I can't seem to have any luck with POF.. Help?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
I have 2 points I'd raise from your profile.

1) You seem to have like, 4 jobs: Music producer, internet marketing, life coach, fitness instructor. So like, which is it, girls won't want a long term relationship with someone who doesn't have life focus or is switching careers even 10mins.

2) This may sound weird because it's yoru profile, but you mention yourself too much. Try and include the reader in there too, make her feel that she can be part of your life. For example:
"I love cooking, I'd love to cook you a delicious meal some time"
or
"I'm really into fitness, maybe we could go on a run along the beach together."
 JohnnyDreamHard
Msg: 25
I don't know why, but I can't seem to have any luck with POF.. Help?
Posted: 9/13/2014 2:12:23 PM
I certainly appreciate the insight Scooter, but I don't think I agree with your first point.
I made it clear that my current profession is internet marketing, and on the side I create music as my passion.(Just happen to be a professional song writer in my opinion).
Aspiring to be a life coach is as mentioned, simply a desire to increase the happiness one might find in their life. Family, friends, and if I become a great enough coach, some clients.
I stated I aspire to create a career in fitness because I do. I don't enjoy internet marketing as much as I had imagined and would like to find a good outlet to escape into. Just being upfront and honest with where I am at, and my interests in life.
I believe it shows I am actively trying to find the perfect mix of things in my life.

Number two, that is good advice. I just figured they could fill in the blank, as the title of the box filled my info in is called "About me"
I will definitely consider fine tuning it up in that regard, thanks Scooter.
 JohnnyDreamHard
Msg: 26
Posted: 9/13/2014 2:13:13 PM
Thanks Jen, :) That was very nice of you. Raised my morale. I will keep at it
 ScooterSB
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 9/13/2014 2:36:08 PM

I certainly appreciate the insight Scooter, but I don't think I agree with your first point.
I made it clear that my current profession is internet marketing, and on the side I create music as my passion.(Just happen to be a professional song writer in my opinion).
Aspiring to be a life coach is as mentioned, simply a desire to increase the happiness one might find in their life. Family, friends, and if I become a great enough coach, some clients.
I stated I aspire to create a career in fitness because I do. I don't enjoy internet marketing as much as I had imagined and would like to find a good outlet to escape into. Just being upfront and honest with where I am at, and my interests in life.
I believe it shows I am actively trying to find the perfect mix of things in my life.

Fine disagree, it's your profile all I can tell you is what it looked like to me, the reader. To me it was not clear what your current job is, and what are things you do for fun in your spare time.
 Forums_only
Msg: 28
Posted: 9/13/2014 8:36:15 PM

I write music for singers, and write poetry, spoken word, and some hip-hop/r&b songs with many different tasteful topics. Mostly spiritual/conscious rap and love songs. I also make some instrumental music electronically on my computer programs

If only this image-generating description were someplace more useful... like in your profile...
 jukebox_cowboy
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 9/13/2014 10:08:16 PM
Pics and profile are perfect, A+. Nothing needs to be changed.

But I think I know why the ladies aren't responding to your messages. It may be your screen name. "Johnny Dream Hard" - some ladies might take this as something sexual.
 JohnnyDreamHard
Msg: 30
Posted: 9/14/2014 8:00:33 AM
Lol, you are right. I should find a place to put that, little more descriptive . Right along the point of Scooter. Thank you for the insight
 JohnnyDreamHard
Msg: 31
Posted: 9/14/2014 8:01:56 AM
Funny you mention that Cowboy, someone also said that prior.
I had no intentions on that insinuating something sexual lol, but I see where it could be misinterpreted.
You think I should change it?
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > I don't know why, but I can't seem to have any luck with POF.. Help?