Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Beware of negging!!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 activemelaney
Msg: 140
view profile
History
Beware of negging!Page 7 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Psychology Today magazine. Courses. 'Experts'

Ha!Ha! That is what people follow?

Humans are not magical beings. If you want a women to be interested then be respectful, confident and make her feel secure. The rest is hocus pocus akin to 5 million fool proof diet plans to lose weight...all promoted by 'experts'.

Games and more games and the never ending on-going hunt for secrets. 'How to seduce a woman'...books from the 60's.....YouTube video advice today....all friggin comical. Relationship gurus.

Have a woman think 'maybe'??? Does an adult male with a brain actually follow this stuff? It is more akin to two teen age boys trying to 'figure out' girls. Set a scheme and lure her to a date.
 fuglygirl
Msg: 141
Beware of negging!!
Posted: 9/30/2014 8:43:06 AM
virtually everyone believes that tactics or gimmicks do not work on them, they are above all taht

advertising does not sway them..it does not sway anyone..thus major corporations are fools for continaully spending $ billions per annum on advertising. and people buy the advertised products..not because of the advertising, but because they happen to be the BEST products..yeah, right..
 Maleman999
Msg: 142
Beware of negging!!
Posted: 9/30/2014 8:53:03 AM
^^^Are you trying to tell me that the $100 jar of facial cream won't necessarily make people look 20 years younger? I better wait for the $200 jar of cream that will guarantee that I'll look like a high school kid again.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 143
Beware of negging!!
Posted: 9/30/2014 9:03:25 AM

and that's why negging, cat-string theory, push-pull, and all the other PUA games where a guy acts the opposite of a door mat, acts like he may be interested but that's it, that she has to prove herself worthy to him, that he could walk at any time....works. There may be different methods to get to the same end, but the end ...works. So much better than gushing over someone's "awesomeness", as an average guy will do in front of some goddess.

As I said prior, and WiP said in her post, it only works on someone who was interested in you in the first place. that of course, is what the PUA courses you pay for DON'T want to say, or who would pay for it?

My quote was about someone I was involved with a while. That has nothing to do with proving you are worthy to a guy - at least in my case it doesn't. I am usually where I am because I choose to be. If I start feeling like I have to prove myself I'm likely to second guess being there and I'll probably leave because to me that's not what works for me.

Then again I don't treat dating or relationships with any priority and I never have really so for the most part I'm not that broken up about ending up single again when it happens. To me liking a guy and wanting to get/stay involved with him aren't really connected.
 activemelaney
Msg: 144
view profile
History
Beware of negging!!
Posted: 9/30/2014 9:29:18 AM
^^^

Funky girl

Sure tactics work.. .the difference between advertising moguls and dating gurus is actual research. Dating gurus are basically the proverbial overgrown boy in his underwear sitting in mom's basement....spouting out 'secret tactics'. Make a woman think 'maybe'...tweak her curiosity...make her want more...reel her in like a fish on a lure.' Other males, also in their mothers basement, start to lap this stuff up. Self fulfilling insanity...then next month they wonder why they still don't have a girlfriend.
 gtomustang
Msg: 145
Beware of negging!!
Posted: 9/30/2014 9:38:37 AM
I suspect from the words she--or he, sometimes funky "thinks" like a man--was being sarcastic in that post.

Some of the dating gurus who have been in the biz for a while, started using Psych research and done testing. The problem? they tend to use what works on the particular type of woman they want...and forget/fail to realize that not everyone's the same.

some women have different purposes in dating, so they respond to different "bait".
 Coma_White
Msg: 146
view profile
History
Beware of negging!!
Posted: 9/30/2014 9:54:09 AM

Funky girl

Sure tactics work.. .the difference between advertising moguls and dating gurus is actual research. Dating gurus are basically the proverbial overgrown boy in his underwear sitting in mom's basement....spouting out 'secret tactics'. Make a woman think 'maybe'...tweak her curiosity...make her want more...reel her in like a fish on a lure.' Other males, also in their mothers basement, start to lap this stuff up. Self fulfilling insanity...then next month they wonder why they still don't have a girlfriend.

You can criticize them all you want, but they're giving out more free information to help people with dating than you are. Many of them get hired by companies to speak to their employees about interpersonal communication, advertising, marketing, how to conduct interviews, motivation, and productivity. I'm not saying these guys have all the answers, but they're doing something positive and making money for themselves. I agree with some of the things they say. One of them being, go out and get reference experiences.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 147
Beware of negging!!
Posted: 9/30/2014 10:33:24 AM

Dating gurus are basically the proverbial overgrown boy in his underwear sitting in mom's basement....spouting out 'secret tactics'.

Spoken like someone that has no idea what he is talking about.

I am not an advocate of negging and do not use it. However, if you understand the principles, the psycology, even the strategy that PUA's use and had applied them, you may not say the above. I would say that about 70 percent of the ideas they provide are right on the money. How can I say that? The proof was in the amount of women I went out with, and how dates that one point were frustrating, after learning a few things, they were quite successful.

What any grown man needs to do is take what works for them, ignore what does not work, and understand your target audience. Are you going after 20 year-olds hagging out at clubs? Or are you interested in professional women, women that have children or careers?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Beware of negging!!