Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Using big words ...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ladyc4
Msg: 226
Using big words ...Page 10 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
I took a quick glance at some other threads and those have not deteriorated the way this one has. I think some people
are trying to have it both ways...run to the mods when they are available, or "act out" when they perceive themselves to be unmonitored.
I would be inclined to woder if this dearth of supervision isn't a bassackwards way to develop an excuse for TPTB to torpedo the forums entirely.
Might want to think about that.
Cindy O
 hemingway114
Msg: 227
Using big words ...
Posted: 10/8/2014 11:56:29 AM
Wow, some of you peeps need to go to anger management class.... I forgot the original question, lol!
 browneyesboo
Msg: 228
Using big words ...
Posted: 10/8/2014 12:18:02 PM
^^^^^yah, jaysus, some people really take this stuff seriously...
way too much time spent with responses....and gawd...who has the
time to read a 12'' scroll of script?

They should start handing out eyemuffs in these forums.
It's like watching a train wreck...I can't look away!
 fuglygirl
Msg: 229
Using big words ...
Posted: 10/8/2014 12:47:10 PM
In GENERAL. .not always, it is the people marginally above average who feel impelled to brag or try to highlight their supposed superiority.
The person who did well in high school, not the one who aced their phd..although their parents might brag.
the legal secretary, not the legal scholar
The person with $200, 000, not the one with 2 or 20 or 200 million, or more
do Bill Gates or Warren Buffet brag? Not likely. .much more likely is your neighbor ho make a few $ thou more a year than you, or has a nicer car.
those at or near the pinnacle gave no need to brag, in fact it would attract unwanted attention.
Those near the bottom scrabbling to be above others will be much more likely to brag
 Dee4166
Msg: 230
view profile
History
Using big words ...
Posted: 10/8/2014 1:12:26 PM

They should start handing out eyemuffs in these forums.
It's like watching a train wreck...I can't look away!

Eyemuffs?!?!?!?!!? LMAO

Oh, oh, thanks for THAT one, it's priceless!!!!!

Awww man, some people are gonna like you and some aren't...some are gonna agree with you and some won't...and really, when I turn my laptop off...ALL of them just ...go away, well those from the forums at any rate....lol
I have nothing more to contribute to the actual topic as it would appear that most have lost interest in that any way...

But thanks again for "eyemuffs".....lol
 BLoNDeANGeL845
Msg: 231
Using big words ...
Posted: 10/10/2014 1:29:20 PM
I was wondering when you'd finally get around to trotting out the tired old "gold-digger" card. My net worth is actually higher than my guy's, so I don't need his money--I have my own. But thanks for your concern for his wallet.

here's a big word: prevaricator.

I'm ten years younger than my guy, so to him, I'm a younger woman. It's all relative. However, unlike you, I never misrepresented my age on this site. I'm 55 and have no issue with admitting it. I also have no issue with posting my pics. Can you say the same?

Botox? I don't use it

here's another big word: Restylane

PS- I left out Silicone ;0P
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 232
Using big words ...
Posted: 10/10/2014 2:44:55 PM
^^^^ Did you get an employee discount? You really need to get a refund.
 BLoNDeANGeL845
Msg: 233
Using big words ...
Posted: 10/10/2014 2:59:53 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
disappointed in that comment

you're so over.

found you on youtube...

http://youtu.be/wYgFV_dfQWc

oh & the dreadlocks are so passe
 Coma_White
Msg: 234
view profile
History
Using big words ...
Posted: 10/10/2014 3:42:50 PM

you're so over.

found you on youtube...

http://youtu.be/wYgFV_dfQWc

oh & the dreadlocks are so passe

Who are you talking to? No one in this thread has deadlocks.
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 235
view profile
History
Using big words ...
Posted: 10/11/2014 3:17:04 AM

In the past, I had years of bad meets/dates that BAFFLED me, so I empathize w/ OP.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^You have posted a multifarious amount of posts about your fake hair, surgeries (if I remember correctly) and all sorts of horn tooting yourself that try and make you sound like you are beating them off with a stick.
Men want me, they aren't up to the task in some way. blah blah blah Yeah, Ok , we get it.
Possibly you are to hot for this site.

Maybe you stopped and know better now, maybe you haven't, I dont read your threads anymore than I read OPs anymore unless y'all happen to just post something I find funny or worthwhile * holds breath*and someone points them out to me.

I for one don't care, nor do most others ..but you and OP, WAY over share and regurgitate your "misfortunes".
I remember the fries thread since YOU brought it up.
Your reaction to him wanting to just share was less than graceful or polite.

The guy seemed he was being nice..You could have defused the situation easily.
"I had gastric "whatever", allergic to whatever and LET IT GO, but had to up the guy as rude/crude and be rude yourself, then whine about your date to us as to what a jerk he was.

As for you and others bashing a woman or women on here just because of their looks and good fortune
( fabulously beautiful by the way..) Having a man that treats her like a queen and he happens to have some money ..Waaaaaaaaah for you.Good for her.
Desirous, begrudging much?
I wouldn't respond to any of you if I were her.

FYI and OP's its not making you a hot commodity, causing jealously or any of whatever you are *de-loooding* your selves about to post about subjects like that..

You seem to have some jealousy issues going on with the very good looking and intelligent women on this site no matter what they post.
If you compare rows of sew in hair and gastric bypass to botox or a filler as being acceptable and the other not, then you would be a hypocrite.
or attitidonizer if you rather have a more * complicated word*

Most women have something done as we age if we can afford it. So what?
Go without makeup/hair clip ins/shaving, etc if it offends thee so much not to go au natural.
 BLoNDeANGeL845
Msg: 236
Using big words ...
Posted: 10/11/2014 5:54:28 AM
^^^
why you defend a forum bully escapes me, but H Skies has not only bullied in the forums, but sent me bullying emails over the years in the guise of "well meaning advice". I see her tear down many people & had enough of her-hence my posting...

as far as jealousy goes, SHE INITIATES on anyone she feels threatened by on any level. She harrassed me when I was heavier, but when I lost weight & updated my photos, she turned the harrassing up a notch.

It's also pretty sad if she mocks all women who had hair loss cuz it includes chemotherapy, etc.
It's also sad that instead of encouraging other woman like the one in the surgery thread, she tears her down & has to twist things to infer people had lipo, other surgeries etc.

She's a mean girl, a "Regina George" & you are one of her "plastics"...

I have no jealousy issues as you say, I've been friendly & encouraging to many & only pick the bone w/ the mean ones...I have my own happy life & don't give a rat's azz about ANY mean girl...
what I do give a rat's azz about is how in the last week, not only did this woman dig at me, but she took shots at a widow who lost her child & an older woman who started a thread openly & honestly, as well as some assorted others(including a bald man)

( fabulously beautiful by the way...)

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. IMO she's the most UGLY WOMAN ON POF, UGLY TO THE BONE, based on her vitriolic & HYPOCRITICAL persona. (posts one thing publicly, then emails the opposite privately) I know many others feel the same, but are too afraid or maybe too beat down or too "nice" to publicly post it.

This forum used to be a lovely place, w/ many kind, loving, respectful people. (Some are still here & I thank you for being who you are.) Sometimes people would step on eachother's toes or disagree, but it was kept respectful & polite. Over the years, I've seen bullying & "sock puppets" pollute this forum & turn it into a cesspool of a joke, w/ Ms. Skies being the most egregious harridan! It's become like hanging out at a dive bar

:0(

maybe it's time to shut this gin joint down...
 DragonBits
Msg: 237
Using big words ...
Posted: 10/11/2014 5:57:25 AM

Who are you talking to? No one in this thread has deadlocks.

I believe she is alluding to another poster being an evil, troll like the Leprechaun in the utube vid.

The Leprechaun is punishing a woman who believes herself to be very good looking and said woman in the vid says men will have to pay now.

No comment, just my observation on intent.
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 238
view profile
History
Using big words ...
Posted: 10/11/2014 6:27:09 AM

SHE INITIATES

If that is true, then you ignore it ,take it, attack her looks as fake or * whatever makes you happy*.
What you did say about her was borderline heinous, certainly "mean".

ANYHOO

I've been friendly & encouraging to many & only pick the bone w/ the mean ones

So you choose when it's OK to be a "mean girl" as do most.
That's your prerogative based on your perception.

Everybody's talkin all this stuff about me (Now now)
Why don't they just let me live (Oh oh oh)
I don't need permission
Make my own decisions (Oh!)
That's my prerogative

They say I'm crazy
I really don't care
That's my prerogative
They say I'm nasty
But I don't give a damn..........BBrown

I know there's a dead mouse under the frig before its last breath..My nose is astoundingly, hound-fully accurate most of the time.
When it hasn't been, I have apologized openly and publicly.

Calling me plastic makes you feel better?
Cool with me.
Plastic petunias..has a ring to it anyway.
 HondoGal
Msg: 239
Using big words ...
Posted: 10/11/2014 10:32:52 AM

Two words cupcake - gold digger. Not like we all don't know that. And no thanks, I don't want a man that looks like my father...have keep the old codger. And you are not what I'd term (or others) "a younger woman" all the botox and hair dye still won't make you a "younger woman". You're over the hill just like the rest of us over 50 or 55 or 60 or 65.~blue moon

The remarks keep getting nastier; surely a display of jealously.

Halcyon_Skies, both you and your guy are very attractive. Of course he does not look elderly or like your dad. Anyone who says that is simply jealous. Someone who consistently spews bitter words rarely has viable men pay them attention.
To some anyone who dates well has to be a gold digger; this of course is due to the fact that they cannot attract the finer, well-off gentlemen.

You haven't contributed a single thing to this thread. All you've done is complained about complaining. You don't have a picture, but you put down other people for their appearance. You have no right to criticize anyone else, especially about appearances when you won't provide a picture of yourself.~Coma

+1, thank God for the words of wisdom from the young.

As for you and others bashing a woman or women on here just because of their looks and good fortune
( fabulously beautiful by the way..) Having a man that treats her like a queen and he happens to have some money ..Waaaaaaaaah for you.Good for her.
Desirous, begrudging much?
I wouldn't respond to any of you if I were her.~Peppermint

+1
When I see someone who is without a mate and probably dateless as well deriding and degrading, not only the beautiful woman, but her lover as well I know it is jealousy. Degrade what they cannot get; well-off attractive men and necessary beauty treatments.

I find it odd, that a woman would get upset or feel the need to call someone else out for making it all about "looks" when they have spent the last couple of years on the forum trying to convince everyone how beautiful she is (because hey.....if no one else will recognize it I guess you feel the need to point it out yourself) ~cautious

LOL
 TrustInKarma
Msg: 240
Using big words ...
Posted: 10/11/2014 10:49:36 AM
Really shouldn't get involved in this train wreck of a thread, but Halcyon Skies has taken some pretty mean and uncalled for shots at me as well, totally unprovoked. I have never attacked her appearance, in fact I do think she looks good for her age, but she has taken many shots at me, my profile, my appearance, for no reason at all. If she is happy with her guy, more power to her, I don't really care, but if someone was truly as happy and "blessed" as she claims she is, she would be a lot nicer to strangers she has never even met in person and who actually try to avoid her jabs like me. I have tried to just ignore her insults and mean comments aimed at me, but there seem to be more people that have the same issue with her.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 241
Using big words ...
Posted: 10/11/2014 12:14:23 PM
Karma, all I did was agree with another poster who called you out for lying in your profile about your age, and saying you were 38 when you were in your mid-forties, and then boasting about how you didn't look your age.

You also had a penchant for putting down men your own age, and comparing them unfavorably with men in their twenties. You did this several times.

I agreed with some male posters who pointed this out to you. Sorry if that rubbed you the wrong way, but that's how things appeared from my perspective.

Now granted, you have since corrected your age in your profile and you seemed to have stopped doing the other two things, so I have no further issues with you. I can't say the same for a few of the others here, however.
 TrustInKarma
Msg: 242
Using big words ...
Posted: 10/11/2014 1:08:19 PM
I never lied about my age in my profile. I made a profile and instead of getting 1970 as my year of birth from the drop down menu, I hit 1978 by mistake. 8 and 0 look close when I don't wear my lenses and I was distracted by my kids when I made that profile. I was putting it back up after a bad breakup, so I had other things on my mind. I also mentioned my correct age very prominently in the first sentence of my profile. As far as not looking my age, I'm only repeating what I'm told all the time by people IRL, both male and female. I usually get early 30s, but who cares really. I'm fine with what my real age is and most guys I date seem to have no problems with it either.

As far as putting men down - I and other women that I know have a pet peeve about older guys who are not blessed with good looks yet who seem entitled to only want to date much younger, in shape women, while overlooking their own flaws. THose men I have an issue with, and I won't give them the time of day when they contact me. I have and will date men my age or older IF they don't have such ridiculous attitudes. And it is a fact that younger men are more attractive as a rule than older men, the same as younger women as a rule are more attractive as younger ones. Men state this about women all the time, so why should it not be OK to for women to notice the same.

Either way, I would never slam a woman about her looks. I was not pretty when I was young and I still remember how utterly hurtful it is to have other females bash you about that. The guys don't seem to do that for the most part, at least not to your face. I also don't date men who will shun women their own age or older out of solidarity with them. Women really should empower each other more and support each other, not have silly cat fights over unimportant stuff.
 overunity
Msg: 243
view profile
History
Using big words ...
Posted: 10/11/2014 1:55:28 PM
Quick question to the women in this kitten fight, how many different men have you each slept with in the last two years?
 _babblefish
Msg: 244
Using big words ...
Posted: 10/11/2014 2:12:25 PM

As far as putting men down - I and other women that I know have a pet peeve about older guys who are not blessed with good looks yet who seem entitled to only want to date much younger, in shape women, while overlooking their own flaws. THose men I have an issue with, and I won't give them the time of day when they contact me. I have and will date men my age or older IF they don't have such ridiculous attitudes. And it is a fact that younger men are more attractive as a rule than older men, the same as younger women as a rule are more attractive as younger ones. Men state this about women all the time, so why should it not be OK to for women to notice the same.

science says that the odds are overwhelming that you think you're more attractive than you actually are. Experiments on this are downright freaky.

Read more: http://www.cracked.com/article_19177_5-shocking-ways-you-overestimate-yourself.html#ixzz3FsAzhZlp

keep mirror licking, it doesn't change the fact you're garden variety. . probably just like the men that contact you
 Deadliest_Snatch
Msg: 245
Using big words ...
Posted: 10/11/2014 3:38:32 PM

Quick question to the women in this kitten fight, how many different men have you each slept with in the last two years?

Well, well, well … wolvesatthedoor -
what kind of disgusting, intrusive, prurient, judgmental question is THAT?

I guess you're enjoying whacking off to the drama and need a little more fantasy fodder for the big one?

Pig.
 HondoGal
Msg: 246
Using big words ...
Posted: 10/11/2014 4:08:29 PM
As far as putting men down - I and other women that I know have a pet peeve about older guys who are not blessed with good looks yet who seem entitled to only want to date much younger, in shape women, while overlooking their own flaws. THose men I have an issue with, and I won't give them the time of day when they contact me.~trustin

This does not make sense. Any man is ENTITLED to seek whatever he desires; whether or not he gets what he wants is another matter. I don’t see why what another wants should bother you.

Then you state “I won't give them the time of day when they contact me”. Everyone on a dating site gets contacted by persons they deem undesirable. I discount those who do not interest me but I do not take offense at their efforts.

Well, well, well … wolvesatthedoor -
what kind of disgusting, intrusive, prurient, judgmental question is THAT?

I guess you're enjoying whacking off to the drama and need a little more fantasy fodder for the big one? ~deadliest

LOL, thanks for putting it so succinctly!
 slowitalldown
Msg: 247
Using big words ...
Posted: 10/11/2014 8:10:05 PM
I'm so confused as to how this reached 11 pages and has veered so off track and yet no one has mentioned who paid for coffee/dinner.

Back on topic, I thought OP sounded pretentious and I too couldn't figure out how an intelligent woman couldn't figure out a man was not educated enough to date her if she received even a couple of emails.

Not that I equate intelligence with education, and I'd rather have an intelligent man than an educated idiot any day.

Not that either are beating down my door. (Should I avoid saying 'beating' after reading wolves comment?)

Do we not have moderators any more?
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 248
Using big words ...
Posted: 10/11/2014 8:33:32 PM
Ya know...I'm gonna side with the blondeA kitten.

H Skies has an ugly personality in the forums and I'm not shy about saying so.

A year or 2 ago I made a comment about paying alimony, and she said she'd never date a guy that paid it.

Not necessary and irrelevant.

Angel has been very polite in our communication and hasn't once displayed vitriol or toxic comments that someone else has.

I don't give a rats a$$ how happy someone is on their pedestal with mr happy, but f vck you if you think you're better off now and thus feel entitled to look down on others with your sanctimonious holier then thou attitude.

I've met some other UGLY personalities here on the forums as well. Some that would tell me that they're not interested in me because I am not attractive to THEM. Not classy at all. I would never tell an ugly woman she was ugly. I would simply not respond.

yet, something about the dysfunction of these forums keeps me coming back?

I guess I feel normal after reading them.

Rant over.
 theforumfiend
Msg: 249
Using big words ...
Posted: 10/11/2014 8:57:56 PM
I'm old and fat, which has occasionally made me a target, however I've never felt attacked by Halycon. She doesn't mince words which may be seen as harsh. I've never felt pressured to agree with her either. At least she's never said something like:

Yes women have the upper hand, we have "The V" & men want access to "The V"- HAIL TO THE V!!!!! - BlondeAngle

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/1741689datingPostpage7.aspx
 slowitalldown
Msg: 250
Using big words ...
Posted: 10/11/2014 9:14:55 PM
So are we now going to trot out random (and out of context) past comments? Seriously?

What is this, high school and we are lining up behind who we are supporting?

I am old and (somewhat) fat and I've been attacked by plenty on these forums, and yanno what I didn't care one bit what a bunch of typing on a screen said. Didn't affect me none (sorry to the grammar police). But I have no dates, or not enough to rattle anyone's cage. So what do I know?
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Using big words ...