Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Sex drive of men over 40      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 26
Sex drive of men over 40Page 2 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)

Whenever I'm in an exclusive relationship I don't allow myself to have an orgasm every time we have sex. No, this isn't easy to do but well worth it, not only to be able to perform more often but when I do finally come the build up amounts to an exquisitely intensely powerful orgasm ! The kind where you actually laugh after because you feel such a natural high !

This is awesome. Have you tried to have a "Dry" orgasm? You go at it and right before you have your orgasm, you stop. Once you become good at doing this, you can then bring it up again, and again. So when you have the final "wet" orgasm is so freaking intense that you'll look like you're having an epileptic seizure. And along the way, she may have had a few of her own.
 Supersoulson
Msg: 27
Sex drive of men over 40
Posted: 11/13/2014 9:29:03 AM

This is awesome. Have you tried to have a "Dry" orgasm? You go at it and right before you have your orgasm, you stop. Once you become good at doing this, you can then bring it up again, and again. So when you have the final "wet" orgasm is so freaking intense that you'll look like you're having an epileptic seizure. And along the way, she may have had a few of her own.

This is exactly what I do.

The interesting thing is that I've had more than one partner that didn't like it when I didn't come, as if the only way she would be convinced I was enjoying myself was if I reached orgasm. They usually need to adjust to my method/behavior. I guess it's not so common ?
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 28
Sex drive of men over 40
Posted: 11/13/2014 10:17:19 AM

as if the only way she would be convinced I was enjoying myself was if I reached orgasm.

The dry orgasms can be as intense as the wet orgasms. But I can see what you're talking about. My gf called it unfinished business.
 overunity
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Sex drive of men over 40
Posted: 11/13/2014 2:51:19 PM
Real men call it "blue balls" when they don't cum, but anything for a good bs story, right?
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 30
Sex drive of men over 40
Posted: 11/13/2014 3:07:11 PM

Real men call it "blue balls" when they don't cum, but anything for a good bs story, right?

So now you are going to cyber stock me? And put down everything I say as fiction? Don't you have a life? Don't you have something better to do with your time than follow what I post and put it down?

On the above you happen to be sooo clueless it's ridiculous. Do your research on dry orgasms. They happen, they are real. I am not the only one that have experience them. But you are so know it all that you're stuck with your "blue balls."

Ask Supersoulson.
 overunity
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Sex drive of men over 40
Posted: 11/13/2014 3:34:15 PM
Well I for one wonder where you find the time to post in your very busy 40 hour days, ten of which you apparently spend in the sack with the most beautiful women in "your" universe.
And as far as blue balls are concerned, my love making techniques haven't allowed that since my teens.
But write on, but do try to use correct spelling and grammar in your posts, the miss use you've displayed betrays your "claimed" abilities in the literary world.
 kj521
Msg: 32
Sex drive of men over 40
Posted: 11/13/2014 6:04:53 PM
"miss use you've displayed betrays your "claimed" abilities in the literary world"

Like misuse, perhaps? Lol
 CharminC
Msg: 33
Sex drive of men over 40
Posted: 11/13/2014 8:48:31 PM
Overunity.... what Supersoulson and InnerGorrila are talking about is a form of controlled lovemaking and it's done for a purpose. Call it blue balls if you will but I guarantee you, these men and their partners are very happy in the sack.
It's a very smart move on their part. I'm quite impressed.

So why wanting it to go the poly route?
^^
Well as of today, this question no longer applies. The current beau is no more. Tsk tsk.. c'est la vie
But to answer the question anyways.... it was mainly due to the fact that I am very aware of how I am as a person during the beginning of a relationship. I've been set in my ways far too long. Poly would have lessened my need for expectations and standards towards a single person by being "detached" emotionally.
I can't imagine being as attached in a poly as one would monogamously.
Ah... but that's another thread. Isn't it?
 wooweewoo13
Msg: 34
Sex drive of men over 40
Posted: 11/14/2014 2:55:15 AM
As Im older FWB would be a dream but at my age most woman are looking to latch on and while I could def be monogamous and have no problem with sexual levels am not looking for marriage as many are.....speaking for myself if I were getting what I needed.....and WE were friends with that special understanding......nope I wouldnt stay as you say....and as adults you two should be able to talk this all out......Good luck!
 SD2131
Msg: 35
Sex drive of men over 40
Posted: 11/14/2014 3:45:31 AM
A complete MYTH...I`m in better shape than men in their 30s..my sex drive is better than ever and so is performance..I`m a firm believer if a man stays in shape and keeps himself well conditioned performance isn`t a problem...
I`m not sure about your issues with this man, however, if he`s healthy and active, i`m sure he`s pleasing you sexually, or you would have left him...

As for my perference, in partners, i prefer a younger woman, to one my own age, because, on a sexual level, they`re able to keep up with my need to have sex on a daily bases and won`t complain abt it..
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 36
Sex drive of men over 40
Posted: 11/14/2014 6:57:34 AM

Poly would have lessened my need for expectations and standards towards a single person by being "detached" emotionally.

Carmic, I can see what you're talking about. Sorry the relationship did not last. In my relationship, I decided to open myself completely and if I am going to get hurt, let it be. I learned that from my previous relationship, where I somehow kept my emotions in a safe place, until one day she pretty much told me it was over and done. In fact, she was the stronger of the two, because she voiced what I was already feeling. In my current relationship, the one some looney tune thinks is fictional, I chose to open up and be vulnerable.
 ohenryx
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Sex drive of men over 40
Posted: 11/14/2014 2:02:30 PM

So why wanting it to go the poly route?
^^
Well as of today, this question no longer applies. The current beau is no more. Tsk tsk.. c'est la vie
But to answer the question anyways.... it was mainly due to the fact that I am very aware of how I am as a person during the beginning of a relationship. I've been set in my ways far too long. Poly would have lessened my need for expectations and standards towards a single person by being "detached" emotionally.
Ah... but that's another thread. Isn't it?

Interesting post. I’ve always been very curious about alternate life styles. I guess growing up reading Robert Heinlein can do that to you. While I have had sexual adventures (threesomes, partner swapping), I have never experienced anything like polygamy or polyamory.

It’s very hard to find others who might be interested.
 petula1908
Msg: 38
Sex drive of men over 40
Posted: 11/14/2014 2:16:05 PM
Overunity

Yes, just keep your legs crossed dear, so those naughty women who have younger men and frequently wont bother you at all. lol!!! Such a cynic....
 CharminC
Msg: 39
Sex drive of men over 40
Posted: 11/15/2014 9:54:10 AM
Carmic, I can see what you're talking about. Sorry the relationship did not last.
- thank you kindly :)
and..it's charmin... with an h......and the g is silent lol

In my relationship, I decided to open myself completely and if I am going to get hurt, let it be.
- I suppose that's the way to do it!

I learned that from my previous relationship, where I somehow kept my emotions in a safe place, until one day she pretty much told me it was over and done. In fact, she was the stronger of the two, because she voiced what I was already feeling.
- I'm the one most likely to opt out. Classic heartbreaker this girl is. My current... err.. recent one... was the first where I tried to stick with it. It actually lasted a WHOLE month longer than what my normal relationships last ;P But I will say this. l felt more for him that any man ever. It was intense. Shortlived, but intense.

In my current relationship, the one some looney tune thinks is fictional, I chose to open up and be vulnerable.
- Buahahaaaa! I'm not even going to ask who but now I've an urge to watch cartoons.
Being vulnerable at this age, I find is so much harder because of the self awareness. You really do get back what you put out but you haven't truly lived if you don't try and stick it out, take the brunt of it all.
 DragonBits
Msg: 40
Sex drive of men over 40
Posted: 11/15/2014 10:38:06 AM

The dry orgasms can be as intense as the wet orgasms. But I can see what you're talking about. My gf called it unfinished business.

Really interesting history on this.

It's also called karezza. Or coitus reservatus.

Some really strange history of this and the USA.

================================================================

There is a slight difference between karezza and coitus reservatus. In this practice, unlike karezza, a woman can and does enjoy a prolonged orgasm while a man demonstrates self-control; similarly, in the context of two male sexual partners, the receptive partner can enjoy the stimulation of his prostate for a longer period of time than he would otherwise.

Coitus reservatus was admittedly part of the teachings of the Catholic Church regarding sexual intercourse and was generally a permitted form of intercourse but was subject to the same arguments as coitus interruptus

Dr. Alice Stockham was taken to court and forced to give up teaching the practice of Karezza in the United States of America. Like many other of the sex reformers, Stockham was arrested by Anthony Comstock.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coitus_reservatus
 TooShadows
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Sex drive of men over 40
Posted: 11/16/2014 5:29:26 AM
I'm 49,and my sex drive is as strong as ever. My girlfriend is 36 and he has a high sex drive as well,and I'm able to keep here well satisfied. The only thing that has changed is my recovery time. I now need a couple hours to get ready for the next session.
 want to travel
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Sex drive of men over 40
Posted: 11/16/2014 5:49:41 AM
God,I only wish mine would slow down......and its supposed to,I hate needing it so much
 CharminC
Msg: 43
Sex drive of men over 40
Posted: 6/10/2015 5:53:17 PM

I am 57 years of age and make love to my Wife once, each - and EVERY day and have done so for years now with no problems what so ever, we both very much look forward to this part of our day. She is 52 and the every day part was HER idea. To put this in perspective I had a friend who lived to be just past 100 and he had no problem what so ever up until only a few weeks before his death. Men over 40 can be quite capable in this regard.

Well that's great news for women eveywhere!
but .....only once a day??
Oh pooh :(
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Sex drive of men over 40
Posted: 6/14/2015 6:38:43 PM
overunity

It is "misuse" not miss use.......oh dear pot kettle black!!!!!

I for one enjoy InnerGorilla's posts, he writes with a sexy accent and I like his stories, true or not....
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Sex drive of men over 40
Posted: 6/14/2015 6:46:25 PM
Laika100

What I dont get is that you both want FWB, i.e. casual sex with no commitments and yet he has the nerve to want you to be exclusive? Cant have it all ways. Exclusivity is for when you are seriously dating in my book.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Sex drive of men over 40
Posted: 6/14/2015 6:55:28 PM
Problem is men often lose their looks after 45 and and are not fit. This can affect the sex drive and their ability to attract the woman they want...... However he may be getting it elsewhere or it is the "same old cow" syndrome.....
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 47
Sex drive of men over 40
Posted: 6/15/2015 6:16:05 AM

I now need a couple hours to get ready for the next session.

The recovery time from a dry orgasm can be as quick as 10 minutes to 30 minutes to drive up the intensity. Also you can practice getting to that point when you are about to orgasm, let the rush run through your body, but stop, then as it begins to calm down penetrate her a few times, stop, let the rush come over again. When you are at the complete edge to where just one pump and you will explode. Stop and take that ten minute break. Then start fresh, but not where you left off. Start the new session by slowly trying to make her wet again.
 sealady111
Msg: 48
Sex drive of men over 40
Posted: 6/15/2015 5:13:18 PM
On a recent radio talk back discussion on mismatched sex drives.... I, along with others, phoned in to state that some mature women have a higher sex drive than men and that the men are having difficulty 'performing'.

This included men making the phone calls and agreeing.

I wish I could find a mature man with everything under his kilt... in purrrfect working order.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 49
Sex drive of men over 40
Posted: 6/16/2015 7:14:37 AM

I wish I could find a mature man with everything under his kilt... in purrrfect working order.

I hear you. I hear you.

The problem is that many men, particularly after 50 start to gain weight, exercise less, drink more, and have a ton of STRESS from work. Just your high blood pressure medication can cause ED. Drinking does the same and lack of exercise it means they can't last that long. Ad to that performance anxiety, that means that they may get it up, but because they are afraid that they may not, and they don't know you that well, or whatever is stuck in their head, and WAM, they can't do anything.
A way around this for women may be to try to date men that are part of cycling, running, hiking, dancing. Physical activity is the key. Guys that like to dance not only have stamina on the dance floor, they have it elsewhere.
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 50
Sex drive of men over 40
Posted: 6/16/2015 10:05:58 AM

I, along with others, phoned in to state that some mature women have a higher sex drive than men and that the men are having difficulty 'performing'.

You rarely hear people discuss the opposite- that young men have a high sex drive and the young women their age are just not that interested in sex. It sucked to be a guy in my early 20's when girls my age seemed to have sex as the last thing on their minds. They were more interested in hanging out with their girl friends, working on school, and building their careers. What goes around comes around.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Sex drive of men over 40