Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Are there any active moderators?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 76
Are there any active moderators?Page 4 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
^^^^ maybe someone hired a lawyer and made POF delete the thread. OR, maybe there is a new mod in town. It was fun running amok for a few days, then it got boring.
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 77
Are there any active moderators?
Posted: 10/14/2014 2:41:11 PM
msg:114 If you look at the 'Deleted Threads Forum', you'll see the thread, 'How Trolls Should End' from 'Off Topics', was Deleted by 'Event Moderator'. Posters have stated that the 'Event Moderators' could only 'Moderate Events'. Maybe POF has expanded their Powers, since the Regular Moderators quit.
 cotter
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2014 3:06:15 PM
If people behave ... why should they be concerned about what a moderator will do?
 Strings6
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 11/6/2014 8:30:51 AM
Moderation,oh yes,i was just told that I could not post more than 2 post out of 10 in a discussion of politics while the other person of the opposite side was allowed to post about 3 out of 6.....yeah,there's moderation here....many of my post politically and gender sensitive issues never show up.
 trinity818
Msg: 80
Posted: 11/6/2014 1:32:05 PM
Strings,

Sometimes you can get around that by putting more characters in your post. That has worked for me in the past.
 Strings6
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 11/6/2014 6:48:51 PM
Thanks for the advice but I can't say I care enough to bother with it,dealing with such people is a waste of time.
 billingsmason
Msg: 82
Posted: 11/11/2014 6:42:57 PM
#2 and 6 nailed it.

Strings, there isn't a someone following you around the internet limiting what you can say....
It's a programming filter "they" pour our diatribe through.
It just requires you to hit the hole in the filter.

If this was mine......... I wouldn't moderate either.
It's like a plant. Once sown, it should need little attention to do what it should.
Yes, amputate the bad and stoke the fire...
it will adapt, as we should without our moderators.
Maybe this a good day to honor them too.

I also hope we don't loose this venue.
I have learned much and honestly had no idea how OLD worked until discovering the forums. Any question I could possibly think of about dating or women or why this isn't working.....are answered here. So much of a percentage of the population is just pretty unprepared to answer simple questions. It's evidenced in all my posts...
 billingsmason
Msg: 83
Posted: 11/11/2014 6:43:31 PM
Fuck
 ladyc4
Msg: 84
Posted: 11/12/2014 9:09:25 AM
bobby
I think you are mixing up your media characters. Just an observation.
Cindy O
 CynthiaSM
Msg: 85
Posted: 11/29/2014 7:43:14 AM
I always check "myforums" for any new posts and, lately, when I go to read the latest post it isn't there. Same sort of experience as when there were moderators deleting individual posts.

Are there mods again? Or just another POF bug?
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2014 7:56:42 AM
I think there's still auto delete, for those who haven't lost the privilege.
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 87
Posted: 12/6/2014 12:16:49 PM
In case you haven't noticed, there are NO moderators anymore. They either quit or got fired or whatever and haven't been replaced. Admin. doesn't care about the forums and rarely responds here...I've seen him pop up once in awhile to comment on a new feature on the site. NO moderators at this time for the general forums.
 awesomefiftyman
Msg: 88
Posted: 12/14/2014 12:07:01 PM

Just an observation...
In all of the threads that I have been in in the past week or so I have not seen any posts or statements by moderators. Also, the report thread hasn't had this many visible posts since the link to the forums disappeared from the top of the dating side pages. Although it has taken more than a week to get the ones posted and in the "old days" that many would appear daily.

Like I said, just an observation.

Oh they exist.
They delete threads all the time without reason and stay hidden.
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 89
Posted: 12/14/2014 1:12:33 PM
You bonehead. Your thread was deleted by votes from your fellow posters, not a moderator. You post a new thread, a box pops up basically saying "do you want to delete this thread" and there are a list of reasons. 10 votes out of 10 leads to either the thread staying or the thread being deleted. You posted about the lesbians in a cafe, it was voted for deletion. Then you posted it a second time, and it was voted for deletion. Then you went and added your stupid post to another thread topic. You're either dense or stubborn.
 ladyc4
Msg: 90
Posted: 12/14/2014 3:16:44 PM
The moderators we speak of were volunteers who policed the FORUMS. They had nothing to do with profiles getting deleted, for the most part.
If you know of someone whose profile got deleted, then there must have been some violation of the rules governing profiles. I have heard of certain IP "addresses" being flagged due to being a "location" for a large number of spammers or people posting inappropriate and/or rule-violating profiles.
Before you complain to anyone-I would go over the rules and terms of service with your friend to make sure there was not a violation( perhaps inadvertent)-if it's a matter of a flagged IP I'm not sure what can be done.
ETA-if the profile was created on a computer/IP address that already has a profile here, it nay have been mistaken as a duplicate or a 2nd account( you are only supposed to have 1 account/profile)...
Cindy O
 awesomefiftyman
Msg: 91
Posted: 12/14/2014 5:04:15 PM

You bonehead. Your thread was deleted by votes from your fellow posters, not a moderator. You post a new thread, a box pops up basically saying "do you want to delete this thread" and there are a list of reasons. 10 votes out of 10 leads to either the thread staying or the thread being deleted. You posted about the lesbians in a cafe, it was voted for deletion. Then you posted it a second time, and it was voted for deletion. Then you went and added your stupid post to another thread topic. You're either dense or stubborn.

Question could be asked why people voted for deletion.
The thread was about my preference for non-stereotypical women.
But everyone LIKE YOU seemed to focus on lesbians?
Hmmm?
What is it like to be filled with so much hate bluemoon24_7?
Is it a thrill to belong to a group of POF forum haters?
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 92
Posted: 12/14/2014 5:49:06 PM
Question could be asked why people voted for deletion.
The thread was about my preference for non-stereotypical women.
But everyone LIKE YOU seemed to focus on lesbians?

I voted to have it deleted because I feel you started the thread mainly to bash women who wear make-up---which is a large portion of the straight female population in North America.

If you don't like make-up, then simply don't date women who wear it. End of story.
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 93
Posted: 12/14/2014 5:59:08 PM
Threads are voted off for various reasons. I can't even remember why your first thread was voted off...perhaps it was boring. I believe the second one, same topic with the addition of "why was my thread deleted?", I believe it was voted off as a Pity post as in " poor me, my thread was deleted". Please remember, it takes 10 votes to have a thread deleted...you have two threads, 20 folks cord them off.

I don't hate. Well, I hate the Charlie Manson types, the people that go in and shoot up schools, pedophiles, racists...the usual. As for hating on this trivial dating site forum; nope, I don't hate anyone. What I have learned is that you can't fix stupid.

You sound very immature for a 50 year old. This stuff should be running off your back and not bothering you so much....be an adult about it all. Will all of this matter tomorrow or next week or next year??
 awesomefiftyman
Msg: 94
Posted: 12/14/2014 11:16:59 PM

I voted to have it deleted because I feel you started the thread mainly to bash women who wear make-up---which is a large portion of the straight female population in North America.

Halcyon_Skies,
instead of feeling why didn't you think about it. Then you could have questioned me about my post in a reasonable manner.

What I have learned is that you can't fix stupid.

You sound very immature for a 50 year old. This stuff should be running off your back and not bothering you so much....be an adult about it all. Will all of this matter tomorrow or next week or next year??

bluemoon24_7,
I've seen how you rudely write to others on this forum besides me. According to your logic, my thread should have been running off everyones' back and not bothered them so much.
You're just a hypocritical ***hole.
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 95
Posted: 12/15/2014 7:31:25 AM
Hmm, then you haven't read all my posts then have you. I'm an ***hole? Cool, I'll quit being an ***hole when you actually grow up and quit being a 6 year old having a temper tantrum. Actually, I'm not all that bad, I just have a problem with calling people on stuff. I'll work on it but I'm a Virgo.

The option to delete a thread, for a dozen or so reasons, is there for a reason and the general fora get to delete as they wish. By the same token, a thread can be voted to Stay. The thing is, more people voted to delete your two threads than folks who voted to keep your two threads. This whole process has nothing to do with one or two posters - it's just that Halcyon and I both stated we voted to delete. What about the 18 other people that voted to delete? Go find them, it will give you something to do.

Just to let you know, many of us have started threads that have been deleted. I know I have. And many of us have had folks disagree with us. Heck, Halcyon and I have battled more than we've got along in the forum but at the end of the day (a couple of times it was more than a day) we agreed to disagree and moved on - neither one of us have driven cross country to b!tch-slap the other. It's not important. It's a dating site forum and in the big picture, hell, in the little picture, what goes on here or is said here is not life or death or even remotely important in how one runs their life.

Don't take this so seriously. Many of us have been here for years and have fought battles of words back and forth many times and the funny thing is, many of us have ended up as friends. I know, silly things happen. I've had one particular friend on here for 6 years and we didn't like each other all that much at the start. Turned out that we had a lot in common and he and I email personally back and forth, have talked on the phone, I know his kids....shyt happens.

So a few people made fun of you. Get over it. You just slapped me with words, you sort of slapped Halcyon and I'm pretty sure I can speak for her in saying "Oh well, too bad/so sad" and we'll move on and just mutter "idiot" under our breath. It's a blip in our day. And you should do the same when you read a comment that you disagree with...just mutter "idiot" under your breath. It feels good, and then move on.

Have an awesome day.
 ladyc4
Msg: 96
Posted: 12/15/2014 7:44:06 AM
As a longtime forumparticipant, I will verify/vouch for the fact that a tread can be "voted off" by ordinary forum posters.
Why so butthurt,fiftyman?
Cindy O
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 97
Posted: 12/15/2014 9:52:51 AM

Halcyon_Skies,
instead of feeling why didn't you think about it. Then you could have questioned me about my post in a reasonable manner.

There’s nothing to question you about. Everyone is entitled to their preferences, including you. You’re entitled to date women who don’t wear make-up. I saw no purpose in your starting a thread about it, other than a thinly-veiled attempt to minimize those women who do.

If the genders were reversed, and a woman came into the forums and started a thread about male facial hair and how she thought all men would be more attractive if they shaved off their beards and mustaches, she would get blasted for bashing men with facial hair---just as you got blasted for bashing women that wear cosmetics. My opinion still stands.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 98
Posted: 12/15/2014 1:39:05 PM

You should have done a search on the beard thing.........

There are many threads just like the one you claim shouldn't be allowed.

You might want to do a bit a of research yourself:

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts14943650.aspx
http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts13663283.aspx
http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts7914819.aspx
http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts1829914.aspx

And your point is ?
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 99
Posted: 12/15/2014 5:49:48 PM
My point is you gave an example of something that had already happened. So by precedent his thread should have been allowed.

But, but, but... men bashing women who wear make-up has also already happened. Both thread topics are redundant and have been done to death---and both thread topics were about bashing members of the opposite gender.

As far as I'm concerned, his thread should have been shut down, and it would appear that many other posters agreed. I'll also add that if any new threads appear about either topic, I think they should be shut down, as well.
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 100
Posted: 12/15/2014 8:32:25 PM
I disagree, I don't think we need mods. Other than a few back and forth spats on here, things have been relatively civil. We haven't gone to hell in a hand basket. No real babysitting required. If someone is deleted, they come back anyway...just like before.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Are there any active moderators?