Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Are there any active moderators?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 98
Are there any active moderators?Page 8 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)

You should have done a search on the beard thing.........

There are many threads just like the one you claim shouldn't be allowed.

You might want to do a bit a of research yourself:

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts14943650.aspx
http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts13663283.aspx
http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts7914819.aspx
http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts1829914.aspx

And your point is ?
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 99
Are there any active moderators?
Posted: 12/15/2014 5:49:48 PM
My point is you gave an example of something that had already happened. So by precedent his thread should have been allowed.

But, but, but... men bashing women who wear make-up has also already happened. Both thread topics are redundant and have been done to death---and both thread topics were about bashing members of the opposite gender.

As far as I'm concerned, his thread should have been shut down, and it would appear that many other posters agreed. I'll also add that if any new threads appear about either topic, I think they should be shut down, as well.
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 100
Posted: 12/15/2014 8:32:25 PM
I disagree, I don't think we need mods. Other than a few back and forth spats on here, things have been relatively civil. We haven't gone to hell in a hand basket. No real babysitting required. If someone is deleted, they come back anyway...just like before.
 ladyc4
Msg: 101
Posted: 12/16/2014 10:08:59 AM
I agree that we can probably get along fine without mods. In fact, IMO, too many used running to the mods as a weapon. I think we had one instance of a mod that either had his account hacked-or else he had a meltdown. Personal opinion, I favor the meltdown theory.
I have no doubt that lots of threads may have been somewhat unfairly voted off, had the topic been allowed to develop, it would have been valid. But that's why it takes 10 votes to auto-delete.
Cindy O
 kasandroid
Msg: 102
Posted: 12/17/2014 12:14:53 AM
Bla, bla who cares, in case anyone noticed the forums are pretty damn boring anymore, and unoriginal and wow some people need to step away from the computers if they can't see how comatose the forums got. Where did that chic from Novia Scotia go? At least she was a riot.
 awesomefiftyman
Msg: 103
Posted: 12/19/2014 11:23:06 PM
The luxury of having no mods is that you are able to see who the thin-skinned, censorship loving whiners are.
We are adults.
Attack the message and counter with your opinion.
Don't attack the messenger.

Lest we follow the footsteps (goose steps) of Joseph Goebbels.
 station18
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 12/19/2014 11:38:54 PM
sorry but i'm looking for help here. i have message about a dozen women and i never get anything back,like no thanks or buzz off....lol..Is this how on line dating works ? I would like to get something back even if it's bad....Thanks Dan
 not_single_x
Msg: 105
Posted: 12/23/2014 9:36:54 AM

station18: sorry but i'm looking for help here. i have message about a dozen women and i never get anything back,like no thanks or buzz off....lol..Is this how on line dating works ? I would like to get something back even if it's bad....Thanks Dan

Dan, unfortunately the pickings are rather slim for an older, fat, bald guy, who smokes often, and cannot even compose a sentence using proper grammar.

You don't need a profile review, you need to lose the weight, quit the smoking, and take some writing courses.

Once you take care of those details we'll work on your profile, until then it's a pointless exercise in futility.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 106
Posted: 12/23/2014 11:37:50 AM

Dan, unfortunately the pickings are rather slim for an older, fat, bald guy, who smokes often, and cannot even compose a sentence using proper grammar.

You don't need a profile review, you need to lose the weight, quit the smoking, and take some writing courses.

Once you take care of those details we'll work on your profile, until then it's a pointless exercise in futility.

That's a bit harsh, don't you think? He's not obese, and I'm sure there are plenty of female smokers out there who wouldn't reject him for being a smoker. As for grammar---I've seen a lot worse coming from some regular posters.
 not_single_x
Msg: 107
Posted: 12/23/2014 11:44:54 AM

Halcyon_Skies:
That's a bit harsh, don't you think? He's not obese, and I'm sure there are plenty of female smokers out there who wouldn't reject him for being a smoker. As for grammar---I've seen a lot worse coming from some regular posters.

Maybe a bit. Just trying to motivate him.

As far as the grammar goes, well most of the regular posters could use a writing course.

We're not talking about a very high collective IQ on this site.

Although you and I do help to raise the average to some extent.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 108
Posted: 1/17/2015 5:37:24 PM

So, the fat b*tch with a mole that had it's own postcode and the twatitude that made George Galloway look sane is no longer around to p*ss decent people off?

Out of curiosity, would you happen to be one of those decent people, garkesco, aka zeegary?
 theforumfiend
Msg: 109
Posted: 1/17/2015 9:07:01 PM
Halcyon and Nancy, two thumbs up.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 110
Posted: 1/18/2015 7:52:19 AM

So, the fat b*tch with a mole that had it's own postcode and the twatitude that made George Galloway look sane is no longer around to p*ss decent people off?
Thank God for that!
What a horrendous piece of baggage she was!

Irony alert;

Cafeteria christian thanks invisible man in sky with words that said invisible man would use to send him to a terrible made up place.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 111
Posted: 1/19/2015 7:37:41 AM

It's not an offence where I live.

100% correct, as cafeteria christians get to pick and choose what their invisible sky wizard may or may not have a problem with.
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 112
Posted: 1/19/2015 8:41:46 AM
Geez, I didn't know it was against the law to use foul language and god in the same friggin sentence. WTF. It's one of those WWJD moments when I'm sure he'd say "lighten the fvck up on the god damn criticism and don't make up bullshyt rules for others."
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 113
Posted: 1/19/2015 9:09:31 AM

...so he feels he has to lash out in a pathetic, childish manner.

Says the person who said this:

Thank God for that!

What a horrendous piece of baggage she was!
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 114
Posted: 1/19/2015 9:11:36 AM

You seem to object to that, going by the derogatory manner of your posts about those who have faith.

Faith? Oh, I love that word. Take your choice of definitions from this LIST (noun this time):

1: The irrational belief in things that are not there (you know, just like Santa and the Tooth Fairy when you were a kid).

2. Belief not supported by evidence or reason, but assumption alone.

3. The ability to believe in something for which there is absolutely no evidence.

4. The false representation of unverified propositions or baseless superstitions as truth.

If you don't like any of these, I have more.

Agree the mods should be history. We can police ourselves just like the cops do. Where's CrookCatcher? He can comment on that.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 115
Posted: 1/19/2015 9:47:26 AM

He was talking about the WOMAN mod ONLY.! And maybe in YOUR opinion she did well and was FAIR to YOU,and some of HER favorites friends in the forum as I can SEE, but not to others, and I wonder why you are here acting as her lawyer or police ,defending her everytime someone say something.And INSISTING in having a MODs on the forums....are you asking/or want to be A forum mod?

This is why most people don't make good MODs. Then can't read and comprehend English.

and the twatitude that made George Galloway look sane

The gar guy was b*tching about two MODS, one female and one male. Based on his experience with people that he doesn't like or respect. No doubt extensive experience.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 116
Posted: 1/19/2015 9:50:29 AM

I expressed an opinion based on experience and knowledge.

If you were banned, there was likely a good reason for it. Flaming, name-calling, and putting down other people's physical appearance is against forum rules.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Are there any active moderators?