Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Free Birth Control - the way to go      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 IL_Capitano
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Free Birth Control - the way to goPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)

Simple responsibility for one's own life is fast becoming an alien concept and is on display here,anyone who suggest that people are responsible for themselves is more and more in the minority among the clamor for "free" stuff and gimme gimme.

Yeah, and I think of all the "oops" pregnancies we read about here from women who claim to have been taking BC. I'm not sure that free BC is going to solve anything when it comes to someone who prefers to use Fate as the preferred method of BC.

Guys are stupid to believe any woman who claims she is using some form of BC. For women there are, what, about 12 types available to prevent, a couple of methods post-conception and two ways to avoid responsibility post-birth and there are still so many "oopies"?

I'm hoping the reversible male BC turns out to be effective and available. I heard about something called Vasalgel that is supposed to be viable in a couple of years. That would be great for a lot of young men.

Xray86
Msg: 22
Free Birth Control - the way to go
Posted: 10/6/2014 7:57:16 PM
I never had sex when I was a teenager. What's your excuse?
 calguy14
Msg: 23
Posted: 10/7/2014 3:51:59 AM
@Il Capitano
I have a son who just turned 20,many young women appear to be quite eager to become pregnant and drop the bomb on them.This is why I advocate the use of condoms for the males.
 IL_Capitano
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 10/7/2014 4:48:34 PM

@Il Capitano
I have a son who just turned 20,many young women appear to be quite eager to become pregnant and drop the bomb on them.This is why I advocate the use of condoms for the males.

I have three sons, always have condoms available and tell the to use them 100% of the time. I don't think the youngest guy (16) is banging anyone and my oldest (24) doesn't live here anymore, but my middle guy (17) is pretty popular and is having regular sex with various young women. He tells me that he always wraps it up, and I really hope he does.

My oldest guy is a Master Corporal in the armed forces and he's a bit of a target because of his decent income and benefits. Talking with him, I know he "gets" it and is careful. He's seen many of his fellows get themselves into compromising situations.

I truly hope that Vasalgel lives up to it's proposed effectiveness.

deetristate
Msg: 25
Posted: 5/16/2016 10:33:03 AM
So the Supreme Court, unanimously, threw out rulings requiring religious employers to provide birth control or face fines.
 dreamon4u
Msg: 26
Posted: 5/16/2016 10:43:44 AM
Wise move. That is probably why they get relatively smart people on the SC.

You don't like so much as a free lunch do you Dee?

My friend has a doctor that won't prescribe birth control pills, he asks you to book an appt. with his partner in practise. The thing is, this same doctor doesn't have a problem with prescribing Oxy and Perc to my friend so she is hooked like a junkie. Idiots. So yes, maybe sometimes a decision from smart folks needs to over rule the fools and bigots.
 raisehill
Msg: 27
Posted: 5/16/2016 11:16:19 AM
Hint. Threw Out does not equal Remand, anymore than 3 = 4. What the Supreme Court did was avoided having to rule on a very controversial issue by sending it to the lower courts to reach an alternative decision that will make everybody happy. Smart move. The demise of that Nut Case (and Satan believing), Scalia, has been good for the Court and good for America.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 28
Posted: 5/16/2016 11:59:49 AM

WASHINGTON, D.C. – The Supreme Court today punted on the question of whether an order of Catholic nuns and other faith-based groups must provide their employees with birth control coverage, sending the dispute back to the lower courts and urging both sides to reach a compromise.

The case, Zubik v. Burwell, is the combined lawsuit of The Little Sisters of the Poor, Priests for Life, and several religious universities, who seek a religious exemption to the contraceptive mandate of the Affordable Care Act (also known as “Obamacare”). In a unanimous per curiam opinion, the Court vacated the judgment of the Court of Appeals, which ruled against the Little Sisters, and sent the case back to that court so the parties can be given “sufficient time to resolve any outstanding issues between them.” Justices Ruth Bader Ginsburg and Sonia Sotomayor wrote separately to emphasize that the Court did not decide whether the mandate violates the Religious Freedom Restoration Act, as claimed by petitioners.
- See more at: http://newbostonpost.com/2016/05/16/supreme-court-passes-on-ruling-in-little-sisters-case/#sthash.bCFM9df4.dpuf

Guess the Little Sisters are not wanting their supply of charity cases to go and dry up on them--especially not on their dime. Boy, if ever there was a classic case of "I'd rather be right than effective" this'd be it, lol!
 deetristate
Msg: 29
Posted: 5/16/2016 7:36:34 PM
""""vacated the judgment of the Court of Appeals, which ruled against the Little Sisters""

So . . .

va·cate
ˈvāˌkāt/Submit
verb
leave (a place that one previously occupied).
"rooms must be vacated by noon on the last day of your vacation"
synonyms: leave, move out of, evacuate, quit, depart from; More
2.******
LAW
cancel or annul (a judgment, contract, or charge).
 aj17225
Msg: 30
Posted: 5/17/2016 12:05:18 AM
Once the GOP is in the WH in November, Scalia's seat will be occupied and this ruling will definitely change. No worries here.
 raisehill
Msg: 31
Posted: 5/17/2016 4:41:52 AM
You are getting it a litlle. THROWN OUT.. dismissed, would have been the exact opposite effect of vacate and remand.
 Jo van
Msg: 32
Posted: 5/17/2016 5:26:35 AM
Well Duuuuh!
Catholics don't "need" to provide Birth Control to their male employees,
because, obviously, they only rape pre-pubescent CHILDREN!
-So no risk of pregnancy there.
Especially if the victims are male children.
And they do seem to like young boys.

Do you think it's their obsession with "virgins", that makes them defile young children in such a horrific way?
Or is it the "cross-dressing"?
Or the (loosely) enforced "celibacy"??
-Yeah. That's a "good idea".[/sarcasm]
Like an explosion, waiting to happen.

Those "nuns" look just like they're wearing "burkas" anyway.
What a waste of a life.

Religions:
Just say no, kids.
(Or, at least, fewer)
 cotter
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2016 11:06:17 PM
Message 33 ...
"The Supreme Court today punted on the question of whether an order of Catholic nuns and other faith-based groups must provide their employees with birth control coverage, sending the dispute back to the lower courts and urging both sides to reach a compromise."

I have friends who are not Catholic and work for "Catholic" organizations. Shouldn't they have a right to have insurance that covers birth control?

Where do you find an insurance plan that does not cover birth control? Every insurance plan I've ever had covers birth control at no extra expense to the employer. If the employer had dictated that it not cover birth control, it would not have made the insurance any cheaper.
 deetristate
Msg: 34
Posted: 5/22/2016 7:09:07 AM
Well, they don't have to work there.

I know a baptist/atheist ( depends on the day) woman who works for a synagogue.

She gets upset that she can't bring non-kosher foods for lunch.

Well, she could get a job elsewhere.

She knew what it was going in.

Hypothetical:

Suppose a plan is 200 per month with birth control and 180 without.
Normally the employer, who does not pay for birth control, pays 120 and the employee pays 60

What if the employer said, well, if you want birth control, you pay 80 and we will pay the 120

Or would the demand be that the employer pay 140 and the employee continue to pay 60?

If so, then it is not about access, is it?
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Free Birth Control - the way to go