Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Which state will be the last to legalize gay marriage?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 376
view profile
History
Which state will be the last to legalize gay marriage?Page 16 of 19    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19)
I will have to agree with Mungo on this! Having the power to marry a couple and providing this service for charge without religious affiliation gives them NO right to discriminate based on race, religion, sexual orientation. It would be like a ship captain or city hall refusing..they can't for that reason.

Their personal beliefs and bias can't influence whom they do business with, as long as they are getting paid.

A church minister is a whole different matter....they can refuse based on their beliefs. Heck, thy can refuse simply because they don't think a couple SHOULD be married. There are plenty of cases where a church minister has refused to marry someone. Some expect couples to go to counseling 1st.

Church ministers do it as a service to the church and a favor often to a couple. It isn't their primary role. I assume most, or at least the Roman Catholics are going to follow what the POPE and Bishops say, before Obama or any court, as is their right!

As for Jewish Rabbi's...well it is a funny thing. Here ( largest population outside of Tele Aviv)many get Rabbi designations simply so they can turn their homes into places of worship and avoid property taxes! I think many will do it for money, as many are very progressive. They voted in a communist progressive mayor.

The Rabbi's also use their powers to get over legal laws all the time. They marry people who never get the marriage recorded in the gov't all the time. This way they are recognized by the Jewish community as married but not city hall..thus allowing the women to get medicaid, food stamps and other welfare for themselves and children while the "husband" brings in over 6 figure salaries!So I doubt they will discriminate!
 Mummymania
Msg: 377
Which state will be the last to legalize gay marriage?
Posted: 6/30/2015 4:27:04 PM
I am guessing you are full of shit adventure Joe and a full fledged antisemite. It takes years of study to become a rabbi. You don't go buy a mail in rabbi certificate for 10.99. Next thing you will say is the jews own all of the banks and the media. Fook off adventure joe.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 378
Posted: 6/30/2015 4:27:22 PM

I know dozens of women who live through that on a daily basis. Men tirelessly flirting with them. My daughter can't go out with her girlfriends without getting hit on all night. She and her friends (all married) always go to the same place, and it's always the same guys ... no matter how many times she tells them she's not interested.

Your friend is not trying to "convert" you! However, by going around saying such things, you feed the homophobes' ideas that ALL "gays" are out there desperately hitting on "straight" people trying to convert them. It's just not so.

I have also been hit on by gay men, all around Washington Dc and Maryland. Two were strangers.

One guy actually told me he was wealthy and could do a lot for me. It was very amusing. I thought this is what some women must experience.

One guy I got a gut feeling he wouldn't just take no for an answer. He was in my apartment building, and wanted to get together, show me around the town. I was new in the apartment building, he was a big aggressive guy, so I thought it better to avoid him. I could have been wrong about him.

One was a friend I would see once a week in a group. Five of us would get together to play Alvon Hill games. He once invited me over to his house on a non-game day.

Music, some beer and pot. A lot of stories about gay sex.

He tried very hard to seduce me. Then he told me he had been with another straight friend from this group. I wasn't dating any girl at the time, so he said why not? But despite being a little tipsy, he never tried to force himself, just tying to seduce me into oral sex. I wasn't repulsed by the idea, I just think it would enormously complicate my life, so I turned him down, and after that night he never pursued it again.

The friend got me in to a movie that his friends were making. I acted in the movie, it was a straight role, and it was a really really low budget movie made for cable. All the other guys in the movie were gay. A few fag hags (their term, not mine) and a few straight women. No one bothered me in the least, and I did learn more about gay culture, and I never realized how hard it is to act in front of a movie camera.

I get the feeling that a few gay men get a real charge out of converting a straight man. Kind of like a few guys like virgin women.

Though in my opinion convert is a poor term, it's not like they are trying to convert a guy to being gay, they just like the sexual experience of being with a newbie. I get it, I have had that same feeling from women that were sexually a little naive. I don't go looking for that with a woman, but I recognize the feeling when it happens.

Gay men are no better or no worse than straight men, some are players, some are nice guys, etc, etc. It's not like being gay makes you a better human being, you get the same range of behavior from straight men with women.
 flyguy51
Msg: 379
Posted: 6/30/2015 4:37:21 PM
One of the problems with rob's habitual lack of citations is that we do not see the date of the article in question. The Hitching Post controversy is from October of 2014 and is not related to the current ruling when it comes to the articles on it. Even so, the talk of fines and jail time was overstated:

http://www.advocate.com/politics/marriage-equality/2014/10/27/anatomy-right-wing-fabrication-no-threat-idaho-wedding-chapel

It was a for-profit business and not a religious institution at the time. The owner couple decided to become a nonprofit religious institution since then, I believe.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 380
view profile
History
Posted: 6/30/2015 4:52:30 PM

I am guessing you are full of shit adventure Joe and a full fledged antisemite. It takes years of study to become a rabbi. You don't go buy a mail in rabbi certificate for 10.99. Next thing you will say is the jews own all of the banks and the media. Fook off adventure joe.

Wow we have a troll here....I am the regular member here NOT you..you go fook off! :) and the "J" in Jews is suppose to be capitalized btw!

I am telling you what is common her,e and the religious ones do study for years! As in most of the males! I should also mention I am half Jew on my mothers side( my moms grandfather spoke Yiddish even) so NO anti Semite here.

25% of Brooklyn's population is Jewish so I think I would know more as to what goes on here (plus I patrolled this city ) than some redneck from Virginia with a High school education and has a profession: sometimes..eh? EXACTLY!

And I won't say they own the Banks, but I worked the 42nd street diamond exchange for a short while and I can say that Israelis and religious Jews do own most of that business. And in NYC Jews do have the most clout...not strange considering they represent one of the largest groups here. We even have the Jewish community buy our old police cars and use them for neighborhood patrol. They do get certain perks here with the city council and Police dept. But what would you know Mr. Redneck?

PS--go look up the definition of Anti Semite Mr. Redneck (we call people from south of NYC rednecks who use "fook" and "mummy", don't take it personal). I admire what they do actually..NO HATE here!

I think you just have a bone to pick since I took Mungo's side. I am now thinking about staying in this thread just so I can chew you apart when you say something..disagreeable :)

Mistake trying to play chess when you are a checkers player (with bad spelling to boot) !

Oh wait..are you really Rob? The cat killer? That explains everything. Carry on! Don't forget to kiss your mummy :P
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 381
Posted: 6/30/2015 5:10:12 PM
Clearly it was congressional action...and now I've been re-edificated.

So the real issue is whether the government can compel somebody to so something which is in violation of their religious beliefs.

If someone serves the public in a public business or public service (government) then their personal beliefs don't matter.fall within the confines of the constitution.....the law is the law

Not so sure that everybody has the fundamental right to be married by the person of their choosing . .

They don't...but the do have the right (not sure it's fundamental) to be married by the county clerk or at the local marriage mill without prejudice.

no Federal Act can trump the constitution.

Well, acts and amendments generally work to close loopholes within the constitution. And often open others...see anchor babies-13th amendment...

Oh wait..are you really Rob? The cat killer? That explains everything. Carry on! Don't forget to kiss your mummy :P

Interesting...perhaps...

adventurejoe70
Msg: 382
view profile
History
Posted: 6/30/2015 5:22:27 PM
Ah! So your Spidey sense is tingling as well! He uses the same rough vernacular (non American) that Rob uses! And Rob always attacks any comment that he thinks is directed against Jews but apparently has no problem with attacks on minorities.
 Mummymania
Msg: 383
Posted: 6/30/2015 6:05:55 PM
Joe, you have not nearly enough intellect to challenge me. And you are still full of shit...accusing many jews of being everything bad under the sun, even welfare cheats. You are the epitome of an antisemite.

BBN, you may end up being correct how the courts will rule, but it's not yet a done deal about who will or won't be compelled to marry gays, just as doctors are not compelled to perform abortions, even if they work in public clinics. Not the same I know. But there is an analogy, and that is personal constitutional ights, not easily overruled.
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 384
Posted: 6/30/2015 6:13:29 PM
The whole Wedding Chapel thing was of their own making, no Gays had asked to be Married there......

http://www.religionnews.com/2014/10/24/idaho-wedding-chapel-hollow-victory-religious-freedom-commentary/

The Presbyterian Church my Late Wife & I were Married in, regularly Rented their Chapel/ Minister out for Weddings.... We were never Members of their Congregation, nor asked of Our Religious views.... For all they knew, We could have been Atheists.... All they were doing is Renting out their Facilities & the Minister was acting as a Agent of the State......
 deetristate
Msg: 385
Posted: 6/30/2015 6:55:41 PM
" I don't believe an orthodox rabbi has any obligation to marry a jew and a non-Jew"

They don't.. . . . . . . Wait. . . . . they didn't?

Do pharmacists who object to the morning after pill for religious reasons have to dispense them?

This is a question.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 386
view profile
History
Posted: 6/30/2015 7:11:26 PM

Joe, you have not nearly enough intellect to challenge me.

You mean my street smart edge , high level of education, and being a member of the Mensa society (Google it) isn't enough to challenge your self acclaimed "intellect"?

You will have to forgive me for disagreeing. I suspect it isn't far fetched to believe that the toe nail of my small toe has more than enough intellect to challenge you!

I certainly know that my 3 felines have the intellectual capacity to challenge you! Perhaps that is why cats anger you???

And you are still full of shit..

Prove me wrong if you can. Belle Atlantic from the Bronx will support what I am saying. Again it is common knowledge here to native NY'ers. Stating a fact makes it true! I invite you to come here and prove me wrong.

I will gladly point out the benefit cards being used by guys with the newest Iphones and luxury watches coming out of the supermarket loading groceries into their newly bought luxury cars. Then you can follow them to their homes that just had major reconstruction work costing hundreds of thousands of dollars. These are my neighbors, friends I grew up with even!

Perhaps we will visit the medical offices near my house where the receptionists (usually Russian) accept the Medicaid cards?? I mean it isn't like I can't possibly have relationships with these workers who accept the cards? Or those who use them? I know I really don't live in Brooklyn ( rolls eyes) and my Brooklynyse speech pattern is really that of Kentucky (rolls eyes).

accusing many jews of being everything bad under the sun, even welfare cheats.

Yes..they know what they do. No accusations needed. But I never said ALL or Most do it. It is reasonable to suspect many do. After all you suspect some, many do other things from different races/ethnic groups from posts you have written in the past.

Again, I said it was common! Prove me wrong!

Btw I am not even sure they are committing fraud because they legally aren't married! You are assuming they are doing something bad. I never said that!:P

You are the epitome of an antisemite.

Rob you are the epitome of an idiot!

You don't even know what the word anti-semite means.

Here YOU go, wiki is appropriate for a simpleton with your intellect:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisemitism

Since I don't have prejudice against, hatred of, or discrimination against Jews as an ethnic, religious, or racial group...I am NOT an anti semite. At worst you could say I am stereotyping, but that isn't even true here since:

1. I am NOT saying ALL do it. I am not even saying MOST do it. You are the only one saying it is impossible that MANY/some do it.

2. It is true. Prove otherwise! My Jewish friends wouldn't even deny it..that is what is hilarious here!

3. I am part Jewish, and considered by many Jews to be Jewish for that reason. So at best I would be considered a" self hating Jew" or a "self loathing Jew". I would think you would know that much if you truly knew about Jews! Perhaps you should learn more about the terminology before you spew hatred?

P.S.- please learn to capitalize the word Jew. Not doing so is more disrespectful to them than anything I could say :P
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 387
Posted: 6/30/2015 7:28:24 PM
Yeah, I live in a city with a tiny Jewish population, so I can't speak from personal experience. But I do recall hearing about some controversy over the ordination of Rabbis in the American Northeast. I'm going from memory here, but there was a Rabbi who was ordaining pretty much anyone who asked.

And it really pains me to back up Joe on this. I mean he called New Yorks mayor a communist for crying out loud. That's pretty out of touch with reality.
 Mummymania
Msg: 388
Posted: 6/30/2015 7:37:59 PM
An Antisemite speaks bullshit and you believe I have some obligation to prove you wrong? Burden is not on me
You made the assertion. You prove it. Live on in your fantasy world of your overwhelming iq. Maybe we can put some money in trust, and that person with the higher reported iq takes all.

Yes Joe is playing on the ignorance most people have about Jews. Rabbis become rabbis by going to and graduating from a yeshiva. They get there by studying the Torah year after year. Joe is simply parroting anti-Jewish propaganda he hears while living in the gutter of the streets of nyc.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 389
view profile
History
Posted: 6/30/2015 8:48:45 PM

An Antisemite speaks bullshit and you believe I have some obligation to prove you wrong? Burden is not on me.

Yes it is! You don't live here or have knowledge about here! I see with my own eyes and as a retired LEO it would make sense I know what crimes/behavior certain groups partake in. Common sense. I think if you dig far enough you can probably find reported written stuff on it (FBI investigations?). I can also tell you what Italian criminals do ,as well as Russians. I am Russian-Italian and speak both languages..am I hating on them also? You are sad!

Live on in your fantasy world of your overwhelming iq. Maybe we can put some money in trust, and that person with the higher reported iq takes all.

Sure, but problem would be if I went first you would make sure to top it! You aren't going to lose and have to pay money if you can help it! Who are you kidding? LOL

Yes Joe is playing on the ignorance most people have about Jews. Rabbis become rabbis by going to and graduating from a yeshiva. They get there by studying the Torah year after year.

That has nothing to do with anything I said. I never talked about their schooling, you did! Hundreds of Thousands here study the Torah and they attend Yeshiva's. So the possibility of there being thousands of REAL Rabbi's here exist. That means many can do questionable behavior, unless you are saying that Jews are special and that a certain % don't engage in dishonest behavior? What makes them that special? It would be rational to assume a certain % are capable of such things. Just like a certain % of other ethnicity!

Joe is simply parroting anti-Jewish propaganda he hears while living in the gutter of the streets of nyc.

I live in the same streets the Jews live that you are defending (rolls eyes). My area is mostly Jewish and Russian( most of the Russians here are Jewish btw, though non religious). Again you speak BS.

You also gave yourself away! By claiming I am parroting anti-Jewish Propaganda that is spoken in the common gutter, you are admitting that I am NOT full of shit! You are admitting you have heard the same thing yourself, but are in denial! Apology accepted! :P

And it really pains me to back up Joe on this.

Why if I may ask? Still sore at my correcting you in that other thread? :P

PC should never beat out reality!

I mean he called New York's mayor a communist for crying out loud. That's pretty out of touch with reality.

Out of curiosity, why would you follow the exploits of the Mayor of NYC? I know we are a great city that they named it twice but c'mon man!

Many here (in the city) refer to him as having Communist tendencies (Google is your friend). Nothing wrong with that...my mom was a communist. My mother in law votes communist every year even!

Better question...why are you even going to back him here? He still hasn't explained why/ how I am an anti Semite. But his irrational anti Semite name calling is legendary on this forum. Just ask Cotter! This impostor will probably get banned very soon, like he always does!

I am only entertaining him because the more he opens his mouth, the more you will see he isn't grounded in reality. He will end up contradicting himself before long and get tongue tied twisted in his responses. It already has happened. His lack of reading comprehension is staggering.

Even when he expresses views that go along with your political ideology it is best to ignore him because he will end up saying something crude , rude and totally offensive to a whole group of people! Jews are the only group he defends and attacks others when he perceives they are bad mouthing Jews. He of course has insulted other races on here himself and other ethnic groups.
 Mummymania
Msg: 390
Posted: 6/30/2015 9:00:51 PM
You are wrong about who you think I have previously been. I've been others, but Bob is not one of them. On the other hand. It really doesn't matter in the least to me who thinks whatever they think about, if anything at all. Truth and facts here never seem to matter anyway.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 391
Posted: 6/30/2015 9:02:28 PM
Dude, I have no idea what you're talking about. I have no idea what you're referring to when you say you corrected me, and I have no idea what you're talking about in reference to the poster you're having the slap fight with.

I am pretty sure your mayor has never said "Property is theft"; called on the people of your city to kill landlords nor advocated for the nationalization of every business in New York. Just cause someone isn't completely batshit crazy right wing, doesn't make them a communist. Not even a liberal for that matter.
 trinity818
Msg: 392
Posted: 7/1/2015 4:38:19 AM

" I don't believe an orthodox rabbi has any obligation to marry a jew and a non-Jew"

They don't.. . . . . . . Wait. . . . . they didn't?

Do pharmacists who object to the morning after pill for religious reasons have to dispense them?

This is a question.

This is a question that has already been answered quite clearly. YES. Pharmacists have to dispense them. Perhaps they don't want to dispense birth control pills either. They cannot object for religious reasons. If it's a problem for them, they should not be pharmacists. There are plenty of others who can do their jobs without allowing their religious beliefs to get in the way.

Clergyman practicing their faith within a recognized religious establishment do not have to marry anyone.

What is confusing about this? It seems pretty clear to me. (Unless you are attempting to obfuscate the issue.)
 BialaPolska
Msg: 393
Posted: 7/1/2015 5:00:25 AM
Would such silly banter be of any use in a White , Christian Ethnostate? Let the non Whites , jews and gays all hang together and finger it out.
 deetristate
Msg: 394
Posted: 7/1/2015 5:14:41 AM
""""" Federal District Court Judge has ruled that a pharmacist cannot be required to stock and dispense the so-called Plan B birth control pill if he has a moral objection to abortifacients:
A federal judge ruled Wednesday that pharmacists cannot be forced by state rules to sell “morning-after” contraceptives, also known as Plan B.""""

I would like to read the decision reversing it if anyone has a reference.

Bial-
Re the othet conversation, they limited my response but it so clear to me now that you all truly fear the new majority "minorities" but take out your frustrations on blacks
Like the bully who beats up kids because he is afraid of his dad. I get it now. Our discussions have been enlightening.
 deetristate
Msg: 395
Posted: 7/1/2015 5:21:28 AM
Thanks to anyone who can actually answer the question or provide a link to a subsequent decision.
 Mummymania
Msg: 396
Posted: 7/1/2015 5:21:38 AM
" Just cause someone isn't completely batshit crazy right wing, doesn't make them a communist. Not even a liberal for that matter."

He is just making another standard antisemitic slur. He has covered all of the basics, including calling jews left wing communist supporters. He is as dumb as a pile of rocks. First he claimed that people somehow become rabbis like buying an online degree, so they can avoid property taxes on their homes and now has to acknowledge becoming a rabbi is an arduous task taking years of study. And nowhere have I ever heard a rabbi or any religious person's home becomes exempt from property taxes unless the rabbi lives in a legitimate synagogue or the priest in a church. None of them do. Adventure Joe is simply completely full of shit.
 BialaPolska
Msg: 397
Posted: 7/1/2015 5:25:51 AM
Dee , how frequently must I remind you ? We seek no ill will against blacks. Just isolation. again , live and let live. The country is self balkanizing. Stop and look. Again , the cafeteria principle. I love living with my kindered ; you should as well.
 deetristate
Msg: 398
Posted: 7/1/2015 6:31:35 AM
Your previous posts and choices in what to call certain groups belie your " no harm" statements but I will let them resound on their own as posted.
Nevertheless, middle and upper class black neighborhoods function quite well, as do the schools. My own scores in the 90%tile on national exams.
75% of blacks are not on any public assistance (bad schools lead to a cycle of public assistance). You will have to leave a lot of your own people behind if " not on public assistance and welfare and food stamps" are an admissions test.

So do you live in your new homeland? I used to live there in graduate school. Lots of Scandinavians who were quite friendly
 BialaPolska
Msg: 399
Posted: 7/1/2015 6:47:13 AM
I'm honestly glad to see things are going so well in black neighborhoods. Proves my point that self segregation works. For myself , I'm going to stay on the North American Continent. Probably North Arkansas or North Florida. The Ozarks provide a beautiful venue. White , Christian and affordable. North Fl , although flatter provides closer ocean proximity and better weather. The Far Right is doing well in East Europe. A Slavic Homeland will develop from West Ukraine through Belo Russ and the Baltics. I strongly encourage young and successful Slavs to repatriate. This Will be Our Homeland. So , Dee , you see , I support an Ethnostate where we repatriate. I became moderately successful here in US. I'm too old to start back in my parents land. I'll make the best here , as will many. We still require Freedom of Association.
 Orione7
Msg: 400
Posted: 7/1/2015 7:09:12 AM
Lmao Slavs?
The N words of Europe along with greeks.... only place they are going is under the Russian thumb hopefully
Or hopefully they will all kill each other in another war... all they are good for.. them and their zz top priests.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Which state will be the last to legalize gay marriage?