Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Which state will be the last to legalize gay marriage?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 daynadaze
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Which state will be the last to legalize gay marriage?Page 4 of 19    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19)
Because there is no scientific medical reason for homosexuality to be called a mental illness, there are lots of things that were once considered a mental illness that are now known not to be. It use to also be in the medical books that women had wandering uterus and women were prone to hysteria, and that black people had lower mental abilities... good gawd who thinks that we don't move forward and learn, that what was once thought to be true hasn't been found to be wrong, or should we go back to bleeding people because you know, it used to be in the books. What a load of bull. It's called bigotry because that is what it is. This is not just a difference of opinion, this is about something that was wrong, was always wrong, was used to harm people, is and always was bigotry to keep some people down so others could feel superior when they were not, and they are not now. It's bad enough that it happened, but to keep this hate and BS up, that's immoral and repulsive.
 cotter
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Which state will be the last to legalize gay marriage?
Posted: 4/28/2015 8:34:19 AM

They want to change the whole definition and institution of marriage which has existed since the dawn of civilisation and predates any constitution or laws about it.
Since the "dawn of civilization"? Can you show proof of that?

A man and a woman hunting and gathering together to provide for their offspring was not necessarily a "marriage". Who performed the ceremony for them? Who did they go to for that? I dare say that at the "dawn of civilization" you'd be just as likely to find two or more men hunting and gathering for days ... by themselves.

Oh dear ... I'm almost afraid to ask this but here goes ... I wonder if Lewis and Clark ever shared the same tent while they were out "exploring"?

What can't they read? Marriage is the sexual union of a Man and a Woman.
I know all kinds of people who are married (man and woman) who have no "sexual union" going on. They are partners in life. They are there for each other. They help each other on a daily basis. They have joined forces with each other because they have deep feelings for each other ... are protective of each other. They have similar interests and accompany each other on their various adventures in life. They travel together, they eat together and yes share a bed. Physically, there is no sex.

Why don't the gays do something really smart and make up another term for their union. They can still have all the bells and whistles on their union day which straight people do, which is after all what they are jealous of.
I don't know a single gay couple who has ever made a statement that they are jealous of straight couple wedding celebrations. Where do you come up with such shyt?

For Men they could call their wedding day analiage, for the women they could call their wedding day lickeriage.
That statement just shows how demented and warped some people are ... can't even consider that two people of the same sex could ever care about each other so much that they want to dedicate their lives to each other. It is the level of demeaning we have come to expect from your ilk. Gee ... no surprise there.

Why cant people open their minds to the idea that there are simply all different kinds of love and degrees of love in the world? It's not a "black and white" thing.

It's so odd that people can fathom that (for example) a couple of boys can grow up together, play sports together, attend college together, even live on the same street together as their families grow ... and throughout it all can be loving caring friends for life. These men are dedicated to each other ... help each other with various different building projects, help the spouse of the other when one is laid up with an injury, loan each other money when necessary, take family vacations together, celebrate all kinds of family occasions together. And that's perfectly acceptable, but these same people can't possibly fathom that two people of the same sex could devote themselves to each other in the same way without the family situations.

My nephew and his school mate from back in the 70's went through school together, both played the same sports, were in boy scouts together ... their fathers were their boy scout leaders. They went to the same college together but were not roommates, they were each others' best men at their marriages, they have lovely families and they even live in the same neighborhood. One helps the other as needed, their wives help each other with the children coordinating child care with each other ... helping the other out when one is in childbirth. Their children will be lifelong friends as well. That is a good example of love.

We have men and women who are lifelong friends ... who never have sex, but they see each other through all facets of life's experiences. They are often more dedicated to each other than a true married couple. What would be your label for that?

I have a male friend that I met in high school ... and we are there for each other through thick and thin. My husband was aware of him and never questioned our friendship. Likewise, his lady friends are aware of me and we are friends too. We are just extremely comfortable with each other and have known each other for 50 years.

If I meet a man who cannot accept our relationship, then too bad. I'm not giving up my friendship with my friend of 50 years for anyone. And he feels the same way. I asked him once how he explains me to his lady friends and he told me he just tells them we've known each other since high school and we're really good friends. He told me if they can't handle that, it's their problem, not his. If they don't like it, they're free to find someone else. And I feel the same way.

Gay marriage is not a threat to heterosexual marriages. The only threat to heterosexual marriage is the two people involved in the marriage. If they truly love each other and are dedicated to each other, nothing will break that up.
 Nottinghamfellow
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 4/28/2015 3:10:00 PM
At last Rob of Australia you have hit the nail on the head, pity its not your co ck head mind, sticking a c ock up someones ar se IS normal.

That's why so many men want to and do it women Rob! I can read your fantasies all the way across the other side of the world. IT IS NORMAL, and as long as both parties want it they do it. Simples..

Also whilst you were awake, I was asleep and I was visited by the Arch Angels. They sang in a heavenly chorus, they sang to me Rob. It took some time for me to understand the words, as strangely they sang in an Australian accent, a bit like Dame Edna, but in harmony.

They sang Rob. I awoke in horror, when I realised, they sang:

God hates everyone,
Everyone called Rob,
God hates everyone,
Who thinks just like a knob.

I had to tell you Rob, change your ways or you will go straight to Hell! True, it's not that much hotter than Australia, but there is no sun screen there Rob.

P.S. Can I be an adulterer if I am not married?
P.P.S. Can you close your mind to other things too Rob, like blood transfusion, or life support? How dare those who use such things go against Gods wishes for the users to die?
P.P.P.S. Will anything change if a bunch of bum bandits get married, will the sun go out? Will Neighbours finally end? Will vegemite taste like excrement? OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Those damned gays!

My guess is the state of Independance
 daynadaze
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 4/28/2015 3:54:46 PM

How can this not be considered as a judgmental and bigoted statement within itself?

A load of bull is a load of bull no matter how you try to mask it and call it something else.
 2015cashmere
Msg: 80
Posted: 4/28/2015 4:58:54 PM
I just don't know how or why allowing gay marriage could hurt any of us. Just how exactly? Two men marrying or two women marrying just has no effect on me or those I know and love. It just seems like a no- brainer...two people who love each other get married....so??
 cotter
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 4/28/2015 5:23:12 PM

I always get a kick out of one poster on here. She has done everything under the sun and knows multitudes of people that she personally knows that supposedly supports her theories. I can play that same game except it is something I know from personal experience.
LMFAO ... Her "personal experiences" are not real ... but yours are?

Well, I have no idea who you're talking about, but I do have a lot of life experience too ...
Traveled in 49 of the 50 US states and all through the provinces of Canada ... lived all over the US and in Europe ... speak two languages fluently ... licensed to practice my skills in at least four states and can get a license (if I so desire) in all 50 states.

I play multiple musical instruments ... performed in a 1000-year old church/castle in Germany in the town I lived in. I sing in multiple choruses ... performed with the Columbus Symphony Chorus in my late teens to early 20's and currently I'm a featured singer with one of the local German club's chorus. Every three years we do a European tour performing in prominent concert halls and cathedrals.

I made the plans for and physically helped build (all aspects of the building process from the foundation to the roof tiles) the home we lived in ... in Germany as well as here in the US ... all while helping my husband run two businesses out of our home.

I gave birth to four children (one at home). My children live in both Europe and the US and their backgrounds range from the US military to real estate broker to banker to medical student.

Your boar may have been "smart" enough not to screw his fellow boars, but I know of a boar (wild pig) in Hawaii that insisted on screwing my neighbor's old and feeble male lab. So I guess not all "boar" pigs are as smart as yours was.

Straight people do not own the patent on love and devotion and caring ... get over it and let people be. There's not a gay man or woman in the world who will ever deprive you of a life-partner/mate if that's something you desire. Why would you want to deprive them of a life-partner/mate?
 robaustralia
Msg: 82
Posted: 4/29/2015 3:37:36 AM

Maybe marriage for gays is the best thing that could happen. Maybe then gay people would no longer marry someone of the opposite sex. All this hype about a gay gene would bring about an extinction of their sorts as they willingly self destruct their kind. Maybe they could fight that it isn't constitutional that homosexuality doesn't procreate therefore tax dollars need to be spent to try change the natural course of things so they can have babies too

Actually I have changed my mind and I am all for gay marriage with one stipulation. As soon as gay men get married they should be chemically castrated. Which means they can't sneak out the back door and have sex with a Woman and spread their mental disorder throughout the community.

The same with lesos, as soon as they marry they should be neutered like female cats so they also can't breed and spread their mental disorder throughout society.

But NO, They demand adoption rights like normal people.

I always get a kick out of one poster on here. She has done everything under the sun and knows multitudes of people that she personally knows that supposedly supports her theories. I can play that same game except it is something I know from personal experience. We farrowed hogs when I was a kid. Not once did I see a boar mount another boar. Maybe it does happen, but I never saw it. I guess if it does happen then it would be an extremely unique and bizarre occasion. Funny, even the swine know better

I'm hearing ya!

At last Rob of Australia you have hit the nail on the head, pity its not your co ck head mind, sticking a c ock up someones ar se IS normal.

That's why so many men want to and do it women Rob! I can read your fantasies all the way across the other side of the world. IT IS NORMAL, and as long as both parties want it they do it. Simples..

Do you also enjoy fvcking your dog up the arse, what about your cat?

Also whilst you were awake, I was asleep and I was visited by the Arch Angels. They sang in a heavenly chorus, they sang to me Rob. It took some time for me to understand the words, as strangely they sang in an Australian accent, a bit like Dame Edna, but in harmony

Thanks for proving the point that Faggotism is a mental disorder as you believe you were visited by Angels!

Well, I have no idea who you're talking about, but I do have a lot of life experience too ...
Traveled in 49 of the 50 US states and all through the provinces of Canada ... lived all over the US and in Europe ... speak two languages fluently ... licensed to practice my skills in at least four states and can get a license (if I so desire) in all 50 states

Would you like a Medal?

I play multiple musical instruments ... performed in a 1000-year old church/castle in Germany in the town I lived in. I sing in multiple choruses ... performed with the Columbus Symphony Chorus in my late teens to early 20's and currently I'm a featured singer with one of the local German club's chorus. Every three years we do a European tour performing in prominent concert halls and cathedrals

Would you like another Medal?

I made the plans for and physically helped build (all aspects of the building process from the foundation to the roof tiles) the home we lived in ... in Germany as well as here in the US ... all while helping my husband run two businesses out of our home

Would you like the Congressional Medal of Honour?

I gave birth to four children (one at home). My children live in both Europe and the US and their backgrounds range from the US military to real estate broker to banker to medical student

What about a Purple Heart?

Your boar may have been "smart" enough not to screw his fellow boars, but I know of a boar (wild pig) in Hawaii that insisted on screwing my neighbor's old and feeble male lab. So I guess not all "boar" pigs are as smart as yours

Gee David Attenborough missed that and he got a Knighthood!
 etourdi65
Msg: 83
Posted: 4/29/2015 3:59:42 AM

Let's see what the American Psychological Association has to say aboiut homosexuality as a mental illness/disorder
You brought the APA into the discussion, when you were questioned and asked to provide a breakthrough study or something to justify their taking homosexuality of the Mental disorder category,
part of your response was
No. There was no reason to bring up 55 year old news (which, by definition-is no longer news)
I was questioning how they came to their conclusion about homosexuality not being a mental disorder, I found no new studies or breakthroughs, I did find reports of increased pressure in the early 70"s by more vocal and organized gay groups lobbying and protesting to get homosexuality off of the list of mental disorders..
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 84
Posted: 4/29/2015 4:28:57 AM

I was questioning how they came to their conclusion about homosexuality not being a mental disorder,

Even though you've never answered a direct question in a thread, I will attempt to answer your's:

My answer is the APA position on homosexuality that was presented already in post #60:

The American Psychological Association released a Statement on Homosexuality in 1994-JUL. Their first two paragraphs are:

"The research on homosexuality is very clear. Homosexuality is neither mental illness nor moral depravity. It is simply the way a minority of our population expresses human love and sexuality. Study after study documents the mental health of gay men and lesbians. Studies of judgment, stability, reliability, and social and vocational adaptiveness all show that gay men and lesbians function every bit as well as heterosexuals."

"Nor is homosexuality a matter of individual choice. Research suggests that the homosexual orientation is in place very early in the life cycle, possibly even before birth. It is found in about ten percent of the population, a figure which is surprisingly constant across cultures, irrespective of the different moral values and standards of a particular culture. Contrary to what some imply, the incidence of homosexuality in a population does not appear to change with new moral codes or social mores. Research findings suggest that efforts to repair homosexuals are nothing more than social prejudice garbed in psychological accouterments."

Please note, that the terms "study after study" directly answers your question "I found no new studies"....apparently the APA is privileged to "studies" that you can neither find nor look for.
 etourdi65
Msg: 85
Posted: 4/29/2015 5:08:00 AM
please note the ambiguity "study after study" ..do you not think it odd that they didn't cite any specific studies to back up their conclusion?

Dr. Ronald Bayer, a pro-homosexual psychiatrist has described what actually occured in his book, Homosexuality and American Psychiatry: The Politics of Diagnoses. (1981)

In Chapter 4, "Diagnostic Politics: Homosexuality and the American Psychiatric Association," Dr. Bayer says that the first attack by homosexual activists against the APA began in 1970 when this organization held its convention in San Francisco. Homosexual activists decided to disrupt the conference by interrupting speakers and shouting down and ridiculing psychiatrists who viewed homosexuality as a mental disorder. In 1971, homosexual activist Frank Kameny worked with the Gay Liberation Front collective to demonstrate against the APA's convention. At the 1971 conference, Kamney grabbed the microphone and yelled, "Psychiatry is the enemy incarnate. Psychiatry has waged a relentless war of extermination against us. You may take this as a decleration of war against you."

Homosexuals forged APA credentials and gained access to exhibit areas in the conference. They threatened anyone who claimed that homosexuals needed to be cured.

Kameny was then permitted to be part of a panel of psychiatrists who were to discuss homosexuality. The effort to remove homosexuality as a mental disorder from the DSM was the result of power politics, threats, and intimidation, not scientific discoveries.

Prior to the APA's 1973 convention, several psychiatrists attempted to organize opposition to the efforts of homosexuals to remove homosexual behavior from the DSM. Organizing this effort were Drs. Irving Bieber and Charles Socarides who formed the Ad Hoc Committee Against the Deletion of Homosexuality from the Dsm-II.

The DSM-II listed homosexuality as an abnormal behavior under section "302. Sexual Deviations." It was the first deviation listed.

After much political pressure, a committee of the APA met behind closed doors in 1973 and voted to remove homosexuality as a mental disorder from the DSM-II. Opponents were given 15 minutes to protest this change, according to Dr. Jeffery Satinover, in Homosexuality and the Politics of Truth. Satinover writes that after this vote was taken, the decision was to be voted on by the entire APA membership. The National Gay Task Force purchased the APA's mailing list and sent out a letter to the APA members urging them to vote to remove homosexuality as a disorder. No APA member was informed that the mailing had been funded by this homosexual activist group.

According to Satinover, "How much the 1973 APA decision was motivated by politics is only becoming clear even now. While attending a conference in England in 1994, I met a man who told me an account that he had told no one else. He had been in the gay life for for years but had left the lifestyle. He recounted how that after the 1973 APA decisiion, he and his lover, along with a certain very highly placed officer of the APA Board of Trustees and his lover, all sat around the officer's apartment celebrating their victory. For among the gay activists placed high in the APA who maneuvered to ensure a victory was this man--suborning from the top what was presented to both the membership and the public as a disinterested search for truth."

Transgenders used to be classified as having a mental disorder until recently-

Homosexuality was diagnosed in the DSM as an illness until 1973, and conditions pertaining to homosexuality were not entirely removed until 1987. According to Dana Beyer, who helped the Washington Psychiatric Society make recommendations on matters of gender and sexuality, the new term implies a temporary mental state rather than an all-encompassing disorder, a change that helps remove the stigma transgender people face by being labeled “disordered.”
Is Dana Beyer a psychiatrist, nope, she is a transgender rights rights activist

Judging by its history the APA seems to be more concerned with public sentiment than it is with actual science.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 86
Posted: 4/29/2015 5:48:39 AM

please note the ambiguity "study after study" ..do you not think it odd that they didn't cite any specific studies to back up their conclusion?

No, I think it's odd that you haven't researched the 1975 APA decision to actually see if the APA listed any references in it.

Judging by its history the APA seems to be more concerned with public sentiment than it is with actual science.

Of course you would, particularly since you don't know the science behind the APA decision.
 cotter
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 4/29/2015 8:44:34 AM
Message 88 ...
... with one stipulation. As soon as gay men get married they should be chemically castrated.
Why would that be necessary?

Which means they can't sneak out the back door and have sex with a Woman ...
That just shows how little you know ... a truly gay man has no interest in having sex with a woman. A truly gay man has no interest in a straight man. They have no interest in trying to convert straight men, they do not want sex with a straight man ... and absolutely do not want sex with a woman.

The same with lesos, as soon as they marry they should be neutered like female cats so they also can't breed ...
Gay women have no real interest in having sex with men. They are not out there running from man to man having "breeding" sex. They have no interest in straight women either.

But NO, They demand adoption rights ...
Actually, I think it's great that the gays do adopt. They are out there adopting a lot of children that no one else appears to want.

Most of the children they are adopting might go their whole lives without parents if the gay population did not adopt.

Have you given any homeless children a place to live lately? No? Well do us all a favor ... and don't. No child deserves to be stuck with someone like you the rest of their life.

... demand adoption rights like normal people.
Gays ARE normal. Just because their "life-partner" preferences don't fit your ideas of what others should want in life, does not make them "abnormal".

Do you also enjoy fvcking your dog up the arse, what about your cat?
See ... making such a statement indicates that if anything ... you appear to be the "abnormal" one.

Would you like a Medal?
Would you like another Medal?
Would you like the Congressional Medal of Honour?
I don't need any medals in order to remind myself what I've accomplished in my life ... but I can understand some do.

I gave birth to four children (one at home). My children live in both Europe and the US and their backgrounds range from the US military to real estate broker to banker to medical student.

What about a Purple Heart?
Now that I'll take!

The first birth was over 36 hours of hard labor with an 8.5 lb baby, the 2nd was over 24 hours with an almost 10 lb. baby, the 3rd was 17 hours ... she only weighed 5 .5 lbs., and the 4th was still 8 hours and he weighed almost 11 lbs. No anesthesia for any of them ... all natural childbirth. Yes ... I'll take that Purple Heart. That should be a given. Please hand me one ... no ceremony needed.

LMAO ... some people just can't stand it when another person can manage to have a good life in spite of all the obstacles thrown at them and I've had my fair share. That poster's ambitious hate for me is so apparent ... it's funny.

Just as that poster hates me so ambitiously ... so he hates gays.

He appears to be very unhappy in life and can't stand the idea that with all the obstacles thrown at the gays, they still manage to be happy and lead well-adjusted lives ... even have children ... whether adopted or conceived. And now all they want is the right to marry the one they love and that hateful bigoted poster wants to liken it with "animal rape".

What an idiot.
 2015cashmere
Msg: 88
Posted: 4/29/2015 8:56:17 AM
Interesting the misinformation and hatred here by a few.

How have openly gay men and women (even bi and transgender) effected my life? - No effect what so ever.

How has gay marriage, which is legal in all of Canada, effected my life? - No effect what so ever.

The question I had before and will state again - how will gay marriage effect your life? I'm pretty certain it will have no effect at all.
 chameleonf
Msg: 89
Posted: 4/29/2015 9:38:29 AM

Actually I have changed my mind and I am all for gay marriage with one stipulation. As soon as gay men get married they should be chemically castrated. Which means they can't sneak out the back door and have sex with a Woman and spread their mental disorder throughout the community.

Now, now; where would the human race be with an attitude like that, being that it is heterosexuals who are predominantly the ones producing gay offspring? Off with everyone's head, starting with the above poster!!
 etourdi65
Msg: 90
Posted: 4/29/2015 10:11:36 AM

“The label of bigot or hater has become very powerful and effective tools to silence those of us who choose not to endorse the marriage platform of many gay lobbyists,”
Katy Faust, raised by Lesbian parents, testified before the Supreme court.

“When we institutionalize same-sex marriage … we move from permitting citizens the freedom to live as they choose, to promoting same-sex headed households,” Faust wrote. “Now we are normalizing a family structure where a child will always be deprived daily of one gender influence and the relationship with at least one natural parent. Our cultural narrative becomes one that, in essence, tells children that they have no right to the natural family structure or their biological parents, but that children simply exist for the satisfaction of adult desires.”

“It is quite difficult to discuss the implications of growing up in a gay household until later in adulthood when we have developed a measure of personal identity and independence apart from our GLBT parent, partners and the subcultures,” Stefanowicz wrote. “We are often forced to approve and tolerate all forms of expressed sexuality, including various sexual and gender identity preferences.”

Too often we only hear the voices of those who are advocating for whatever cause and we ignore the impact the things be advocating for may have on children or those who have no voice of their own..
 chameleonf
Msg: 91
Posted: 4/29/2015 10:34:42 AM

Too often we only hear the voices of those who are advocating for whatever cause and we ignore the impact the things be advocating for may have on children or those who have no voice of their own..

Re the above statement, heterosexuals should not be allowed to marry either then, given the extremely high incidence of broken families where children are fought over and used in manipulation tactics, never mind the high number of children with only one parent who raises them because the other parent chooses to be absent or is absent through death or any other scenario. Because there are same sex couples, does not mean unequivocally that children are being deprived daily of one gender influence any more than any other heterosexual couple who procreate. Having said that, marriage does not automatically require offspring and this thread is about gay marriage, not whether or not gay individuals should be allowed to have children.
 cotter
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 4/29/2015 11:57:17 AM
Message 96 ... You forgot to list Heather Barwick with your post ... she's also involved. Not sure why you want to make it look like Katy Faust alone but it's just another one of your misrepresented quotes.

Faust and Barwick argue that ...
Children Have a Right to Know and Be Raised by Both Their Biological Mother and Father --- "We oppose gay marriage on the grounds that it violates children’s rights and cannot provide children with the most foundational building blocks for child development - a mother and father living with and loving them."

If that was such a big deal, the government would be setting itself up to be liable for a good number of children when they send parents off to war to get killed.

In that case, the government should not have any married or potentially straight people in the military because no one can guarantee that it won't leave children behind who according to Faust and Barwick have rights to being raised by a mother and father living with and loving them.

If that were necessary for a child, then divorce would have to be be illegal as well ... as it keeps children from being raised by a mother and father living with and loving them.

What about when the mother dies in childbirth ... should the children of that union be taken away from the remaining father because he can no longer provide an environment with a mother and father living with and loving them?

That argument will not float in any court much less the SCOTUS.

Children Do Best When Raised By Their Biological Mother and Father, Each of Whom Brings Unique and Irreplaceable Gifts to Children and Families --- Fathers and mothers are staples in the diet of emotional food that children require. Without one or the other, they are emotionally malnourished.
Then how can the government justify sending parents off to war ... to die? Again, that argument will not float in any court much less the SCOTUS.

Those are just two of the statements Faust and Barwick make in their presentation. I'm not the least bit interested in reading up on more.

Their arguments will not make any difference in the SCOTUS ... because if they did, the whole structure of our military (just a start) would have to be changed. They're not going to do that. Even you know that. (Of course I may be over-estimating you with that statement.)
 robaustralia
Msg: 93
Posted: 4/29/2015 2:17:53 PM

Those are just two of the statements Faust and Barwick make in their presentation. I'm not the least bit interested in reading up on more

Which translates to "I'm not interested in reading about the negative experiences of children raised by same sex couples because it might conflict with what the media has brainwashed me into believing"

Or even more to the point "I don't care that many same sex couples view the children they raise as a political football and just a piece of property like owning a car"
 2015cashmere
Msg: 94
Posted: 4/29/2015 2:26:52 PM
No mention of how many millions of kids are having difficulties or are fvcked up because of their straight parents? Or their straight divorced parents? You can throw out all the numbers and stats as well as "stats" or made up shyt all you want....there are way, way more kids ruined, damaged or in pain because of straight folks. Let's hang all the straight folks. I'm thinking some of these damaged children are now adults and posting on here.
 scareymush
Msg: 95
Posted: 4/29/2015 3:05:08 PM
Msg. 68

Please please please watch this all the way through. I have to warn the redneck that it is a man in a dress, but at least he is Irish, and I know the Irish are loved in USA, so way to go...

I know it will not change anyones mind, but the Republic of Ireland are having a referendum this year on the topic of gay marriage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIhsv18lrqY

In reference to that referendum happening in Ireland in May this year, I thought I'd offer this titbit from today's Irish Times

The body representing rank and file gardaí has defended urging its members to vote in favour of same-sex marriage in the upcoming referendum,saying the stance does not contravene the requirement on it and its members to remain apolitical.
The Garda Representative Association used an editorial in its Garda Review magazine to urge members to vote Yes. It was the first time the organisation, which represents more than 10,000 gardaí, has recommended how its members should vote in any referendum or vote.
General secretary PJ Stone said the association stood over its remarks and saw no issue with expressing a preference for one side of the debate.

“The GRA don’t see this as a political issue,” he said at the closing session of the association’s annual conference in Tullow, Co Carlow.
“We see it as a moral issue and we believe all of our members should have equality under the law as every other citizen should have equality under the law.”
Mr Stone pointed out that Minister for Public Expenditure and Reform Brendan Howlin had supported the association’s stance, saying all bodies representing workers should strive for equality.
Under the oath they take on becoming Garda members, all gardaí commit to remaining apolitical, including refraining from joining a political party or working in support of any party.
The Garda Review editorial pointed out the association had long campaigned for equality on issues of disability, race, gender and sexual orientation within the force.
“The marriage equality referendum is the first time that many of our members will have the opportunity to directly support such equality in the legislative process. Your vote is your voice; together we can make a positive difference.”

Should you read the above, you'll note that it offers up a sobering thought (I hope).

For those who don't know : "The Garda Síochána is the Irish national police force. It has responsibility for carrying out all policing duties in the Irish State. In addition, it provides State security services and carries out all criminal and traffic law enforcement. The name Garda Síochána in English means 'guardians of the peace'."
 daynadaze
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 4/29/2015 8:45:11 PM
Serving a black person in a cafe intermixed with white people was against the beliefs and desires of many owners at one time. Black people couldn't swim in a pool with white people, there is even a picture of a white man pouring acid into a pool where black people had dared to get in as though they were equal to white people, when they knew full well it was against the beliefs and desires of white people, pool owner, and the man pouring acid on them. People had to be strong armed, people had to die, laws had to be made, just so bigots & racists who use religion & hate to get black skinned people to be treated like equals. Why? Because some people love to use religion and hate and their superior rights as given to them by themselves, and treat other human beings like worthless trash, call them subhuman, call them deviant, do horrid things to them and look smug and write things that make no sense and act as though they said something profound, instead of just bigoted. If some cannot see that being gay has zero to do with being part of a family, then that's their problem, it's not any reason what so ever that gay people should be held down, as though not equal human beings, by the same mindset that enslaves other humans seeing them as inferior. This BS is wrong, has always been wrong, will always be wrong, and doesn't have a single leg to stand on outside of BS piled high and wide.
 chameleonf
Msg: 97
Posted: 4/30/2015 8:16:51 AM

That baker could not adhere to their convictions concerning partaking of something they find to be repulsive.

The baker was not being asked to "partake" of anything same-sex related, which is something he found to be repulsive and which is his right to be repulsed by. It wasn't a sex shop, it was a bake shop. The bake shop owner wasn't being pressed to convert to any sexual lifestyle that repulsed him. It's none of his business, literally - it has absolutely nothing to do with his business. In fact, his bigoted stance has likely done more to harm his business than if he practiced tolerance.

Now let's turn the tables and say that no bigots can marry, be served, shop or live their lives like anyone else. How do you think you would fare, forumreader? Bigots such as yourself are wanting people to believe as you do - gay people aren't asking ANYone to believe as they do or live their life as they do - they just simply want to live their lives. Being gay isn't an infectious disease that you can catch.
 etourdi65
Msg: 98
Posted: 4/30/2015 8:36:06 AM

Many of us think that your values are hideous. Maybe we should deny you equality.
well then I guess that makes you a bigot too :) Funny to see all of you call people bigots and homophobe and what not, while openly expressing your own hatred and bigotry towards people who don't agree with you..you epitomize bigotry..
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 99
Posted: 4/30/2015 8:53:49 AM

well then I guess that makes you a bigot too

If being intolerant of homophobic bigotry makes one a bigot then at least 60% of American citizens are now bigots.

Funny to see all of you call people bigots and homophobe and what not, while openly expressing your own hatred and bigotry towards people who don't agree with you..you epitomize bigotry.

This is a tired argument. If one is a racist and is called a racist then the person calling the racist a racist must be a racist too. What bullshyte! So it follows that when a bigot is called a bigot then the person calling a bigot out must be a bigot as well. Well, if intolerance of homophobic bigotry makes me bigot who is intolerant of homophobic bigotry, then call me a bigot. I'll wear the badge proudly.
 chameleonf
Msg: 100
Posted: 4/30/2015 9:02:37 AM

well then I guess that makes you a bigot too :) Funny to see all of you call people bigots and homophobe and what not, while openly expressing your own hatred and bigotry towards people who don't agree with you..you epitomize bigotry..

It's one thing to express likes and dislikes...it's another to ACT on them to the detriment of individuals or groups of people. Because I dislike/hate bigots, doesn't mean I would agree that a bake shop should have the right to not sell a cake to a bigot. I'm not unfair in my dislike of bigots - I don't refuse to accept them. If one wanted to be a client of mine, I wouldn't refuse their business because they are a bigot. In the event you are unfamiliar with the real definition of the word, I invite you to review the definition from the Merriam-Webster dictionary:

"bigot
noun big·ot \ˈbi-gət\
: a person who strongly and UNFAIRLY dislikes other people, ideas, etc. : a bigoted person; ESPECIALLY : a person who hates or REFUSES TO ACCEPT the members of a particular group (such as a racial or religious group)"

Which also goes to the heart of this particular thread. Refusing to legalize gay marriage that holds no harm to other individuals in society is bigoted.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Which state will be the last to legalize gay marriage?