Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Election 2014: Karma is a b!tch      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Election 2014: Karma is a b!tchPage 2 of 90    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)

Isn't this really just saying "The Republicans screwed me in their efforts to screw Obama so everyone else should get screwed as well, at least then I might get something out of it."

No, it's saying that I didn't like the ACA when it was proposed, because I thought it was a Republican Pre=-sabotaged mess. If you read what I wrote instead of reading INTO what I wrote, you'd know that. Under Republican leadership, I lost my health care coverage, due to their mechanizations. Under the Democrats, I had a tax penalty levied in addition to still having no health care, and I'd like to get SOMETHING going the other way.

in Y2K, GwB pledged hard during his campaign to enact tort reform
(ie; product liability, etc) so that small and medium sized Business would be allowed to reduce litigation costs and thereby be more competative on the national & international stage. However, that all evaporated once he got in; not once did he get forceful about it with the Dems (even when he had both houses). GwB (and rest of his minions in both houses) didn't champion anything that they campaigned about.

Exactly. The Republican Party has repeatedly proven that what they say they want and like, has nothing at all to do with what they will enact into law if we are foolish enough to put them in charge. That's my point.

Personally, I know that if the GOP does what they claim that they will do, that the country will be all but entirely destroyed. Their stated beliefs run counter to the way that capitalism actually functions, so their concepts will ruin it. The thing is, they never actually do what they say they will, so I don't know what will happen.
 theleathernun
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Election 2014: Karma is a b!tch
Posted: 10/18/2014 3:12:33 PM

If you read what I wrote instead of reading INTO what I wrote, you'd know that. Under Republican leadership, I lost my health care coverage, due to their mechanizations. Under the Democrats, I had a tax penalty levied in addition to still having no health care, and I'd like to get SOMETHING going the other way.

In my defense, I don't think I was reading "INTO", I was referring to 'net effect'.

Do you not think that the best answer is to write the elements lost to Republican machinations back into the ACA? That way, you get insurance, the tax penalty goes away and everybody who isn't suffering as much from Republican machinations still get to keep their improved health coverage.

It seems to me that the 'net effect' of eliminating the ACA altogether would still be no affordable coverage for you while all those who have benefited (because of the lesser effect of Republican machinations on them) will lose their improved coverage. The only upside is reduced taxes for you.

Even if you didn't actually mean "screw everyone else, I want something for me" don't you see that as the 'net effect' of repealing the ACA (because the Republicans have no plan to put in place that will give affordable care to you, who doesn't have it, or those who would then lose what they did gain)?
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 28
Posted: 10/18/2014 3:20:13 PM
Well, in the words of our great and accomplished leader "Elections have consequences."
THAT'S the bitsch.
I'm sure this will give him some fine material for his next autobiography.
 theleathernun
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 10/18/2014 4:07:55 PM
Well, in the words of our great and accomplished leader "Elections have consequences."

And he was right, they do.

That probably has something to do with the rational Republicans' efforts to challenge all of its radical teabaggers through the primary process. It hasn't worked quite the way they wanted, there are still more than enough radical teabaggers left to drag the moderates down into their hell.

Every one of those radical teabaggers will be fighting as hard as they can to use the Republican Party as their private sledgehammer and the moderates will be faced with the choice of appealing to the Democrats for bi-partisan support or facing the consequences created by the radical teabaggers. I would like to think that they are smart enough to play to the Democrats for bi-partisan support (the only life preserver available) and shut out the remaining radical teabaggers but, after the last 6 years, I'm not holding my breath for that one actually happening and 'sticking'.
 John255317
Msg: 30
Posted: 10/18/2014 11:23:47 PM
"Elections have consequences."

Exactly true my friend. If Republicans gain the Senate, 6 years of liberal ineptness will finally turn the other way. And more then likely capture the big prize in 2016. Yes, there is change we can believe in. After 6 years, for many, Karma is a ****. Whatever you want to call it, change will be awesome!!
 theleathernun
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 10/19/2014 8:35:36 AM

If Republicans gain the Senate, 6 years of liberal ineptness will finally turn the other way.

Yes, then we will have 2 years of the same conservative ineptness in the Senate that has so graced the House for the last 4 years. Likely more so with Cruz in the picture. At least we will be able to get a recital of the entire line of Dr. Seuss books.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 10/19/2014 9:57:14 AM

In my defense, I don't think I was reading "INTO", I was referring to 'net effect'.

Do you not think that the best answer is to write the elements lost to Republican machinations back into the ACA? That way, you get insurance, the tax penalty goes away and everybody who isn't suffering as much from Republican machinations still get to keep their improved health coverage.

It seems to me that the 'net effect' of eliminating the ACA altogether would still be no affordable coverage for you while all those who have benefited (because of the lesser effect of Republican machinations on them) will lose their improved coverage. The only upside is reduced taxes for you.

Even if you didn't actually mean "screw everyone else, I want something for me" don't you see that as the 'net effect' of repealing the ACA (because the Republicans have no plan to put in place that will give affordable care to you, who doesn't have it, or those who would then lose what they did gain)?

Phrasing can be critical. You apparently inadvertently accused me of actively desiring the negative side effect. I was insufficiently clear (I usually over-do things the other way), and didn't specify that since I know the GOP will NOT try to "fix" the ACA, that the only tiny bright side I might find of they do win back all control, is that my tax penalty might go away. My motto for the rest of my life is, "try to find the bright side, even if you have to carry your own flash light." Doesn't mean I want anyone else to have a bad time.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 33
Posted: 10/19/2014 6:50:48 PM
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...It's "OBAMA's FAULT"

from thinkprogress:

It has been nearly a year since Vivek Murthy was nominated by President Obama to serve as the next Surgeon General, but thanks in large part to the gun lobby and their Republican allies in the Senate, there has yet to be any movement on his confirmation.

That vacancy has become a central focus in the last week as government officials and medical professionals try to calm the public about the spread of Ebola.

On Sunday, Meet the Press host Chuck Todd asked Senator Roy Blunt (R-MO) about the NRA’s role in blocking Murthy’s confirmation, but the Republican senator dismissed the question outright.

Blunt blamed the vacancy on President Obama and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV), who has yet to put Murthy’s nomination to a full vote, and dismissed questions about the National Rifle Association’s efforts to block the nominee.

“The NRA said they were going to score the vote and suddenly everybody froze him,” said Chuck Todd. “That seems a little petty in hindsight, does it not?”

“Well, the president really ought to nominate people that can be confirmed to these jobs, and frankly then we should confirm them, there’s no question about that,” replied Blunt.

Republican's won't approve the nominee for surgeon general, but it's "OBAMA's FAULT"...if the democrat's lose the senate majority...will be hear those kind of lies from them?
 John255317
Msg: 34
Posted: 10/19/2014 7:52:28 PM
Ahem............Did Harry Reid bring this nomination up for a vote? What was the vote?
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 35
Posted: 10/20/2014 11:44:48 AM

Did Harry Reid bring this nomination up for a vote? What was the vote?

OK...you you don't understand how the senate works...so, let me explain this to you.

In February, a senate committee voted to confirm Vivek Murthy as surgeon general. But Murthy, like so many in his field, also sees a connection between gun violence and public health, which meant Republicans and the NRA decided to destroy his nomination. Since the NRA has decided to sabotage Murthy's appointment every senate republican will vote against nomination as will several democrats who fear the wrath of the NRA...
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 36
Posted: 10/20/2014 10:40:03 PM
The Oct 23rd issue of Rolling Stone is a must read (that is, for those of us with open minds) "In defense of Obama"
in it, Paul Krugman (one of Obama's harshest critics) honestly summarizes his presidency in its various components.
 HondoGal
Msg: 37
Posted: 10/21/2014 12:23:20 AM
It sure is!

Obama is definitely losing ground with women; Tina Brown tells it as it is:

Appearing on MSNBC on Monday, former Daily Beast publisher, journalist, and memoirist, Tina Brown, speculated that the president is no longer drawing the support of as many women as he has in the past because he makes them feel “unsafe” and his sense of self-importance is not matched by a record of achievement. Imagine that.

“I think [women are] feeling unsafe,” Brown said on MSNBC’s Morning Joe on Monday. “They feel unsafe economically. They’re feeling unsafe with regard to ISIS. What they feel unsafe about is the government response to different crises.”
Brown said Obama’s smugness and willingness to place blame has also contributed to his declining support.
“I think they’re beginning to feel a bit that Obama’s like that guy in the corner office, you know, who’s too cool for school, calls a meeting, says this has to change, doesn’t put anything in place to make sure it does change, then it goes wrong and he’s blaming everybody,” she said.

Considering how Democratic figures’ efforts to refight the War on Women has spectacularly backfired on them this cycle, it is particularly delicious that an erstwhile ally like Brown is criticizing Democrats and the president for not providing women with substantive assurances about their ability to competently govern.

Add to this that most nurses are women and the fact that Obama is bringing in hundreds of persons daily from West Africa where an Ebola epidemic is raging is even more fodder for women to feel “unsafe” because of him.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 38
Posted: 10/21/2014 3:17:13 AM

Obama is definitely losing ground with women; Tina Brown tells it as it is:

Obama probably won't be re-elected then :/

Obama is bringing in hundreds of persons daily from West Africa

Great Post #! :/

I've hear where he's even flying to Africa to bring West Africans back to America :/

How dare he bring "those" people here! :/

Wadda crock
 trinity818
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 10/21/2014 4:27:28 AM

Obama is bringing in hundreds of persons daily from West Africa

Given the hysteria and paranoia associated with Ebola, I'd like to see a cite for this statement.
 John255317
Msg: 40
Posted: 10/21/2014 7:48:21 AM
"Obama is definitely losing ground with women; Tina Brown tells it as it is:"

Very true. And for the liberals who want to come back with "Obama isn't running for reelection", what they don't ever want to say and admit is what came out of Obamas mouth:
__________________________________________________________________________________
Obama says embattled Dems ‘strong allies’ who ‘supported my agenda’

Published October 21, 2014
·FoxNews.com

In this Sunday, Oct. 19, 2014 photo, President Barack Obama delivers remarks during a campaign rally for Gov. Pat Quinn, D-Ill., at Chicago State University. (AP)

President Obama won’t let embattled Senate Democrats run away from him that easily.

The president, during a radio interview on Monday, claimed Democratic candidates who are avoiding him on the campaign trail nevertheless are “strong allies” who have “supported my agenda in Congress.”

The comments once again provide GOP ad-makers with fodder to tie Democrats to the unpopular president. This comes after Obama declared several weeks ago “every single one” of his policies is on this year’s ballot. And like last time, Republicans quickly parroted the president’s latest remarks.

“All of the Dem candidates running from Obama ‘are all folks who vote with’ & ‘have supported’ his agenda,” Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus tweeted, as his press shop dutifully circulated Obama’s comments.

The president addressed the issue on Al Sharpton’s radio show, as he tried to explain why he was staying away from some races.

“A lot of the states that are contested this time are states that I didn’t win,” Obama said. “And so some of the candidates there — it is difficult for them to have me in the state because the Republicans will use that to try to fan Republican turnout.”

He added: “The bottom line is, though -- these are all folks who vote with me, they have supported my agenda in Congress.”

He listed several agenda items, from minimum wage increases to infrastructure spending, and said Democrats were on the “right side” of those debates, with him.

“This isn’t about my feelings being hurt,” Obama said. “These are folks who are strong allies and supporters of me.”

Several embattled Democrats, though, not only won’t be seen with the president but won’t acknowledge whether they even voted for him.

In Kentucky, Democrat Alison Lundergan Grimes repeatedly refused to say whether she voted for Obama, to the derision of Republicans and some in the media.

Obama’s comments on how closely tied Democratic candidates are to him already have been used against Democratic candidates. In the Kentucky race, GOP Leader Mitch McConnell’s campaign put out an ad earlier this month highlighting Obama’s remarks about his policies being on the ballot.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Ahem, Obama is not running again but those who support him, even though they don't want him around, ARE running.
 Eternityboresme
Msg: 41
Posted: 10/21/2014 8:57:43 AM
Unfortunately, I don't agree with the assessment that Obama is bringing possibly ebola-infected citizens back to the U.S. in droves. My concern about Ebola is the foolish disinformation that is used for scare-mongering to convince people a vile scourge on humanity has encroached us by a black president. No, you can't blame Obama for this, and his African heritage doesn't mean he's in league with witch doctors or operates bushmeat markets in which the rare infected bat is consumed. It doesn't mean that we should denigrate the culture and customs of people who take care of their family and their neighbors. This despicable ebola shit is heavily entrenched in racism and culturism.
Castigate the bigots that are perpetuating lies about this -- not the president,

If you want to poke fingers at an irresponsible crowd which involves liberals, and I'm a liberal declaring this, chastise liberals (and other idiots) for the anti-vaccination movement and their dangerous woo that they can afford and that is the real scourge on humanity. And yes, these bloody bizzaros have tinctures for measles, enemas for varicella, placenta pudding for whatever, and colloidal silver for flu.

Oh, and conservative are pretty much to blame for the cuts in ebola research and a suitable vaccination for it. It seems we can't win, either way.

Cheers.
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 42
Posted: 10/21/2014 10:13:11 AM
This fear mongering and blaming the President for Ebola - what a crock. You have one person that died, 2 confirmed cases recovering - 317,000,000+ people in the US. Yup, I'd be terrified by the odds of catching Ebola.

And if you President is "not friendly" to women - I can't imagine what it would have been like with a republican President - that is scary.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 43
Posted: 10/21/2014 5:24:06 PM

the fact that Obama is bringing in hundreds of persons daily from West Africa where an Ebola epidemic is raging

^BREAKING NEWS! Obama & his henchmen are actively sneaking in Ebola infected W Africans for the purpose of killing white folks :-)

All neocons put on your tin hats and man your battle stations!

“I think [women are] feeling unsafe,” Brown said

I'm sure they'll feel safer in loving arms of : Ted Cruz, Jim Jordan, Rick Perry; & Co
--all these loving guys wanna do is to: 1)Control a woman's reproductive rights; 2)keep the current disparate wage construct between men & women; 3)keep making cuts to programs that help women & children from climbing outta poverty;4) keep trying to repeal the ACA, so as to keep the most vulnerable impoverished (usually women & children)

Whatta fine bunch of (white) men them guys on the GOP are, eh? Really makes us all feel SAFE!

Published October 21, 2014
·FoxNews.com

Ahhhh, ^ that great bastion of truth, honesty & sincerity!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anytime I question my own political position on various things, all I have to do is read the inane statements of the typical neocon; and all of a sudden, I come back to my senses!
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 44
Posted: 10/21/2014 6:08:48 PM
Interesting that the OP doesn't make any comment on WHY the Dems will lose seats, only that they will, as if it's a process of nature, no different than the tides going in and out, and that same process is a "byotch."
 blartfast
Msg: 45
Posted: 10/21/2014 6:22:01 PM

Anytime I question my own political position on various things, all I have to do is read the inane statements of the typical neocon; and all of a sudden, I come back to my senses!

Yeah, that 'demographic angst' of theirs will do that.

And yet, through their ignorance, they are the authors of their own fears. Because they see themselves as the epitome of the 'average American', they assume everyone else will act exactly as they do given the opportunity to do so (on the whole, they completely misunderstand the meaning of 'average' and assume that meaning to be "just like me").

The fear is that once they lose the physical majority, all of these other Americans are going to do what has been done to them. They fear the 'crime' of 'driving while white'. They fear being relegated to the lowest stratum of society simply for being white (the bad news for a great many is, they are already there and it isn't because they are white). They fear the 'No Whites' sign in the store window. They fear being dragged to death behind a pick-up. They fear being beaten simply for being who they are. They fear the thought of being considered less than persons under the law.

And they fear these things because they fear the vengeance of those they have done these things to (because that is exactly what they would do).
 John255317
Msg: 46
Posted: 10/21/2014 6:30:17 PM
Ahem........I know I can't speak for Honogal but wondering if she was talking about restricting travel from West Africa and Obama refuses to. The way some of you posters act(not surprisingly) is that you make it sound soooooo differently.

Yule....Ahem, was wondering when the libs were going to make a comment about a Fox news story. Problem is Yule is you just made a whoops. As in "whoops", the President actually said the words in that article. AND, here is what he said to Al(Mr Racist)Sharpton:

Obama told the Rev. Al Sharpton that even vulnerable Democrats trying to keep their distance from him are all “folks who vote with me. They have supported my agenda in Congress.”
_________________________________________________________________________________

Probably should see if the article is true before posting nonsense.

Whoops, I posted too fast, another "gotcha" poster above this post.
 raxarsr
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 10/21/2014 9:27:47 PM
it never ceases to amaze me when i hear a liberal saying that the republicans refuse to compromise..............do you understand the meaning of this word?

an agreement or a settlement of a dispute that is reached by each side making concessions.

hmmmmmmmm

i seem to recall that at the time of the government shutdown every single thing sent to the senate by the congress was immediately tabled

matter of fact not one single bill or even memo sent by the republican controlled house to the senate has been read on the floor......harry ried has tabled EVERYTHING
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 48
Posted: 10/22/2014 3:55:35 AM

matter of fact not one single bill or even memo sent by the republican controlled house to the senate has been read on the floor......harry ried has tabled EVERYTHING

If that is true, then how did the senate just pass the Medicare Post-Acute Care Transformation Act of 2014 (IMPACT Act) on September 19th, just after it made it through the House on September 16th?

What this poster is relying on, I believe, is a statement made by republican Rep. Lynn Jenkins that says Reid is sitting on 352 bills sent by the house to the senate, and claiming Reid is obstructing them. Of course this is the fiction of the republican world that is so different from reality.

Politifact examined this claim by Rep. Jenkins and found that many of these bills are stuck in committee, being worked on by other senators for their own version of the bill, were bills meant to make a statement-thus never intended to make it to the senate floor, or are bills to repeal ACA.
 professora
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 10/22/2014 5:50:17 AM
mountinmann--->please educate us.

I am all eyes---and not being sarcastic--I want to read ideas and information that disagrees with me.

The majority of posters are liberal from what I read. Obama has been a weak leader and encouraged race division.

Open to arguments:

Also to theleathernun-- GOP or Democrates-- ACA is not getting repealed.
 Booky3
Msg: 50
Posted: 10/22/2014 6:27:23 AM
How unfortunate some people actually think politics is a solution.

Where have you people been the last 30 to 40 years?

You are an enabler of those seeking to subvert & control you if you refuse to take your money out of their banks.

Apathy and indifference also makes you an enabler of those seeking to subvert & control your freedom by default.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Election 2014: Karma is a b!tch