Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Election 2014: Karma is a b!tch      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 51
Election 2014: Karma is a b!tchPage 3 of 90    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
Karma?

"Obama shows up to campaign rally and people walk out"
Read more at http://theblacksphere.net/2014/10/obama-kills-campaign-rally/
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 52
Election 2014: Karma is a b!tch
Posted: 10/22/2014 5:11:04 PM
@John (post 48)

Obama told the Rev. Al Sharpton that even vulnerable Democrats trying to keep their distance from him are all “folks who vote with me. They have supported my agenda in Congress.”

So what if he did? Is it really that astonishing?
In the red states (mostly those below the Mason/dixon line) where there are die hard Repubs (originating from the great disdain the south developed following the passage of the Civil Rights act by the Dems in the 1960's); have a heavy axe to grind towards the Dems even under the best of situations. In these states, every calamity is blamed on the Dems (as echoed by Rush & Fox news).

Naturally, every Dem who happens to coming up for re-election feels unsettled; and are strategically trying to survive by trying to de-couple themselves with all of the (perceived) negatives that are applied to Obama, so that they may at least have a chance of gaining the independent vote (before they too get tainted by the GOP diatribe that is constantly being voiced all around them!). This is what Obama was conveying, and he understands this strategy(politically speaking)!

Is this a new phenomenon? Hell no
Many Repubs did the same thing at the tail end of the Gwb administration (did Fox ever bring that up?)
in the same way that St Peter dissociated himself from Jesus after he was arrested.

The point to this whole Fox news diatribe; is to constantly take cheap shots at Obama(directely & indirectly)
which underpins the great GOP mantra (an excerpt taken from Nazi propaganda), which says:
"repeat a lie often enough, until you get have enough pple believing it"
 John255317
Msg: 53
Posted: 10/22/2014 5:36:16 PM
I appreciate how you "perceive" all this but the fact of the matter is if Obamas ratings are in the toilet and the people trying to get elected are people that vote for his agenda, they ABSOLUTELY do not want him around, even though they are behind him all the way. When a logical person sees this, they are not going to vote for someone whose agendas are the same as the one(obamas) they think so poorly of. Even the "women equality" issue has drastically become closer between the two parties. I understand the OP writing this thread, it speaks of fear that their party is going in the wrong direction for the American people. It's time for a change we all want.

When a truth is repeated often enough, people see it and pay attention. This is what is happening now. That is what happens when Obama spoke about how these politicians support him. I guess misery loves company when Obama tied all these democratic candidates with his agenda.
 theleathernun
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 10/22/2014 6:02:23 PM
I understand the OP

I don't think so. If the content of the post this came from is any measure then clearly you have understood nothing about it.

And this line is the proof of that:

it speaks of fear that their party is going in the wrong direction for the American people.

Had you understood, you would have said:

"It speaks to the fundamental reality that the GOP as a party has reached a critical crossroads. By winning a "non-veto proof" majority, the moderates of the party (the larger portion of the party) are faced with a choice. They can continue to kowtow to the extremists of the party and remain an irrelevant, do-nothing waste of tax payer money or they can come to an understanding with the Democrats that shuts the extremists out, in other words, start compromising, and return to being the party they once were."

Make no mistake about it, with an unbeatable Presidential veto in their pocket, the Democrats are "in the catbird seat". The dilemma belongs entirely to the Republicans, do they continue to mire themselves deeper in the muck of irrelevancy or do they raise themselves back up by dumping the extremists.

See? I told you that you understood nothing of it.
 John255317
Msg: 55
Posted: 10/22/2014 6:21:45 PM
Ahem......Yes, I totally understood your reason for posting this thread. Liberals are not happy with what they have become, how their leader is leaderless. Just like the "women equality" BS they talk about all the time, they are also hypocritical in who they say they are and who they actually are. Just look at the Silicon Valley for a huge example. The liberal billionaires talk about their liberal agenda but actually are only talking out of their mouths only. Down there they discriminate against minorities such as blacks and against women. If the republicans take the senate, liberals better take an inventory of their liberal leaders and find out what they are actually for. Because right now, American liberals are finding out that their liberal leaders aren't who they thought they were. So in that example, liberals definitely should be saying to one another that karma is a ****. I still would rather look at it as a change we have to have to have America LEAD once again.
 theleathernun
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 10/22/2014 6:58:55 PM

Yes, I totally understood your reason for posting this thread. Liberals are not happy with what they have become, how their leader is leaderless.

Once again you prove me right, clearly you didn't understand what was written.

Face it, which ever way the Republican party goes in the next 2 years, you teabaggers will be irrelevant. Either the Republican party will dump you or make themselves into a rump.

It must be awful to know that even if the Republicans win, you teabaggers still lose.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 57
Posted: 10/22/2014 7:18:18 PM

"It speaks to the fundamental reality that the GOP as a party has reached a critical crossroads. By winning a "non-veto proof" majority,

Oh Ms. nun....do you think that senate democrats, should they be in the minority, will act any different then the obstructionist republicans have acted over the past 4 years? My prediction is: if the republicans win a majority in the senate, then Mitch McConnell will have to go full nuclear and destroy all senate rules to avoid filibuster. Until then, the President won't have to veto a thing.

Face it, which ever way the Republican party goes in the next 2 years, you teabaggers will be irrelevant. Either the Republican party will dump you or make themselves into a rump.

Ms. nun, every election the teaparty is in with republicans make the fracture within the republican party ever wider....their primaries are unbelievably contentious So, please....don't ruffle teapartier feathers....with the republican/teaparty affiliation in tact future democrat dominance looks better and better.

I am almost looking forward to a big batch of social and political conservatism being attempted to be forced down the American throat.

I seem to recall that former President Bush had even lower approval ratings then President Obama currently enjoys, and as a result the democrats won a senate super-majority...if the teaparty republicans are so popular, then why aren't we talking about a teaparty republican super-majority? The clear answer is "The county doesn't trust them with one."
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 58
Posted: 10/23/2014 9:56:13 AM
UHOH...one of those senate seats the republicans coveted and counted upon is now in jeopardy:

The three-way race for South Dakota’s open Senate seat got more complicated Wednesday, when the Sioux Falls Argus Leader published a page one story alleging that former Governor Mike Rounds, the Republican candidate and current leader in the polls, had approved $600,000 in state assistance to a company that was about hire a member of his cabinet.

According to reporter David Montgomery, then Secretary of Tourism and State Development Richard Benda requested the assistance for Northern Beef Packers about two weeks before he and Rounds were to leave office. Benda was about to go to work for a company with an investment in the plant – something Montgomery reports that Rounds knew while he remained in office, either at the time he signed off on the assistance, or shortly thereafter.

The article quotes Rounds saying, “My staff told me that when he was leaving state government, he was going to work for an investor in the beef plant.”

Rounds now says that his former Tourism Secretary misled him. Benda, who later faced accusations that, once in the private sector, he had redirected state grant money to pay his own salary, committed suicide in October 2013.

South Dakota, originally seen as a near-certain pickup for Republicans in the race to gain control of the Senate in the 2014 elections, has become far more competitive than many expected, and the new revelations about Rounds could have an impact on a race that will likely be won by a candidate who receives less than 40 percent of the vote.

From Yahoo News
 blartfast
Msg: 59
Posted: 10/23/2014 7:14:15 PM
UHOH...one of those senate seats the republicans coveted and counted upon is now in jeopardy:

Imagine that; a Republican caught up in a corruption scandal. What ARE the odds?

I just finished watching a movie with my Lord and Master, a pretty good movie too, for an old one when they still had cheap special effects. There was a line in it that was just perfect for this. One of the characters, called "Crapgame" talking about corrupting a German soldier, had the line "Maybe he's a Republican, after all, business is business".
 John255317
Msg: 60
Posted: 10/23/2014 10:30:54 PM
Wonder how our fear(less) leader is going to say about the new ebola case in NY. Wonder what our fear(less) leader is going to say about the axe attack in NYC. The dems in trouble for the senate, since they agree on obamas agenda, would be useless to ask them how they feel about all this, they only would look to their leader. These "sheep" need to get their act together.

Does the President even know what happen today? Doesn't sound like it, maybe he was watching the Benghazi "video"

Hondogal, kind of looks like your post was spot on!
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 61
Posted: 10/24/2014 4:53:20 AM
How is that great teaparty economic experiment going in Kansas?

Well, apparently not so good. Even by gutting government, infrastructure, and education spending, lower than expected tax revenues, precipitated by reducing taxes on the wealthy and corporations, have resulted in 3, that's THREE credit downgrades this year.

The Kansas supreme court heard a lawsuit brought by parents this past year and determined that the dramatic reduction in educational spending instituted by Brownback was unconstitutional and ordered funding be restored.

Exerts from October Rollingstone article:

That word, "experiment," has come to haunt Brownback as the data rolls in. The governor promised his "pro-growth tax policy" would act "like a shot of adrenaline in the heart of the Kansas economy," but, instead, state revenues plummeted by nearly $700 million in a single fiscal year, both Moody's and Standard & Poor's downgraded the state's credit rating, and job growth sagged behind all four of Kansas' neighbors. Brownback wound up nixing a planned sales-tax cut to make up for some of the shortfall, but not before he'd enacted what his opponents call the largest cuts in education spending in the history of Kansas.

Another tax cut to make up for shortfalls...in what world does this work?

Brownback's policies have been so unpopular, in fact, that a group of more than 100 moderate Republicans, nearly all of them former or current state officeholders, have publicly backed his Democratic opponent, state Rep. Paul Davis, who, until the race's recent tightening, had been leading consistently in polls. Calling themselves Republicans for Kansas Values, the moderates released a manifesto of sorts, which reads in part, "We are Republicans in the historical and traditional sense of the word. Yet in today's political climate in Kansas, traditional Republican values have been corrupted by extremists, claiming to be agents of change. It is a faction which hides behind the respected Republican brand in an effort to defund and dismantle our state's infrastructure.?.?.?.?The policies [they] espouse are radical departures.?.?.?.?They jeopardize the economy and endanger our children's future with reckless abandon.?.?.?.?We reject their extremist agenda."

Republicans aren't distancing themselves from Brownback...they're going to vote for the democrat candidate...

The tax plan he had worked up eliminated most state income taxes on nearly 200,000 businesses and sharply reduced taxes on the wealthy.

That worked so well that Boeing, for decades the states largest private employer, shuttered it's entire operation and moved all those jobs elsewhere.

Brownback's education cuts have proved particularly toxic to his popularity. An August poll by Survey-USA had voters who listed education as their top priority favoring Brownback's opponent by 43 percentage points. Parent-enraging anecdotes abounded in schools across the state: tales of swelling classroom sizes, teachers forced to fill in for laid-off janitors and nurses, libraries unable to buy new books. One group of parents took the extraordinary step of suing the government, a lawsuit Brownback appealed all the way to the Kansas Supreme Court after a lower court described his actions as "destructive of our children's future." In March, the Supreme Court ruled the cuts unconstitutional. The case has since returned to district court, which will determine what the proper level of funding should be.

Teachers working as janitor's...that job should have been given to Brownback to do.

This is the country the teaparty wants to give us. A country that cannot afford to educate it's children. A country that cannot afford to provide basic services. A country that not only approves of vast income disparity, but supports it by giving the wealthy enormous tax cuts and having corporations pay no taxes, and by paying the lowest wage earners a non-living wage. And after the teaparty does all that, it gives us a country that cannot afford to pay it's bills. It is the teaparty that are liberal extremists that would destroy this country with their economic experiment.
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 62
Posted: 10/24/2014 6:41:32 AM
Wonder how our fear(less) leader is going to say about the new ebola case in NY. Wonder what our fear(less) leader is ""going to say about the axe attack in NYC. ""

Geezus. WTF , just what was the fearless republican president doing prior to 9/11? Seems to me. and I could be wrong, the people blamed the terrorists. Yes, there were people blaming the president at the time but the majority of people with brains blamed the terrorists. We will always have sheep - I'm a sheep, you're a sheep, we're all sheep.

Carry on blaming the leader for Ebola and terrorists. It's entertaining and very telling of the mental capacity of some folks.
 John255317
Msg: 63
Posted: 10/24/2014 7:30:02 AM
"Carry on blaming the leader for Ebola and terrorists. It's entertaining and very telling of the mental capacity of some folks."

That is a good one. People have criticized the President for the lack of air restrictions, no one has said he is personally bringing in ebola to the US like he is doing it on purpose. Ahem, good one. Also, we just had a Dr come back and HAS ebola. He should have been quarantined but there is nothing in place to do so. That is a LACK of leadership. The Dr is over there in a dangerous place doing an awesome job. It isn't about the Dr, it is about a leaderless leader. Quarantines should have been in place but Obama is clueless on this. MAYBE he will start being a leader and quarantine these people that come home. And what about the soldiers over there in ebola stricken areas? I hear they get a whole FOUR hours training on what to do.

I wonder if Obama supporters are ok with ebola Dr's or anyone else in contact with ebola victims are ok with what is going on? Wondering if they can agree that SOMETHING needs to be done and not agree with how it is being done now? It is OK to disagree with someone you support, don't be a sheep.
 John255317
Msg: 64
Posted: 10/24/2014 8:02:02 AM
see your selective memory is good for certain things and not for others. Yes, I did vote for Obama and we all have seen how that turned out. At least I am not a sheep and always following something even when I see that I need to make adjustments. I wonder if you are like some that have posters in your yard and it says to vote all one party. Don't answer, we all know the answer on that.

The libs still trying to twist the Obama and ebola thing. You are very naïve but then again, with karma being such a ****, you will resort to changing the meaning of things to suit your "agenda" because you see the future not going your way. Things are feeling very desperate for democrats right now and you are seeing that even here.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 65
Posted: 10/24/2014 8:32:17 AM

First you vote for the guy

You believe that? I don't-especially the part about voting for him a second time...sounds like bullcraype to me.

You only want to blame Obama

But, of course. What else have repoublicans been doing for the past 6 years? Even Brownback blames President Obama for the failures of his "Kansas experiment."
 John255317
Msg: 66
Posted: 10/24/2014 8:43:55 AM
Blaming Obama in not having air restrictions to begin with?....YES
Blaming Obama in not having a plan with people coming home from ebola stricken areas?....YES

Ahem, voters who voted for Obama and now the approval rating is very negative and not supportive from those same people.....YES

Ahem, some folks probably need to take down all those democrat signs that say vote all democratic.......NO MATTER WHAT
 blartfast
Msg: 67
Posted: 10/24/2014 2:08:44 PM

Carry on blaming the leader for Ebola and terrorists. It's entertaining and very telling of the mental capacity of some folks.

Blaming Obama for Ebola shows how naive and desperate republicans have become.

Perhaps they all got their high school education (few seem to have much more than that) by correspondence through Brownback's "Kansas curriculum". It certainly does seem that way.

Every argument they make reads like a high school freshman's 5 paragraph essay, no depth, few facts and the analytical acumen of a 15 year old.

Maybe that is why all their failures end with the phrase "Obama made me do it".
 gtomustang
Msg: 68
Posted: 10/24/2014 2:30:40 PM
1)that pretty good old movie w/ Don Rickles playing "Crapgame"? Yeah, that was Kelly's Heroes. 70's style soundtrack aside, I'd actually recommend viewing that movie--could even be on Youtube. Telly Savalas, Clint Eastwood, Donald Sutherland, Carrol O'Conner (sic) you could count up the stars in that movie.
my favorite quote was, "we got 'em by the aaaassss..."

2)Obama can't be bringing in Ebola, he's too busy smuggling in child immigrants in order to get votes. Or have we changed the talking points again? Ebola is a great way to sneak in anti-immigration policies, like when Reagan talked about "local government" when he meant, "we won't be sending in the Justice Department to enforce the Civil Rights Acts down here".

But, Obama should take a hint from George Bush on leadership--go sit in a class in Florida reading a book to children while the country is "under attack" for 8 minutes. Just remember to blink when you look like a deer in the headlights.

As for Republicans blaming Obama for everything, they began his administration saying they were gonna block everything they could. Its like Christmas shopping, why wait, why not start off early.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 69
Posted: 10/24/2014 2:41:31 PM
I read an interesting article about why England, France, and others haven't imposed a flight restriction from African countries where the ebola virus is spreading.

Should these countries impose a flight restriction, then no doctor's, nurse's, or support staff from 1st world countries would volunteer and go to assist with ebola health care. So, it seems, the conservative right wants (cough cough) people to volunteer to go and assist Africans with their ebola emergency, but should they volunteer, then just like what American teaparty republicans say of America's poor, "you're on your own", you should have taken better precautions, blah blah blah...Christians...teaparty republicans don't know the meaning of Christianity
 blartfast
Msg: 70
Posted: 10/24/2014 2:53:12 PM

Should these countries impose a flight restriction, then no doctor's, nurse's, or support staff from 1st world countries volunteer and go to assist with ebola health care.

Perhaps that is exactly what they want, these countries are majority 'not white'. They might be thinking that by doing this they can prevent another "Kenyan" from stealing the White House.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 71
Posted: 10/24/2014 4:38:00 PM

Perhaps that is exactly what they want

What do the teaparty republicans want... An ebola czar? They think they should pick the Presidents ebola point man...hahahahaha....
A surgeon general? One was picked by the President a year ago, but senate teaparty republicans threatened to stall a vote in filibuster, because the NRA doesn't like the nominee....hahahahahahaha...for once it's not Obama's Fault-it's Harry Reid's Fault.

What do teaparty republicans want?

these countries are majority 'not white'. They might be thinking that by doing this they can prevent another "Kenyan" from stealing the White House.

But if another Kenyan did make it to the White House...boy, would it give the teaparty republicans more years of an excuse to do nothing.
 00Spy
Msg: 72
Posted: 10/24/2014 6:17:21 PM
Well it is certainly refreshing, after a several month hiatus on these forums, to see that the same old race baiters are still up to the same old childish games.
In every thread, with most every posts that present a differing opinion the race baiters must paint the opposition as racist.
One trick pony’s.
It is going to be interesting to see what developed in NYC with this latest doctors inexcusable reckless behaviour.
I hope it ends with him.
There should be a mandated quarantine for those health individuals working directly in countries with Ebola outbreaks.
Thats not racist just common sense.
 blartfast
Msg: 73
Posted: 10/24/2014 6:24:50 PM

Well it is certainly refreshing, after a several month hiatus on these forums, to see that the same old race baiters are still up to the same old childish games.

And, after a several month hiatus, the same old troll is back again.

n every thread, with most every posts that present a differing opinion the race baiters must paint the opposition as racist.

eyes filled with the same imaginary demons.

One trick pony’s.

No shit, especially coming from the 'king' of the herd.
 John255317
Msg: 74
Posted: 10/24/2014 6:30:40 PM
Common sense 00Spy? How dare you talk about common sense to the posters above you. You are correct, quarantines are necessary and yes, even though this Dr is doing great things, he was very reckless behavior wise. Sounds like more Democrats are finally agreeing with Republicans on travel bans. Whether it is political or not, the most important thing is getting this right!

The President has done NOTHING for way too long on ebola. The timeline speaks for itself. I realize there are a lot of things going on in the world but it is time for big boys to put on big boys pants. I actually do feel for the President, I truly believe he is overwhelmed.

For those playing the "race card AGAIN", this thread is like another on here, Democrats are very worried about losing their grip on ineptness and they are either reporting on "gossip news"(as the poster admits), or this thread that shows worry big time about what will happen possibly and putting Hillary as their nominee. I agree that this is all scary for the libs that have failed this country!

And now Eric Holder, getting pissed at the new findings of the autopsy of the person killed in Ferguson yet coming right out when it all happened that the person killed who is black was murdered! Who pulls whose strings first, Eric or Obama? Thank you for resigning Mr Holder, it is time.

And Democrats wonder why America is turning away from the Democratic party.
 00Spy
Msg: 75
Posted: 10/24/2014 7:01:16 PM
So glad the post after mine proved my points.

The President has done NOTHING for way too long on ebola. The timeline speaks for itself. I realize there are a lot of things going on in the world but it is time for big boys to put on big boys pants. I actually do feel for the President, I truly believe he is overwhelmed.

No doubt but he was overwhelmed long before ebola.
I like what Cuomo and Christie did today. Decisive leadership is so refreshing.
Similar to what we have here in Canada with the response to the terrorist militant islamic attacks from our PM. He called it for what it was right away and it wasn’t work place violence.

And now Eric Holder, getting pissed at the new findings of the autopsy of the person killed in Ferguson yet coming right out when it all happened that the person killed who is black was murdered! Who pulls whose strings first, Eric or Obama? Thank you for resigning Mr Holder, it is time.

Holder’s feigning disgust for grand jury leaks is classic and consistent with the lies of this administration. An administration who has arguably lied more than any in history. I wonder if Holder would have been so disgusted if the evidence favoured the other side of the story. I wonder if Holders justice department leaked this in the first place.
Too bad for Holder that the facts are not appearing to play into his political agenda.
He is already doubling down on his smearing of the police department in wake of the grand jury leaks.

I do give this administration kudos. They have figured out how to make everyone forget about a scandal. Simply create a new one the next week.
If only they were that smart but in reality this is just ineptitude.
It is funny to watch the Dems run from their President.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Election 2014: Karma is a b!tch