Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Election 2014: Karma is a b!tch      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 theleathernun
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Election 2014: Karma is a b!tchPage 4 of 90    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
It seems that the puppies have found another pair of legs to yip from behind.

Why is it that they cower until they have someone to "get their front"?
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 77
Election 2014: Karma is a b!tch
Posted: 10/24/2014 7:06:08 PM

It seems that the puppies have found another pair of legs to yip from behind.

I never realized the GOP kept parrots up there in Canada.

Why is it that they cower until they have someone to "get their front"?

Because this batch lacks the game to honestly debate.

See how the debate shifts so quickly away from ebola....as the speaking heads use up their "talking points" and shuffle right into Ferguson
 John255317
Msg: 78
Posted: 10/24/2014 7:10:43 PM
"I do give this administration kudos. They have figured out how to make everyone forget about a scandal. Simply create a new one the next week."

I understand what they are "trying" to do by all this but as we are seeing now, the United States citizens are remembering all these scandals. It worked before but isn't now, people are done with the cover-ups because they continue to be laughable, they are so terrible for all of us.

"It seems that the puppies have found another pair of legs to yip from behind"

Oh no, are we in for another "gossip news thread"? If some have nothing to be proud of, do gossip news. At least they admit it which I give kudos to!

"See how the debate shifts so quickly away from ebola....as the speaking heads use up their "talking points" and shuffle right into Ferguson"

^^^^Ahem, not shifting at all, just adding up all the issues where this President(Pick an issue) and his Attorney General(Ferguson) are seen as unbelievable in what they say, what they don't say and do(called leadership). So many issues but issues America isn't forgetting.
 blartfast
Msg: 79
Posted: 10/24/2014 7:11:03 PM

So glad the post after mine proved my points.

Don't you just love it when they start with the elementary school come backs.

Nothing like a little "I know you are" to elevate the debate.
 theleathernun
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 10/24/2014 7:23:25 PM
Oh no, are we in for another "gossip news thread"?

Is that really the best you can do? No wonder the puppies need a pair of legs to yip from behind.

I guess some people just can't deal with the reality that a week or so before the election that the numbers indicate a 49-50-1 split is coming down the pike accompanied by a tie breaker vote from Biden and a Presidential veto.

Which way will the true Republicans go? Will they kowtow to you teabaggers or will they come to an understanding with the Democrats? And will it really matter since you teabaggers lose no matter which way it goes?
 mountinmann
Msg: 81
Posted: 10/24/2014 7:39:21 PM
Obama is a total loser. Just an incompetent fool. And every scumbag
in his administration is the same sort of lowlife anti-American dirtbag.

I can't think of one thing he hasn't screwed up on. A real leader (one with some common sense)
would have immediately stopped ALL travel to and from the ebola stricken countries, and in fact that's
what the rest of Africa has done.

Ferguson is yet another Obama/Holder debacle. Just sheer IDIOCY. They fanned the flames of anti-white
hate and they encouraged the riots in Ferguson.

Holder/DOJ also paid for the protests in Florida during the Trayvon Martin case. Well, I mean WE paid for the protest
funding with our tax dollars.

Fast and Furious. Benghazi. The release of THOUSANDS of illegal alien criminals onto our innocent population.
The list just goes on and on and on.

Liberals hate America and want to see America fall. From the looks of it, they will probably get their wish.
 00Spy
Msg: 82
Posted: 10/24/2014 7:43:14 PM
Amazing how they go right into attack mode and attempt to ridicule and one here doesn’t even know what this thread is about.
Yet they they post nothing of substance to further debate... Oh how I missed this...

Real clear politics shows the race for the Senate at 46-45 Repubs with 9 toss ups. 6 of those toss ups are Dem seats and three Repub. Two of those 9 lean Blue.
I will predict 52-48 Republican.
It will be interesting to see how Obama reacts to the loss of the Senate. So far he has shown no interest in working with Congress. Thats why the Dems are in such a mess and his own party wants nothing to do with him.
Those Dems in the Senate, all a bunch of racists no doubt. At least by the standard of those in here.
 00Spy
Msg: 83
Posted: 10/24/2014 7:59:16 PM

Real clear politics shows the race for the Senate at 46-45 Repubs with 9 toss ups. 6 of those toss ups are Dem seats and three Repub. Two of those 9 lean Blue.

Correction two lean RED, in favour of the Repubs not the Dems.
What are your predictions?
 theleathernun
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 10/24/2014 8:16:02 PM
What are your predictions?

My prediction is that no matter how it turns out, the teabaggers (who you appear to sympathize with) will lose. The Republicans will never gain a 'bullet-proof' majority and will be faced with 2 more years of accomplishing nothing, or they will dump your teabagger idols and put an end to the descent into insanity.

Real clear politics shows the race for the Senate at 46-45 Repubs with 9 toss ups.

Yes, and your mistake is looking at snapshots but it would be hard to troll if you didn't. Did your mother fail to breastfeed you or did daddy bugger you in the middle of the night?
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 85
Posted: 10/24/2014 8:21:58 PM

Correction two lean RED, in favour of the Repubs not the Dems.
What are your predictions

Oh really...Well, I just parsed the numbers at RealClearPolitics and somehow (cough cough) you're numbers don't jive with what they show there...but of course.

RealClear Politics polls have:

(D) Nunn leading in 5 out of 6 polls

(D)Orman leading in 4 out of 7 polls

(D)Shaheen leading in 7 out of 8 polls

(D)Hagen leading in 5 out of 7 polls and tied in the other two

(R) Gardner is ahead in all polls

(R)Ernst is ahead in all polls

(R)McConnell ahead in all polls

(D)Landrieu ahead in 5 out of 6 polls

(R)Sullivan up in all polls

The lean is 5 to 4 democrat. My prediction is that you’ll troll the thread.
 BussOfEsprit
Msg: 86
Posted: 10/24/2014 8:24:01 PM

Perhaps that is exactly what they want, these countries are majority 'not white'. They might be thinking that by doing this they can prevent another "Kenyan" from stealing the White House

Don't you just love it when they start with the elementary school come backs.

Nothing like a little "I know you are" to elevate the debate

Yes, yes it’s obvious the only reason is because these countries are majority “not white”.
Nothing to do with a deadly virus, that our medical facilities can’t handle a break out, or that when someone comes down with Ebola our government searches for everyone who was in contact with them so they can quarantine them for 21 days. Not like it kills and not like people get fearful of harmful viruses. You must be Einstein’s evil twin to have figured out this diabolical plot to rid the world of all “not white” people.

The title of the thread is “Election 2014: Karma is a b!tch”, I think it’s a little hard to say the thread was elevated to begin with ;)
 00Spy
Msg: 87
Posted: 10/24/2014 8:51:03 PM
Here is the Real Politics link...
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2014/senate/2014_elections_senate_map.html

Just as I earlier stated 46-45 with nine tossups two of which lean Repub.

As for Ebola why expect Obama to act in way in which he hasn’t acted the last 6 years.
He is incapable of decisive leadership.
Could he/they have done more ... Yes but he stayed true to his political self in naming a political hack to the post of Czar.
But in his defence remember that only 3 health care workers so far have been infected.
They worked directly with the infected. So far the virus has not spread to the general public. This latest case in NYC will decide the fate of this disease in N. America. Thank God/Allah, New York and New Jersey have decisive leaders.
How about a Christie/Cuomo ticket with them trading off the P/VP title for the first cross party Presidency.
Hows that for trolling...lol
 blartfast
Msg: 88
Posted: 10/24/2014 9:21:52 PM

Perhaps that is exactly what they want, these countries are majority 'not white'. They might be thinking that by doing this they can prevent another "Kenyan" from stealing the White House

Yes, yes it’s obvious the only reason is because these countries are majority “not white”.
Nothing to do with a deadly virus, that our medical facilities can’t handle a break out, or that when someone comes down with Ebola our government searches for everyone who was in contact with them so they can quarantine them for 21 days. Not like it kills and not like people get fearful of harmful viruses. You must be Einstein’s evil twin to have figured out this diabolical plot to rid the world of all “not white” people.

You're an idiot if that is the message you took away from the quote you included. Clearly, either the level of humor is beyond your comprehension or you are drunk on the extremist koolaid.

When you get a clue, please feel to try again.

The title of the thread is “Election 2014: Karma is a b!tch”, I think it’s a little hard to say the thread was elevated to begin with ;)

Uh-huh. And yet you felt compelled to post. Got it.
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 89
Posted: 10/25/2014 6:53:36 AM
OMG, I can't believe some of you people. A kid walks into a high school in the Seattle area yesterday and opens fire. Kills one, wounds 4. One day, one shooting...a blip on the page of how many were murdered or wounded in the US by gun fire yesterday alone. And you freak out about one death, two infections and one "maybe" infection from Ebola and rag on and friggin on about what the President is doing about it. What the fvck is your country doing about your people killing each other? What the fvck are you doing about it? You easily and readily yap about racism, the President's past religious affiliation, his birth certificate, he doesn't do this right/he does this wrong...blah, blah, blah. What the fvck are YOU doing? You're on a dating site forums puffing your chests and engaging in a pissing contest that means...nothing. Carry on.
 calguy14
Msg: 90
Posted: 10/25/2014 7:34:02 AM
Who's up for a round of golf?
 gtomustang
Msg: 91
Posted: 10/25/2014 8:16:46 AM
Just be glad Ebola isn't "a gay man's disease". Reagan really showed what leaders due (bury their heads in the sand), in the face of the "gay plague", or as we know it today, AIDS.

If the best line of defense against Ebola was a condom, the conservatives would be doing their best to avoid any discussion involving the benefits of any birth control device, and teach abstinance instead.
 calguy14
Msg: 92
Posted: 10/25/2014 8:50:36 AM
^^^^
Its actually the fault of the Canucks.They should have banned that Frenchman in Montreal from ever getting into another hot tub.:)

Besides,look at the money those drug conglomerates make on HIV meds.Don't address the issues,give em meds.
 BussOfEsprit
Msg: 93
Posted: 10/25/2014 7:48:16 PM
Now blartfast.....don't be cranky LOL ;)
 HondoGal
Msg: 94
Posted: 10/25/2014 10:19:34 PM
For those wondering (why not research it yourselves) about the number of persons coming in from west Africa:
(CNSNews.com) - Both Homeland Security Secretary Secretary Jeh Johnson and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Director Tom Frieden said on Wednesday that 150 people a day arrive in the United States from Liberia, Sierra Leone or Guinea, the three West African countries that have been hit by the Ebola virus.
"When somebody travels from one of those three West African countries, even through a transit point (in Europe), we know where they're coming from. So we're able to track this. And we know that on average it's about 150 passengers a day," Johnson told CNN's Wolf Blitzer.
Given the 21-day incubation period for Ebola and the 150 people coming in each day, that means that at any given time there could be 21 x 150 people in the U.S. who could be asymptomatically incubating Ebola, and who are free to wander around the country.
That is 3,150 people who at any moment could become symptomatic anywhere in the country and start exposing people.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/cdc-150-people-enter-us-day-ebola-stricken-countries-or-4500-month

Like Duncan most of these people will lie to get into the U.S.

Ahem........I know I can't speak for Honogal but wondering if she was talking about restricting travel from West Africa and Obama refuses to. The way some of you posters act(not surprisingly) is that you make it sound soooooo differently. ~John

John, I do not read the posts by certain members of the forums. They are not very interesting for the most part and way too predictable.

Of course we should ban all travel from west Africa; that is merely common sense.
As for health care workers returning from these countries they should be quarantined in those countries prior to returning to the U.S.

Look at the physician who returning from Guinea where he’d been treating Ebola victims flew into NYC and immediately started mingling with others. Even when he felt ill on Tuesday he still continued to roam the city. An unconscionable act by someone who should know better. Why the need for government restrictions.

Hondogal, kind of looks like your post was spot on!

Just common sense, John.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 95
Posted: 10/26/2014 8:13:29 AM

Of course we should ban all travel from west Africa; that is merely common sense.

Should we then ban all travel from Brussels? Because Brussels is a major stop off from West Africa. Should we stop all travel from Senegal? The reality is, if one bans all travel from West Africa to America, then people with means will just travel to another open travel country and proceed from there to America. Perhaps we need to ban all travel from anywhere.

Look at the physician who returning from Guinea where he’d been treating Ebola victims flew into NYC and immediately started mingling with others. Even when he felt ill on Tuesday he still continued to roam the city. An unconscionable act by someone who should know better. Why the need for government restrictions.

Sigh...do you even know how the disease is transmitted? It is transmitted by bodily fluids...primarily, vomit, diarrhea, saliva, and blood. It is not an air-borne disease. My guess is that the Doctor did not hit the threshold temperature determined by the CDC to require quarantine, nor was he bleeding, projectile vomiting, nor had explosive diarrhea. In fact, the Doctor had been in daily contact with the CDC monitoring his health.

the fact that Obama is bringing in hundreds of persons daily from West Africa where an Ebola epidemic is raging is even more fodder for women to feel “unsafe” because of him.

You know you shouldn't post such shyte if you're then going to post the truth:

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Director Tom Frieden said on Wednesday that 150 people a day arrive in the United States from Liberia, Sierra Leone or Guinea, the three West African countries that have been hit by the Ebola virus.
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 96
Posted: 10/26/2014 8:42:56 AM
Irish, it's hard to get people to listen to reason when they have their head up their ass.

There is an epidemic of Ebola in parts of Africa; there is an epidemic of fear in America.....just heard a CDC Dr. say this on Face the Nation. He also said what you just stated...unless someone with Ebola pukes on you, poops on you or bleeds on you, you won't be infected. Idiots walk among us and they spread rumours, misinformation, general bullshit and unreasonable fear. They are the ones that should be quarantined.
 John255317
Msg: 97
Posted: 10/26/2014 8:52:12 AM
Hondo, you are correct, this Dr showed irresponsibility. Cuomo and Christie are doing the right thing. I can't believe that some people think it is "unfair" for people that are helping ebola patients, that they need to be in quarantine for 21 days when they get home. Yes, it is a hardship for them but you can't make exceptions because of it.

I am happy to see that Governor Cuomo is not a sheep and doing the correct thing. Every day it just gets worse for the Democratic party with politicians agreeing with the Presidents agenda. I know, what agenda
 blartfast
Msg: 98
Posted: 10/26/2014 8:56:47 AM

Should we then ban all travel from Brussels?

Isn't it interesting how the very first response from a certain group of Americans to ANY problem is to scream "seal the borders"?

What is even more interesting is that the experts in Ebola are saying just the opposite, that border closure and travel bans are counter-productive. The experts are saying that this groups "common sense" is anything but "common" or "sensible".

But, since this "seal the borders" group considers themselves to be experts on any subject (from military readiness/response to foreign policy to infection control) I doubt they will see it any differently. After all, they "know better", their so-called "common sense" tells them so.
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 99
Posted: 10/26/2014 9:27:30 AM
I actually don't see anything wrong with the idea of quarantining health care workers coming back from Africa. But put them at a Sandals Resort, free, with free food and all the booze they want...they deserve it. But to resort to mass hysteria and fear as well as misinformation from som of the Chicken Littles on this site as pathetic.
 blartfast
Msg: 100
Posted: 10/26/2014 11:22:02 AM

It's normal for them to be filled with fear.

Dems can deal with complex problems better than reps.

Fancy MRI's weren't necessary, it's obvious just from 'observation' alone. Conservatives see complexity as chaos and have an immediate sense of 'loss of control'. 'Simple' is all they can handle and that is why we always get these 'simple minded' arguments over 'simple minded' causes and 'simple minded' solutions.

It's the reason they try, and fail, at mimicking what they see as an opponents argument. Not being 'complexity minded' like liberals, they can't step outside of being 'simple minded' to grasp the complexity and end up focusing on form over substance.

It's the reason behind this great 'demographic angst' that has their shorts all twisted up in the crack of their ass. Change creates complexity which requires analysis. Being 'simple minded' rather than 'complexity minded' prevents them from being able to analyze this increase in complexity; this scares them and we see this fear in their claims of racism (they would call it "common sense" based on 'simple minded' ideas).

It's why they can't accept same-sex marriage, they can't cope with the complexity of what they see as 'rule changes'. Change creates complexity which requires analysis. Being 'simple minded' rather than 'complexity minded' prevents them from being able to analyze this increase in complexity; this scares them and we see this fear in their homophobia (they would call this "common sense" based on 'simple minded' ideas).

It's a pattern we see played out over and over with virtually every issue, a 'simple minded' fear of complexities which escape their grasp.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Election 2014: Karma is a b!tch