Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Election 2014: Karma is a b!tch      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 00Spy
Msg: 101
Election 2014: Karma is a b!tchPage 5 of 90    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
Not sure why my esteemed liberal cohorts on here want to make the Ebola debate a right versus left argument but hey whatever floats your boat or rather “fly’s your plane”.
As of the 16th, the members of congress for the flight ban were as follows 65 Republicans and 9 Democrats. In the Senate it was 13 Republicans and 2 Democrats.
Hardly a quorum!
http://thehill.com/policy/transportation/220964-list-lawmakers-backing-travel-ban

Yet listening to all the hate filled vitriol spewed out by the left on here one would think the Republican party were getting ready to announce charges of High Crimes and Misdemeanours. Oops sorry Obama already beat them to that one.

I personally do not support the ban. My job involves risk management and I don’t see the value, versus current successful controls in place, here to warrant flight ban.
That being said the latest case in New York with the reckless activities of that doctor will bear out Obamas patience or a rush to flight ban by all members of Congress. I’m betting no one else in the general public is infected.

Now back to the thread topic RCP today has it today at a dead heat 45-45 with now 10 toss ups.
I still stand on 52-48 with the one Independent caucusing with the winning Republicans.
www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2014/senate/2014_elections_senate_map.html
 BussOfEsprit
Msg: 102
Election 2014: Karma is a b!tch
Posted: 10/26/2014 1:13:39 PM
Love the arrogance of the far-left lol

I think it’s great that some were able to have a little pep rally and conclude the greatness of the liberal mind (arrogance at its finest). Although I believe that intelligence is represented across all political leanings, the truth is that liberal intelligence is not represented here in these forums (proven fact, thread after thread after thread). You can thump your chest all you want but the facts remain.

When Hernan Cortes arrived in the Aztec capital in 1521, he found the city in the grip of a smallpox epidemic. This was traced to an African slave sailing with Spanish soldiers from Cuba to Mexico and decimated a large part of the Inca population. Europeans in the 16th and 17th centuries brought smallpox, measles and influenza to North America. Native Americans, who generally were healthier, had no immunity to these diseases, and it took its toll on the population. History is robust with similar examples across the globe and the spread of the current outbreak is because of human movement.

The government already “closes boarders” on individuals, it’s just on a smaller scale and we call it a quarantine. Every individual who brought Ebola to America has been quarantined. Walls were built around them, restricted from movement, work and life. People that have been in physical contact with these individuals have been isolated, unable to work, socialize and prevented from movement. This is done to prevent the spread of the disease and it is normal. Ebola has spread from Guinea to the United States, Spain, Liberia, Mali, Nigeria, Senegal, and Sierra Leone and is the biggest outbreak in known history. Although I’m not in support of closing boarders at this point let’s not pretend it won’t happen in the future if Ebola keeps spreading.
 blartfast
Msg: 103
Posted: 10/26/2014 3:10:24 PM

When Hernan Cortes arrived in the Aztec capital in 1521

Oh please, you aren't going to try that scare tactic are you? Does that really inform your opinion about ebola risk, seriously? Man, some conservatives really are afraid of shadows.

You're talking about two entirely different kinds of viruses (and I don't mean they cause different diseases, I mean different as in cats are different from dogs) with very different transmission rates, persistence and reservoirs.

This is a perfect example of what was demonstrated by the study that was posted. It is a 'simple minded' response rather than a 'complexity minded' response that shows a reliance on visceral reactions rather than analytical reactions. In other words, it jumps to a simple conclusion based on simple factors that don't adequately reflect the complexity of the question (and I'll bet you thought it was just "common sense").
 gtomustang
Msg: 104
Posted: 10/26/2014 3:21:52 PM
Why do the Republicans sell fear? b/c sex sells so well, but sex makes them feel so uncomfortable :)

the only immigration the radicals in their party don't mind is voters from Cuba. Other'n that, they're scratching for an identity to bring the frayed edges together, and this will do for this week. Maybe they'll try to beat it into the ground until December, when they play the myth there's a war on Jesus' birthday that didn't occur on the Winter Solstace. That's always a funny way to end every year.

(Thanksgiving is tricky, those darn liberals try to point out that WE were the uninvited immigrants around that time).
 1saved
Msg: 105
Posted: 10/26/2014 3:49:33 PM
American politics have become a crap shoot between what they think voters want, and how much money they can get from us. No wonder our nation has the global perspective it does. There are so many huge issues to solve, which ones will get the most attention? A looming pandemic is going to be one on the plate for sure, regardless of which party sells the most fear.
 cotter
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2014 4:42:29 PM

Of course we should ban all travel from west Africa; that is merely common sense.
Right ... because then those people will not look for another way to get here ... they'd never do that. They'd never find a sneaky way to get around such a ban ... and still enter the country ... whether someone is waiting to take their temperature or not ... right?

I think it's a pretty good assumption that in fact they will find other ways to get here. They will travel through several countries with the Ebola virus churning in their bodies and then eventually board a plane somewhere and bring even more Ebola to the country. Some of those flights from various different countries take up to 10 hours. Some of the people feel fine the night before and wake up with a fever of over 100 degrees. You don't have to be in bed for that to happen. You can board a plane with temperature WNL (within normal limits) and walk off a plane with a temperature of 100 degrees.

Ebola can take up to 21 days to incubate and you can travel through a lot of European countries in that much time. I know people who have done it. At any given time, the fever will spike and then that's when you start hunting down anyone who has had contact with that person.

I say let them travel here ... take their temperatures before boarding and as they get off and if there is any question about a temperature reading ... put them in quarantine. As is apparent, people will not tell the truth if it means they have to give up travel they have already paid for. Even the woman who flew to Cleveland went against any normal nurse's best judgment and of all things, flew home to loved ones and friends. Hey ... she paid for that ticket, dammit and she was gonna use it!

As for health care workers returning from these countries they should be quarantined in those countries prior to returning to the U.S.
Not a bad idea, but we also had to bring some home who were already infected so we could give them the care they couldn't get there. So you still have to deal with it here.

An unconscionable act by someone who should know better.
Yeah ... that's why I still shake my head when that nurse just went ahead and flew home without ever personally talking to the CDC. I guarantee the reason she had a friend call in is because she was afraid they could trace her call and find her and keep her from using the pre-paid ticket she bought. She probably didn't buy the insurance that could have reimbursed her in case of illness. Ya think maybe the airlines wouldn't have minded giving her a refund for "illness" in place of having to spend millions to sanitize the plane? Yes ... people just doing brainless things ... with no regard for the people around them. But the answer is not isolationism.

The answer is to educate people and spread the word ... instead of sticking our heads in the sand and isolating ourselves and hope with all our hearts that this particular epidemic will not reach our shores or land in our country. If it doesn't come here, we'll never have "learn" about it or "deal" with it and then we can stick our noses in the air and shun those who do have it ... right?

If the candidates use our lack of of travel ban to win an election then there is no hope for us as a nation ... certainly not as a nation to be respected in the world.
 calguy14
Msg: 107
Posted: 10/26/2014 5:01:28 PM
^^^^^^
Passports cotter,they detail your travel.My guess is unsanitary toilets,people unable or unwilling to wash their hands afterward,the faucet handles are of course filthy.Think of the stats of people not washing afterwards.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 108
Posted: 10/26/2014 5:32:10 PM

Two major Kentucky newspapers have endorsed Alison Lundergan Grimes for Senate over incumbent Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R).

The Courier-Journal and the Lexington Herald-Leader both ran editorials Sunday in support of the Democrat, who currently serves as Kentucky's Secretary of State.

In its endorsement, the Courier-Journal's editorial board praised Grimes' stance on issues like the minimum wage and early childhood education, while accusing McConnell of "lacking a vision for Kentucky."

"[McConnell] lost his way to the point where he now is identified largely as the master of obstruction and gridlock in Washington," reads the endorsement. "Kentucky needs a U.S. senator who sees a higher calling than personal ambition and a greater goal than self-aggrandizement."

The endorsement also addressed Grimes' recent interview with the editorial board, during which she repeatedly refused to say whether or not she voted for President Barack Obama in 2012.

"Ms. Grimes, to her credit, was willing to appear before this newspaper's editorial board," reads the editorial. "She did this fully aware that Mr. McConnell's campaign could — and did — seize on snippets to use in political attacks."

McConnell, the editorial board says, did not accept their invitation for a similar interview.

The Lexington Herald-Leader's endorsement strongly rebukes McConnell, who the editorial board says has "repeatedly hurt the country to advance his political strategy."

"The Senate may never recover from the bitter paralysis McConnell has inflicted through record filibusters that allow his minority to rule by obstruction," reads the editorial. "He poses as a champion of the right to criticize the government, but it's really his rich buddies' right to buy the government that he champions."

"If McConnell had a better record, he would not have to argue for six more years by obsessively linking Grimes to Obama, who will be gone in two years no matter what," the editorial continues.

Huff Post
 John255317
Msg: 109
Posted: 10/26/2014 6:58:25 PM
"If McConnell had a better record, he would not have to argue for six more years by obsessively linking Grimes to Obama, who will be gone in two years no matter what," the editorial continues.

_________________________________________________________________________________
That statement right there shows how ignorant and stupid this editorial said.........Talking about how Obama will be gone in two years so why is some putting it on democratic senator candidates....Well the editorial board probably should have continued with that "thinking" and then continued with the whole truth but that would not have made sense, it would have been hypocritical. And the rest of the sentence should have read that these democratic people running for senator are in agreement with obamas agenda and vote right along with Obama. But obviously this editorial can't say that because they would be trying to convince people that Obama will be gone in two years so don't put the senate candidates in the same breath as far as agendas, even though their thinking is right along with that person gone in two years. Makes no sense at all with this editorial, it does show non objectiveness. Now that is a shocker......
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 110
Posted: 10/26/2014 7:08:14 PM
That statement right there shows how ignorant and stupid this editorial said.

Then, you agree with the other points the Lexington Herald-Leader made since you've not commented on those other points. Specifically:

The Lexington Herald-Leader's endorsement strongly rebukes McConnell, who the editorial board says has "repeatedly hurt the country to advance his political strategy."

"The Senate may never recover from the bitter paralysis McConnell has inflicted through record filibusters that allow his minority to rule by obstruction," reads the editorial. "He poses as a champion of the right to criticize the government, but it's really his rich buddies' right to buy the government that he champions."

And certainly you agree with the Courier-Journal:

In its endorsement, the Courier-Journal's editorial board praised Grimes' stance on issues like the minimum wage and early childhood education, while accusing McConnell of "lacking a vision for Kentucky."

"[McConnell] lost his way to the point where he now is identified largely as the master of obstruction and gridlock in Washington," reads the endorsement. "Kentucky needs a U.S. senator who sees a higher calling than personal ambition and a greater goal than self-aggrandizement."

The endorsement also addressed Grimes' recent interview with the editorial board, during which she repeatedly refused to say whether or not she voted for President Barack Obama in 2012.

"Ms. Grimes, to her credit, was willing to appear before this newspaper's editorial board," reads the editorial. "She did this fully aware that Mr. McConnell's campaign could — and did — seize on snippets to use in political attacks."

McConnell, the editorial board says, did not accept their invitation for a similar interview.

The jist of the story is, because you've clearly missed it: In a very close senate race ,the senate minority leader who is the incumbent, in the bottom of the ninth inning, has lost the support of two major newspapers in his state. It doesn't bode well for republicans if their senate leader loses his seat.

Remember, polls close and results are in first in the east-if McConnell loses his senate seat, the house of cards might just fall down.
 BussOfEsprit
Msg: 111
Posted: 10/26/2014 8:51:42 PM

Oh please, you aren't going to try that scare tactic are you? Does that really inform your opinion about ebola risk, seriously? Man, some conservatives really are afraid of shadows.

You're talking about two entirely different kinds of viruses (and I don't mean they cause different diseases, I mean different as in cats are different from dogs) with very different transmission rates, persistence and reservoirs.

This is a perfect example of what was demonstrated by the study that was posted. It is a 'simple minded' response rather than a 'complexity minded' response that shows a reliance on visceral reactions rather than analytical reactions. In other words, it jumps to a simple conclusion based on simple factors that don't adequately reflect the complexity of the question (and I'll bet you thought it was just "common sense").

I’m not comparing (sigh…why do I try) “viruses” rather acknowledging that this is not our first rodeo with deadly viruses and that it only takes one person. Also, that Ebola is dangerous and our current SOP needs to be adjusted (seems obvious). If my words were too scary for you, I do apologize.

Refusing to acknowledge information (especially, that you don’t comprehend) because you have labeled an individual unworthy, don’t adhere to your political belief, that you are superior etc. is not only closed-minded but simple-minded as well ;)
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 112
Posted: 10/26/2014 9:25:42 PM
MSNBC just announced that the virus name stands for Enjoy Barack Obama's Legacy America.
Fascinating they are willing to admit that true news story.
 mountinmann
Msg: 113
Posted: 10/26/2014 11:23:56 PM
Liberalism is a disease. Liberals believe that since Africa has ebola, it's only fair that America should have ebola too!

Liberals are a lot like children, but very vicious low IQ children. Children that throw temper tantrums whenever they can't get their own way.

Obama has no economic strategy. His economic plan consists of lying to the American people about amnesty for illegals, claiming hilariously that illegals boost the economy! Sure they do! They steal work away from our most vulnerable citizens! That has to be good! Right? The great Lightworker said so! He wouldn't lie! Illegals create jobs! Oh yeah! As they run across the border and sign up to vote Dem, they get their food stamps and welfare checks, and this directly improves the economy! See? It's all so simple! It's just racist white people holding the country back! If not for racist white people, there would be no gangs or drugs or unemployment or drive by shootings or pregnant teenage girls!

Yes, American needs ebola, just to prove once and for all that America is an equal opportunity nation. And besides, white people are evil and owned slaves at one time, so if the white people get ebola.....too bad! They deserve it!
It's payback time!

Hail King Obama! Out Lord and Master! He who knows all and sees all! If not for the evil Republicans, Obama would have by now made a heaven on earth! Shame of you evil republicans! Shame shame shame on you! Bow down and worship your Lord and Master! Quick before it's too late! Hail the Great Lightworker! He will protect us from ebola!
And he always speaks the truth!
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 114
Posted: 10/26/2014 11:30:00 PM
President Obama's Knock-Knock Joke:

Knock, knock.
Obama: "Who's there?"
"Ebola."
Obama: "Come in!"
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 115
Posted: 10/27/2014 6:47:02 AM
^^^ That's a little childish/juvenile don't you think? Maybe go back to commenting on Palin's fashions and how she increased the salmon stocks.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 116
Posted: 10/27/2014 6:53:31 AM

Posted by bluemoon24_7:
"That's a little childish/juvenile don't you think?"

Thank you.
I have remained youthful and with juvenile vitality via lots of exercise, a healthy diet, and plenty of sleep.
 00Spy
Msg: 117
Posted: 10/27/2014 6:16:48 PM
Very funny!
Uh oh.. you two are in trouble now.
You will be flamed and accused of all sorts of crimes against humanity in here now.
Never mind all the reports to the mods.

Not much change in the polling, 52-42 Republicans still stands.
That is unless of course Michelle Obama gets back out there and stumps some more for Bailey, Bailey or Balley. Or any other Dem running.
Must be confused with Beetle Bailey.
Can the Obama’s be any less confused?
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 118
Posted: 10/27/2014 6:33:00 PM

You played the polls game last election and we're still laughing at your results. It bodes well for democrats that you keep harping on the positive republican polling now (given your past record)

Here's a little gem from the two largest Kentucky newspapers that just endorsed Alison Grimes:

The Lexington Herald-Leader’s editorial board wrote,

McConnell does have power. He commands a perpetual-motion money machine; dollars flow in, favors flow out.

The problem is how McConnell uses his power. He has repeatedly hurt the country to advance his political strategy.

McConnell has sabotaged jobs and transportation bills, even as Kentucky’s unemployment exceeds the nation’s and an Interstate 75 bridge crumbles over the Ohio River. He blocked tax credits for companies that move jobs back to this country while preserving breaks for those that move jobs overseas. He opposed extending unemployment benefits, while bemoaning the “jobless” recovery. He brags about resolving crises that he helped create.

The Senate may never recover from the bitter paralysis McConnell has inflicted through record filibusters that allow his minority to rule by obstruction.

Kentuckians can’t do much to stop a Supreme Court majority that’s enabling the corrosion of our democracy by unlimited, secret contributions, in court cases bearing McConnell’s stamp.

Kentuckians can send a powerful message on Nov. 4 and carve out a better future by retiring McConnell and making Grimes their senator.

The Courier-Journal editorial board wrote,

More discouraging — and most important to voters — is that he appears lacking a vision for Kentucky or the country as a whole. Rather, his decades-long drive to increase his power and political standing has resulted in this campaign based on his boast that if he is re-elected and Republicans win a Senate majority, he would become Senate majority leader. Some voters believe Kentucky will benefit from keeping Mr. McConnell in such a national leadership position, but we believe that alone is not a reason for giving him another term.

Both candidates have failed the voters through limited access, rote talking points, slickly packaged appearances and a barrage of attack ads that at best are misleading and at worst, outright false.

But Ms. Grimes has laid out positions on a number of issues that matter to voters, ones that separate her from her opponent.

Kentucky needs a U.S. senator who sees a higher calling than personal ambition and a greater goal than self-aggrandizement. For those reasons and for her evident potential, we endorse Ms. Grimes for election on Nov. 4.
 cotter
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2014 6:57:44 PM
Message 121 ...
MSNBC just announced that the virus name stands for Enjoy Barack Obama's Legacy America.
I was going ask for a link to your statement but I found it ...

From Topekas News - A Progressive Voice For The Free Thinker
http://topekasnews.com/ebola-stands-for-evil-barack-obama-liquidating-america/

OMG ... LMFAO ... he forgot to post this one too:
Obama’s Plan To Start the Ebola Zombie Apocalypse in America Revealed
http://topekasnews.com/obamas-plan-to-start-the-ebola-zombie-apocalypse-in-america-revealed/

There are more ... but I'm thinking the "free thinker" that he is ... he won't want me to embarrass him further with more of their headlines!

(Do they honestly believe that stuff? Seriously?)
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 120
Posted: 10/27/2014 7:21:09 PM

Hahahahhahahahaha...good one Cotter....you found Eric out...the little shyster...the only sites that come up in a search are the extremist conservative sites:
rightwingart.com/791709e4-8765-4c23-9767.../artupload.aspx
boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/.../hke5xOAk-ebola-enjoy-barack-obam...
memegenerator.net/instance/55421675

But nope...no MSNBC reference going a couple of pages of google search...no wonder he didn't post a link...
 theleathernun
Msg: 121
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2014 7:24:57 PM

Well, math certainly isn't your strong suit is it. Tell us oh wise one: Who gets the other 6 seats?
 1saved
Msg: 122
Posted: 10/28/2014 4:19:36 AM
Humor is usually welcomed, but the political state of our nation is indeed a laughable matter.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 123
Posted: 10/28/2014 7:34:58 AM

Posted by CautiousLuv:
"...A communist, A Muslim and an illegal alien walk into a bar...
THE BARTENDER SAYS:........."HELLO MR. PRESIDENT!"

Classic! That will be great for a laugh with my friends this weekend.
They will totally howl with that one. Conservatives thankfully have a sense of humor.

Speaking of humor that's not really humor, you know what is also rather puzzling about Liberal behavior?

Just imagine if you had a simple common cold.
Typical runny nose, teary eyes, and occasional sneezing.
Totally minor part of life.

Tell limousine-liberals living on Central Park West you were coming to visit them and their kids for ten minutes while you're in the area? They would LOCK everything and purchase a case of Lysol just because the topic was mentioned. LOL.

So why are these *same exact people* in such a rush to have a KILLER virus imported into our country?
A virus with a 70% mortality rate among strong young people in their 20's...so nevermind old, young, or sick.
Our wonderful country has a huge ocean as a natural barrier to where this terrible virus originates for goodness sake.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 124
Posted: 10/28/2014 12:45:25 PM

I found this gem after I read the claim that liberals are trying to import Ebola.

I watched the head of the NIH last night speak about quarantine's and flight restrictions. He said we should rely on the science. Right there I knew he had lost every extremist conservative.
 blartfast
Msg: 125
Posted: 10/28/2014 2:38:59 PM
I thought, 'there has to be some research that explains this comment'. Sure enough, there is.

It is interesting how all this literature on political beliefs and the brain always ends up with the conservatives on the 'simple minded' end of the spectrum. At least we now know that this 'simple mindedness' extends beyond analytical, solution oriented thinking and reaches all the way to simply thinking, period.

He said we should rely on the science. Right there I knew he had lost every extremist conservative.

Obviously, too much complexity, it isn't 'simple minded' enough.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Election 2014: Karma is a b!tch