Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Election 2014: Karma is a b!tch      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 1226
Election 2014: Karma is a b!tchPage 50 of 90    (36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76)
^^^^. We're you there in the Oval Office with him?

Seems to me I remember Bush sitting around with school children while the Trade Towers where hit by planes....then they hid him. What a hero.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 1227
Election 2014: Karma is a b!tch
Posted: 1/7/2015 4:59:03 PM
First Off the Tee - Page 7 - Google Books Result
https://books.google.com/books?isbn=0786740132
Don Van Natta Jr. - 2004 - ‎History
PROLOGUE with Eisenhower's sliced shots so often that he actively campaigned to have it removed. ... an infrequent White House golfer who practiced his putting down the wide aisle of Air Force One and on the rich carpet in the Oval Office.
 tgif111
Msg: 1228
Posted: 1/7/2015 5:52:10 PM
B.O. usually plays golf when tragedy strikes. he couldn't make a pimple on Bill Clinton or Ronald Reagan's azz. so naturally after the Paris attack he just does what comes naturally. The golfer in chief practiced his putting on the Oval Office carpet.

look here:

President Obama admitted Sunday that playing golf on Martha’s Vineyard soon after talking tough about the militants who beheaded American photojournalist James Foley provided the media with bad “optics” — but suggested that the issue is not with his leadership, but with the theatrics of the presidency and the aggressiveness of the modern press.

(it's the press' fault, not his)

Major General Harold Greene, the first U.S. general to die in combat since Vietnam, was buried in Arlington National Cemetery on Aug. 14. At the time of the funeral, President Obama was on the golf course at the Vineyard Golf Club in Edgartown, Mass.

(I heard he was high fiving and knuckle bumping up a storm!)

conclusion:
B.O. is a nincompoop!
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 1229
Posted: 1/7/2015 6:57:10 PM
. "I'll be long gone before some smart person ever figures out what happened inside this Oval Office."—Washington, D.C., May 12, 2008
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 1230
Posted: 1/7/2015 7:43:44 PM

conclusion:

B.O. is a nincompoop!

Coming from a seditious teabag traitor we'll take that as a compliment!

tgif111
Msg: 1231
Posted: 1/7/2015 8:32:34 PM
kind of hard to rebutt his actions which are humiliating to the Office of the President that he certainly is not deserving of.

the next news flash will be that his brain was eaten by zombies 10 years ago and he's been a walking dead ghoul for the past eight years. his actions and decisions certainly show that he's a brainless buffoon incapable of any real leadership.

come on Hillary! come on Chris Christie!

let's get Washington away from The Night of The Living Dead!

the latest Reuters Poll finds 55% of Americans DISAPPROVE of the job the pretender in chief is doing and 44% approve.

very "admirable" wouldn't you say? B.O. was voted one of the most admirable. I believe his most admirable rating came from Golf Digest Magazine.

vvvvvvvvv once again the year is 2035 and bluemoon is on his deathbed still concerned about Dubya..........

W has more testosterone in one fart than B.O. has in a 1000 of his testicles.

bluemoon24_7
Msg: 1232
Posted: 1/7/2015 8:42:23 PM
Mr. Irish, I think we have another Becky. Small man/small penis small talk.

Again, who's hero hid out while the towers burned? Who had the shit scared look on his face?

Je Suis Charlie.
 calguy14
Msg: 1233
Posted: 1/8/2015 2:25:46 AM
^^^^
He suis Charlie

A few other here will not agree.

What to do?More talk about love and understanding?Hand wringing?Name calling?Hide in a suburb?
 Orione7
Msg: 1234
Posted: 1/8/2015 2:36:09 AM
Poor Frenchies.... hopefully they capture them.
I hope nothing like this happens in Italia....
 kj521
Msg: 1235
Posted: 1/8/2015 3:55:32 AM
"Mr. Irish, I think we have another Becky. Small man/small penis small talk."

This is interesting......what exactly is being inferred here with using a female name to describe a man? Please connect the dots for me as I wouldn't want to falsely assume negative stereotyping and prejudicial behavior.....

And how is one able to determine penis size by a man's height or words?

I must say.....that is a rather interesting talent! :)
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 1236
Posted: 1/8/2015 5:04:04 AM
Women deny it, but we all know it...size does matter
 kj521
Msg: 1237
Posted: 1/8/2015 5:15:35 AM
Lol Irish! I can neither confirm nor deny that. :D

And...:nice misdirection to my posed questions.

You're very good...but then again I do get distracted easily! ;)
 gtomustang
Msg: 1238
Posted: 1/8/2015 10:07:04 AM
Alors, j n'adore pas le Charlie, mais les mortes, quelle domage, c'est tres mauvais (so much for my poor French). I'm told Charlie was a lot like South Park, and frankly, I never liked SP. Kids talking dirty and a floating poop for a character, commenting on how American society has lowered its standards. The pot complaining about the kettle being black. Still ,it doesn't legitimize shooting the place up, no more than an abortion clinic "deserves" to be bombed or threatened. There's legal ways to achieve one's goals.

"And how is one able to determine penis size by a man's height or words?"

>>>as I'm sure you've heard, its an assumption of compensation for something otherwise lacking. but we've had the "little man complex" arguement before in a past post. Well, it was a small one :)
 calguy14
Msg: 1239
Posted: 1/8/2015 10:34:47 AM
^^^
Just Irish trying to cover for his "little bishop". Does this have anything to do with the leathernun I wonder.Seems to be a theme.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 1240
Posted: 1/8/2015 12:07:59 PM
Terrorists are killing magazine writers in downtown Paris the other day...and yet President Obama can hardly bring himself to use the "T-word" that is so darn uncomfortable to him. Why does he have such a difficult time describing vicious killers who murder a dozen gentle innocents as what they truly are...terrorists?
 tgif111
Msg: 1241
Posted: 1/8/2015 12:31:53 PM
the Fort Hood terrorist shooting;

“We have not found any links to terrorism, or any international or domestic extremist groups at this time,” Chris Grey, a spokesman for the United States Army Criminal Investigation Command, told reporters.

That simple word has a complex and politically charged past at Fort Hood. Army officials have never called the first Fort Hood mass shooting, in November 2009 — when Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan shot dozens of soldiers.

nah, we can't call it terrorism. we don't want to offend anyone do we?????
Hasan just said he did it for Islam. that's not terrorism. oh wait I think it is!!!

some time back there appeared to be a terrorist shooting and Wolf Blitzer of CNN reported that he "might be a member of the Tea Party." this was later proved incorrect of course.

so what does he say when he reports the Paris shooting?

"we have to be VERY VERY CAREFUL about labeling this the work of Al Quiada. we don't want to falsely accuse the wrong people."

there's no Liberal Media bias is there?????????

ever watch Carol Costello??? OMG what a trip she is!!!

to the guy below:
B.O. doesn't want to use the word terrorist when they do it to America. but it's ok to call it that when it happens in another country. Barry Obama is such a pvssy he makes Harry Reid look like Superman, Hercules and The Rock all rolled up in one.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 1242
Posted: 1/8/2015 12:42:50 PM
Posted by Maya_Revisited:
"...whilst i appreciate it suits your narrative to misrepresent facts...here are the facts for you..."

Incorrect.
The statement you shared only came after President Obama was shamed into using stronger TERRORIST language.

President Obama edited his description to call the murderous gunmen terrorists only after virtually all major world leaders properly (and instantly) used the correct term...terrorists. President Obama truly is a big chicken.
Why is he so afraid of Islamist thugs?
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 1243
Posted: 1/8/2015 1:52:19 PM

Terrorists are killing magazine writers in downtown Paris the other day...and yet President Obama can hardly bring himself to use the "T-word" that is so darn uncomfortable to him...

So he did call them terrorists, but according to POF's resident psychic and mind reader, he had trouble bringing himself to say it.

...Why does he have such a difficult time describing vicious killers who murder a dozen gentle innocents as what they truly are...terrorists?

Not sure, thought it might have to do with the fact regardless what he said you and your derp patrol would try to twist into something it is not.

So remember kids when the POTUS talks about racial tensions he should not be strong and forceful as that might incite violence, but when talking bad brown people he needs to be forceful.
 etourdi65
Msg: 1244
Posted: 1/8/2015 3:16:56 PM
I think what the poster was referring to was Obamas reluctance to label terrorist acts perpetrated by Muslim terrorists terroristc acts. His initial response to these acts is more telling than his later statements...remember Nidal hassan? Yelled allahu ahkbar while gunning down American soldiers..he had reached out to a radical Muslim cleric before the attack..Obamas response..workplace violence
 tgif111
Msg: 1245
Posted: 1/8/2015 3:38:32 PM
^^^^^^^^^^ see my comments on Obama's reluctance in msg 1365

he doesn't want to make waves but terrorists see it as weakness. brutal killers only respect power, might and strength and see Obama's gentle nature and non accusatory words as a flaw to be exploited.

in other words B.O. is a wussy.

and yes, B.O. DID falter from calling them what they are AT FIRST. then when he got the OK from other world leaders he said the word Terrorist.

Hillary Clinton has more balls than this wimp. even Michelle has more.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 1246
Posted: 1/8/2015 4:53:22 PM

he doesn't want to make waves but terrorists see it as weakness. brutal killers only respect power, might and strength and see Obama's gentle nature and non accusatory words as a flaw to be exploited.

You know CSI is not real right?
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 1247
Posted: 1/8/2015 5:18:24 PM
Posted by etourdi65:
"...I think what the poster was referring to was Obama's reluctance to label terrorist acts perpetrated by Muslim terrorists terroristic acts. His initial response to these acts is more telling than his later statements...remember Nidal Hassan? Yelled allahu ahkbar while gunning down American soldiers..he had reached out to a radical Muslim cleric before the attack..Obama's response...workplace violence..."

Correct.

Posted by tgif111:
"...and yes, B.O. DID falter from calling them what they are AT FIRST.
then when he got the OK from other world leaders he said the word Terrorist..."

Correct.

One wonders why President Obama struggles to say a simple sentence like:
"We must halt and eliminate Islamic terrorism wherever it exists. The United States of America stands with our allies. We will preserve freedom, security, and ensure American interests are safe throughout the world..."

That was a sentence that I created with less than fifteen seconds of thought.
He is the most powerful man in the world. Why is he so afraid of Islamic terrorist opinion about him?
What is it about Islam that is truly like kryptonite to him?
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 1248
Posted: 1/8/2015 5:42:35 PM

One wonders why President Obama struggles to say a simple sentence like:
"We must halt and eliminate Islamic terrorism wherever it exists. The United States of America stands with our allies. We will preserve freedom, security, and ensure American interests are safe throughout the world..."

You know you are going full Benghazi when you agree with what he says but not the way that he said it.

He is the most powerful man in the world. Why is he so afraid of Islamic terrorist opinion about him?
What is it about Islam that is truly like kryptonite to him?

Maybe he is fascinated by their nipples?
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 1249
Posted: 1/8/2015 5:47:24 PM

Correct.

So your original complaint was President Obama didn't use the word "terrorist"...now that you've been corrected by your own kind in that he did use the word "terrorist" your story changes to "he didn't say Islamist terrorist"

Well Becky, I read a quote by the French Prime Minister:

French President François Hollande has described a shooting that left 12 dead and several more wounded in Paris as a barbaric terrorist attack on Wednesday, saying the country faced a shock.

"This is a terrorist operation, by terrorists, against a newspaper that has been threatened several times - and that's why we have to give it the protection it needs," he said.

http://mashable.com/2015/01/07/paris-attack-reactions/

Well, neither did the French Prime Minister. Hmmm...Must be "Obama's Fault"
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 1250
Posted: 1/8/2015 5:59:00 PM
And... in on topic news...

The Republican effort to deregulate banking and finance... setting the pins up for another financial meltdown (at least they are consistent)... failed to pass the House... not that it ever would have passed the President's desk...
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Election 2014: Karma is a b!tch