Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Election 2014: Karma is a b!tch      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 1251
Election 2014: Karma is a b!tchPage 51 of 90    (50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90)
Looks like Harper's afraid, too. . . . Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper expressed sadness following the shooting.

I’m horrified by the barbaric attacks in France. Our thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families.
— Stephen Harper (@pmharper) January 7, 2015

http://abcnews.go.com/topics/news/world/prime-minister-stephen-harper.htm

And: http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2015/01/fox-news-paris-charlie-hebdo-terrorism-benghazi
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 1252
Election 2014: Karma is a b!tch
Posted: 1/8/2015 6:44:11 PM
I think Harper worded it pretty well....lets give thought to the victims and their families which is where my first thoughts went as well. Put the importance on the victims and their families way ahead of the words "terrorists" or "Islamic terrorists".

The Becky's are out in full force with their little woody's and giggling in glee with another tradefy just like they did with the Ferguson issues. They will masturbates with anticipation of another perceived word gaffe and sleep soundly knowing that they stood up for......just what, I don't know.
 cotter
Msg: 1253
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2015 6:47:11 PM
Message 1373 ...
Why is he so afraid of Islamic terrorist opinion about him?
Why should President Obama care what the terrorists think about him? If he cared or valued what the terrorists think, that would give the terrorists power.

Honestly, I would rather he not empower the "terrorists" in that way. I really don't care for all the "fear mongering" the teabaggers and Bushites are so popular for

Why do you place so much value on what the terrorists think?
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 1254
Posted: 1/8/2015 6:54:35 PM
The right individual for the job in these dangerous and pivotal times would be President Ronald W. Reagan.

When a person with his incredible vision, leadership, influence, fortitude, and magnetic personality reaches the national stage again...it will be wonderful for the United States of America.

Unlike our current President Barrack Hussein Obama, President Reagan W. Reagan truly loved the U.S.A.
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 1255
Posted: 1/8/2015 6:55:05 PM

So, the problem is that the President didn't say "terrorist" fast enough for Becky's liking?

Yeah... it's a "shallow end of the gene pool" thing...
 cotter
Msg: 1256
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2015 7:26:15 PM

The right individual for the job in these dangerous and pivotal times would be President Ronald W. Reagan.
Yeah ... as I recall, he's the one who put OBL in power! He'd be good for those "terrorists"!

ROTFLMFAO ... Oh ya ... let president "Alsheimer" sock it to the "terrorists" like he did "Mr. Gorbachev" and that wall (that was already on it's way down long before he ever muttered those ignorant words)! I still remember how we all laughed about that. The Germans haven't had such a good laugh since. That arrogant fool had no idea about Europe.
 tgif111
Msg: 1257
Posted: 1/8/2015 8:12:33 PM
did you overdose on your VAGISIL ms. cotter^^^^^^^^^^^^^or did a zombie eat your brain?

woobytoodsday
Msg: 1258
Posted: 1/8/2015 8:53:29 PM
The Genius of Ronald Reagan: Direct Quotes from the Gipper Himself

"Trees cause more pollution than automobiles do." -- Ronald Reagan, 1981

"A tree is a tree. How many more do you have to look at?" -- Ronald Reagan, 1966, opposing expansion of Redwood National Park as governor of California

"Abortion is advocated only by persons who have themselves been born. "

"I have flown twice over Mt St. Helens out on our west coast. I'm not a scientist and I don't know the figures, but I have a suspicion that that one little mountain has probably released more sulfur dioxide into the atmosphere of the world than has been released in the last ten years of automobile driving or things of that kind that people are so concerned about." -- Ronald Reagan, 1980. (Actually, Mount St. Helens, at its peak activity, emitted about 2,000 tons of sulfur dioxide per day, compared with 81,000 tons per day by cars.)

"Facts are stupid things." -- Ronald Reagan, 1988, a misquote of John Adams, "Facts are stubborn things."

"We think there is a parallel between federal involvement in education and the decline in profit over recent years." -- Ronald Reagan, 1983. (It's always good to run the Department of Education to make money.)

"Fascism was really the basis for the New Deal." Ronald Reagan, 1976, on his failed campaign for the Republican nomination. (Moron.)

"The best minds are not in government." -- Ronald Reagan. (Not in his government anyway.)

"You can't help those who simply will not be helped. One problem that we've had, even in the best of times, is people who are sleeping on the grates, the homeless who are homeless, you might say, by choice." -- President Reagan, 1/31/84, on Good Morning America, defending his administration against charges of callousness.

On 8/24/85 President Reagan tells an interviewer that the "reformist administration" of South African president P.W. Botha has made significant progress on the racial front. "They have eliminated the segregation that we once had in our own country," says the President, "the type of thing where hotels and restaurants and places of entertainment and so forth were segregated - that has all been eliminated." (In response to questions a few days later as to whether President Reagan actually thought racial segregation has been eliminated in South Africa, Larry Speakes said "Not totally, no.")

"The American Petroleum Institute filed suit against the EPA [and] charged that the agency was suppressing a scientific study for fear it might be misinterpreted... The suppressed study reveals that 80 percent of air pollution comes not from chimneys and auto exhaust pipes, but from plants and trees." Presidential candidate Ronald Reagan, in 1979. (There is no scientific data to support this assertion.)

http://www.allhatnocattle.net/reagan%20quotes.htm
 aj7125
Msg: 1259
Posted: 1/8/2015 9:22:42 PM
"Actually, Mount St. Helens, at its peak activity, emitted about 2,000 tons of sulfur dioxide per day, compared with 81,000 tons per day by cars.)"

An estimated 1.5 million metric tons of sulfur dioxide gas was discharged by Mount St. Helens during the explosive eruption of 18 May 1980. Thus, approximately 2 million metric tons of sulfur dioxide was released during the whole eruption sequence.
Msg: 1260
Posted: 1/8/2015 11:45:43 PM
An estimated 1.5 million metric tons of sulfur dioxide gas was discharged by Mount St. Helens during the explosive eruption of 18 May 1980. Thus, approximately 2 million metric tons of sulfur dioxide was released during the whole eruption sequence.

"I have flown twice over Mt St. Helens out on our west coast. I'm not a scientist and I don't know the figures, but I have a suspicion that that one little mountain has probably released more sulfur dioxide into the atmosphere of the world than has been released in the last ten years of automobile driving or things of that kind that people are so concerned about." -- Ronald Reagan, 1980. (Actually, Mount St. Helens, at its peak activity, emitted about 2,000 tons of sulfur dioxide per day, compared with 81,000 tons per day by cars.)

2 million metric tons = 2,204,622.62 short tons (US tons) Mt. St. Helens
81,000 x 365 x 10 = 295,650,000 short tons days x year x ten years Cars over ten years, Reagan's "claim"
29,565,000 short tons/year cars per year. . . .

Not by a very long shot, aj.
 Orione7
Msg: 1261
Posted: 1/9/2015 4:20:31 AM
Yes, Ronnie Nicaraguan death squad raygun. what better choice would there be.
Always ways to make rich wasps richer... about all he did.
 carleyrenee1
Msg: 1262
Posted: 1/9/2015 6:01:27 AM
from Maya

^^^ what a disgusting post! vagisil? seriously

But i dunno, there's personal, and then there's PERSONAL. Yannow?

That particular comment just seemed really low imo.

that man tgif111 has been insulted by this woman on other threads by saying his penis is short and that a woman dumped him because she couldn't find anything in his pants. other Democratic posters have likewise insulted him for being short or having something called short man syndrome (which does not exist) on numerous occasions. Democrats are the majority on here but rarely do they raise up and say enough is enough. wise up.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 1263
Posted: 1/9/2015 6:17:55 AM

Posted by CarleyRenee1:
"...that man tgif111 has been insulted by this woman on other threads by saying his penis is short and that a woman dumped him because she couldn't find anything in his pants. other Democratic posters have likewise insulted him for being short or having something called short man syndrome (which does not exist) on numerous occasions. Democrats are the majority on here but rarely do they raise up and say enough is enough. wise up..."

Excellent and wise observation above. You are absolutely correct with your analysis.
Liberals often employ this threadbare and utterly shopworn Saul Alinsky technique.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 1264
Posted: 1/9/2015 7:37:39 AM
Well Becky, what are we to do when you post lying craype like the, President didn't say the word "terrorist" and then, when you realized he did, change the game to he didn't say Islamist terrorist" (just like every other world leader who only said the word terrorist-like it really matters?) You call our President weak for a terrorist attack on foreign land when the last terrorist attack on American soil occurred with your guy in office.

When your corporate lacky senate leader lays GOP claim to jobs growth GDP growth, and stock market growth for a new congress that hadn't even taken office?

When one of the first proposals the new house makes is to reduce benefits to Social Security disability beneficiaries?

You small men make all these claims without one shred of fact or supportive documentation (and if you do you don't include the link to the document so we can see what neocon website you've used-while complaining about the sources we list.)

YOU guys employ shout down debating and have the nerve to complain when we use your tactics? Pfffft
 tgif111
Msg: 1265
Posted: 1/9/2015 7:47:29 AM

With all the republican obstructionism it is truly amazing the Obama administration has the economy doing so well-in spite of the current global slowdown.

now that the Republicans are in the majority Obama says his veto pen is at the ready.
touche'

IF the economy is doing well it is because of BUSH policies!!! if you guys can blame Bush for everything after 6 years we can have Bush take credit for any improvements!!!
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 1266
Posted: 1/9/2015 7:57:53 AM

IF the economy is doing well it is because of BUSH policies!!! if you guys can blame Bush for everything after 6 years we can have Bush take credit for any improvements!!!

This is the example of debating techniques YOU guys employ. No substance-just snark. It's speaks to the small minds that have no substance within.

I wonder why the GOP would lay claim to America's current economic condition with job growth that hasn't been seen since the Clinton administration? I though ACA was suppose to kill job growth and the Nation? Does that mean they no longer see ACA as a threat to job growth and destruction of our Nation?

now that the Republicans are in the majority Obama says his veto pen is at the ready.

Someone has to keep your corporate lacky leaders in check
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 1267
Posted: 1/9/2015 8:11:28 AM

Posted by tgif111:
"...Now that the Republicans are in the majority Obama says his veto pen is at the ready.
Touche..."

It will be interesting now that President Barack Hussein Obama does not have Senator Harry M. Reid running interference in nearly the same capacity as before. The American people have spoken and voted for change, for sure!
 tgif111
Msg: 1268
Posted: 1/9/2015 8:14:35 AM
correct Eric.
I heard he had to make a run to Staples to buy more ink for his pen.
he's planning on becoming the PRESIDENT OF NO.
The shoe will be on the other foot.

from BBIrish:

I wonder why the GOP would lay claim to America's current economic condition with job growth that hasn't been seen since the Clinton administration? I though ACA was suppose to kill job growth and the Nation?

according to a CBS Poll which is a LIBERAL organization, the only economic upturn has been for the TOP ONE PERCENT!!!!!

it says that nothing MUCH has changed but the lower gasoline prices will help put more money into the economy which could help. Gasoline prices (as we know) has little to do with any president nor has he control of.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/2015-top-seven-economic-questions/
 aj7125
Msg: 1269
Posted: 1/9/2015 9:09:21 AM
"An estimated 1.5 million metric tons of sulfur dioxide gas was discharged by Mount St. Helens during the explosive eruption of 18 May 1980. Thus, approximately 2 million metric tons of sulfur dioxide was released during the whole eruption sequence. "

^^^^^^wooby, the above is true, what you have posted is false, very false. I know you can't stand it if someone is not a liberal but you may want to read other publications other then the Huffington Post! Your post was false, what Reagan said was actually true.

On a side note, I lived thru that eruption and what I kind of thought as "cool" when it happened because of what it looked like I would never wish on anyone as far as the immense work it took to clear roads, houses roofs, etc. It was so heavy and even years later you could see ash blowing out of trees. The destruction was unbelievable and went up to the mountain weeks later and you could see a few vehicles buried in ash and some bodies were never found. Now the landscape around the mountain has come alive again with new growth of plants and trees and animals.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 1270
Posted: 1/9/2015 10:02:50 AM
AJ7125...a few years ago I was on business in Silicon Valley and took a flight to Portland, Oregon to visit friends.
We did lots of pedaling, hiking, and driving. When we got closer to Mount Saint Helens it was evident that it must have *really* looked like a moonscape in the entire region immediately after the volcanic explosion.

President Carter is a decent and compassionate man and he certainly loves the American people and our heritage.
While just a kid back in 1980, I do recall him responding appropriately to that natural disaster.
From an ecology standpoint, the total volume of ash and other "inner-earth" material must be a remarkable number.
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 1271
Posted: 1/9/2015 10:12:52 AM
You folks have to know that it doesn't matter if your dem, repub, right wing, left wing, liberal or conservative. This so called debate has been going on since our first election and has never accomplished squat. One party gets bragging rights till the next time they lose then it's the others turn.
Until people start becoming engaged in what the candidate stands for and determines thats the direction they as a voter want to go it will be the same ole same ole. Political affiliation be damned worry about the country.
Mandatory term limits? We already have that in place and it's the voting booth. Want to level the playing field start by limiting the amounts of money that can be "used" by candidates during an election and
everyone starts equal.
Make it mandatory that any legislation passed does not exempt federal employees or elected and appointed positions. If it affects us it should affect you as well.
I don't normally post in a political thread as all that happens is someone with an opposing view responds and it's tit for tat until someone gets tired of arguing and throwing "facts" back and forth.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 1272
Posted: 1/9/2015 1:23:12 PM
aj--I didn't dispute the USGS statement, I just converted metric tons (long tons, which the Brits use) to short tons (which the US uses). The difference isn't huge. MY SOURCE was AllHatNoCattle, which may or may not have used the Huffington Post as a source. I didn't. It does look like most of the wing-nut sites were working at proving HuffPo wrong.

Here's Reagan's quote, again: than has been released in the last ten years of automobile driving or things of that kind that people are so concerned about." -- Ronald Reagan, 1980.

Here's the source for the 81,000 tons/day of sulfur dioxide:
"All manmade emissions of sulfur dioxide in the entire country, per day, amount to 81,000 tons," said Bill Jacobson, a public information officer for the Engvironmental Protection Agency office in Seattle.

Jacobson said St. Helens' daily sulfur dioxide emissions range from 500 tons to 2,000 tons.

The Spokesman Review--October 9, 1980

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1314&dat=19801009&id=pU9OAAAAIBAJ&sjid=We4DAAAAIBAJ&pg=4881,4159347

Here is your base source (though which of the wing-nut blogs it came from, I don't hazard a guess): http://volcanoes.usgs.gov/activity/methods/gas/msh1980-88.php You'll note it includes date for 8 years after both Reagan's statement and the article in the Spokesman Review.

If you'll review my numbers, and show me *where* my calculations are off, I'll admit to being wrong. Until that time, I'll have to go with, I'm NOT wrong. And YOU are off by a very long shot, as are all the wing-nut blogs defending the stupidest president we've ever had.

Here's another:
"All the waste in a year from a nuclear power plant can be stored under a desk."--Ronald Reagan (Republican candidate for president), quoted in the Burlington (Vermont) Free Press, February 15, 1980. (In reality, the average nuclear reactor generates 30 tons of radioactive waste per year.)
This is kinda dear to my heart, as my daughter in law, a nuclear physicist, has pretty much spent her entire working career in aid of finding a safe place to dispose of that "box" of nuclear waste. . . .

cotter
Msg: 1273
view profile
History
Posted: 1/9/2015 1:58:22 PM

on the other hand there was the 39 yr old from POF on our first date who had 3 long island ice teas at dinner and then a few miles from her home ...................... and was groping me ......................... I dumped her off at her home

Yeah, she probably requested to be dropped off ... after she discovered what she was groping for ... wasn't there ...

LMAO ... big ego ... still won't make up for "short-comings".

that man tgif111 has been insulted by this woman on other threads by saying his penis is short...
I see your bias is interfering with your ability to read as well as your common sense!

I did not say his penis is short ... that is your interpretation.

...and that a woman dumped him because she couldn't find anything in his pants.
Note ... he is the one who bragged/claimed he dumped her! I did not say she dumped him.

I anticipate that any woman can only take so much of his bragging on himself and so I anticipate too, that she requested to be dropped off. In maintaining his standard (in pretty much any post he makes where women are just all over him and hot to trot for him), I have a feeling he couldn't allow us to even suspect that he got dumped, so it was easier for him to tell his story of the drunken, groping lady that he "dumped" off ... it's a pattern with him and inflated ego.

If you're savvy enough to find other posts I've posted, then you are certainly savvy enough to find posts where he brags on himself and how all the women are just falling all over him. Yeah right! Barf! It's been my experience that most men who have to brag on themselves like that are pretty much "undesirable" ... which explains his rhetoric in the political and off topic forums. It's just as undesirable!

He doesn't really do any research to back up any of the derp he posts ... just comes in here and rants on and on about how bad we're doing under this administration ... pretty much makes it up as he goes or just regurgitates Faux News Diarrhea at us. Nothing desirable about that either.

We need to dare him to post one news-worthy statement and post the link where he got it in order to back it up. I doubt he can do it.

Example ... he's constantly posting BS about President Obama playing so much golf ... but apparently had no problem with G"W" and all the vacation days and golf outings he took.

other Democratic posters have likewise insulted him for being short or having something called short man syndrome (which does not exist) on numerous occasions.
I don't know anything about that. That must be your personal interpretation of things just as you were "reading in" to things I was posting.

Democrats are the majority on here but rarely do they raise up and say enough is enough. wise up.
Listen ... the teabaggers are pretty nasty and snotty on here and have said some pretty bad things about many of the other posters (myself included) and even when some have been banned or their profiles discontinued, they still come back in here and continue with it.

I haven't noticed that there are any more Democrats than usual in here. In the past, the teabagger dirtbags have managed to get most of the Democrats banned with their trolling and flame baiting.

Yep ... it's not too difficult to tell who the "Becky's" are in here.

carleyrenee1 ... if you're going to back him up and all the shyt he posts ... maybe you need to be sure you know what you're backing up!

Of course, maybe you'll get lucky and he'll have you over to the house and you can sit with him in his Medieval living room or perhaps his Victorian living room ... where you can sample some of the 22 different bottles of alcohol from his Italian liquor cart. LMAO .. if you're really lucky, he might just take you to Florida with him.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 1274
Posted: 1/9/2015 2:02:43 PM
CC--you're right, it IS frustrating to watch. I've been involved politically since I first canvassed for my father, just home from his war, and running for the state Senate. My parents were, both, until the day they died, very active, boots on the ground, people. We had precinct caucuses in our living room of which my parents were the only attenders. My mother was an election judge for more years than I can tell you, and I've put my own boots on the ground for a number of candidates over the years. I especially love voting in the primaries where I figure my vote is worth at least five (the other four sitting at home!).

Where I'd disagree is that parties don't matter. What each party is after, what each works for is vitally important. I wish we had a viable third party. We don't. I wish we had control over political spending. We don't.

In 1968, I voted for Eugene McCarthy. Not only in the primaries, but also in the general. I wrote him in. And Nixon won. And we're still dealing with the supreme court he created. I read somewhere, long ago, that it takes the Supreme Court nearly 50 years to shake the rulings of any year's decisions. I believe that's optimistic. So whenever I get too p1ssed at the weevils I'm offered, I try to remember my personal mantra-- Supremes, Supremes, Supremes. And then go ahead and vote for the lesser of the two weevils.

And yes, sometimes, one does create the change one is looking for. Back when I was working on behalf of Howard Dean, I'd gathered up, and turned about 8 peeps. They're still friends, and still voting Democrat, so I know it's doable.

woobytoodsday
Msg: 1275
Posted: 1/9/2015 3:48:35 PM

having something called short man syndrome (which does not exist)

Seems it *does* exist. . . .

Yes, Short Man Syndrome is a real thing
Jan 31st 2014 9:37AM Comments

Apparently size does matter ... when it comes to a man's stature.

Through the world of virtual reality, British researchers were able to 'shrink' men for their experiment, shaving 10 inches off their height. Then, they subjected them to interaction with other people.

The shorter men felt inferior, and that led to a lack of trust. The Oxford University academics behind the study made sure the men were not treated any differently in the role-playing situations, regardless of their height.

The Telegraph reports that shorter men also felt heightened levels of fear and paranoia. The 'height-reduced' participants thought people were talking negatively about them even when that wasn't the case.

That lack of self-esteem was all in their heads.

http://www.aol.com/article/2014/01/31/yes-short-man-syndrome-is-a-real-thing/20820314/

I think a bigger problem is that he's just so un-bright that he hasn't even a klew as to what/how bright people converse. So one gets stuff like *this*-->

W has more testosterone in one fart than B.O. has in a 1000 of his testicles.

How does one even begin to think about parsing this? Republicans have sexy farts? Black men have more than the regulation amount of balls? Maybe it *feels* that way to some. . . . In any case, "derp" hardly begins to cover it.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Election 2014: Karma is a b!tch