Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Election 2014: Karma is a b!tch      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 1301
Election 2014: Karma is a b!tchPage 53 of 90    (50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90)
I see you intelligence level has fallen to that of a ....21 year old or less. Be careful, it only gets worse. Juvenile thoughts are popping into your little teacup brain.

You do realize that a few countries have a national healthcare plan and they haven't fallen apart. I'm sure many democrats dislike Sharpton too, I know I don't like him. And I wonder what smart person the republicans will put forth for the next election, insure hope it's not that Mensa member Palin or another idiot Bush. You know, republicans golf too.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 1302
Election 2014: Karma is a b!tch
Posted: 1/10/2015 5:49:35 PM
Love it!!

Community college free for two years? What a great way to even the playing field for those who are willing to work hard. There is nothing more fundamentally American than opportunity for hard work.

The latest idea by the president is another body blow to the new Republican controlled Congress, who believed that this week was going to be their victory lap. (The Republican victory lap has so far consisted of getting mired in a racism scandal and passing a bill that the president is certain to veto.) Once again, President Obama is two steps ahead of his opponents. Republicans are left on the defensive and wondering what this president will hit them with next.

http://www.politicususa.com/2015/01/08/president-obama-unveils-plan-2-years-community-college-free.html
 carleyrenee1
Msg: 1303
Posted: 1/10/2015 6:07:36 PM
Hey Tom, that's a fun game you made up. i like your sense of humor. i saw that you made me a favorite so that's cool.

the Cowboys are my team and you look like Tony Romo so if you want to hang out at BW3's in Hermitage to watch the game at 1pm we can cheer on the 'Boys and talk some. we'll play rock, scissors and paper to decide who buys the first round! Lol

it's about a 25 minute drive for me so not too bad. POF won't let us write so.........let me know!! ;)
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 1304
Posted: 1/10/2015 6:35:01 PM
^^^^^
This sound rehearsed to anyone else?
 tgif111
Msg: 1305
Posted: 1/10/2015 8:08:15 PM
Carley i'll have a female friend who is not prohibited from writing to you get you my contact info.
 tgif111
Msg: 1306
Posted: 1/11/2015 5:56:21 AM
Speaking of liars here's Obama's top ten lies:

1. Americans want higher taxes: During the debate over raising the debt ceiling, President Obama said that 80% of Americans support including higher taxes as part of the deal. But a Rasmussen poll taken the same week showed that only 34% believe a tax hike should be included in a debt-ceiling agreement.

2. Mother denied health insurance: During his presidential campaign, Obama said that his mother died of cancer after being denied coverage for a preexisting condition. He used her image in a campaign ad, repeated the claim in debates, and used the same rhetoric as President when he tried to sell ObamaCare to the American people. But a new book by New York Times reporter Janny Scott says that Obama’s mother, Ann Dunham, had health insurance through her employer and was only denied disability insurance.

3. Tax restraint for middle and lower class: Obama pledged during his campaign and throughout his presidency not to raise taxes on families making less than $250,000. But ObamaCare’s individual mandate will hit many under the $250,000 mark. (Obama’s own Justice Department said the mandate was a tax, not a penalty, when it argued its constitutionality.) Not to mention a higher federal cigarette tax and countless other “fees” in the health care law that hit the middle and lower class.

4. Shovel-ready jobs: When Obama was selling his $787 billion stimulus package, he consistently bragged about how shovel-ready construction jobs would be funded across the nation. Even the President later admitted that was a lie, when he told the New York Times: “There’s no such thing as shovel-ready projects.”

5. Keep your doctor: President Obama repeatedly pledged that under his health care measure, Americans would be able to keep their doctors. However, with rising costs, many employers will dump their health care plans and force workers into the state health care exchanges (unless you belong to one of the unions getting ObamaCare waivers.) A survey by McKinsey & Company found that more than 30% of companies will discontinue coverage for their workers.

6. No lobbyists: During the 2008 presidential campaign, Obama said: “We have the chance to tell all those corporate lobbyists that the days of them setting the agenda in Washington are over. … I don’t take a dime of their money, and when I am President, they won’t find a job in my White House.” At least a dozen former lobbyists got top jobs in his administration at the beginning of his presidency, according to Politico, and National Public Radio reported the Obama administration was granting waivers to lobbyists to circumvent the ban.

7. Foreign money in campaigns: During his 2010 State of the Union address, and again during the 2010 midterm elections, Obama railed against foreign money influencing U.S. elections. The only problem was that there was no evidence to support the charge or, as Supreme Court Justice Samuel Alito, in the State of the Union audience, silently mouthed, “Not true.”

8. Arizona immigration law: During the battle over Arizona’s immigration law, President Obama said: “Now suddenly if you don’t have your papers and you took your kid out to get ice cream, you can be harassed, that’s something that could potentially happen.” Uh, actually, Mr. President, it couldn’t. The law would allow law enforcement officials to inquire about immigration status only when there is suspicion of a crime being committed.

9. Transparency: Obama pledged that transparency would be a top priority, but his administration refused to grant one-third of the Freedom of Information Act requests, according to an Associated Press analysis. He also was dishonest about transparency when he said that health-care negotiations would be televised on C-SPAN and that he would wait five days to sign a bill so people would have a chance to read it online.

10. Constitutional oath: During his January 2009 inauguration, Barack Obama pledged to “preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States,” yet he has consistently ignored the 10th Amendment giving powers not enumerated in the Constitution to the states. Exhibit No. 1: ObamaCare.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 1307
Posted: 1/11/2015 6:04:46 AM
Why do people have so little faith in the magic of POF that two people might meet for a drink in Florida?
I will bet a million dollars people (even from different locations) have gotten together for an innocent meeting.
 tgif111
Msg: 1308
Posted: 1/11/2015 6:25:24 AM
For all my fans:
I've just put up a new photo of myself as I appeared in the Youngstown filmed Zombie movie "THE ZOMBINATOR". the music video is called Shots On Me Springwood on YouTube. i'm in the yellow shirt dancing and drinking shots in front and at 3 min 40 seconds I am the featured zombie who gets his neck sliced open. please rent the movie.

I actually like Joe Biden a lot better than B. Hussein O. because he came from Harrisburg, a mill town and I worked in a union steel mill for 30 years. you gotta love Uncle Joe but here's his gaffes:

-- On Oct. 2, 2014, Vice President Biden, while speaking at Harvard University's John F. Kennedy School of Government, touched off a diplomatic incident after he sounded off on U.S. allies in the fight against the Islamic State -- suggesting they heedlessly gave arms and money to extremists.

"The Turks ... the Saudis, the Emiratis, etc. What were they doing?" he said. "They were so determined to take down [Syrian President Bashar] Assad and essentially have a proxy Sunni-Shia war."

Biden afterward apologized to top officials in Turkey and the United Arab Emirates.

During the same event, Biden also replied to a question from a student who identified himself as the vice president of the student body. "Isn't it a b-tch?" Biden responded. "Excuse me...the vice president thing."

-- On Sept. 16, 2014, Biden, while speaking at an event in Washington, D.C., recalled how when his son was serving in Iraq, troops spoke about the tough housing market back home in the U.S. "People would come up to him and talk about what was happening to them at home in terms of foreclosures, in terms of bad loans ... I mean, these Shylocks who took advantage of these women and men while overseas."

Shylocks is considered an offensive term for Jews by some groups. Biden later apologized for the remarks.

-- On Aug. 14, 2012, Biden told a Virginia crowd, Mitt Romney's plan would "put y'all back in chains."

-- On April 26, 2012, Biden tried to riff on President Theodore Roosevelt's famous quote “Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far," by saying, "I promise you, the president has a big stick. I promise you."

-- On Aug. 1, 2011, as a follow up to Democratic Rep. Mike Doyle suggesting that dealing with Tea Party and fiscal conservatives was like negotiating with terrorists, Biden reportedly piled on by saying, “They have acted like terrorists.”

-- On June 26, 2010, Biden called the manager of a custard shop outside of Milwaukee a "smartass" after the man asked him to lower taxes. Biden made the comment after the Kopp’s Frozen Custard shop manager told him that his dessert would be on the house if he lowered taxes. "Why don’t you say something nice instead of being a smartass all the time?" Biden said a few minutes later.

-- On March 23, 2010, an open microphone caught Biden saying, "This is a big f---ing deal" to President Obama during a Washington signing ceremony for the president's health care law.

-- On July 16, 2009, Vice President Biden gave a blunt summation of the administration's approach to stimulus spending: "People, when I say that, look at me and say, 'What are you talking about, Joe? You're telling me we have to go spend money to keep from going bankrupt?" he said at a stop in Virginia. "The answer is yes."

-- On July 5, 2009, in an interview with ABC's "This Week," Biden conceded that the White House team "misread how bad the economy was." His confession came as unemployment hit 9.5 percent, despite the administration's insistence that it would hold to 8 percent with the stimulus plan.

-- On April 30, 2009, Biden gave advice on dealing with swine flu that seemed to contradict President Obama's warning not to panic. Speaking on NBC's "Today," Biden, a longtime Amtrak rider who has commuted for decades daily from Delaware to Washington, D.C., said he wouldn't advise family necessarily against going to Mexico, the source of the H1N1 outbreak, but he wouldn't tell them to get into any small area like a subway car, automobile, classroom or airplane.
 kj521
Msg: 1309
Posted: 1/11/2015 6:50:16 AM
Well, Eric....I can't take that bet because I am sure they have.

It only makes sense as Florida is not only an international and national vacation destination but also hosts a plethera of work related conventions and conferences.

And I let my northern friends in on a little secret.....if you like mojitos? We always have fresh mint! :)
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 1310
Posted: 1/11/2015 7:34:01 AM

And I let my northern friends in on a little secret.....if you like mojitos? We always have fresh mint! :)

Just an FYI, many Northerns like myself who have been to Florida more than once, also know why Fark.com gives you guys your own unique tag.
 kj521
Msg: 1311
Posted: 1/11/2015 7:51:22 AM
Frank.....Al?? (we really do need to come to a decision on that)

Florida is not for everyone.

Speaking as a long time resident......thank you for coming.....spending money......and leaving. Several times too! :)

And you can still call me Betty : D
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 1312
Posted: 1/11/2015 7:52:50 AM
Some guys make up girlfriends to impress the other guys on their football team. It seems tgif Tom has to make up profiles to stroke his little ego. How sad and pathetic. People ignore his posts, his rants and now small man/small penis has an entire world of make believe. too bad he spent time creating a fake girl, time would have been better spent creating an intelligent man.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 1313
Posted: 1/11/2015 8:17:53 AM
Posted by KJ521:
"...It only makes sense as Florida is not only an international and national vacation destination but also hosts a plethera of work related conventions and conferences..."

You are onto a good business and social idea.

Not only is Florida famous for pleasant people and agreeable weather...it is also well-known for delicious fare like unique panko-crusted sauteed asparagus, spicy chicken, and a variety of other food. Try those dishes when out. People should embrace Florida for work, pleasure, or both. It is a fine destination, especially during these colder winter months.
 _babblefish
Msg: 1314
Posted: 1/11/2015 8:58:51 AM
You are onto a good business and social idea.

Not only is Florida famous for pleasant people and agreeable weather...it is also well-known for delicious fare like unique panko-crusted sauteed asparagus, spicy chicken, and a variety of other food. Try those dishes when out. People should embrace Florida for work, pleasure, or both. It is a fine destination, especially during these colder winter months.

yee haw let's embrace the swing er state for it's football, sex, and over browned bimbos, the humidity, extreme high temps, high crime rate, i hear it also has the highest pedophile rate! . . the meth labs (keepin' with the high
theme)

great state if you want to discard your toddler, like casey anthony, or the guy who threw his kid off a bridge the other day. . go pro birth

did i mention the bugs and bad drivers?

*tom/carley . . it's like the love boat around here, awesome *stares
 cotter
Msg: 1315
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2015 9:15:00 AM
Message 1438 ...
I actually like ..... B. Hussein O.
I'm not sure about the reason for drawing attention to the president's middle name ... except perhaps to showboat the poster's racist phobias ... and it's a big possibility (more like for sure) he doesn't realize that "Hussein" translates into something quite nice. It's actually quite honorable to be using his name like that. But I bet that's not why the poster is doing it.

Hussein is an Arabic name which is the diminutive of Hassan, meaning "good "handsome" or "beautiful". It is commonly given as a male given name, particularly among Shias. In some Persian sources the forms ?osayn, Hosayn, or Hossein is used. On the Subcontinent or South Asia, the form used is "Hussain" or "Hossain" in the Bengal region.

It is from the Semitic word, hasan, meaning “good” or “handsome".

This name was not used in the pre-Islamic period, and is recorded to have been first used by the Islamic prophet Muhammad when he named his grandson Husayn ibn Ali, saying he had been commanded to do so by the archangel Gabriel.

According to the Jewish Encyclopedia, Gabriel takes the form of a man, and stands at the left hand of God.

According to the Quran, God sent the Quran to the Islamic prophet Muhammad through His angel Gabriel ...
Gabriel is named numerous times in the Quran.

In Muslim tradition, Gabriel is considered one of the primary archangels.

Soooo .... not sure why the poster is going out of his way to emphasize our president's middle name ... but it certainly is a good way to honor him.

OT ...
Personally, I'm a big fan of Elizabeth Warren and would love to see her run for President.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 1316
Posted: 1/11/2015 9:15:13 AM
Posted by _babblefish:
"...the humidity, extreme high temps..."

It trends warmer than most states, yet certainly not always, as Floridians do experience chilly conditions.

My bet is a woman in the central Florida area is likely wearing a calf-length sweater now as opposed to a sundress.
One would probably need to visit a lively Key West hurricane party to ensure really warm weather!
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 1317
Posted: 1/11/2015 9:40:03 AM
So when you are wondering who people like some of the GOP can really fool people in to believing their bullsh*t you do not have to look much further than this:

Mike Huckabee Emails Ad On Secret Biblical Cancer Cure
posted on Jan. 8, 2015, at 10:46 a.m. Andrew Kaczynski

http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski/mike-huckabee-still-sending-out-emails-with-really-questiona#.vyxeb9DmvM

It is one thing to suck money out of stupid people, but this takes it to a new low.

What is next, is one of Huckabees' kid gonna kill a dog for fun and have his dad use his influence to cover it up?
 tgif111
Msg: 1318
Posted: 1/11/2015 10:00:04 AM
It is one thing to suck money out of stupid people, but this takes it to a new low.

I agree that Obama is sucking tax money out of working class citizens so he can take care of the Kardashian Society know nothings and the disability insurance program is going BROKE because of all the liars who are on disability.

from TPM

"Everybody's been talking about entitlement reform. Mr. Boehner and President Obama were pretty close to coming up with some kind of grand bargain, which ultimately fell apart," Tom Hungerford, senior economist at the liberal Economic Policy Institute, told TPM.

oh gee they were "pretty close" and then BO waved his veto pen. here's more.......

For their part, congressional Republicans were fairly transparent about their thinking. Rep. Tom Reed (R-NY), who has been outspoken on the disability program, co-sponsored the rule amendment. The disability program has been a favored target for the GOP; members were warning last month that the program could be vulnerable to fraud.

REALLY????? YOU MEAN THERE MAY BE ONE OR TWO KARDASHIANS FAKING IT?????

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/social-security-di-house-rules-change

FROM YRUE LIBERAL NEXUS

ELIZABETH WARREN
Elizabeth Warren’s Lies Catching Up With Her

Elizabeth Warren, Democrat candidate for Senate in Massachusetts, can’t shake free of unflattering revelations from her past. First to be exposed was her unverified claim to be a Cherokee, which upset actual Cherokees and raised ethical questions. Then came accusations from fellow academics that Warren had fudged data for a book, followed by the discovery that the former mortgage fraud czarina had herself made a tidy profit flipping foreclosed homes. Now comes the shocking news that, not only did Warren represent a string of big businesses in cases against workers, she seems to have been practicing law for over a decade without a license.

http://trueliberalnexus.wordpress.com/2012/09/28/elizabeth-warrens-lies-catching-up-with-her/
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 1319
Posted: 1/11/2015 10:16:24 AM

I agree that Obama is sucking tax money out of working class citizens so he can take care of the Kardashian Society know nothings and the disability insurance program is going BROKE because of all the liars who are on disability.

Not sure if really that stupid or just a troll.

For their part, congressional Republicans were fairly transparent about their thinking. Rep. Tom Reed (R-NY), who has been outspoken on the disability program, co-sponsored the rule amendment. The disability program has been a favored target for the GOP; members were warning last month that the program could be vulnerable to fraud.

Yes much like there was not actual evidence of voter fraud but there was a chance so changes needed to be made to stop something that never actually happened.

Because thinking that the GOP trying to kill social security is a good thing, show both a failure at economics and basically life in general.
 ohenryx
Msg: 1320
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2015 10:45:05 AM

tgif111
-- On Sept. 16, 2014, Biden, while speaking at an event in Washington, D.C., recalled how when his son was serving in Iraq, troops spoke about the tough housing market back home in the U.S. "People would come up to him and talk about what was happening to them at home in terms of foreclosures, in terms of bad loans ... I mean, these Shylocks who took advantage of these women and men while overseas."

Shylocks is considered an offensive term for Jews by some groups. Biden later apologized for the remarks.

Interesting, I did not know that “shylock” was offensive to Jews. I had to go look it up. It is impossible these days to avoid giving offense occasionally.

-- On April 26, 2012, Biden tried to riff on President Theodore Roosevelt's famous quote “Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far," by saying, "I promise you, the president has a big stick. I promise you."

The only thing wrong with this statement is your dirty mind. The POTUS (President of the United States) is the most powerful person in the world. Period. He has more power than ANYONE else in the world, and that was true when George W was President just as it is true now for Obama.

-- On Aug. 1, 2011, as a follow up to Democratic Rep. Mike Doyle suggesting that dealing with Tea Party and fiscal conservatives was like negotiating with terrorists, Biden reportedly piled on by saying, “They have acted like terrorists.”

I actually agree with that statement. And I’m sure I don’t need to tell you why.

-- On July 16, 2009, Vice President Biden gave a blunt summation of the administration's approach to stimulus spending: "People, when I say that, look at me and say, 'What are you talking about, Joe? You're telling me we have to go spend money to keep from going bankrupt?" he said at a stop in Virginia. "The answer is yes."

A truthful, accurate statement. Why do you have a problem with it?
 tgif111
Msg: 1321
Posted: 1/11/2015 11:00:43 AM
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/dec/9/obama-approval-rating-hits-39-percent-new-poll/

The Washington Times Poll for last month says B.O.'s approval rating is at 39%

most of the country thinks he's doing a poor job.

the 39% may be the Kardashian Society's low information voters or they may be the top 1% of earners who have done exceptionally well under the community organizer/golfer in chief.

the unemployment rate for blacks is 11.5%
he's failing that minority who so identify with him as Obama is half white and half black.

B.O. stinks
 tinkerbellcgy
Msg: 1322
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2015 11:06:20 AM

tgif111

ohenryx:
Interesting, I did not know that “shylock” was offensive to Jews. I had to go look it up. It is impossible these days to avoid giving offense occasionally.

Apparently no one told William Shakespeare that he was not politically correct in using the word/term "Shylock" when he had his character named Shylock speak the famous lines "...and not a pound of flesh" [sic] in the Merchant of Venice.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 1323
Posted: 1/11/2015 11:28:40 AM

know nothings and the disability insurance program is going BROKE because of all the liars who are on disability.

The only know nothings are the ones who's only source of news is FOX Entertainment:

From Carolyn Colvin before the House Ways and Means Committee:

Overall, our SSDI payments are highly accurate. Our most recent data show that, in FY 2010, 99.3 percent of all SSDI payments were free of an overpayment

http://www.ssa.gov/legislation/testimony_012412.html

For those teabaggers who don't know what SSDI overpayment is...it's paying more than someone is entitled to.

In addition:

Social Security, like any government program, inevitably leaves the door open to some degree of fraud. The government knows this and has already taken steps to avoid it; recently the Government Accountability Office conducted a study on potentially improper SSDI payments and recommended that the Social Security Administration “assess the costs and feasibility of establishing a mechanism to detect potentially disqualifying earnings.” Nevertheless, the Republican claim is greatly exaggerated. In fact, the United States’ standards for beneficiary eligibility rank among the most stringent in the developed world, and a majority of applicants to the program are ultimately denied the benefits they seek

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/118888/social-security-disability-insurance-solvency-2014-campaigns

But, don't tell Darrell Issa, the belle of Benghazi, or FOX Entertainment this...
 tgif111
Msg: 1324
Posted: 1/11/2015 11:55:28 AM
The New Republic has been a liberal American magazine of commentary on politics and the arts published since 1914, with major influence on American political and cultural thinking.

He tells us not to watch Fox News then quotes articles from The New Republic, a LIBERAL AND PROGRESSIVE RAG.

duh
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 1325
Posted: 1/11/2015 12:04:02 PM

Apparently no one told William Shakespeare that he was not politically correct in using the word/term "Shylock" when he had his character named Shylock speak the famous lines "...and not a pound of flesh" [sic] in the Merchant of Venice.

Well... I suppose that might be... because Shakespeare essentially "invented" the name... There is no prior recorded usage... before The Merchant of Venice...

And... interestingly... none of the major dictionaries list it as an "antisemitic" slur... not Oxford, Collins, Merriam-Webster, Macmillan... none of them...

In reality... the element of "antisemitism"... derives from the specific way any particular actor plays the character... when acting in the play... The role can be played "stereotypically"... which would add the potential for an antisemitic portrayal... or it can be played sympathetically... as an honest, fair and justified character hampered by the realities of his times... There certainly is no consensus as to what Shakespeare... himself... actually intended with the character...

It seems... it is "antisemitic" only to those who oh so desperately want it to be... like those racists upset over a BLACK man in the WHITE House... for example...

Social Security, like any government program, inevitably leaves the door open to some degree of fraud. The government knows this and has already taken steps to avoid it; recently the Government Accountability Office conducted a study on potentially improper SSDI payments and recommended that the Social Security Administration “assess the costs and feasibility of establishing a mechanism to detect potentially disqualifying earnings.” Nevertheless, the Republican claim is greatly exaggerated. In fact, the United States’ standards for beneficiary eligibility rank among the most stringent in the developed world, and a majority of applicants to the program are ultimately denied the benefits they seek

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/118888/social-security-disability-insurance-solvency-2014-campaigns

But, don't tell Darrell Issa, the belle of Benghazi, or FOX Entertainment this...

Except... that bold part... is where the problem lies... for the racist conservative... In their minds... there can be NO opportunity... for any kind of fraud whatsoever... not even one dimes worth... because... without the "iron clad guarantee" of "not even one dime to fraud"... the door is left wide open for all those lazy minorities to "live high off the hog"... on the taxes of racist conservatives... and that just won't do...
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Election 2014: Karma is a b!tch