Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Election 2014: Karma is a b!tch      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 kj521
Msg: 1401
Election 2014: Karma is a b!tchPage 57 of 90    (50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90)
For me....the non attendance of our President, Vice President or Secretary of State at this Unity march has more to do with our nation's character or lack thereof that has been conveyed. At that moment in history, we had the opportunity to show the World our compassion, integrity, committment and stedfast loyality to our allies.....instead.....our President's schedule shows where his priorities lie.

I, as a usually proud American citizen, was ashamed and embarrassed by our lack of representation. And I am amazed that this is not felt by the entire political spectrum.....but I guess it is just par for the course with the current divisive political climate.

But tomorrow is a new day.....and if we are lucky and Hilary is elected we will get to experience a whole new style of leadership with her "smart power" and "empathy for our enemies"! :)
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 1402
Election 2014: Karma is a b!tch
Posted: 1/12/2015 3:17:19 PM

whatta Putz!

Why do you keep complementing Irish on his penis...? Are you "fishing"...?
 aj7125
Msg: 1403
Posted: 1/12/2015 3:25:41 PM
"empathy for our enemies"! :)...........Yes, just one more thing that will defeat Hillary. They just keep adding up.
 tgif111
Msg: 1404
Posted: 1/12/2015 3:29:26 PM
mungo jerry

Why do you keep complementing Irish on his penis...? Are you "fishing"...?

if I were fishing for Irish i'd only end up catching the crabs!!!

_mungojoe_
Msg: 1405
Posted: 1/12/2015 3:33:27 PM
At that moment in history, we had the opportunity to show the World our compassion, integrity, committment and stedfast loyality to our allies....

Some do need to show off... go trolling for compliments... and make a big show of "Aren't we just so special"... Rub it in peoples' faces... This just seems to piss other people off... but still they insist on doing so...

Others prefer the low key approach... quiet resolve, humility and grace... with no need to "wear it on their sleeve"... that kind of thing... Most people tend to appreciate this more... probably because most people don't like having others' self aggrandizing egotism shoved in their face...

I, as a usually proud American citizen, was ashamed and embarrassed by our lack of representation. And I am amazed that this is not felt by the entire political spectrum.....

Not surprising... You probably wouldn't fit in well in France... given that they aren't bothered by it... What was it they said again...? Oh... yeah...

Gerard Araud, the French ambassador to the United States, ... "From the French side," he said, there are "no hard feelings."

I guess we now know what quiet resolve, humility and grace gets you from your friends...

Of course... if one is going to rant about commitment and steadfast loyalty... it does help to know enough about the concepts to at least be able to spell the words correctly... Otherwise... it doesn't inspire much belief and confidence...

Kind of reminds me of that old line... "Yesturda I cudn't even spel 'managure'. Now I are one"...
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 1406
Posted: 1/12/2015 3:35:32 PM
CNN also had the youngest audience in cable news, with a median age of 58, compared to 61 for MSNBC and 68 for Fox. http://www.mediaite.com/tv/2014-cable-news-ratings-cnn-beats-msnbc-in-primetime-demo-fox-still-1/

Priceless--Faux has the same problem the Republican party does: its viewers (voters) are simply gonna die off. . . . But may also explain why they get away with so much: its viewers simply can't see, hear, understand what's going on.
 HondoGal
Msg: 1407
Posted: 1/12/2015 3:35:49 PM
Countries in Europe being overrun by Islamists need to take a very harsh stand and outlaw sharia law and immediately use their military to wipe out any and all of this bullchit. These countries and the U.S. should also stop any welfare to anyone who is Muslim. These savages mean to kill us and take over. “Islamic State terrorists have beheaded four children who refused to convert to Islam according to the British Vicar of Baghdad, Canon Andrew White”.

751 "no-go" zones exist in France today. These "no-go" zones are areas in France that the French state does not control. These areas are Muslim-dominated neighborhoods. Non-Muslims dare not step foot into the areas.

French rulings and law enforcement hold no bar in the no-go zones. They aren't even allowed in. The host-countries have lost control over the "no-go" zones. Public aid can't even infiltrate to help when needed.

Seine-Saint-Denis experiences frequent acts of violence, riots, fires and shootings everyday by large gangs of the Muslim youth.

"The ZUS exist not only because Muslims wish to live in their own areas according to their own culture and their own Sharia laws, but also because organized crime wants to operate without the judicial and fiscal interference of the French state," explained Paul Belien of Brussels Journal. "In France, Shariah law and mafia rule have become almost identical."
http://www.catholic.org/news/international/europe/story.php?id=58341

Choudary on Sharia for UK and USA 
Feb. 04, 2013
This is one time our elected leaders should pay attention to the advice of Vladimir Putin….
How scary is that?
On February 4th, 2013, Vladimir Putin, the Russian president, addressed the Duma,
(Russian Parliament),and gave a speech about the tensions with minorities in Russia:

“In Russia live Russians. Any minority, from anywhere, if it wants to live in Russia, to 
work and eat in Russia, should speak Russian, and should respect the Russian laws. If 
they prefer Sharia Law, then we advise them to go to those places where that’s the state 
law. Russia does not need minorities. Minorities need Russia, and we will not grant them 
special privileges, or try to change our laws to fit their desires, no matter how loud they 
yell ‘discrimination’. We better learn from the suicides of America, England, Holland and France, if we are to survive as a nation. The Russian customs and traditions are not 
compatible with the lack of culture or the primitive ways of most minorities. When this 
honorable legislative body thinks of creating new laws, it should have in mind the 
national interest first, observing that the minorities are not Russians.”

I heard Obama talking on the radio the other day and he definitely used the 'T' word.~ robaustralia

Yes, President Obama did use “terrorists” when referring to the murderous cowards who massacred 14 persons. However, Aj125 said that Obama will never use the word “Islamists”; he is correct.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 1408
Posted: 1/12/2015 3:36:02 PM
Liberals are sounding very angry in the Off-Topic forum and especially the past fifty-eight or so pages of this thread.
The amount of rage spewing from Liberals makes me think there are significant physical ailments also in play.
With that in mind, I direct Liberals to embrace the following urgent improvements for longevity, health, and well-being:

* Reduce amount of red meat in your diets by 75% and replace with chicken, fish, or protein supplements
* Sodium intake can be reduced by at least 50%
* Exercise WAY more. It is evident by pics most Liberals often skip exercise (except HFX_RGB, he looks healthy)
* Aim to drink at least eight (8) glasses of chilled water daily
* Greatly reduce alcohol consumption as evidenced by Liberal big red noses and big leathery ears
* Practice deep breathing exercises and step outside for fresh air at least four times daily
* Supplement your diets with multivitamins and complete antioxidants

Embracing better health habits can start today.
Liberals are looking overweight. That is especially dangerous for your cardiac health.

If not for yourself, you should aim to improve your health for your families.
I know your doctors have said this to you many times, yet it helps to hear it from a friend.
Employ a blend of cardiovascular exercise coupled with weight-training for optimal benefit.

GOOD LUCK and FEEL BETTER!
 HondoGal
Msg: 1409
Posted: 1/12/2015 3:41:40 PM
^^^^^^ LoL, you are soo clever; Obviously, they have too time on their hands.
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 1410
Posted: 1/12/2015 3:52:30 PM

751 "no-go" zones exist in France today.

OMG... the paranoid pathological liars are out in force today...

Claim: A number of localities in the United States, France, and Britain are considered Muslim "no-go zones" (operating under Sharia Law) where local laws are not applicable.

FALSE

Examples: [Collected via e-mail, January 2015]

On Fox and elsewhere it's been reported that there are 751 "no go zones" in France where non-Muslims aren't allowed and only Sharia law is enforced. Also, Dearborn, Michigan is rumored to be governed by Sharia law and (alternatively) is a "no go zone".

While large populations of Muslim residents inhabit cities and towns affected by the rumor (and may adhere to religious custom in large numbers), no areas of England, France, or the United States currently allow the laws of any religion to override their own laws. Areas designated as ZUS in France are not exempted from policing or French law, and are simply targeted for renewal initiatives. Likewise, residents of Dearborn and Hancock are not exempt from state or local law, regardless of the religion to which they adhere

Read more at http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/nogozones.asp#GQQDbYxKJBalLWgx.99
 aj7125
Msg: 1411
Posted: 1/12/2015 3:56:27 PM
Eric, your post has humor yet as we both know, it is more then humor, it is TRUE!

The insecure posters who talk shortman/small penis, who talk about people being retarded, who show so much insecurity with emoticons, who show insecurity with the word "becky". To these posters, take note of bettering your health as Eric has laid out and you will feel much better. Agree to disagree but leave the insecurities behind forever. I bet you will feel much better about yourself
 tgif111
Msg: 1412
Posted: 1/12/2015 3:57:26 PM
from Eric (quite the wit!)

* Greatly reduce alcohol consumption as evidenced by Liberal big red noses and big leathery ears

now WHO could we possibly think that is????(hint: they're known for their drinking)

in regards to Mess-NBC and it's hero Rachel Madcow I just had to have it come out for an encore. too funny!!!

from Eric:

The abysmal ratings for those intolerant far-left Liberal television stations are laughable.
Heck, I could reach an audience of greater size by opening my window and reading the newspaper aloud to passersby. LOL.

whoot whoot whoot

OMG!!!
 DameWrite
Msg: 1413
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2015 4:06:41 PM
What happen Eric did you fall off your bike and hit your head? I knew you were a suck hole but you're getting ridiculous and off topic.

Don't bother to tell me that you wear your helmet and everyone else should too.

Religious fundamentals in office may be the U.S' s demise.

Educate yourselves instead of putting your trust, tax dollars and lives to back up nutbar war mongers.

The U.S. as a privileged country has to stop and it just may be sooner than later, so you might want to make friends and start to play nice with the other billions that share this world and have a say.

Remember MOST muslims are sick of war and want peace. They KNOW what war feels like.
 HondoGal
Msg: 1414
Posted: 1/12/2015 4:30:07 PM

The insecure posters who talk shortman/small penis, who talk about people being retarded, who show so much insecurity with emoticons, who show insecurity with the word "becky". To these posters, take note of bettering your health as Eric has laid out and you will feel much better. Agree to disagree but leave the insecurities behind forever. I bet you will feel much better about yourself~Aj125

By reading some the responses from fellow conservatives I know that the leftists here often call us names and one always refers to others as idiots, stupid and worse. I guess it makes his feel superior.

MUNGO is Spanish for lame, dumb and foolish.
He sure chose the right name for himself!
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 1415
Posted: 1/12/2015 4:41:49 PM
Sorry Mitt Romney, Good Businessmen Rarely Make Good ...
www.usnews.com/.../sorry-mitt-romney-good...
U.S. News & World Report
Feb 17, 2012 - If Romney is correct, presidents with significant business experience should ... All three were successful businessmen (a newspaper publisher, ...

The Myth of the Businessman-President - NYTimes.com
opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/05/31/the-wrong-resume/
May 31, 2012 - There is one failed businessman on the list of great presidents, the ... fortune honestly — were ranked among the worst presidents ever by the ...

Businessmen make lousy presidents - Roger Simon ...
www.politico.com › Politics
Politico
May 24, 2012 - But do businessmen actually make good presidents? I put my crack research staff ... Coolidge and Herbert Hoover. Both were Republicans.

Then we have rich kid teens who lead gangs to hold down and cut off the hair of a classmate. Who borrow uniforms from Daddy's State Police to go out and hassle kids necking in the local lovers lane. Adults who tie the dog to the top of the car for a 12 hour trip. Who advise women under his spiritual care to give up their white baby, but keep the mixed race kid. Who "save" the Olympics by getting government grants. Who "privatize" one of the elevators at the state capital for his personal use.

But you'll be cheered, Shmoopy, to learn that it's likely he's gonna run again. . . .
Romney moves to reassemble campaign apparatus for 2016
Washington Post‎ - 3 hours ago
Mitt Romney is moving quickly to reassemble his national political network, spending the weekend and Monday calling former aides, donors ...
 gtomustang
Msg: 1416
Posted: 1/12/2015 4:51:57 PM
Gosh, it wasn't so long ago that when the French wouldn't support our wars in the MidEast, we renamed French Fries "freedom fries" as an adult way of showing how much we didn't like the French. Now that the tables have turned and perhaps the Secret Service decides, "we have enough egg on our face, let's not send POTUS into an open air location with terrorist activity on such a short notice.", the same people are upset we might actually offend those Frenchies who can't win wars or whatever else the insult is. Its nice to know the Republicans respect the French this week, but its only Monday.

Even when the CINC went to war-torn Iraq, he tended to stick around an Army base, and keep his arrival a secret. How many people considered the CINC or another juicy target might land in France and tried to plan ahead? Its not like we're the Swiss with few enemies. Whatever, supposedly America is big and bad and can do whatever it wants without worrying about world opinion, so we say, "oops" and move on.

so, a man who has an idea for health care, is an organizer, and follows religion, is good...unless he's black and Democratic, and then he's bad. so silly, I didn't understand Republican thinking.

I do get the idea of a country having "no go zones". We've had those in America for decades, typically called slums. Or by the longer name, "you wouldn't catch me there after dark."
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 1417
Posted: 1/12/2015 4:53:35 PM

MUNGO is Spanish for lame, dumb and foolish.
He sure chose the right name for himself!

The only "monga" here is you... if you believe you can fool anyone with that... the word you are looking for... in Spanish... is "mOngo" (masc) or "mOnga" (fem)...

But nice job showing yourself up... as... "una gilipollas monga"
 kj521
Msg: 1418
Posted: 1/12/2015 4:54:46 PM
"Others prefer the low key approach... quiet resolve, humility and grace.."

Yeah.....I have heard the NFL playoffs bring those qualities out in a person!

"You probably wouldn't fit in well in France... given that they aren't bothered by it.."

That wasn't my point, Joe, and you know it.... the perceptions of others should not be a primary concern.....it is the character we choose to display that matters most.

"it does help to know enough about the concepts to at least be able to spell the words correctly."

Oh Joe, I do so apoligize for my errors.....I was going back and forth between the dating and forum side.....posting and answering messages....no excuse for my distraction I know.....but had I known it would be you that replied to my post.....well....I would have given it my undivided attention! ;)
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 1419
Posted: 1/12/2015 4:57:06 PM

Thus the stereotype is that the smaller male with short man syndrome would be aggressive, likely to shout and talk loudly and seek attention and eager to prove themselves. Many people compare the typical short man complex to that of a smaller dog – which many note are often noisier and more aggressive than larger more docile dogs. Other personality traits have also been linked to Napoleon syndrome – for instance risk taking behavior and jealousy.

Short man complex has also been linked to evolutionary psychology – which looks at our psychology as a race and how it could have developed through evolution due to the survival value of particular behavioral traits. In the case of short man syndrome it may be that in the wild smaller individuals needed to make more noise and act more aggressively in order to compete for food and mates. Indeed studies have demonstrated that in the wild, smaller creatures often do attack first.

In other news it seems House teapuppets have been foiled by President Obama again in their attempt to defund DHS:

President Barack Obama won’t sign legislation currently being mulled in the House that would fund the Department of Homeland Security but undo nearly everything he has done while in office to address immigration reform. The legislation, being pushed by conservatives, stands little of chance of making it to Obama because it won’t be able to garner enough votes in the Senate.

“The president's immigration accountability executive actions strengthen our border security, ensure undocumented immigrants who are parents of U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents pass background checks to obtain temporary relief from removal, and require everyone to play by the same rules,” the Office of Management and Budget said in the official veto threat.
http://www.ibtimes.com/white-house-threatens-immigration-dhs-funding-veto-1781396

This is the part of the President's executive action that the teapuppet masters don't like:

From the Presidents speech:

If you’ve been in America for more than five years; if you have children who are American citizens or legal residents; if you register, pass a criminal background check, and you’re willing to pay your fair share of taxes — you’ll be able to apply to stay in this country temporarily without fear of deportation. You can come out of the shadows and get right with the law. That’s what this deal is.

A Tyson Foods executive was heard speaking to a Koch Industries executive, saying: "If that new immigration stuff goes into effect those gaydaum illegals will want to be paid for all the time they worked and we'll have to send the FICA and tax we collected to the Feds....their goes our bonus and the value of our stock options. Imagine....some wetback taking us to court and making us pay them for all the time they worked instead of being able to stiff em for 10 hours here and 20 hours there"

Jeb is going to do his best to turn all Hispanics into Republicans.Which only makes sense since most of them are hardworking people.He's going to get the nod and pull a reverse on BO's master plan.

PSSST....dude....you haven't been reading your teapuppet play book...the teapuppet master story line is illegals are shiftless welfare food stamp sponges.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 1420
Posted: 1/12/2015 5:00:28 PM

Posted by KJ521:
"...I was going back and forth between the dating and forum side....
posting and answering messages....no excuse for my distraction I know..."

KJ521...that is because you clearly understand many people actually meet via interactions commenced on POF.
 gtomustang
Msg: 1421
Posted: 1/12/2015 5:11:52 PM
speaking generally, those Latin American immigrants tend towards Roman Catholicism, which shares conservative social values with the GOP. Their numbers are going down, and as long as the GOP keeps throwing the "evils of immigration" like red meat for its voting base, the GOP is going to keep isolating the Hispanic vote...which is why Jeb has to talk about "doing his best" to convert a voting block that should be his to lose.
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 1422
Posted: 1/12/2015 5:33:57 PM

speaking generally, those Latin American immigrants tend towards Roman Catholicism

And that... historically... is part of the reason why the American conservatives have always marginalized Hispanics...

You see... Roman Catholics are "papists"... and not "true Christians"... therefore... they can't be trusted...
 DameWrite
Msg: 1423
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2015 5:40:06 PM
Dec. 20th Obama signs the "Ukrainian freedon support act" which everyone in congress was gung ho for. This act could increase sanctions and allow military support as well as lethal force and could cost tax payers 350 000 000.

Haprer may be already sending military weapons, (in late Nvember and again on jan 6th and 7th.).

How do you think Russia is going to take this news? China?

Hopefully Obama doesn't bend to congress' s rah rah for military intervention in Ukraine or in Venezuela.

Jeb would and probably any other republican.

I hope scary Hillary won't but I wouldn't count on it.

Until Cheney is REALLY out of the picture, we're all in big trouble.

Is anyone in the U.S. going after Cheney and the Bush administration for war crimes? That may just save us from more backlash.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 1424
Posted: 1/12/2015 6:33:58 PM
Lol!!

Serious Question

by BooMan
Mon Jan 12th, 2015 at 0204 PM EST

Was there a moment in time when they stopped being cheese-eating surrender monkeys and we were supposed to give a crap about them?

I guess I missed that.

http://www.boomantribune.com/
 HondoGal
Msg: 1425
Posted: 1/12/2015 6:54:21 PM
Obama to France: You’re on your own 
The administration sends a very disturbing signal to Europe after the Charlie Hebdo massacre
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS Monday, January 12, 2015, 8:00 PM

Every head of State, 40 of them, was a potential target. So security is not an excuse for our Head of State, Obama, to not attend the rally. I think that Obama lacks finesse. He has demonstrated that black causes are about the only thing to take him out of his comfort zone. The fact that Obama sent dignitaries to the funeral of thug Michael Brown yet snubbed the French in their time of grief proves his lack of protocol. Even the most liberal MSM have criticized Obama’s conduct in this situation.

Refusal to identify Islamic terrorists as such and now snubbing a rally which sought to show solidarity amongst world leaders against Islamist terrorists does not bode well for Obama; here at home, and throughout the world.
Shame on Obama.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Election 2014: Karma is a b!tch