Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Election 2014: Karma is a b!tch      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 1451
Election 2014: Karma is a b!tchPage 59 of 90    (50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90)
You mean Jeb will be buying the Hispanic vote?
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 1452
Election 2014: Karma is a b!tch
Posted: 1/13/2015 12:28:52 PM

The Hispanics aren't going to worry about
any changes to immigration policy if they have a queen in the castle.

So, if you're hungry, a picture of toast will fill your belly? That's kinda like saying I voted for JFK because Jackie had a great sense of style. Puhleeze.

cotter
Msg: 1453
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2015 1:06:46 PM
I'm beginning to wonder if the teabaggers and republicans just wanted President Obama to show up at the "photo op" in Paris so he would be open for an assassination attempt? I'm sure there's nothing that would please the teabaggers and republicans more than if the "black man" in their "white" house was gone.

I don't recall any real outrage from our resident teabaggers / republicans over any of the close calls at wingnut attempts to get into the White House and do harm to the president and his family.

I heard somewhere that Hollande told the "head Zionist" he wasn't welcome at the gathering. (I believe he extended the same "non-invitation" to Abbas.) Hollande didn't want to turn the Paris event into a Middle East side show, but apparently the Zionist guy couldn't help himself and turned it into a bid to build more illegal settlements on Palestinian land by inviting all the French Jews to move to Israel. Go figure. But are all Jews really welcome in Israel? Read further.

Message 1576 ...
Santorum is weak,and may not be too popular with Jews.
Truth is, the "Carson guy" wouldn't be very popular with the Jews either. Hint: it has to do with the Jews and how they dominated the African slave trade.

http://thebilzerianreport.com/why-do-so-many-jews-hate-black-people/
Why Do So Many Jews Hate Black People?
(Excerpts)
Although Jews were just a tiny percentage of the European population, they dominated the African slave trade. Jewish historians were so proud of this accomplishment that they bragged endlessly about their involvement and dominance of the industry in their historical texts. In Jews and Judaism in the United States: A Documentary History, prominent Jewish Historian Marc Raphael wrote “Jewish merchants played a major role in the slave trade. In fact, in all the American colonies, whether French, British, or Dutch, Jewish merchants frequently dominated. This was no less true on the North American mainland, where during the eighteenth century Jews participated in the triangular slave trade that brought slaves from Africa to the West Indies and there exchanged them for molasses….”

Jewish historical records show that Jewish involvement in the North American slave trade was so dominant that slave posts were frequently closed on Jewish holidays.

The Honorable Minister Louis Farrakhan discovered these facts and published the book: The Secret Relationship Between Blacks and Jews, which quotes Jewish historical records such as the aforementioned to prove the case. The Anti-Defamation League, mainstream media, and many other Jewish American organizations slandered Farrakhan for publishing the book, even calling him anti-Semitic for merely assembling a collection of Jewish historical records.

This racism has not abated in recent times unfortunately. For example, when black African Jews returned to Israel in 1969 under the Right of Return Act, the government ruled that they were not real Jews and therefore did not qualify for citizenship or any legal status. The black Hebrews were also denied state benefits and work permits. It wasn’t until 2003 that black Hebrews were granted permanent residency, but not the automatic citizenship granted to all other races returning on the exact same provision. If it wasn’t for a group of Americans who shamed the Israeli government into granting black African Jews some legal status, they would probably never have received it. To this day black Jews are still not accepted by the Jewish community in Israel. Racial slurs, insults, and discrimination in housing rentals are commonplace. This treatment has reached such an unbearable level that Ethiopan Jews have taken to the streets to protest. In response, Sofa Landver, the Israeli Immigrant Absorption Minister, smugly replied that they should be grateful for all that Israel has done for them. This is reminiscent of white supremacist rhetoric in the America, which claims that Africans should be grateful their ancestors were brought to America. Israel was clearly created under the premise of future safety for all Jews, not just white European Jews. Therefore, black African Jews should have the same rights and entitlements to Israel as any other Jews.

The Israeli government has even been caught attempting to sterilize Ehtiopan Jews by giving them the controversial birth control, Depo-Provera, without warning them of the potential side effects. Ethiopian Jews are less than 1% of Israel’s population, but yet account for 60% of the women on Depo-Provera. The side effects are quite severe, including pain in the hands and back, heavy bleeding, and in some cases permanent sterilization. Around 10% of the women taking this drug develop substantial side effects. In 2004, the FDA warned against the dangers of the drugs. Unfortunately, many Ethiopian Jews fear being deported if they speak up about these types of human rights abuses.

The above reminds me of more than a couple of our resident teabagger/republican posters ... one who at least has the guts to admit his religious affiliation ... the others conveniently hide behind "non-religious" and "X-tian-other" ... as confessed by more than a few. After reading the above and the following, no wonder they don't want anyone to know what their religious affiliation is.
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 1454
Posted: 1/13/2015 2:38:15 PM
Let someone talk long enough & you can see their real character....

First it was just Zionist, now it's All Jews... Yet, to this day some still claim the Holocaust didn't happen, Either.....
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 1455
Posted: 1/13/2015 2:51:26 PM

Posted by Behind-Blue-Eyes_53:
"Let someone talk long enough & you can see their real character..."

I was thinking the very same thing. These vicious posts are typically by so-called "inclusive" Liberal people.
The wild-eyed, foaming-mouth, and outrageous anti-Semitic posts are shown directly above us. Unreal.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 1456
Posted: 1/13/2015 2:55:15 PM

I was thinking the very same thing. These vicious posts are typically by so-called "inclusive" Liberal people.
The wild-eyed, foaming-mouth, and outrageous anti-Semitic posts are shown directly above us. Unreal.

Irony Alert:

Guys who thinks it funny when people troll suicide threads gets his panties in a knot.
 robaustralia
Msg: 1457
Posted: 1/13/2015 3:15:34 PM
MSG 1590
Pointing out that Jews did play a role in the transatlantic slave trade (they owned most of the ships) is not anti-Semitic, it's a fact.

Pointing out that many white Jews in Israel freely admit their racism is not anti-Semitic, its's a fact.

Hands up anyone who lives in a country with a squeaky clean human rights record. Hands up anyone whose stated religious affiliation has a squeaky clean human rights record.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 1458
Posted: 1/13/2015 3:50:53 PM

Hands up anyone whose stated religious affiliation has a squeaky clean human rights record.

Society of Friends. Will that do?

calguy14
Msg: 1459
Posted: 1/13/2015 3:59:02 PM
@Irish
Jeb bought it when he got married. :)

@cotter
Santorum is quite religious,he has strong views on a number of issues but one shouldn't get too carried away with religion and politics.
So some Jews were involved in a lucrative business,I am so surprised.

The Ethiopian peoples are quite religious....and long removed from traditional Christianity and Judaism.Selassie was quite fanciful as well.They are of Yemeni and African bloodlines of varying proportions,and quite unique,I would like to go there some day,father-in-law was there in 36.

As for the "Honorable"Minister.....good joke.I consider an X cap to be blatantly racist,how about you?
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 1460
Posted: 1/13/2015 4:21:56 PM

Jeb bought it when he got married. :)

I'm still waiting to here where the millions of additional votes that President Obama "bought" by executive action, on deferred prosecution of illegal aliens, will come from.
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 1461
Posted: 1/13/2015 4:32:00 PM
I'm not sure about your country Mr. Irish but I thought the rules were the same as in my country - illegal aliens can't vote. So I just don't understand how someone could be so mistaken.

No one has answers my question - didn't 9/11 happen on the Bush watch....where was he and his crack team of security advisers when all this took place. Seems everyone is more concerned about Obama going to France. Freedom Fries....really.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 1462
Posted: 1/13/2015 4:54:41 PM

In the March 15, 2003 episode of Saturday Night Live, Tina Fey reported this on the satirical Weekend Update: "In a related story, in France, American cheese is now referred to as 'idiot cheese'." The 2006 documentary Freedom Fries: And Other Stupidity We'll Have to Explain to Our Grandchildren directed by Carl Christman took a comedic viewpoint on American consumerism and patriotism. In the episode Stan Knows Best of American Dad!, after being asked how his French toast is, the main character Stan remarks: "Smelly and ungrateful! But this American toast is delicious."

wiki

This is exactly how republicans portrayed us to the world after France did not back Bush's fraudulent war in Iraq.
 cotter
Msg: 1463
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2015 5:21:34 PM
Message 1589 ...
First it was just Zionist ...
Let's see, "X-tian-other" ... okay, got it.

It has long since been established in these forums that it is not considered "anti-Semitic" to criticize Zionism which as we all know is a political movement. I would venture to say that about the only place in the whole world that it might be considered a big "no-no" is probably in Israel.

I will point out that I have listed a link where I got the information that I posted. If someone has a problem with the wording in the quote ... I highly suggest they take it up with the original author. I have a right to post information that I find and I have always been considerate enough to post the link where I get that information.

You might consider posting a rebuttal (of course with a link) if you believe I have not posted correct information. Seems to me that anyone can just sit back and insinuate a despicable label ... and make inappropriate remarks about something others have posted ... but that doesn't make it so.

... now it's All Jews ...
Please show the post number (and thread) that I ever posted "All Jews"? If you cannot point it out, then it is nothing more than your personal interpretation. We have no control over how some "interpret" what we post.

... to this day some still claim the Holocaust didn't happen ...
I have not done that ... I know better.

I do believe though, that it's time to put the "Holocaust" card to rest. The Zionists have long since caught up and are quickly becoming the most hated people in the world ... and it's not due to the kind and considerate ways they treat others.

Now, what exactly is it that you wanted to say with that post?

Message 1590 ...
These vicious posts are typically by so-called "inclusive" Liberal people.
"Becky" ... right? Let's see, "X-tian-other" ... okay, got it.

The wild-eyed, foaming-mouth, and outrageous anti-Semitic posts are shown directly above us.
Anyone who would make that kind of statement ...

Oh dear, Becky ... really? Wild-eyed, foaming-mouth? You've been jerking off with your little woody in front of the mirror again!

Perhaps you are unaware, so I'll repeat it just for you ...
"It has long since been established in these forums that it is not considered "anti-Semitic" to criticize Zionism which as we all know is a political movement."

Message 1596 ...
... I thought the rules were the same as in my country - illegal aliens can't vote. So I just don't understand how someone could be so mistaken.

I'm not sure there is an answer for you. I too thought illegal aliens can't vote. Even green-card carrying aliens can't vote, so I simply can't imagine how President Obama's executive order could render up any votes ... but hey that's teabaggers math for ya ...
 calguy14
Msg: 1464
Posted: 1/13/2015 5:44:56 PM
@Irish
BO was trying to buy goodwill,and future votes.Such a shame the Hispanics are going to forget this and jump right into the White House.
The best laid plans of mice and men.....eh

@cotter
I was raised a catholic BTW.Altar boy. :)

@wooby
My mother voted for Trudeau in 68 because he was sexy.A lot of women found him quite persuasive....

@irish below
I did say future.You have owned them,and what has Hillary had to say?That's why Jeb makes all the sense in the world,even the tea party guys will get it.
Edit
Nothing to do with a short memory.They want to move fast.Look at the Cubans in Miami.Power Irish.

They arent waiting for directions.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 1465
Posted: 1/13/2015 5:49:48 PM

@Irish
BO was trying to buy goodwill,and future votes.

From Whom Exactly????? The democrats already own the Hispanic citizen vote!!!!

Hispanics are going to forget this and jump right into the White House.

Nice...a backhanded way of saying Hispanics are stupid and have a short memory...well I think Hispanics wont vote republican in your lifetime for all the very obvious reasons...and to say they will vote republican due to a hopeful Hispanic first lady is insulting...of course racial sensitivity isn't a strong point for teapuppets
 aj7125
Msg: 1466
Posted: 1/13/2015 6:13:20 PM
Jimmy Carter saying one of the reasons why Obama didn't go to Paris is he just got back from vacation. He had so many things on his desk. This one thing about a leader going to Paris must have blown off his desk and he didn't even know anything was going on in Paris. Jimmy, seriously? Were you told to say that or is this a regular spin with the libs?
 etourdi65
Msg: 1467
Posted: 1/13/2015 6:29:32 PM
OK for the slow kids...daca...now these people need drivers licenses..since they work and drive its not fair that they can't get govt ..benefits...now its not fair they can't get obamacare..let them have it for fairness sake...now since they work and pay some taxes its not fair that they aren't treated like citizens..all rights should be given in the name of fairness...election time...guess what in the interest of fairness all of you former illegal immigrants can now vote...
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 1468
Posted: 1/13/2015 6:36:43 PM

OK for the slow kids

Ok then, please detail from a purely fiscal standpoint ( not taking into account the fact we are talking about people here) why is it a better thing to deport the people who Obama wants to keep?

Taking into account the terms on conditions, with regards to who and who does not qualify.

Basically tell us not turning people into contributing members of society is a bad for the country from a financial perspective.
 aj7125
Msg: 1469
Posted: 1/13/2015 6:56:50 PM
Looks like Carter was right, this is way too much for our President to be handling
 cotter
Msg: 1470
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2015 7:24:52 PM
Message 1601 ... The teabaggers and republicans are constantly b1tching and griping about how much it costs to send the president (well let's just say they b1tch and gripe about what it costs to send the "black" president) anywhere. They need to make up their minds. Just which way is that supposed to go?

Send President Obama to Paris for a "photo op" on an empty street to tell Hollande and then he can fly back home ... and listen to the tea party and republicans go on and on ... basically foaming at the mouth ... about how much it costs taxpayers ...

OR

President Obama goes straight to the French mission right after returning from a trip to Arizona and signed a book of condolences then told Ambassador Gerard Araud "On behalf of all Americans, I extend our deepest sympathy and solidarity to the people of France following the terrible terrorist attack in Paris".

"As allies across the centuries, we stand united with our French brothers to ensure that justice is done and our way of life is defended."

President Obama spoke to French President Francois Hollande Wednesday, offering American help with the identification, apprehension and prosecution of the killers.

If President Obama would have actually whipped up the crew and ventured over to Paris (and that empty street), exactly what was expected of President Obama AFTER he got there? Wouldn't he have done and said the same things he did right after returning to Washington, DC?

I'm really trying to understand in this age of technology ... why waste the time and energy (that the teabaggers and republicans would have just picked at for the next few months) to fly over to Paris to do the same thing he was able to accomplish staying in Washington, DC?

Message 1602 ...
daca
What or who in the hell is that?

...now these people need drivers licenses.
Seems right to me ... they have permission to be here and need transportation. I'd rather have them take a test and actually pass it before they get out there on the road. What's the problem?

...since they work and drive its not fair that they can't get govt ..benefits.
Seems right to me ... they are paying taxes and they also do that when they spend the money they are earning. They pay into government funds ... and the employers they work for pay into funds on their behalf. What's the problem?

..now its not fair they can't get obamacare..let them have it for fairness sake.
The ACA is a law ... they have to comply. Are you insinuating that if they pay taxes and support our government that they should not get any of the benefits?

...now since they work and pay some taxes its not fair that they aren't treated like citizens
Green-card aliens qualify for all benefits that citizens get ... but they are not allowed to vote. You can't register to vote with a "green card" as an ID.

...all rights should be given in the name of fairness
That's not the law, but it occurs to me that if the teabaggers and republicans repeat it often enough, there will be some who believe it.

...election time...guess what in the interest of fairness all of you former illegal immigrants can now vote...
If they are "former" immigrants, that infers they are now citizens? I would say it's up to the person registering them to "vote" to make sure they do not register anyone who is not allowed to vote.

OK for the slow kids...

Now that's just precious ... coming from you.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 1471
Posted: 1/13/2015 8:04:04 PM

Posted by Eric_Summit:
"...Liberals are sounding very angry in the Off-Topic forum and especially the past fifty-eight or so pages of this thread. The amount of rage spewing from Liberals makes me think there are significant physical ailments also in play.
With that in mind, I direct Liberals to embrace the following urgent improvements for longevity, health, and well-being:

* Reduce amount of red meat in your diets by 75% and replace with chicken, fish, or protein supplements
* Sodium intake can be reduced by at least 50%
* Exercise WAY more. It is evident by pics most Liberals often skip exercise (except HFX_RGB, he looks healthy)
* Aim to drink at least eight (8) glasses of chilled water daily
* Greatly reduce alcohol consumption as evidenced by Liberal big red noses and big leathery ears
* Practice deep breathing exercises and step outside for fresh air at least four times daily
* Supplement your diets with multivitamins and complete antioxidants

Embracing better health habits can start today.
Liberals are looking overweight. That is especially dangerous for your cardiac health.

If not for yourself, you should aim to improve your health for your families.
I know your doctors have said this to you many times, yet it helps to hear it from a friend.
Employ a blend of cardiovascular exercise coupled with weight-training for optimal benefit.

GOOD LUCK and FEEL BETTER!..."

Boy Howdy are the assorted Liberals characteristically losing their tempers again! Wow, feel that venom.
To improve your collective health, I have decided you must also include chamomile herbal tea in your diets.
Have a cup of this delicious and magical elixir at both lunchtime and just prior to bed. It will help calm you.

My concern is Liberals here might have a stroke, heart attack, or say "goodbye cruel world" like they are prone to do. Work on your cardiovascular exercise and aim to have a resting heart rate in the mid-50s and you will be doing fine. Take your pulse each morning to gauge how well your fitness programs are coming along. Good luck.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 1472
Posted: 1/13/2015 8:22:35 PM
Lol!

Markus has the page top ad over at Kos. Wonder if he's up at Breitbart, too? Or if only libruls make good mates?

woobytoodsday
Msg: 1473
Posted: 1/13/2015 10:56:08 PM
Yummy stuff here:

Let’s take a look at what we’ve learned just in the past couple of days. We all know that both sides are looking for new policy ideas they can present that will demonstrate their commitment to lifting up middle class and poorer Americans, so what’s on offer? Chris Van Hollen, the ranking Democrat on the House Budget Committee, has released a plan that includes giving every working American who makes less than six figures a $1,000 tax credit, gives people further tax credits if they save money, limits corporate tax deductions for CEO compensation, and pays for it with a financial transactions tax (presented as a Wall Street “high roller” fee). Meanwhile, Republicans are trying to cut Social Security disability payments.

OK, so that’s not entirely fair — Republicans are, in fact, talking about what they can do for less affluent Americans. For instance, Politico reports today that even Mitt Romney has decided that the three pillars of his 2016 campaign will be a “muscular” foreign policy, helping the poor, and supporting the middle class. Which sounds interesting, but at this point it constitutes nothing more than talking about how this is an issue he’s going to be talking about. You have to look pretty hard to find an actual idea Republicans have.

And while they’re figuring that out, it looks like Democrats are going to keep rolling out one policy proposal after another, whether it’s Van Hollen’s tax credit (which other Democrats are also going to be advocating), President Obama’s plan to make community college free, or upcoming pushes on issues like paid family leave and more inclusive overtime rules.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2015/01/13/why-republicans-will-lose-the-coming-argument-over-the-economy/
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 1474
Posted: 1/14/2015 5:55:26 AM

Boy Howdy....

Good luck.

You know you are losing it when you start quoting your own derp.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 1475
Posted: 1/14/2015 6:25:18 AM

Posted by HFX_RGB:
"...You know you are losing it..."

Incorrect.

But thanks for providing your update from your far northern location!
We perhaps needed the 99.99% Caucasian population of Halifax, Nova Scotia perspective on things.
You should totally explore, embrace other cultures, and celebrate our global diversity. :-)
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Election 2014: Karma is a b!tch