Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Election 2014: Karma is a b!tch      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 1476
Election 2014: Karma is a b!tchPage 60 of 90    (50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90)

Incorrect.

You quoted your own post.

We perhaps needed the 99.99% Caucasian population of Halifax, Nova Scotia perspective on things.

Perhaps you should explain how you got Halifax's diversity number so wrong?

You should totally explore, embrace other cultures, and celebrate our global diversity. :-)

You should get a new sock puppet.
 calguy14
Msg: 1477
Election 2014: Karma is a b!tch
Posted: 1/14/2015 6:59:20 AM
@skoochie
Of course, you would be jumping with joy if Romney got the nod.I doubt it,but it appears some reps might just turn up the Rush rants a little louder.

bluemoon24_7
Msg: 1478
Posted: 1/14/2015 7:05:34 AM
A new sock puppet? He's got a sock on his Johnson for when he plays with himself in front a picture of Palin.

As to diverse culture in Halifax - can you see Halifax from your house? Halifax has a large and diverse culture with many blacks, aboriginal and many other ethnic groups. Canada has always been very open to other cultures. We're not as anti black, Hispanic, Arab, etc. as the Americans who seem frightened by anyone no white. Have you ever heard of the underground railway that moved blacks from your country to Canada....kept them alive?

I watched an interesting piece on PBS last night about the Ku Klux Klan and their hold on America in the 1960's. I'd be so proud of that history of the Klan and the republicans. Lots of bragging rights there.

So Becky, while you're busy posting misinformation and health information, maybe pick up a book because your stupid is showing. Put down the pictures of Palin, quit playing with yourself and learn something.
 calguy14
Msg: 1479
Posted: 1/14/2015 8:20:01 AM
^^^^
Hahaha blue moon.
Do you know anything about the history of nova Scotia west coast gurl?I had friends in Montreal from right close to Halifax.

In case you didn't know,the Klan had a Grand Dragon in Lennoxville Quebec in the 80's.The Klan was strong in Saskatchewan and Alberta.
 DameWrite
Msg: 1480
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2015 10:39:56 AM
How do you define strong? calguy14.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 1481
Posted: 1/14/2015 11:38:58 AM

Do you know anything about the history of nova Scotia west coast gurl?I had friends in Montreal from right close to Halifax.

Stand back folks we got an expert here, as he knew someone who once lived close to Halifax.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 1482
Posted: 1/14/2015 12:38:09 PM
It is hilarious when Liberal residents in lily-white enclaves prattle endlessly about so-called racism.
Meanwhile they must drive their hybrid vehicles for several hours to reach the first non-white person!

Then when they reach the destination, they demand that the non-white person *not* wear a hoodie garment.
It is bad enough they don't engage other races, creeds, and cultures...they also chastise them not to wear traditional urban clothes. Equal Clothing Freedom Now!
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 1483
Posted: 1/14/2015 1:24:08 PM
So, eric, you're under the impression that the Oklahoma lawmakers forbidding hoodies are librul? Too cute.

I grew up in Salt Lake City, which wasn't exactly crawling with minorities, and if you think lack of a certain race/races makes for non-prejudice, you'd be wrong. There was a *reason* why saying the N-word in my home got you cayenne pepper on the tongue--kids *will* bring home language they hear their friends using. Though that can have its funny moments, as when my younger brother went howling to my mother that I'd used the N-word when I'd called him niggardly because he wouldn't lend me a quarter.

woobytoodsday
Msg: 1484
Posted: 1/14/2015 2:02:13 PM
w0ºt!!!!

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Wednesday shows that 50% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Obama's job performance. Forty-nine percent (49%) disapprove (see trends).
 robaustralia
Msg: 1485
Posted: 1/14/2015 2:11:10 PM

Yes, President Obama did use “terrorists” when referring to the murderous cowards who massacred 14 persons. However, Aj125 said that Obama will never use the word “Islamists”; he is correct

Well the reason Obama and many other world leaders don't say "Islamist terrorists" is because the terrorists claim they are committing their atrocities in the name of Islam and they want the whole world to think that the Islam world condones their activities, which is certainly not the case.

By not labelling them Islamic terrorists is just the same as not negotiating with them and hopefully it annoys the crap out of them that many world leaders don't refer to them as they want to be referred to.
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 1486
Posted: 1/14/2015 2:20:08 PM
Well the reason Obama and many other world leaders don't say "Islamist terrorists" is because the terrorists claim they are committing their atrocities in the name of Islam and they want the whole world to think that the Islam world condones their activities, which is certainly not the case.

By not labelling them Islamic terrorists is just the same as not negotiating with them and hopefully it annoys the crap out of them that many world leaders don't refer to them as they want to be referred to.

Which is a big part of why it pisses them off... they thought they had a new bigoted gig going... hate the Muslims... and a whole new crop of bigots to break in...

It is hard for them to get traction with their bigotry... and build up that new base... if the leaders of the country keep undercutting them...
 kj521
Msg: 1487
Posted: 1/14/2015 2:28:15 PM
Wooby! You crack me up!

"I grew up in Salt Lake City, which wasn't exactly crawling with minorities"

Huh! Why was that I wonder? It wouldn't have anything to do with the Mormons.....would it?

Yeah.....there was no racism or prejudical practices in your city......;)
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 1488
Posted: 1/14/2015 3:28:12 PM
kj, my point, exactly. Maybe you could explain that to eric, who seems under the impression that if you live in a mostly white area you are not going to understand or invest in racial prejudices.

I have to hand it to the Mormons though, they're trying, at least on racial issues, to clean up their act. The church has allowed/welcomed black members since about 1980. Historically, there was a pretty good reason they'd banned them. In the early 1800's when the church was new, and mostly in Missouri, about the time of the Missouri Compromise, they did allow black members, and several Mormon towns were wiped out by the pro-slavery factions. So Joseph Smith had a "revelation" that blacks shouldn't receive the Priesthood. When I was growing up, there was NO church doctrine on why, but it didn't keep peeps from speculating. . . .

And for some reason, even without proselytizing, many blacks kept wanting to join the church, both in Africa and South America. Tipping point came in late 70's. There are now about half a million black members.

I didn't say none in my city; I said the opposite. I did say, none in my family. But then we were Democrats, lol! Even had a black foster little brother for about a year.

DameWrite
Msg: 1489
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2015 3:37:01 PM
Eric are you implying that liberals would be racist too if they lived near black people? I sure the fck hope not.

Fearful people are afraid of people covering their face because they are convinced that cameras are actually going to help them get their goods back, that's why there is a shout to ban hoodies.

Its a stupid rule that isn't here.

You want to have people not rob you, make sure they aren't going without in your community, make them feel part of the community, and quit making them struggle and quit buying bling junk that k7ds have been taught to need.
 aj7125
Msg: 1490
Posted: 1/14/2015 3:50:22 PM
"Eric are you implying that liberals would be racist too if they lived near black people? I sure the fck hope not."

^^^^^^Dame

Dame, are you saying right here that there are not liberal racists?
 calguy14
Msg: 1491
Posted: 1/14/2015 4:11:13 PM
@HFX
Last segregated classroom closed in 83....in Nova Scotia.Segregated towns at least into the 70's.I guess you never heard of brooming either.
www.black history canada.ca/events.php?themeid=21&I'd=9
@dame
Klan cross burning events are poorly documented.20 and 30's for sure and other smaller ones into the 80's.

Texas and pickups have nothing on Saskatchewan but it happens on icy roads.Pimps.
 DameWrite
Msg: 1492
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2015 4:19:30 PM
Racists live in every country including Canada. It's disgusting but not that common here anymore. It is also well hid here because they would be hated by their neighbors so it could be more common than I think but it doesn't seem that way.

I've never met a racist against black people here.

I have met a few that try to hide their racist ilk towards asians and native/first nations, americans and east indians. They are super rare though.

Education, freedom from fear mongering, and a loving heart is the key.

CrookCatcher
Msg: 1493
Posted: 1/14/2015 4:38:40 PM
You want to have people not rob you, make sure they aren't going without in your community, make them feel part of the community, and quit making them struggle and quit buying bling junk that k7ds have been taught to need.

Sounds simple enough. I would never have thought to say that to the multitude of victims of robberies and home invasion cases I worked over the years. I wonder what they would have said in a response. Oh and before you go off there were just as many black victims as white.
 DameWrite
Msg: 1494
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2015 4:48:07 PM
Poor people who have been programmed to want bling junk or have no means of getting by, commit crimes. They don't care or know what colour of skin the victim has.

It's a fact that if no one will hire you at a decent wage you'll be more inclined to steal. The race issue only comes in when black people don't get the same opportunities or they don't get hired by racists.

I should add that having your needs met is another key.

aj7125
Msg: 1495
Posted: 1/14/2015 5:11:45 PM
"I've never met a racist against black people here."

^^^Are you talking about in your own home? Trust me, if you are that naïve, then the above quote must be you are referring only to your own home.
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 1496
Posted: 1/14/2015 5:21:05 PM
Who's programming them to want the
bling and the thug lifestyle? Those they hold in esteem or look upon as idols correct?
I've run into numerous people of all races that don't make much money, some on public assistance who don't resort to crime to survive.
I can see the point that you're trying to make and your right to have it but at some point there has to be personal accountability.
I understand there are times where someone may resort to stealing to survive, one incident involved a black man who had tried to shoplift some lunch meat from a grocery store I was close so I responded to the call and in talkibg to him he said his kids were hungry and he did'nt get paid for 4 or 5 days. I believed him and asked the mgr if I could pay for it and he agreed. I told the man he could'nt do that again or he would be charged next time. So I can understand at least if your hungry or thirsty, I don't condone it but I can understand it.
But... when people rob people for money, phones, jewlery etc. and then just go on the hunt for their next victim I find it impossible to feel empathy for whatever their situation may be.
There is a sub culture on the street that encompasses all races and it is the predator and prey mind set. There are places I could take you right now and put you out and you would be a victim of a robbery, assault or worse in less than 30 minutes and your views won't do a thing to help you.

You can only do so much for people but at some point they have to want it for it to work.
 etourdi65
Msg: 1497
Posted: 1/14/2015 5:23:03 PM
Why are so many liberals or whatever they call me themselves when they are pretending they aren't liberals stuck in the 1960's?
If any "black people" aren't hired because of the color if their skin they are protected by all the laws that were enacted to prevent discrimination.
What opportunities are "black people" denied based on the color of their skin?
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 1498
Posted: 1/14/2015 5:59:16 PM

Why are so many liberals or whatever they call me themselves when they are pretending they aren't liberals stuck in the 1960's?

Is that suppose to be English?

If any "black people" aren't hired because of the color if their skin they are protected by all the laws that were enacted to prevent discrimination.

Yes that would be just fine but for the small problem that many have criminal records due to aggressive enforcement of unjust laws only in their communities.

One example of this would be NYC Stop and Frisk program, as it overwhelming targeted black males.

What opportunities are "black people" denied based on the color of their skin?

Based on many of the states that enacted new voter restrictions to prevent a non existent problem you could put Voting rights down as one, and probably keep going on and on.
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 1499
Posted: 1/14/2015 6:00:55 PM

I did say, none in my family. But then we were Democrats, lol!

Come on Wooby, are you going to Claim You're that Naive? Are You trying to Claim a Democrat Can't be a Racist? Really? You Sure that's the Story You want to Run with? Your Family wasn't Racist, because they weren't Racist, not because they were Democrats.

Poor people who have been programmed to want bling junk or have no means of getting by, commit crimes. They don't care or know what colour of skin the victim has.

It's a fact that if no one will hire you at a decent wage you'll be more inclined to steal. The race issue only comes in when black people don't get the same opportunities or they don't get hired by racists.

I should add that having your needs met is another key.

What a Load of Drivel...... There is So much wrong with this Post, but it would be a waste of My time to type out the answer.. Blame it all on the New World Order, or the what ever Conspiracy Theory You're Pushing today.....
 DameWrite
Msg: 1500
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2015 6:01:54 PM
Can't argue with anything you said crookcatcher except for holding them FULLY accountable.

I say this because advertising, smog and cheap food and single parent families, meds or drugs and poverty don't make for healthy brains (to make the right decisions.)

They may look healthy and in their right minds, even argue for it, but sadly they are not.

The real criminals are the ones who knowingly do this to them and society should be held partially responsible for letting the greedos get away with doing terrible things to their kids.

The rap stars are mocking what is out there or fcked up themselves.

Yes, healthy poor people, healthy black people and healthy white etc. can be good...so lets get them healthy.

Ban McJunk.

In 10 years or less we're going to be amazed and/or sickened at ourselves for letting so many azzholes get away with what they do now. Remember when they promoted cigarette smoking?

Addiction to sugar is going to be worse than cancer from smoking and it's in everything these days.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Election 2014: Karma is a b!tch