Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Election 2014: Karma is a b!tch      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 1501
Election 2014: Karma is a b!tchPage 61 of 90    (50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90)

Come on Wooby, are you going to Claim You're that Naive? Are You trying to Claim a Democrat Can't be a Racist? Really? You Sure that's the Story You want to Run with? Your Family wasn't Racist, because they weren't Racist, not because they were Democrats.

No. I think they were probably Democrats because they weren't racist. I've told this story before, but here goes. When I was about 12, the one house on our block that had been unable to keep an owner, and was therefor very run down, was sold to a black family. The neighbors, Mormons and non-Mormons, all Republican save for my parents, had a meeting, where it was voted that no ones' children would be allowed to play with the black family's children. My parents were disgusted, said so, and walked out. The Farhats I don't believe noticed that no one would play with their children because we had so many. In the end, the Farhats turned out to be Syrian, not African-American, so even though they were very black skinned, indeed, *that* was all right, lol!

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/04/25/republicans-are-racists-no-it-s-just-all-a-big-coincidence.html

Sure, Democrats can be racist. It's just that they usually aren't. Republicans can be non-racist. It's just that they usually aren't.

Eric_Summit
Msg: 1502
Election 2014: Karma is a b!tch
Posted: 1/14/2015 6:47:45 PM

Posted by woobytoodsday:
"Sure, Democrats can be racist. It's just that they usually aren't.
Republicans can be non-racist. It's just that they usually aren't."

Incorrect.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 1503
Posted: 1/14/2015 7:04:04 PM
http://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazing/2011/04/racist_orange_county_republica.php

http://www.thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/plot-to-kidnap-president-is-a-watermelon-a-box-and-string-says-racist-tea-party-founder/politics/2013/02/20/60842

https://www.google.com/search?q=california+tea+party+woman+watermelons&client=firefox-a&sa=X&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:unofficial&channel=np&biw=911&bih=435&tbm=isch&imgil=o-fzLpGE0vQSuM%253A%253BM6AXAYGI1hByOM%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fcrooksandliars.com%25252Fdavid-neiwert%25252Frepublican-tea-partiers-just-cant-se&source=iu&pf=m&fir=o-fzLpGE0vQSuM%253A%252CM6AXAYGI1hByOM%252C_&usg=__TASeZHov_WVttBD3lXkVC77-sUU%3D

DameWrite
Msg: 1504
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2015 7:06:06 PM
I bet that there are more republican racists than democrats but I'd also bet that there are more democrats that are racist than Greens.

Republicans are for their legacy, Democrats are for their US. family and friends, Greens are for everybody!
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 1505
Posted: 1/14/2015 7:17:27 PM
Sorry, haven't seen any Greens that I would consider capable of running a country...ours or theirs.

And I agree, more republicans seem closed minded about race, women, gay rights, reproductive rights, other cultures, health care, etc. than democrates. Plus the NRA mentality and....yup, racist.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 1506
Posted: 1/14/2015 7:35:29 PM
Bernie Sanders will probable run as a green in 2016.

Go Bernie!!!
 DameWrite
Msg: 1507
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2015 7:47:47 PM
That's because you didn't bother looking because you fell for the stereotype or because ...why?

Don't be sorry, check them out.

Greens are the way to go for every reason, including financial. They are the protectors of your well being.
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 1508
Posted: 1/14/2015 8:03:53 PM
And what are the chances of the Greens forming a government? Two people.... I agree, the odd one may get elected but they won't be forming a government any time soon. There are some good folks that have run as Independents or quit their party or "crossed the floor", they won't go far either. The Green Party doesn't have a hope to lead or even be an effective opposition. And I'm not slamming the Green Party, Elizabeth May or anyone else in the party, just being realistic. So we will have our three main political parties and the U.S. will have two. Same old, same old.
 tgif111
Msg: 1509
Posted: 1/14/2015 8:55:17 PM

Let’s take a look at what we’ve learned just in the past couple of days. We all know that both sides are looking for new policy ideas they can present that will demonstrate their commitment to lifting up middle class and poorer Americans, so what’s on offer? Chris Van Hollen, the ranking Democrat on the House Budget Committee, has released a plan that includes giving every working American who makes less than six figures a $1,000 tax credit, gives people further tax credits if they save money, limits corporate tax deductions for CEO compensation, and pays for it with a financial transactions tax (presented as a Wall Street “high roller” fee).

And while they’re figuring that out, it looks like Democrats are going to keep rolling out one policy proposal after another, whether it’s Van Hollen’s tax credit (which other Democrats are also going to be advocating), President Obama’s plan to make community college free, or upcoming pushes on issues like paid family leave and more inclusive overtime rules.

Robin Hood again.
I earned it so I get to keep it. it's MY money.
once again, the dems and B.O. want to bribe the youth with something free like community college which translates in to votes.
they spend and they garner votes and want to tax the One Percent who already pay 38% of the total tax.

stop trying to do wealth distribution.
screw that.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 1510
Posted: 1/14/2015 9:34:40 PM

Read it and weep (really). Here's what a new report from the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy found:

According to the study, in 2015 the poorest fifth of Americans will pay on average 10.9 percent of their income in state and local taxes, the middle fifth will pay 9.4 percent and the top 1 percent will average 5.4 percent.

“Virtually every state’s tax system is fundamentally unfair,” the report concludes. “Unfair tax systems not only exacerbate widening income inequality in the short term, but they also will leave states struggling to raise enough revenue to meet their basic needs in the long term.”

But, in case you've been living under a rock with your fingers in your ears screaming "la, la, la, I'm not listening" for the past two and a half years, Mitt Romney believes that 47 percent of the American people are "dependent on government, believe that they are victims ... believe the government has a responsibility to care for them ... believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it" all because they don't pay federal income tax.

Never mind that the people Romney is insulting as freeloaders are paying state and local taxes at higher rates than the wealthy, lower-income working Americans also pay a much higher percentage of their income than do the wealthiest when it comes to payroll taxes (which, of course, were levied only on the first $117,000 of income in 2014).

In terms of the overall tax burden (state, local, federal), the top one percent don't even pay that much more as a percentage of their income than do the bottom 20 percent. Think about that for a minute. But you knew that, right, Mitt? And this time, you'll run your campaign based on the truth, and won't spout divisive deceptions about Americans who are struggling to get by, right? Anyone who thinks the chances of that happening are anywhere near as high as 47 percent is being hopelessly naive.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/01/14/1357677/-Paging-Mr-47-Romney-2016-Data-shows-that-the-poor-pay-MORE-in-state-local-taxes-than-the-rich

When you don't drive on roads that taxes have built, when you don't depend on firemen taxes pay for or police who are paid out of tax revenue, when you don't count on being safe from Isalmists, or eating safe food, or driving a safe car, or drinking safe water, breathing safe air, of having state educated workers for your businesses, not until then do you even get to begin to dream that you wish not to pay taxes. Taxes are the price of civilization. -- Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr
 tgif111
Msg: 1511
Posted: 1/14/2015 9:47:19 PM

According to the study, in 2015 the poorest fifth of Americans will pay on average 10.9 percent of their income in state and local taxes, the middle fifth will pay 9.4 percent and the top 1 percent will average 5.4 percent.

those are state taxes. I was quoting all taxes.
i'll resist all efforts to take my money and give it to loafers.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 1512
Posted: 1/14/2015 9:55:47 PM
"richest 1 percent in the United States now own more wealth than the bottom 90 percent".[4]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wealth_inequality_in_the_United_States

The 85 Richest People In The World Have As Much Wealth As The 3.5 Billion Poorest
http://www.forbes.com/sites/laurashin/2014/01/23/the-85-richest-people-in-the-world-have-as-much-wealth-as-the-3-5-billion-poorest/

The clock is ticking. It's almost peasant with pitchfork time. . . .
 calguy14
Msg: 1513
Posted: 1/15/2015 4:39:45 AM
These days the peasants don't usually carry a pitchfork...or any other tool.They have a beer and a joint.
 tgif111
Msg: 1514
Posted: 1/15/2015 4:59:16 AM
And I agree, more republicans seem closed minded about race, women, gay rights, reproductive rights, other cultures, health care, etc. than democrates. Plus the NRA mentality and....yup, racist.

Republicans want what is right for America as a whole.

Democrats bribe individuals for votes by catering to their every need hence our 18 trillion national debt and our Kardashian Society attitude.

the latest example is Hussein Obama's free community college grift.
 Orione7
Msg: 1515
Posted: 1/15/2015 5:11:57 AM
lol Repubs want what is right for America as a whole.
That's a good one man.... we know who they cater for so no need repeating.
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 1516
Posted: 1/15/2015 5:25:04 AM
Republicans want what is right for Americans as a whole....too bad it doesn't include race relations, women's rights, reproductive rights, other cultures, health care, the poor and those in need. Somehow the top 1% are the only ones the republicans want to look out for.

As to the Kardasian attitude, you contribute to that every morning when you open your tanning salon and grease up your hair for another day of the look at me, look at me mentality. The "pretty" and the rich....even though you don't appear to be either.
 tgif111
Msg: 1517
Posted: 1/15/2015 5:45:36 AM
race relations sure have improved since Hussein Obama became golfer in chief hasn't it?
sure is great to have so many black people working again isn't it.
I feel so secure since B.O. has let the terrorists out of Gitmo.
it makes me feel so warm when the community organizer bows to arab rulers and refuses to use the word 'Islamic " terrorist.

6 years of Demon-Crap rule sure feels good.

the tanning salon was just one of my businesses and I didn't work there. I had a manager and 5 employees all making an honest living.

then B.O. put a brand new 10% tax on tanning salons but not on fitness gyms that also had tanning. when I saw that I SOLD the tanning business to a woman who fired all my employees putting them on unemployment with the new owner and her daughter taking all the hours. my former employees are still on gov't assistance and the new owner of the salon closed up shop when a planet fitness moved in nearby who didn't have to pay the 10% tax.

once again the no good slime bag Obama strikes again. he's a douchebag.
tax and spend again.

Orione7
Msg: 1518
Posted: 1/15/2015 6:34:29 AM
Tanning salons are being banned in a few countries due to skin cancer.
So Great... no more left in the pizza oven too long looking people.
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 1519
Posted: 1/15/2015 7:26:15 AM
Well I'm sure those tanning salon employees will be able to get a job at Walmart or the like, its not like you need a college education to spray on tanning lotion or book appointments. It is sad when folks get laid off, it will be happening here now with the oil prices tanking. I'm sure everyone will blame that on your President or my Prime Minister. Most of the conservatives wouldn't blame my Prime Minister...he's white. And your country had a recession and black, white and every other race was effected, funny how that works - poor and unemployed knows no colour.
 chameleonf
Msg: 1520
Posted: 1/15/2015 9:15:36 AM

the tanning salon was just one of my businesses and I didn't work there. I had a manager and 5 employees all making an honest living.

then B.O. put a brand new 10% tax on tanning salons but not on fitness gyms that also had tanning. when I saw that I SOLD the tanning business to a woman who fired all my employees putting them on unemployment with the new owner and her daughter taking all the hours. my former employees are still on gov't assistance and the new owner of the salon closed up shop when a planet fitness moved in nearby who didn't have to pay the 10% tax.

Yup, this makes as much sense as the rest of your nonsensical posts. You close up shop because you are facing a 10% tax. Let's use nice round numbers. Say you were bringing in a profit of $50,000. Take 10% off of that for a reduction of $5,000 in profit. The person you sell to doesn't like the 10% tax either so fires EVERYone, putting 6 people out of a job. You could have had one of the 6 people you had working work part-time, the rest working the hours they were, ate the 10%, and kept the people working who are apparently "still on government assistance". In effect, you cut the nose off of 6 employees to spite your own face and then have the nerve to blame it on Obama because all 6 employees are still on social assistance. Who's the douchebag?? Oh right, you were making a statement about being unfairly taxed. Funny thing is those who are still in the business and paying the 10% tax are having a portion of said tax going toward the social assistance your jobless past employees are collecting. Carry on...
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 1521
Posted: 1/15/2015 9:52:15 AM
All that would make sense if the original owner who employed the 6 workers worked there himself...but he didn't...so he had hired help-which apparently could be done by the new owner and their daughter.

When competition moved in next door that the new owner couldn't compete with the business closed.

Other than all that...it's "Obama's Fault"
 tgif111
Msg: 1522
Posted: 1/15/2015 9:55:25 AM
ate the 10%, and kept the people working who are apparently "still on government assistance". In effect, you cut the nose off of 6 employees to spite your own face and then have the nerve to blame it on Obama because all 6 employees are still on social assistance. Who's the douchebag??

you are the douche bag along with Hussein Obama.

so I was supposed to eat the 10% huh? phuck u.

Hussein didn't put the 10% on tanning only. the planet fitness and other gyms simply wrote up the tanning along with the fitness program and didn't HAVE TO PAY the 10% you lowlife. I sold the place because I saw that this would happen. so just use your vagisil and shut the flock up. you're clueless.

from the idiot above
Other than all that...it's "Obama's Fault"
he didn't make the tax clear that everyone who had tanning has to pay the tax. instead the gyms found the loophole and DID NOT HAVE TO PAY THE TAX because they wrote it up in their books as fitness. didn't ANYONE on this thread ever actually work in a business or did you just play golf????

democraps - tax and spend again! give the money to loafers.
 cotter
Msg: 1523
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2015 9:56:34 AM
Message 1651 ...
the latest example is Hussein Obama's ...
LMFAO

I can't tell if his racism is against the Muslims or the blacks ... probably both though.

Here he goes again reminding us how he's honoring our president ... so I'll remind him again what the president's name really means ... Hussein is an Arabic name which is the diminutive of Hassan, meaning "good "handsome" or "beautiful".

... free community college grift.
Not a gift ... "free for everybody who is willing to WORK for it”. You left the important part out in order to make it look like students didn't have to do anything but get in line for a handout.

My daughter would be more than willing to put in some work time if she could get free tuition. She's never had a problem with maintaining a high point-hour ... usually a 3.8 ... which is what I also did when I went to nursing school after being out of school for 30 years. I told all of my children that if I can do it, they can too. I was able to use the Pell grant for school because I was too poor to pay my way. I had to borrow against my life insurance policies to pay my rent and utilities and buy food. I had to go to food banks for help as well.

We give all kinds of money to the refugees to go to college ... free tuition, free books, free lab fees, free transportation, and usually supplemental housing as well as Welfare with free health benefits and food assistance programs. I've never heard one teabagger or republican say anything about all the money we spend in that way. Never once.

Why would teabaggers / republicans be opposed to helping our own citizens? Why do they consider our own citizens as the 47% with their hands out, but have no problem passing out all that "entitlement money" to people who (many here under false pretenses) have never paid a dime into our tax system.

I think it's high time we offer similar help to our own citizens.

Message 1654 ...
I feel so secure since B.O. has let the terrorists out of Gitmo.
BOO! ... watch out, they're coming to get you ... the sky is falling!

I've given medications to people in county jails that are much more dangerous than the people they released from Gitmo. I know it's a lot to expect but do us a favor ... pay attention. They didn't let anyone out that was guilty of doing anything except being sold to the US government under false pretenses. LMAO ... your tax dollars hard at work paying millions to the Pakistanis for "fake" terrorists ...

Where is your complaint about wasting our tax dollars with that brilliant program?
 _babblefish
Msg: 1524
Posted: 1/15/2015 10:13:46 AM
you are the douche bag along with Hussein Obama.

so I was supposed to eat the 10% huh? phuck u.

Hussein didn't put the 10% on tanning only. the planet fitness and other gyms simply wrote up the tanning along with the fitness program and didn't HAVE TO PAY the 10% you lowlife. I sold the place because I saw that this would happen. so just use your vagisil and shut the flock up. you're clueless.

democraps - tax and spend again! give the money to loafers.

you should have those bullet holes in your foot checked out;

any entrepreneur remains an agent of change . . you keep up the good fight for those melanoma chambers, btw;
you didn't sell the place cuz you saw some writing on the wall, you couldn't find a replacement store manager that
would work for $10 an hour and you blamed the POTUS for this .. < do you and others think by creating new profiles no one remembers what the stupid gene had you scribbling?
 chameleonf
Msg: 1525
Posted: 1/15/2015 10:46:23 AM

didn't ANYONE on this thread ever actually work in a business or did you just play golf????
Er, yup, so happens I'm self-employed so do have a clue what it takes to run a business, never mind work for one. If your "story" is even true, I can't help that you weren't inventive enough to keep your business running because of the 10%, opted to sell in a hissy fit and were the cause of 6 people ultimately being out of a job. There are plenty of gyms with tanning salons and stand alone salons here in very close proximity, with each being taxed in a different manner. You ultimately were responsible in the end for the 6 people being out of a job because YOU wanted to continue to line YOUR pocket the way you were previously accustomed to instead of slightly downsizing your operation. You're guilty of exactly what you're attempting to accuse Obama of. Keeping or putting more money in your pocket at the expense of the livelihood of others.

lmfao...you're such a class act. The trouble is, there are so many clueless morons out there like you, which is more at the heart of your country's problem than anything else.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Election 2014: Karma is a b!tch