Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Election 2014: Karma is a b!tch      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 1551
Election 2014: Karma is a b!tchPage 63 of 90    (50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90)

LMAO at his attempt to flame bait ...

Is that all you've got? That's been done before and I can't imagine that anyone cares to take that bait.

Well... that happens... When you have to keep jumping to see over the fence... you miss a lot between jumps...

Or... maybe other peoples' ankles and shins... are less sensitive than he thinks they are...
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 1552
Election 2014: Karma is a b!tch
Posted: 1/16/2015 9:46:17 AM

It's ironic that liberals are all about Science when they want to impose their agenda on everyone...

And yet... there is nothing ironic... about a conservative's inability to understand even basic science... yet still try to use that lack of understanding... to make claims about science...

What a maroon

B. Bunny
 tgif111
Msg: 1553
Posted: 1/16/2015 9:52:31 AM
I wrote:
The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Friday shows that 48% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Obama's job performance. Fifty percent (50%) disapprove (see trends).

The latest figures include 24% who Strongly Approve of the way Obama is performing as president and 39% who Strongly Disapprove. This gives him a Presidential Approval Index rating of -15.

only 24% of you Liberals strongly approve. I assume many of those are blacks who would say he's doing a great job even if he robbed a convenience store, pushed the clerk and then tried to kill a policeman. the others are those who recently heard of his free tuition and maternity leave bribes. some are the addle brained zombies who want to make dope legal. the rest (here on this thread) are misguided zealots who think that giving everything away for free, killing unborn babies and deriding hard working people who pay for the loafers and pregnant teens is very patriotic. you each contribute to America's downfall and slide.

you responded:

from mungo

Well... that happens... When you have to keep jumping to see over the fence... you miss a lot between jumps

from cotter

Is that all you've got? That's been done before and I can't imagine that anyone cares to take that bait

that will be my answer to you now for things you put up.

when Kardashian Society Liberals can't answer they make fun and evade.
at least Irish puts up a fight.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 1554
Posted: 1/16/2015 9:53:34 AM

It's ironic that liberals are all about Science when they want to impose their agenda on everyone but when modern science is used to show that babies feel pain at 20 weeks and republicans try to pass a bill to spare the baby the pain liberals are all up in arms..

Not as ironic as Rick Santorm's (who favors the criminalization of all abortions) wife getting an abortion at 20 weeks.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 1555
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2015 10:02:30 AM

those are state taxes. I was quoting all taxes.
I'll resist all efforts to take my money and give it to loafers.

Obviously rich who earn higher wages will pay more taxes since it is a progressive system. Way it should be. Flat taxes actually hurt middle class at the expense of the rich. I can start a whole thread on that disguise.

But the real filthy rich can avoid a lot of taxes because they don't have wage income. Why do you think many, like Bloomberg, don't take salaries? They aren't doing it to be nice.

What they do is keep their wage income so low that they fall into a bracket that exempts them from capital gains. That's why they get paid in stock. But the loop hole is open to most people. Problem is most people who work get paid wages and invest very little in equities.
 etourdi65
Msg: 1556
Posted: 1/16/2015 10:33:28 AM

Not as ironic as Rick Santorm's (who favors the criminalization of all abortions) wife getting an abortion at 20 weeks.
Heartless much?...maybe you should do a little research before you commit your derps....

Karen Santorum did not have an abortion

http://www.salon.com/2012/01/06/karen_santorum_did_not_have_an_abortion/

The santorums situation has nothing to do with the rest of you sciencey liberals using science to promote your agendas and ignoring the science in regards to fetal development,..used to be the argument was that early development babies couldn't feel pain so it was ok to cut them apart inside the womb with scalpels...
 tgif111
Msg: 1557
Posted: 1/16/2015 10:37:35 AM
^^^^^^ I think you're right Joe.

the trick is to make a lot of money then switch to other non taxable or low tax entities.

it's not foolproof.

in the Obama Recession my brother lost $400,000 in his portfolio. he fired his broker of course.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 1558
Posted: 1/16/2015 11:05:10 AM

in the Obama Recession my brother lost $400,000 in his portfolio. he fired his broker of course.

ROFLMAO...your brother and his broker have to be idiots...the market has risen almost 2 1/2 times what it was when President Obama took office in January of 2009.

I think you're right Joe.

the trick is to make a lot of money then switch to other non taxable or low tax entities.

it's not foolproof.

There goes that 767 flying right over your head....

Earning lots of wages and putting them into low tax vehicles (typically low return vehicles) doesn't get one away from standard income tax rates. And I wonder? What nontaxable vehicles?

What Joe spoke of, which I have often written about, is executive "COMPENSATION"...deferred stock, options, futures, grants, rights, and other forms of non-wage (but really wages) compensation, which are taxed as long term capital gains and not as wages. The working stiff gets wages which are taxed at standards income tax rates. The tax arbitrage on non-wage compensation lessened when the rate on long term gains went from 15% to 20%
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 1559
Posted: 1/16/2015 11:17:06 AM

The santorums situation has nothing to do with the rest of you sciencey liberals using science to promote your agendas and ignoring the science in regards to fetal development,..

And the irony continues... conservatives using their lack of scientific understanding to make claims about science...

And... when it is pointed out... doubling down on their lack of scientific understanding...
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 1560
Posted: 1/16/2015 12:08:08 PM
sciencey liberals Lurve it!! So that'd make ya'll
Cargo Cult Conservatives ?
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 1561
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2015 12:10:53 PM

That is what happens in a downturn, but it was only a paper loss why the frack didn't he just hold? It was only a loss because he sold.Now he would be doing good.

That reiterates my point though. The rich has generally other asset classes so they can survive downturns without taking a loss. Average person who has no reserves will lose because they invest their food money.

The idea isn't to make more wage income. The idea is to make little or no wages and get compensated in equities. It is the asset class that matters.

Go examine a 1040!

Your brother didn't need a broker, he just needed a good Vanguard index fund and he would be ahead of what the broker did.

I suspect the conversation went more like this:

Broker: hold on to it. The loss isn't real. You still own the stocks
Brother: OH MY FRACKIN GOD..I lost 400k please sell it before I lose more.
Broker: Don't do it
Brother: Do it now!

More of the above:

This is how it goes! More stressful than LE.
 tgif111
Msg: 1562
Posted: 1/16/2015 12:34:00 PM

That is what happens in a downturn, but it was only a paper loss why the frack didn't he just hold? It was only a loss because he sold.Now he would be doing good.

he did hold on to much of it.
I was quoting a paper loss and at that time that is how much his holdings declined. he got the $400,000 back and is doing better as are most stock holders.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 1563
Posted: 1/16/2015 12:46:16 PM
Karen Santorum didn't have an abortion--she had an induced labor of a non-viable fetus at 20 weeks. It didn't survive; it couldn't have survived. The procedure saved her life. Her husband insists that one can't have an abortion, even to save the mother's life. He also doesn't admit the murky moral world he lives in.

The politics of fetal pain is fairly complicated. Trust the Cargo Cult to make it a simple black/white issue. . . .

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/17/health/complex-science-at-issue-in-politics-of-fetal-pain.html?pagewanted=all
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 1564
Posted: 1/16/2015 12:52:44 PM
**** Double post ****
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 1565
Posted: 1/16/2015 12:54:22 PM

Posted by Bluemoon24_7:
"...terrorist treats..."

Real nice of you to make fun of the many innocents hurt and killed in the past two weeks alone.
Radicalized Islamic thugs are a nightmare for the whole globe. Terrorism must be treated as a war, not a police action.

On the heels of the horrific murders in Paris...authorities in Belgium halted another attack poised to happen.
Terrorists are not a "treat" as you wrote or even remotely funny. Liberals are already "blaming the victim" of decent, honorable, and law-abiding Jewish people in their many cities and towns throughout France.
 nocrapzone
Msg: 1566
Posted: 1/16/2015 1:04:00 PM
That poster, c €£¥×er, should be happy.

there is a mass exodus of Jews from France, most of them educated, law abiding, gainfully employed professionals eho are loyally devoted to, and love, France .

but they cannot feel safe there.

once again the lowest common denominator wins, Islamic terrorist thugs.

France's loss will be the UK s gain, and in some cases the USA or Canada 's.
 cotter
Msg: 1567
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2015 1:46:40 PM
Message 1694 ...
in the Obama Recession my brother lost $400,000 in his portfolio.
BS post ...

And why is it President Obama's fault? I thought he was the one that inherited the broken economy from Mr. "WMD" ... your hero, the war monger!

Message 1698 ...
I suspect the conversation went more like this:

Broker: hold on to it. The loss isn't real. You still own the stocks
Poster called him on his BS post ...

Message 1699 ...
he did hold on to much of it.
I was quoting a paper loss and at that time that is how much his holdings declined. he got the $400,000 back ...
"BS poster" admits he was lying ...

Kinda makes you wonder why he didn't just tell the truth to begin with. Oh wait ... because then he wouldn't have been able to make it look bad for President Obama ... right?

Message 1702 ...

"...terrorist treats..."

Real nice of you to make fun of the many innocents hurt and killed in the past two weeks alone.
I have a feeling that if you would have looked at that post a couple of times you would have seen that there is a possibility that it was a typo. Just guessing here ... could that word be "threats" instead of what you were thinking?

Liberals are already "blaming the victim" of decent, honorable, and law-abiding Jewish people in their many cities and towns throughout France.
Who is doing that ... please show a link where we can go read about it.

We all know (because the terrorists have admitted to it) that the US is a target because we support the Zionists ... but who is now saying that residents of France are in any way deserving of being targeted? I'd be interested in reading about that and discovering what their theory is.

Message 1703 ...
there is a mass exodus of Jews from France, most of them educated, law abiding, gainfully employed professionals eho are loyally devoted to, and love, France .

but they cannot feel safe there.
I repeat ... who is doing that ... please show a link where we can go read about it.

France's loss will be the UK s gain, and in some cases the USA or Canada 's.
According to the "Zionist in chief", they're all moving to Israel to fill the illegal settlements that are being built on stolen Palestinian land. If that is truly the case, I don't see any winner there.

If they move to Israel onto stolen property, they will eventually be asked to leave. Where will they go then ... especially if they don't feel they can go back to France?
 robaustralia
Msg: 1568
Posted: 1/16/2015 2:26:20 PM
MSG 1704

Perpetrating the myth of stolen Palestinian land is just proving you are ant-Semitic.

hile the Arab-Israeli conflict today is a diplomatic and military one, it is also composed of a third element — the media. Not being confined, the media debate has spread throughout the internet, online newspapers, online journals and of course, blogs.

Although contributors to online blogs and threads often offer nothing more than rubbish and repartee, there exists a lively and healthy debate on the Arab-Israeli conflict. One of the main points of contention on most blogs and discussions I have seen center around one issue. Pro-Palestinian writers claim that in 1948, Israel appropriated Palestinian lands and villages to create their own cities and agricultural communities. Pro-Israel writers offer good counterpoints but these are often insufficient to properly negate the argument and win the debate.

Debaters from both sides of the argument often use sources gleaned from political, left or right-wing sources and this damages the quality of the argument since the proofs brought are often nothing more than the biased views of extreme groups. When making an argument, it is important to find credible information from sources that cannot be attributed to a specific political slant.

The first part of the argument that Zionists stole Palestinian land can refer to the British Mandate period before the creation of the State of Israel in 1948. Arab absentee landowners owned most of the land eventually used by the UN to create the State of Israel and their willingness to sell the land to Jews demonstrates evident disinterest in maintaining ownership over it.

Furthermore, Arab governments displaced their own populations in far greater numbers than the Jews displaced Palestinian Arabs up until the 1930's. Jews were careful not to buy land in areas that would cause Arab displacement and instead bought uncultivated land in remote areas. Israeli leaders at the time discouraged Jews from displacing Arabs and placed heavy importance on a continued Arab presence in the land.

In January of 1937, Ben Gurion testified before the Palestine Royal Commission in which he said, "We will work it out together, and we will see to it that not a single Arab cultivator is displaced, but he should not only remain, but his conditions should be improved, and, by intensification, new room should be created for new Jewish settlers."

However, even with this proposed cooperation, Arabs often sold their land to Jews when they decided to move elsewhere or when they needed the money to invest in promising Jewish-owned business projects.

THE PEEL COMMISSION OF 1937 FOUND ARAB CLAIMS THAT JEWS STOLE THEIR LAND AS BASELESS. Land shortages were due more in part to massive Arab immigration to Palestine from other Arab countries than to Jewish land purchases. Chapter IX of the Peel Commission states,

"The shortage of land is due less to purchase by Jews than to the increase in the Arab population. The Arab claims that the Jews have obtained too large a proportion of good land cannot be maintained. Much of the land now carrying orange groves was sand dunes or swamps and uncultivated when it was bought."
Whereas the British resigned much of Palestine to be "uninhabitable," the Jews took this "barren wasteland," drained the swamps and "made the desert bloom." Many of the Jewish-owned citrus groves at the time were situated on sand dunes viewed by the British as "uncultivable."

It is without doubt that the Jews, in their quest to purchase and acquire more land, did not take any land from Arabs unlawfully. Furthermore, Arab absentee landlords living elsewhere and real estate brokers sold their land to Jews at an inflated cost.

As of today, not a single person representing the pro-Palestinian view has been able to contradict this reality using any official documentation, land data or historical records.

Furthermore, the Peel Commission admitted that Arabs on the whole, benefited from a growing Jewish presence in the land as they brought economic prosperity and stability to Palestine and its inhabitants.

"The Arab population shows a remarkable increase since 1920, and it has had some share in the increased prosperity of Palestine. Many Arab landowners have benefited from the sale of land and the profitable investment of the purchase money. The fellaheen are better off on the whole than they were in 1920. This Arab progress has been partly due to the import of Jewish capital into Palestine and other factors associated with the growth of the National Home. In particular, the Arabs have benefited from social services which could not have been provided on the existing scale without the revenue obtained from the Jews."

UP UNTIL 1948, THE PALESTINIAN ARAB POPULATION GREW APPROXIMATELY 120 PERCENT. This population growth occurred in tandem with Palestinian Jewish population growth and for reasons often overlooked. Jewish immigration and subsequent economic growth in Palestine led to increased Arab immigration from other countries by those seeking economic opportunity. Many Arabs at the time wandered around the Middle East seeking sustenance and a means to support their families.

Arab claims that they were displaced from their homes after living there generation after generation for thousands of years were baseless and fabricated. Most Arabs living in Palestine prior to 1948 had come from Arab lands in search of subsistence and had not been in Palestine for more than a few years.

In addition, the Jews cleared unused land, drained swamps in the Jezreel Valley and surrounding areas and in doing so, helped rid the country of its widespread malaria problem. They established medical clinics, improved water supplies and developed better solutions to deal with sanitation. All this, directly led to better health, higher standard of living, longer life expectancy and a lower infant mortality rate.

It is clear that Arab complaints against Jews were, for the most part, politically motivated, and did not reflect the reality in Palestine at the time. In comparison to their lives in Arab countries or the situation in Palestine before massive Jewish immigration, Arabs saw a consistently increased improvement in their standard of living, overall health and improved economic stability — all while cultivating their own land.

Israel Kasnett lives in Israel and is a pro-Israel advocate and political strategist. This article was published July 20, 2008 in Neo Constant
http://www.neoconstant.com/429/the-myth-of-stolen-arab-land/

_________________________End of Story___________________________
HOME July — August 2008 Featured Stories Background Information News On The Web
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 1569
Posted: 1/16/2015 2:36:56 PM
the Obama Recession

Here's your wiki:
2007–2009: Bear market. A renewed bear is recognized in summer 2008 and multiple volatility records are set that autumn. Another acute phase in early 2009 brings the index to new 12½ year closing low of 6,547.05, on March 9, 2009, for a total loss of 54% in 17 months.
Obama had been in, what?, six weeks at the low point. That makes him pretty big and powerful, eh? No wonder the Cargo Cult is scared pantless over the man, lol!
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 1570
Posted: 1/16/2015 3:02:44 PM

MSG 1704

Perpetrating the myth of stolen Palestinian land is just proving you are ant-Semitic.

http://www.neoconstant.com/429/the-myth-of-stolen-arab-land/

Your entire diatribe is... utterly irrelevant...

It does nothing to prove the point you attempt to make (antisemitism)... because it does not address the point the poster made... The poster didn't say anything about the 1948 partition... not that it would establish that even if she had...

That is you making up a conversation... in your own head...
 tgif111
Msg: 1571
Posted: 1/16/2015 3:26:35 PM
well cotter WHEN do we get to call it the Obama recession? because we are still in it.
how many trillions will he blow before it becomes his?
 tgif111
Msg: 1572
Posted: 1/16/2015 5:19:34 PM
READ IT AND WEEP POOCHIE

people don't believe the White House Numbers. here's the latest on Hussein Obama's failure after 6 sickening expensive years......

Latest Reuter's Poll:

Dive: Just 37 percent approve of Obama in week marked by Paris MIA

By Paul Bedard | January 15, 2015 | 3:33 pm
? ? ?

President Obama’s public approval rating has dropped to just 37 percent, with 55 percent disapproving of his job performance, according to the first Reuters/Ipsos political tracking poll of the year.

The poll clashes with Gallup, which last had Obama at a 46 percent approval rate. During the period, the president was hit for not sending an important member of his team to the protests in Paris over recent al Qaeda terrorist killings.

RELATED: Americans unsure if Obama or Republicans should guide country

Worse, with the GOP in charge of Congress, more say that the Republicans “have better plans on the economy, taxes and foreign policy than do Democrats,” said the newly released poll.

Poll: Only 1 in 4 buy Team Obama's claim unemployment improving

Most Americans in a new poll believe the unemployment numbers are worse than what the White House claims.

Democrats, however, continue to hold the edge on the environment and welfare.

RELATED: Obama regroups after Paris no-show criticism

The poll was conducted Jan. 10-14 and included 634 Democrats, 646 Republicans and 230 independents.

Overall, 56 percent said that the nation is on the “wrong track,” while 26 percent said the nation is on the right track.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/dive-just-37-percent-approve-of-obama-in-week-marked-by-paris-mia/article/2558727
 gtomustang
Msg: 1573
Posted: 1/16/2015 8:05:53 PM
"Terrorism must be treated as a war, not a police action....authorities in Belgium halted another attack poised to happen"

>>>Ironically, thosee authorities in question, were Belgian police serving a warrant--a police action. During the "1980's Reagan GWOT against Red terrorist groups in Europe" (how's that for a label), many have theorized the real end to communist-backed terrorist groups (Italy's Red Brigades, Action Direct, Baader-Meinhof Gang, Japanese Red Army, yada yada) came from treating them like criminals, and flat out arresting them...and of course, those who resisted got shot.

Heck, how does America deal with its domestic terrorists? Due to Posse Commitatus, it sends in the FBI and then it's HRT, and their record's no worse than anyone else. Other countries of course have their own version of Special Weapons and Tactics they use in situations.

Is this the thread where someone lost $400,000? I lose track. If so, send that person to a real accountant, not just H&R Blockhead. To have a loss like that, one must have Kim Kardashian ASSets, and that's a nice loss to claim against profits. You might not even have to take it all in one FY.

also, the Vanguard recommend is a good one, I've got 'em.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 1574
Posted: 1/16/2015 8:42:35 PM
gto--yes, it was this thread. Shmoopy's brother lost $400,000--only he didn't really. But he fired his broker anyways. He's forgotten the Cargo Cult's talking points. If I recall correctly, the economy crash was cased by HUD making banks make bad loans to black people. [Had nothing to do with credit default swaps. Nothing at all.]
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 1575
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2015 8:45:40 PM

also, the Vanguard recommend is a good one, I've got 'em.

2014 wasn't as good as previous year lol.

Poor broker got fired for telling bro not to sell. Sounded like good advice! If he is telling the truth I suspect he had a bit over a million to begin with. That is assuming he was diversified.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Election 2014: Karma is a b!tch