Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Election 2014: Karma is a b!tch      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 1601
Election 2014: Karma is a b!tchPage 65 of 90    (50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90)

^^Think he is talking about custom bike builders! Recreational sport industry must be doing well!

One of the better... and late... indicators of an improving economy... The middle-range luxury producers (luxuries for the middle class... like custom built bikes) getting backlogged by demand...
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 1602
Election 2014: Karma is a b!tch
Posted: 1/17/2015 1:13:56 PM
While I'm not under the illusion that polls set anything in stone, here's another indicator. . . . http://www.politicususa.com/2015/01/16/obama-skyrockets-americans-approve-disapprove-president.html

I remember back to the 2012 elections, when Romney was dropping, that his supporters started a little exercise in futility--they began "unskewing" the polls. It seems Romney and his advisers bought into it, too. Enough so that, tempting fate, he didn't even write a concession speech. . . . Guess I'll always wonder if the unskewers had gotten off the web and got out and done some goodle fashioned GOTV if it might not have been different for them?

Thing is, so many of them just look poleaxed. . . . http://whitepeoplemourningromney.tumblr.com/

About feelings *being* reality--isn't this what Faux Gnus preaches daily? We already know that Faux viewers know less than those who watch no news at all, lol!
 tgif111
Msg: 1603
Posted: 1/17/2015 1:19:54 PM
from cotter msg 1722

You are promoting the idea that we should discriminate against people of a certain race or religious group based on what a very few are doing. Something is very wrong with that picture

Was I ?

If you are insinuating (which many teabaggers and wingnuts do) that we as a nation/people should discriminate against Muslims based on what a few radicalized murderers are up to, you're knocking on the wrong door mister

A FEW?

I have worked with Muslims (and for that matter all races, colors and creeds) for years and no one is going to convince me that my friends deserve anything but respect from me and anyone else. We all know you have some really out-of-this-world ideas and thoughts, but to promote something like this ... WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?

LMAO at her attempt to flame bait ...

Is that all you've got? That's been done before and I can't imagine that anyone cares to take that bait.

robaustralia
Msg: 1604
Posted: 1/17/2015 2:52:02 PM

Your entire diatribe is... utterly irrelevant...

It does nothing to prove the point you attempt to make (antisemitism)... because it does not address the point the poster made... The poster didn't say anything about the 1948 partition... not that it would establish that even if she had...

That is you making up a conversation... in your own head...

Stating that the Jews stole Palestinian land is condemning Israel and hence is anti Semitic .Which part of that don't you understand?
 _babblefish
Msg: 1605
Posted: 1/17/2015 3:30:20 PM

Stating that the Jews stole Palestinian land is condemning Israel and hence is anti Semitic .Which part of that don't you understand?

you like your own hubris dewd

"The issue of Palestinian refugees resonated with me because I myself was a refugee. ... We came to the U.S. in August 1944 as part of a token group of about 1,000 mostly Jewish refugees ... In 1987, when I read Simha Flapan's The Birth of Israel: Myths and Realities, I was so shocked and disbelieving that it took me a second reading of his book to come to terms with what he wrote at the outset: that the 1948 war was as needless and unnecessary for the "security" of Israel as was the Israeli invasion of Lebanon of 1982. I learned that ... the 1948 war was not defensive, but a war to gain more territory than the U.N. had allotted for the Jewish state and to "cleanse" the area of Palestinian Arabs. I learned that even before the May 15 invasion by Arab armies, Jewish forces had succeeded in expelling some 300,000 Palestinians from their homes, but another 400,000 Palestinians remained in areas that the Jews coveted. Since the Jewish population of Palestine in 1948 was only about 600,000, the Ben-Gurion leadership required war in order to rid the new Jewish state of most of its Arab population."
(Ronald Bleier, November 1992)

Read more: EXAMPLES OF HATE SPEECH BY ISRAEL AGAINST PALESTINE | WHAT REALLY HAPPENED http://whatreallyhappened.com/WRHARTICLES/palestinians.php#ixzz3P7kGSlWI

my question to those throwing out the anti-semitism so liberally < now isn't that hilarious, Jews that openly criticize Israel, what would you call them? and btw, i know such Jews, in fact one in particular has marched in NYC in protest rallies. .
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 1606
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2015 3:34:46 PM
Non-Zionists...not a trick question.
 cotter
Msg: 1607
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2015 3:56:55 PM
Message 1750 ...
Please show where I stated the Jews stole Palestinian land ... I need to know the thread title and the message number.

I have no issue with "Israel" ... my issue is with the Zionists. As I have often stated ... and feel free to quote me ... "Zionism is a political movement. It is not considered anti-Semitic to criticize Zionism." That (just BTW) has been established here on POF for a long time.

We have some resident Jews in here that complain to Admin. every time someone criticizes "Zionism", and it falls on deaf ears because just as others criticize "Democrats or Republicans or Teabaggers" ... we have the right to speak out against "Zionism" in the same way without being labeled something despicable.

Just as the poster in Message 1751 ... I too have friends who openly criticize the Zionist movement. They are ashamed of what the "Zionist in chief" is up to. They do not live in Israel but do have friends who do and their friends are "refuseniks" ... it's becoming more and more popular among the youth. They are sickened by having to comply with orders to murder Palestinians while working in the "occupied territories".

http://www.haaretz.com/misc/tags/IDF%20refuseniks-1.478106
HAARETZ

Sunday, January 18, 2015 Tevet 27, 5775

IDF refuseniks
http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/.premium-1.634184
Graduates of elite Jerusalem high school call for draft refusal
Signatory of letter from dozens of Israel Arts and Sciences Academy alumni: 'Gaza war was straw that broke the camel's back.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/.premium-1.623613
b]IDF refusenik goes on hunger strike
Udi Segal, who describes himself as a conscientious objector to the occupation, has already spent 50 days behind bars

You need to look it all up and read up on what's going on.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 1608
Posted: 1/17/2015 4:32:17 PM
Babble--going to have a bit of difficulty with whatreallyhappened. . . . Been tracking this dude since 2003, when I first got online.

These are his bed mates, according to Alexa

What sites are related to whatreallyhappened.com?
Related Links
1. rense.com
2. propagandamatrix.com
3. prisonplanet.com
4. informationclearinghouse.info
5. globalresearch.ca
6. uruknet.info
7. rawstory.com
8. iamthewitness.com
9. crooksandliars.com
10. americanprogress.org
More
Categories with Related Sites
Society > Issues > Conspiracy > Alleged Crimes and Coverups

What Really Happened (tagline "Putting America First, Second, And Third!") is a website that purports to tell you (what else?) "what really happened." They promote all sorts of conspiracy theories, especially 9/11 conspiracy theories, Jewish banker conspiracies, the Pearl Harbor conspiracy theory, global warming conspiracy theories, and various types of pseudohistory and survivalism. Interestingly, they have sections debunking creationism and birtherism (though they put their own spin on it by positing an out-of-wedlock birth rather than the "born in Kenya" theory). They also have an associated podcast and wiki. So, in essence, it's a poor man's Infowars.

The website's proprietor, Michael Rivero, claims to have started his website and radio show after questioning what really happened to Vince Foster, claiming that his "suicide" seemed like something he saw out of the movie special effects industry, which he works in. Until recently the podcast was on shortwave radio, as well as being carried by the Genesis Communications Network.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/What_Really_Happened
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 1609
Posted: 1/17/2015 6:40:41 PM
We return you to regular programming of "Liberals And Their Wild-Eyed Desire To Violently Push Israel Into The Sea" still in progress. It is the same hateful and vicious anti-Semitic screeching as always, just a different day.
 Orione7
Msg: 1610
Posted: 1/18/2015 2:23:46 AM
Unfortunately the regular programming or "Amerika is the only nation where Israel and jews can never be questioned nor criticised to the slightest degree is still in continuous reruns"
 HondoGal
Msg: 1611
Posted: 1/18/2015 2:28:19 AM

we all know the unemployment figures offer a false sense of security. people don't believe them. they know there's tons of people who have simply stopped looking for unemployment and therefore are no longer on the employment radar. they're on welfare. more than any other time in history.

it's reality because employers are not hiring decent paying jobs ~tgif111

This is so very true. As a landlord I am sure you have seen the great upsurge of persons on public assistance; I know I have. It is unparalleled. Almost all are capable of working; what happened to “Work for welfare”? Heaven knows we need street repairing, sweeping and a great deal more jobs that these persons could perform.

Because of Obamacare the larger conglomerates, which are unionized - Target, Walmart, Home depot and many, many more have cut back every single, non-management employee, to 29 hours per week. This makes it impossible for these persons to survive on the lower wages. Obama effectively cut back an average of $600 monthly from these workers.

If you are insinuating (which many teabaggers and wingnuts do) that we as a nation/people should discriminate against Muslims based on what a few radicalized murderers are up to, you're knocking on the wrong door mister. 

I have worked with Muslims (and for that matter all races, colors and creeds) for years and no one is going to convince me that my friends deserve anything but respect from me and anyone else. ~ Cotter

A hypocrite post. Cotter has consistently badmouthed Somalian Muslims. She pretends to love all Muslims but her many posts maligning Somalians prove otherwise. She has complained of having to wash and tend to the horrid Somalians assigned to her care.

A few radicalized Muslim murderers? Are you insane? Or that uninformed. At least 300 million Islamists are determined to conquer the world. We, the infidels aka the West, are their primary target.

Go work for your Muslim friends in their countries; see how much respect they give you.

NotGorshkovAgain
Msg: 1612
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2015 3:52:43 AM
@tgif111:

Did you want to say something to support your ridiculous claim that we are in a recession? Citing some opinion polls isn't an economic indicator

so I cite this Washington examiner poll taken this week:http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/dive-just-37-percent-approve-of-obama-in-week-marked-by-paris-mia/article/2558727

Poll: Only 1 in 4 buy Team Obama's claim unemployment improving
Most Americans in a new poll believe the unemployment numbers are worse than what the White House claims.

A poll is a poll, not economic data.

we STILL are in a recession. do you know why?
PERCEPTION IS REALITY. Americans overwhelmingly believe we are still in a recession simply because they believe it. I don't know what else to tell you rose colored glassed cheerleaders for a clown.

No, actually, it isn't. Perception is perception - REALITY is reality.

8% of Americans think that Elvis is still alive (POLL). Does that mean he is? (Hint: reality says NO).

25% of Americans believe that the sun revolves around the earth(POLL). Does that mean it does? (Hint: reality says NO)

6% of Americans believe that unicorns are real(POLL). Does that mean they do? (Hint: reality says NO)

Now here's something you'll like, tgif - A POLL!
In 2014, Ipsos did a global survey perceptions of socio-economic data in 14 different countries, on things from the Average age of the population, teenage pregnancy rates, unemployment rates, murder rates, voting, and a few other things. And the USA finished ........ (drum roll) ...... LAST!

So here's a question for you ....... if you think perception (based on polling results) is reality, and a poll shows that perception bears no relation to reality, does that mean that the reality of perception of perception being reality is wrong?
 tgif111
Msg: 1613
Posted: 1/18/2015 5:22:16 AM
you seem sane (which is my perception) so i'll answer you about polls.

I place a poll result in these forums that is not in favor of Hussein Obama and i'm told by Liberals it's not fair or I should put up an average of them or it's the worst I can find to reflect B.O.'s failures. the best the Liberal Spenders can find is that the golfer in chief is at 47% unfavorable.
so if you like polls so much here's the latest from Reuters:

Latest Reuter's Poll:

Dive: Just 37 percent approve of Obama in week marked by Paris MIA

By Paul Bedard | January 15, 2015 | 3:33 pm

President Obama’s public approval rating has dropped to just 37 percent, with 55 percent disapproving of his job performance, according to the first Reuters/Ipsos political tracking poll of the year.

The poll clashes with Gallup, which last had Obama at a 46 percent approval rate. During the period, the president was hit for not sending an important member of his team to the protests in Paris over recent al Qaeda terrorist killings.

RELATED: Americans unsure if Obama or Republicans should guide country

Worse, with the GOP in charge of Congress, more say that the Republicans “have better plans on the economy, taxes and foreign policy than do Democrats,” said the newly released poll.

so do you believe that poll????

PREMISE:
Democrats say the republicans are the wealthy group in our society because they support big business and corporations.
if what they believe is true that many businesses are run by republicans, these folks also direct the hiring. since the majority of republicans don't think the community organizer is doing a good job and since they think Obama(doesn't)Care is a job killer then they are not hiring for the high wage full time decent jobs. they also see the stock market bubble bursting and putting us into a new Recession.

therefore what Hussein wants you to believe is not true. he says the numbers are reality (like you say) but in the REAL reality bosses are not hiring good paying jobs. they don't want to take on the extra expenses of Unaffordable Care Act.

BUT WALMART IS HIRING. are you getting it yet?

the numbers say one thing but the perception is the REAL reality.
 cotter
Msg: 1614
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2015 6:25:35 AM
Message 1755 ...
A hypocrite post. Cotter has consistently badmouthed Somalian Muslims.
Nope ... I point out that we are giving them (and all refugees) benefits that we deny our own citizens. THAT is my issue. I think we should offer our own citizens all benefits we offer those who are living here no matter what their rights are to live here.

Refugees apparently have a right to live here as do our own citizens and I question the need to give non-citizens preferential treatment over our own citizens. I am disturbed about the fact that many of our citizens are going hungry but all refugees have access to food assistance programs. I am disturbed about the fact that our Welfare system requires our own citizens to prove they have a place to live in order to collect Welfare but I don't know any landlord that will allow people to be more than 3 months in arrears and still occupy their home or apartment, however, that's how long it takes for our own citizens to get any kind of help. Not so with refugees.

So you see ... you need to learn to read and understand what I write before you come in here and just start spewing your ignorant derp. If you were really capable of understanding the things I write, you would already know that I do not have a problem with Somalians.

She pretends to love all Muslims ...
I have never posted that I "LOVE" or "HATE" Muslims. My Muslim friends have never done anything to show any dislike to me and they have never tried to push their faith on me the way "X-tians" do.

She has complained of having to wash and tend to the horrid Somalians assigned to her care.
I am not a home health aide ... not a nurse aide ........ I do not "HAVE" to "wash or tend" to any "horrid Somalians". I am allowed to "tend" to them and even "wash" them if I want, but I don't "HAVE" to. LMAO ... I knew though, that I could count on you to post that kind of ignorant foolishness.

At least 300 million Islamists are determined to conquer the world.
LMFAO ... QUICK ... go hide under your bed ... THE SKY IS FALLING, THE SKY IS FALLING! Sooooo ... you really do believe that "ALL" Muslims are out to kill you?

We .......... are their primary target.
Now I must say that as long as you shove money and support to the greedo, murdering Zionists ... yeah you are putting a target on your back. No disagreement there.
 tgif111
Msg: 1615
Posted: 1/18/2015 7:34:23 AM
I don't see where the Jews are training and using CHILDREN to fire automatic weapons into the back of the head and executing grown men shackled on their knees to cold bloodedly murder Palestinian or Islamic people, enemies or not.

I DON'T SEE JEWS SAVAGELY SAWING OFF THE HEADS OF THEIR ENEMIES and then holding the head up in the air dripping with blood like it were a bowling trophy. no one deserves that.

I don't see the Jews marching into a place of employment and opening fire in the name of Jesus.

they use their children as human shields.
Golda Meir said, "“We can forgive the Arabs for killing our children. We cannot forgive them for forcing us to kill their children. We will only have peace with the Arabs when they love their children more than they hate us.”

you're a very sick and black hearted person to support people who train children to kill and use them as shields cotter.

you too Orione below.vvvvvvvv
 Orione7
Msg: 1616
Posted: 1/18/2015 7:37:08 AM
^No they just get their puppets Amerika to do it for them...
 calguy14
Msg: 1617
Posted: 1/18/2015 7:44:00 AM

You are promoting the idea that we should discriminate against people of a certain race or religious group based on what a very few are doing. Something is very wrong with that picture.

Well...if its the same group indiscriminately attacking members of another group....yeah.

I know a political movement that does that ... and what you are promoting sounds an awful lot like it. With this particular group, based on the behavior of one family member, they go hunt down and kill every single family member ... from babies to great grandparents.

Any proof of this?From babies to grandparents?They do have long memories and they never give up looking for missing soldiers...

This needs a thread of its own for full scale rants. :)
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 1618
Posted: 1/18/2015 7:57:31 AM

they use their children as human shields.

They sure do

http://www.localterror.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/israel-Jews-hiding-behind-civillians1.jpg
 robaustralia
Msg: 1619
Posted: 1/18/2015 8:54:58 AM

Please show where I stated the Jews stole Palestinian land ... I need to know the thread title and the message number.e

That would be back in MSG 1703

It is OK though, raving lunatics such as yourself quite often have memory lapses.
 tgif111
Msg: 1620
Posted: 1/18/2015 9:22:37 AM
from CRAZIE COTTER msg 1703 where this liar said the Jews stole land:

According to the "Zionist in chief", they're all moving to Israel to fill the illegal settlements that are being built on stolen Palestinian land. If that is truly the case, I don't see any winner there.

Alzheimer's in a woman like you.......tsk tsk tsk
 Orione7
Msg: 1621
Posted: 1/18/2015 9:32:01 AM
Total Israeli brainwashing in a country that prides itself as one of the leaders of the world.... tsk tsk tsk.
About time more yanks thought like her... she has lived outside the bubble.. lucky her.
 cotter
Msg: 1622
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2015 9:34:00 AM
Message 1763 ...

Please show where I stated the Jews stole Palestinian land ... I need to know the thread title and the message number.
That would be back in MSG 1703
Nope ... not in that message ... try again.

I have never said "the Jews stole Palestinian land" ... but keep looking.

... quite often have memory lapses.
Well the Zionists certainly wish the rest of the world would have a 68-year memory lapse. Not going to happen.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 1623
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2015 10:13:34 AM

Total Israeli brainwashing in a country that prides itself as one of the leaders of the world.... tsk tsk tsk.
About time more yanks thought like her... she has lived outside the bubble.. lucky her.

Actually there is more to it. I think you are saying that Americans are being used as puppets by Israel? If that isn't what you are saying then ignore the rest:

USA is using Israel. Obviously during the cold war they were our " aircraft carrier in the region. But since the Neocon movement there is something much more sinister going on. I noticed you used that word before. Do you realize what they are about?

They might as well have a secret handshake and wear robes because they have practically become cult like. It transcends race. Connie is at heart part of their group. It transcends religion because they are mostly Christians.

They have a Zionist mentality because they somehow(not all of them) got it into their heads that America is great and blessed by GOD AL MIGHTY to rule the world(hegemony). They believe that this CAN'T happen unless the Jews control Israel (chosen ones reference?). Again , this is the belief of many of them NOT all. But this group controls US Foreign policy and we almost got one as President if Mc Cain was elected. Bush was more of a new inductee and not a die hard like the rest of the them.

If Clinton becomes president..WATCH OUT. There are Democrat Neo Cons(John Kerry) and there are the liberal interventionist hawks like Clinton that share a similar world view but have a different plan of getting there.

I shouldn't have to remind you that the Neo Cons took a lot of power during Bill Clinton's term. Ian Bzerinski became head of staff of U.S. Senate Committee on Foreign Relations in 2000.
http://www.antiwar.com/orig/lind1.html
 gtomustang
Msg: 1624
Posted: 1/18/2015 11:51:36 AM
WalMart is unionized?

you don't see people of the Jewish faith cutting off heads and holding them up, but if you were ancient, you could see French doing it at the guilotine (sic). They thought it was humane. Well, in some prisons in America, you can watch a convict die, if for some reason that appeals to you. It may not be so humane. you can't watch a black man get lynched down south anymore. They seemed to have passed a law about that.

Training children to be soldiers? Back in feudal times when life expectancy averaged 50 yrs old, knights typically were teen age or younger, which is why they sound so dramatic in their yearn for young maidens. Now at least we wait until age 18 to send someone to kill. ISIS is just trying to be more bad-ass than al Quada, in order to get more converts. Its like Hollywood gross out movies, trying to find where bottom is.

who gave the Jews the land they claim the Bible says they're due? Oh yes, a guilt-ridden Europe that did nothing about the Final Solution, and gave 'em something the British wasn't interested in taking from the Ottomans anymore.
 calguy14
Msg: 1625
Posted: 1/18/2015 12:03:46 PM
^^^
@adventurejoe
I have tried to point this out concerning Clinton just recently,goes right over their heads.
It makes zero sense to support the destruction of Israel....and this is the stated goal of the opponents of Israel.
The Israelis have a thriving high tech sector which includes military weapons.We need all the help we can get.

@gto
It was a lot more complicated than the Brits simply handing over the land.The Jews performed many dangerous missions for the Brits,this included wearing the uniforms of both Italian and German soldiers.I don't have to tell you what can happen if caught.
The Brits played everybody,including Americans until they really,really needed them.The Arabs supported the Axis and the Axis forces lost....period.

Menachem Begin was not granted a visa for Britain until 72.....the entire story has been kept quiet.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Election 2014: Karma is a b!tch