Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Election 2014: Karma is a b!tch      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 1651
Election 2014: Karma is a b!tchPage 67 of 90    (50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90)

YOU NEED SERIOUS MENTAL HEALTH.

Says the "orange is the new black" man. It must be past bloody mary time and well into the sour mash part of the day.

then you ask about my love life?

No thanks..no need to tell us...I read enough short "stories" already.
 tgif111
Msg: 1652
Election 2014: Karma is a b!tch
Posted: 1/19/2015 11:27:57 AM

It must be past bloody mary time and well into the sour mash part of the day.

you should know, you're the Irishman.

No thanks..no need to tell us...I read enough short "stories" already.

then let me tell you a long one....

there was this babe I met at the Stable Pit and Pub and she was about 22 and really looking good. she told me she really liked the shirt I was wearing so I replied, "how do you feel about what's in it?"
she laughed, winked and said "i'd love to see more" then she sidled up against me and started to grind me a pound then she whispered in my ear, "mmmm that smells good. What do you have on?" I whispered in her ear, "I've got a hard on but I didn't know you could smell it." then she leaned into me and .................. oh, wait did you hear that one already?
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 1653
Posted: 1/19/2015 11:45:37 AM
Did I mention anything about this man's death not being tragic? Did I mention anything about my husband's death being "natural". You sure assume a lot there Wee Willy. Jumping to conclusions is another of your "short" falls. And please, tell us what exactly is the correct mourning period for a President that has already taken the time to visit a widow, offer his support and condolences? A week, a month, a year??? He can't golf for a week, a month, a year?

As to mental health, please, check your own as you seem to be a raving lunatic at times and somehow focused on the President as well as rambling about women. WTF. I can see that little head of yours (the one on your shoulders) and it's flip flopping between "President/penis/President/penis", you must be exhausted with your little imagination running wild. You rant and ramble on, play with "statistics" with no backup, make shit up and then follow all this so called "intelligent" talk with some little tart you "think" was hitting you. What a pathetic little man....and a pervert.
 cotter
Msg: 1654
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2015 12:09:54 PM
Message 1786 ...
And as an aside, pointing out the Hussein part of his name shows more about you than it does President Obama - how pathetic, juvenile and stupid of you Wee Willy.
OMG ... "Wee Willy" and "Woody Becky" apparently have an affinity or aversion because of the president's name.

Further research reveals it means "be good, give forth goodness". Maybe that's why they insist on invoking his name in a despicable way ... to promote hate. I wonder if that's what their religious background is teaching them ... promote hate?

Message 1791 ...
As to his middle name, yes, some Muslims have the same name as do a lot of christians and other religious folks of Arab descent.
If they are invoking it to promote hate towards Arabs, I wonder if they are aware that the Hebrews adopted a version of the name as well ... so they too could use it.

Oh, I you still going to bang that 21 year old gal from that profile you made up? Mungo says "What a maroon", I'm going to have to add "what a pervert".
Oh dear, perhaps it's as close as he can get to "having a child"?

Could also be that women his own age want nothing to do with him so he preys on younger women who might fall for his BS more easily/quickly. (OMG ... could it be? Wee Willy is a "Sugar Daddy"! I wonder if he's on that "Sugar Daddy" website.)

I think the teabaggers are just upset that this president is not a war monger and instead, he tries to use negotiation before he starts shooting from the hip.

Too ... don't forget, there's a lot of "the dumbing down of America" to make up for. We have lost practically a whole generation to the idea that dumb is the way to go. The teabaggers and republicans still worship one of, if not the dumbest president in the history of our country. In 2005, G"W" cut funding for education.

The money hogs have elected the "dumb" to congress and public office so they can manipulate them to pass law after law that will deprive the poor and people of color of their voting rights. I hope we can run out of old rich white guys before the country slips further into the depths of stupidity.

As of July 2014 our nations was looking pretty "dumb" ...
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/wired-success/201407/anti-intellectualism-and-the-dumbing-down-america
**After leading the world for decades in 25-34 year olds with university degrees, the U.S. is now in 12th place. The World Economic Forum ranked the U.S. at 52nd among 139 nations in the quality of its university math and science instruction in 2010. Nearly 50% of all graduate students in the sciences in the U.S. are foreigners, most of whom will be returning to their home countries;
I think we're lucky to be in 12th place with the university degrees considering how dumb our children are getting.

**The Oklahoma Council of Public Affairs commissioned a civic education poll among public school students. A surprising 77% didn't know that George Washington was the first President; couldn't name Thomas Jefferson as the author of the Declaration of Independence; and only 2.8% of the students actually passed the citizenship test. Along similar lines, the Goldwater Institute of Phoenix did the same survey and only 3.5% of students passed the civics test;
So sad ... they get a day off from school to celebrate George Washington's birthday and have no idea what role he played in our country's leadership. They go to the fireworks without even knowing who wrote the Declaration of Independence.

**According to the National Research Council report, only 28% of high school science teachers consistently follow the National Research Council guidelines on teaching evolution, and 13% of those teachers explicitly advocate creationism or "intelligent design;"
Can we get a "Thank you Jeezuz?" I'm betting they're all bible thumpers too.

**18% of Americans still believe that the sun revolves around the earth, according to a Gallup poll;
I'd bet they also think we sent astronauts to walk on the sun too.

**The American Association of State Colleges and Universities report on education shows that the U.S. ranks second among all nations in the proportion of the population aged 35-64 with a college degree, but 19th in the percentage of those aged 25-34 with an associate or high school diploma, which means that for the first time, the educational attainment of young people will be lower than their parents;
Well that's every teabaggers parent's dream ... that their child will end up dumber than they are. Palin's children are a good example of that.

**74% of Republicans in the U.S. Senate and 53% in the House of Representatives deny the validity of climate change despite the findings of the U.S. National Academy of Sciences and every other significant scientific organization in the world;
And that was before the election. Now I'd bet it's more like 80% of Republicans in the Senate and 60% in the House.

**According to the 2009 National Assessment of Educational Progress, 68% of public school children in the U.S. do not read proficiently by the time they finish third grade. And the U.S. News & World reported that barely 50% of students are ready for college level reading when they graduate;
More than 1/3 of our students can't read by the time they finish 3rd grade ... no wonder 17 year olds aren't reading any books. It's kind of hard to educate people when all they know how to do is listen to Faux Snoozz.

**According to a 2006 survey by National Geographic-Roper, nearly half of Americans between ages 18 and 24 do not think it necessary to know the location of other countries in which important news is being made. More than a third consider it "not at all important" to know a foreign language, and only 14 percent consider it "very important;"
Half of our 18 to 24 year olds don't think it's necessary to know the location of other countries where news is being made and I doubt many of them even know where Washington, D.C. is.

**According to the National Endowment for the Arts report in 1982, 82% of college graduates read novels or poems for pleasure; two decades later only 67% did. And more than 40% of Americans under 44 did not read a single book--fiction or nonfiction--over the course of a year. The proportion of 17 year olds who read nothing (unless required by school ) has doubled between 1984-2004;
There you go ... 17 year olds who read nothing probably couldn't read past the 4th grade.

**Gallup released a poll showing 42% of Americans still believe God created human beings in their present form less than 10,000 years ago;
"God" created human beings in their present form? Well, thank you jeezuz!

**A 2008 University of Texas study found that 25 percent of public school biology teachers believe that humans and dinosaurs inhabited the earth simultaneously.
OMFG ... biology teachers that honestly believe humans and dinosaurs inhabited the earth simultaneously ... they must have been watching "Flintstones" cartoons instead of going to class.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 1655
Posted: 1/19/2015 12:59:28 PM
Stable Pit and Pub The one star restaurant that closed in 2008? That one? You're gonna lurve Flalada. Be sure and take your hip boots.

tgif111
Msg: 1656
Posted: 1/19/2015 3:09:45 PM

pointing out the Hussein part of his name shows more about you than it does President Obama - how pathetic, juvenile and stupid of you Wee Willy.

Further research reveals it means "be good, give forth goodness".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I look forward to the day you tell your children to name their offspring's first name as Hussein.
something tells me i'll have a date with Katy Perry before that day comes.

who are you two female buffoons BULLSHITTING???? none of us!
 daynadaze
Msg: 1657
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2015 4:09:48 PM
I wouldn't want them to name their kids George or Herbert or any other name I didn't care for, whether it's a name of a president or not. What the hell?
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 1658
Posted: 1/19/2015 6:20:37 PM

the circle jerk never ends.....

Says the guy doing all jerking...

this is what frosts my balls

How could you tell...? Is such a small quantity of frost even measurable...?

YOU NEED SERIOUS MENTAL HEALTH.

Says the elf with the massive inferiority complex...

I look forward to the day you tell your children to name their offspring's first name as Hussein.

You really are a complete moron... "if you think it is so great why don't you..."... I've heard smarter commentary from turds I've flushed...
 tgif111
Msg: 1659
Posted: 1/19/2015 7:00:48 PM
Hey Mungo Jerry,

did you see the new pic I put up just for you?

it features my IMPORTED ITALIAN WATER FOUNTAIN.

you loved my Italian liquor cart so much I thought i'd treat you to the fountain.

what are friends for?
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 1660
Posted: 1/19/2015 7:20:30 PM
Some days you jus' know you're a political animal, lol!

I love this day. I loved and lived with a man who marched across the Pettus Bridge with MLK. He didn't talk much about his organizing in those days, just that it was something that needed doing, and he was there, and did it. I loved him both for the seeing and for the doing. I loved him even more for being brave enough to do what I wanted to do, but was not brave enough to do. If I'd been braver, I 'spect we'd have met forty years earlier than we did.

So hope ya'll are having a GREAT MARTIN LUTHER KING DAY!!!

And tomorrow~~ we have the President's State of the Union, offering the Republicans a wide range of options, grin. . . . And I'm sure they'll take up quite a few and run like krezzy wit' 'em!

bluemoon24_7
Msg: 1661
Posted: 1/19/2015 7:45:42 PM
Nice post Wooby. I thought of MLK today too. Another thing I thought of, why don't my news programs spend a little more time on the story and the history? I know I live in Canada but this is important for all.

You have had an intersting life, much more intersting than the blow hards on here. You are an inspiration.
 aj7125
Msg: 1662
Posted: 1/19/2015 8:01:50 PM
MLK would have been very disappointed with the protests in Ferguson. He would have had the correct "conversation" at the correct time as far as what is happening. I am sure he would not have used Ferguson as his conversation. His son has said MLK would have been greatly disappointed with the violence. I am sure he would have talked about family values, something that is greatly missing in our society, whether you are white, black or any other color.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 1663
Posted: 1/19/2015 8:11:59 PM

Posted by daynadaze:
"...I wouldn't want them to name their kids George or Herbert or any other name I didn't care for, whether it's a name of a president or not..."

We are in complete agreement about the freedom to name children as parents please.
Your posts are characteristically interesting and informative. These are the chief executives during my lifetime:

President Barack Hussein Obama -- certainly not a middle name I would sentence upon a child
President George Walker Bush -- it is a decent name I suppose
President William Jefferson Clinton -- very cool middle name, an excellent selection
President George Herbert Walker Bush -- not my cup of tea, yet it is fine
President Ronald Wilson Reagan -- Ronald, Wilson, or Reagan are all superb choices
President James Earl Carter -- it is a serviceable and acceptable middle name
President Gerald Rudolph Ford -- it is OK at best, yet far better as a first name
President Richard Milhous Nixon -- does not sound too contemporary
President Lyndon Baines Johnson -- definitely sounds cool and regal
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 1664
Posted: 1/19/2015 8:23:19 PM

President William Jefferson Clinton -- very cool middle name, an excellent selection

Since President Clinton went by Bill, I think the Initials B. J. are fitting.... With what We know about Him........

That said, I would never saddle a Daughter with the Initials B. J...........
 tgif111
Msg: 1665
Posted: 1/19/2015 8:33:00 PM
I get chills all over when I hear the "I Have A Dream" speech.

the night before he was Murdered Dr. King predicted his own death in the "I've been To The Mountaintop" speech when he said:

"Like anybody, I would like to live a long life. Longevity has its place. But I'm not concerned about that now. I just want to do God's will. And He's allowed me to go up to the mountain. And I've looked over. And I've seen the Promised Land. I may not get there with you. But I want you to know tonight, that we, as a people, will get to the promised land!"

He was quite a man.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 1666
Posted: 1/19/2015 8:46:27 PM
aj, I believe you're right.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sunday, January 15, 2012

Thank you, Martin.

http://www.solidsender.com/dstrbo/news/mlk.gif

So, today is Martin's birthday. And I'm glad this country acknowledges it.

But his birthday always brings to mind so clearly to me the first week that he wasn't. It was beautiful weather in D.C. that week. There was a Forsythia in bloom at my back door, and I spent the whole week digging it out, to replace it with a Mock Orange. I had a radio on the porch listening to the news of the riots as I sweated, disentangling the Forsythia's roots from around the construction junk the builders had buried next to the house.

My neighbor across the street with her doors locked was calling frequently, convinced that the rioters were headed our way. (Right, all the women in the neighborhood had to drive to the bus stop to pick up their maids ~~ was she expecting them to take taxis out from DeeCee just to get our little chicken sh!t ghetto?)

As I sweated, dug and pulled, and the sky was blue and beautiful, and 7th street burned and burned, I recall feeling so hopeful. At last they were angry, and standing up!

When I first came East, I worked in the personnel records dept of Hot Shoppes/Marriott. We had thousands of employees in D.C. mostly cooks, busboys, dishwashers. They bought furniture on credit from the stores on 7th Street. Whole house suites. The terms were very easy, the furniture crappy. But the monthly payments were possible even on a busboy's salary. The interest, outrageous, but at least you had a couch to sit on, a table to eat on, and a bed to sleep on -- for a year or two, until it fell apart. Then generally, they stopped paying. And went down the street to buy another set from another store. The owners didn't much care, D.C. had a really good garnishee law. The buyers were sometimes paying for two or three deceased suites as well as the currently useable one. Every time I'd filed another garnisheeing notice, I'd felt outraged. They were paying double or triple what the junk was worth in the first place. And yet I could see no way out for them, then. No one else would give them credit. They were doing what they could. But if I were angry, just standing helplessly by, how much more angry must they be?

And now, 7th Street was being burned! One could see the smoke from the burning city even from Maryland.

I pulled several bushels of construction junk from that hole, and dragged it to the curb. I planted the Mock Orange with much new dirt, and manure, and hope. And it flourished. And I always think of that week as the beginning, though I know it began earlier, with a man who would not have approved of the riots, but who had given the heart and the hope into the making of them and heart and hope did not end when he did. . . .

Thank you Martin.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is a repost of a blog I posted on the Howard Dean blog in 2005
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 1667
Posted: 1/20/2015 3:51:38 AM

did you see the new pic I put up just for you?

it features my IMPORTED ITALIAN WATER FOUNTAIN.

you loved my Italian liquor cart so much I thought i'd treat you to the fountain.

I knew it...no self righteous man would own such a ladies piece of furniture(?)...Willy lives in his mom's house.

I pulled several bushels of construction junk from that hole, and dragged it to the curb. I planted the Mock Orange with much new dirt, and manure, and hope. And it flourished. And I always think of that week as the beginning, though I know it began earlier, with a man who would not have approved of the riots, but who had given the heart and the hope into the making of them and heart and hope did not end when he did. . . .

Wooby I do so enjoy your perspective and postings...I've never commented upon your post about your children...but, that post brought tears and hope to my eyes.

I was a boy of 12 years when Martin Luther King was assassinated. My little annotated recollection of the event was that many parents (white people) thought MLK got what he deserved...they were appalled that black folk would demonstrate in any manner and considered those that did so uppity and undeserving of consideration. It took MLK's death and years before his message was capable of being received by these white folk. They didn't "get it" at the time...and many still don't.
 etourdi65
Msg: 1668
Posted: 1/20/2015 4:27:02 AM
your post is typical liberal revisionist history ...funny how liberals cut out the significant role many whites played in the civil rights movement...Martin Luther King would have accomplished nothing if it were not for all of the whites who heard and understood his message and enabled the changes in laws and attitudes that were made..
 tgif111
Msg: 1669
Posted: 1/20/2015 4:43:15 AM
my memories of DR. KING'S assassination are that my parents and those around me were saddened by this tragic and heartless murder. a great man was lost that day, a man who could have made a big difference had he lived.

I remember in 1984 I went to see JESSE JACKSON in nearby Farrell, Pa when he gave a speech during his run for the presidency.
everyone was shouting, "Run Jesse Run!" I was excited to see this man. there were white people there but the crowd was predominantly black. Rev. Jackson spoke of Dr. King in his speech.

I have a memory of the secret service agents who were not only next to him on the dais but in various places in the crowd perimeter. they wore FOAM-LIKE GLOVES OVER ONE HAND that sort of resembled the hands you see at sporting events that show the index finger pointing as we are "number one".

they were a disguise for the AUTOMATIC WEAPONS they carried. they were NOT inside their coats. they were at the ready to fire them immediately if anything were to happen. it was a chilling reminder of Dr. Kings assassination.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 1670
Posted: 1/20/2015 4:52:22 AM

your post is typical liberal revisionist history ...funny how liberals cut out the significant role many whites played in the civil rights movement...Martin Luther King would have accomplished nothing if it were not for all of the whites who heard and understood his message and enabled the changes in laws and attitudes that were made..

Excuse me if you interpreted my post to mean "all whites of the time", because I did not...I meant a significant number of whites....just as today.

If I recall correctly...wasn't separate but equal a theme of the time???did not the supreme court have to intervene to allow black folk the right to ride in the front of white buses, attend white schools, drink at white fountains, create equal voting g rights and so on...that laws had to be changed to enable black folk to have equal rights and access shows the racial divide of the time...and for many states law changes were forced upon them by the supreme court-they would not have enacted these laws otherwise.

Republicans in many states have admitted current voter ID laws are designed to stop minority voters from voting. Charter schools are popping up all over America with one goal in mind...keeping those poorly educated out (the black folk)...predatory lenders targeted the black community with bad loan practices and then the financial industry bundled these mortgages and sold these mortgages to the general public as quality (thus preying on us all)

Just as white perception of MLK and the equal rights movement was in the 60's so is the white perception of the current black movement of 2014-2015. There is no racial profiling by the police...there is no white justice...there is no white privilege...that 25% of black males between the age of 18-30 are incarcerated at some point in time in their lives only means they are thugs (the new n-word)...

Just more uppity black folk looking for a handout
 tgif111
Msg: 1671
Posted: 1/20/2015 5:08:27 AM

Republicans in many states have admitted current voter ID laws are designed to stop minority voters from voting.

yes, there were 4 or 5 people who admitted it. lol
simply ludicrous and inane.

you needed an ID to get into the last Democratic Convention.

end of discussion.
 etourdi65
Msg: 1672
Posted: 1/20/2015 5:19:26 AM
hit a nerve eh? like I said MLK would have accomplished nothing if it weren't for Whites who listened to and understood his message and the need for change...if you listen to the tapes of Johsnon and MLK it sure doesn't sound like Johnson was kicking and screaming..
You crack me up..my people? My family is from France...

to abide by the laws MLK helped get passed.
Thanks for posting this...being that MLK was not a politician he had no ability to pass any laws..he shed light on the need for change that made white politicians realize that need so they enacted those changes.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 1673
Posted: 1/20/2015 5:22:23 AM

you needed an ID to get into the last Democratic Convention. end of discussion.

So you think?

While there is no right to attend a political convention there is a right to vote.

yes, there were 4 or 5 people who admitted it. lol
simply ludicrous and inane.

Yes, it is inane that republican's think they can restrict voting to the white majority:

Last spring, for example, Pennsylvania House Majority Leader Mike Turzai told a gathering of Republicans that their voter identification law would “allow Governor Romney to win the state of Pennsylvania.” That summer, at an event hosted by the Heritage Foundation, former Wall Street Journal columnist John Fund conceded that Democrats had a point about the GOP’s focus on voter ID, as opposed to those measures—such as absentee balloting—that are vulnerable to tampering. “I think it is a fair argument of some liberals that there are some people who emphasize the voter ID part more than the absentee ballot part because supposedly Republicans like absentee ballots more and they don’t want to restrict that,” he said.

One could spend hours going through the abundant evidence that these laws are meant to discourage Democratic voting.

After the election, former Florida GOP chairman Jim Greer told The Palm Beach Post that the explicit goal of the state’s voter-ID law was Democratic suppression. “The Republican Party, the strategists, the consultants, they firmly believe that early voting is bad for Republican Party candidates,” Greer told the Post. “It’s done for one reason and one reason only ... ‘We’ve got to cut down on early voting because early voting is not good for us,’” he said. Indeed, the Florida Republican Party imposed a of policies, from longer ballots to fewer precincts in minority areas, meant to discourage voting. And it worked.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/08/28/republicans-admit-voter-id-laws-are-aimed-at-democratic-voters.html

4 or 5 republicans admitted using voter ID laws to keep minorities from voting? Only in your perception. It has long been recognized throughout the informed part of America that redistricting and voter ID laws are designed to disenfranchise minority voters.

Why does the black community feel disenfranchised today? Why does the black community feel racism still exists in America today? Why does the black community feel the criminal justice system targets the black community today? Why are there black demonstrations, marches, and riots today? Because all whites are non-discriminatory? Or because some whites are discriminatory?

I said MLK would have accomplished nothing if it weren't for Whites who listened to and understood his message and the need for change

Yes, there were and are whites that have advocated for change...just as there are whites that have advocated for the status quo-the only place racism is dead is in your mind.

While there is no right to attend a political convention there is a right to vote

incorrect. in many states felons are restricted from voting even after all their rights have been restored and all fines paid and incarceration finished.

we have the right to vote but only once and you must be alive and a citizen.. it's been found that people are voting more than once, dead people are voting as well as illegal aliens.

Incorrect? Forgive me if I'm wrong, but if a state restores voting rights-then they are restored.

And please sight specific cases of wide spread in person voter fraud...because the courts have not been presented with any evidence of this in the cases of voter ID laws thqat have been adjudicated.

end of discussion!

ROFLMAO...don't you wish

I wonder where Irish was to hear this.

In my lily white community
 tgif111
Msg: 1674
Posted: 1/20/2015 5:32:47 AM
LET ME MAN-SPLAIN IT TO YOU.....

read this below VVVVVVVVV
 tgif111
Msg: 1675
Posted: 1/20/2015 5:34:45 AM

While there is no right to attend a political convention there is a right to vote

incorrect. in many states felons are restricted from voting even after all their rights have been restored and all fines paid and incarceration finished.

we have the right to vote but only once and you must be alive and a citizen.. it's been found that people are voting more than once, dead people are voting as well as illegal aliens.

it's a well known fact that you liberals America haters want illegals to vote. who are you bullshitting?

end of discussion!
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Election 2014: Karma is a b!tch