Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Election 2014: Karma is a b!tch      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mr_yoshi
Msg: 1701
Election 2014: Karma is a b!tchPage 69 of 90    (50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90)
tgif111 I am curious. Are you friends with TallIQ2?
Frankly Tom, I am not sure between the 2 of you who is the bigger troll. He might be able to pick up a few pointers from you. Actually the more I think about it with your matching leathery skins and evil goals of world domination you two might make a lovely couple.

Your common trickery might make you excellent bed fellows.

Tell us, how many times does POF have to completely boot you off the site for you finally to get the hint?
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 1702
Election 2014: Karma is a b!tch
Posted: 1/20/2015 11:10:57 PM
Joni Ernst, biscuit distributor par excellahnce!

One you've probably heard about is the Keystone jobs bill. President Obama has been delaying this bipartisan infrastructure project for years, even though many members of his party, unions, and a strong majority of Americans support it. The President's own State Department has said Keystone's construction could support thousands of jobs and pump billions into our economy, and do it with minimal environmental impact.

Keystone support dips ahead of Senate battle | TheHill
thehill.com/.../230053-poll-support-for-keystone-dips-as-senate-...
The Hill
14 hours ago - Support has fallen to 41 percent, according to a new poll.

But, but, you see, I'd *already* written the speech. Bet YOU didn't have to wear bread bags to junior high!
 tgif111
Msg: 1703
Posted: 1/21/2015 3:03:54 AM
why believe numbers from a source that has lied in the past? the pretender in chief has stated that "America has never been stronger". I've lived through an America that was geometrically stronger. this is the weakest America has been since the Civil War.

I'm just waiting for Joe Wilson to start yelling at the president again during the SOTU

personally I wish someone would have yelled out "Go play a round of golf, you're wasting our time you liar".

As it turned out when Wilson called him a liar he was CORRECT. he is an inept incompetent pathological liar as evidenced by these bald faced lies.

the founding fathers should rise up out of their graves and biitch slap this traitor:

1. If you want to keep your doctor...... and I'll close Gitmo in my first term......

2. During his 2012 State of the Union speech, Barack Obama claimed “American oil production is the highest that it’s been in eight years.”
In fact, the Congressional Research Service reports that 96% of the increase comes from oil fields out of Obama’s control. By contrast, the production from federally-owned oil fields he does control has dropped by 275,000 barrels a day. It is worth noting that privately-owned fields have increased by 395,000 barrels a day.

3. Obama has told the world there has never been a better friend of Israel in the White House. OMG!
In September 2012, an Israeli newspaper reported that senior Obama Administration officials have told Tehran that Barack Obama does not intend to join Israel in any attack on Iran’s nuclear installations. In May 2011, Obama asked G8 member nations to fund the Arab Spring countries who are clearly on their way to planning an all-out attack on Israel. NETANYAHU WANTS TO GIVE HUSSEIN OBAMA A DUTCH RUB!

4. In May 2011, Obama said the fence between America and Mexico was “basically complete”; yet the Department of Homeland Security admits just 36.3 miles or 5% of the border is fenced.

5. Obama lied and said abortions would not be publicly funded under Obamacare. the baastard!
Despite Obama’s empty lies about no public funding for abortions, a March 2012 edict from the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) unequivocally ruled Obamacare will use our tax dollars to fund abortion.

6. In April 2009, Obama claimed he “saved or created over 150,000 jobs.”
In an odd burst of veracity, his friends at the AP called him on this lie, pointing out that at that point since Obama came to office, the United States LOST more than 1.2 million jobs as per his own Bureau of Labor Statistics. The report continued by pointing out that any jobs “saved or created” by Obama’s stimulus bill were “dwarfed by the number of recent job losses.”

7. He claimed that by the end of his first term, he would cut the deficit in half. OMFG!!!!!
The truth is that he has given us more new debt than all previous presidents combined.

8. Remember Obama telling us there would be no earmarks in his 2009 stimulus package? He lied. The bill had over 9,000 earmarks in it; and of course, it failed to deliver even a small improvement for our economy.

9. Obama told us that without his 2009 stimulus package unemployment would grow to 8.5%. We got the stimulus, and it gave us 44 straight months of unemployment at or above 8%.

10. Obama lied about his position on Gay “marriage” multiple times, moving from “I am not one to support gay marriage” to his “evolution” in May. That was all a convenient pack of lies.

THEN AFTER TELLING ALL THESE LIES HE PLAYED 18 HOLES AT THE GOLF COURSE AND LIED ABOUT HIS SCORE.

worst president since Warren G. Harding.
 calguy14
Msg: 1704
Posted: 1/21/2015 3:07:53 AM
Doesn't Keystone travel through Republican leaning states?What does BO care about real jobs?Real jobs for mostly white people that is.

Obama the best friend ever of Israel?

Wow,now that is a whopper.BO would be the reason the Russians are looking better to Bibi.BO just keeps finding ways to weaken America,you really have to question if he actually wants to see the destruction of America....or turn it into South Africa.
 tgif111
Msg: 1705
Posted: 1/21/2015 3:12:42 AM
KEYSTONE PIPELINE POLLS FROM SOME LIBERAL MEDIA SOURCES.

I REPEAT - LIBERAL.....

• CBS News, Jan. 9-12, 2015. "Do you favor or oppose building the Keystone XL pipeline that would transport oil from Canada through the United States to refineries in Texas?" Favor: 60 percent. Oppose: 28 percent. Unsure or no answer: 12 percent. (Margin of error ± 3 percent.)

• USA Today/Princeton Survey Research Associates International, Nov. 13-16, 2014. "Should Congress and President Obama approve construction of the Keystone XL pipeline that would transport oil from Canada's oil sands region through the Midwest to refineries in Texas, or not?" Yes: 60 percent. No: 25 percent. Unsure: 14 percent. (Margin of error ± 3.6 percent.)

• Pew Research Center, Nov. 6-9, 2014. "Do you favor or oppose building the Keystone XL pipeline that would transport oil from Canada's oil sands region through the Midwest to refineries in Texas?" Favor: 59 percent. Oppose: 31 percent. Unsure/refused: 10 percent. (Margin of error ± 3.1 percent.)

• CBS News, May 16-19, 2014. "Do you favor or oppose building the Keystone XL pipeline that would transport oil from Canada through the United States to refineries in Texas?" Favor: 56 percent. Oppose: 28 percent. Unsure/No answer: 17 percent.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2015/jan/20/joni-ernst/joni-ernst-says-strong-majority-americans-back-key/
 Orione7
Msg: 1706
Posted: 1/21/2015 3:24:19 AM
Like you haven't been bent over by Israel enough.
About time someone stood up to them.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 1707
Posted: 1/21/2015 3:56:51 AM
It is being reported that President Obama has another executive action in the pipeline...one that will require all government contractors disclose political contributions after contracts with the government have been awarded....meaning no more dark money backroom deal or conflict of interest contributions for government contractors.

Repeal Citizens United!

"I have no more campaigns to run," Obama said, attempting to proceed to the next sentence.

However, Republicans saw a chance to snark on the president and seemed to deliver a relatively thunderous round of applause for the comment.

Obama fired back with an impromptu line that got even more positive howls of support from Democratic lawmakers present.

"I know because I won both of them," he quipped.

A new poll from the Washington Post and ABC News gets at this question in a different way, and it suggests that support for Keystone is softer -- and less urgent -- than previously thought. The survey asks people whether they think the pipeline should be authorized now, or whether they think a review should be completed to determine that the project is in the nation's interest.

Just 34 percent of Americans say, 'Build it now.' An additional 61 percent are happy to allow the review process to play out.

Even among Republicans, 43 percent want the review to run its course. Just more than half -- 53 percent -- insist it's time to move forward

tgif111
Msg: 1708
Posted: 1/21/2015 4:15:02 AM
^^^^the pipeline is very popular and people want it to go forward.^^^^^^
the people who are against it are the tree huggers. do you know how many tree hugging environmentalists there are in China? ZERO>>

the pretender in chief remarked about minimum wage last night and to paraphrase said :

How can someone raise a family on MW and a yearly income of $15,000? You try it.

who in his right mind would start a family while he/she is making minimum wage???? IT'S INSANITY.

ohhh but "I want to have a family, with children and a partner and pets" someone may say.

well guess what shitt for brains....PEOPLE IN HELL WANT ICE WATER.

if you can't afford it you can't have it. dumbasses.....

the practicing PGA Amateur also remarked about his "battle" on terrorism (without using the word Islamic) but failed to mention how many Islamic terrorists he has freed since we had them imprisoned. they have gone back to do battle and kill Americans. I CAN'T FVCKING BELIEVE HIM. he is aiding and abetting the enemy!!!

that's why I call him Hussein the Traitor. This slimebag should be in prison himself.
how can ANYONE support him????????
 etourdi65
Msg: 1709
Posted: 1/21/2015 5:50:17 AM
its funny to see liberals and the President advocating for compromise, where was their desire for compromise when they had majority control?...he said he wants compromise but then he takes three major issues off the table keystone pipeline, immigration and Obamacare threatening to use veto power on any bill that endeavors to change or overturn his questionable executive action and his poorly written law..
He also barely addressed national security, its understandable, given the fact that he has done so poorly in that arena..

why is it so hard for liberals to understand that when you give tax credits, free college etc..the money has to come from somewhere?

You guys lack the capacity to see the big picture, I have yet to see any Obama sycophants admit that they were wrong about Obamacare..costs have risen....you guys buy into every single one of the talking points that this administration puts out..

I mentioned before that the numbers the administration puts out are inaccurate you all went into your usual alinsky tactic of trying to ridicule but it fell flat and just shows the extent of your lack of rationality when it comes to anything having to do with Obama..

Just for fun try approaching things from a non partisan perspective.. google can be y0ur friend..
For example Unemployment rate you all use that as some measure of the state of the economy which in normal times might be a good indicator but in these times the U3 does not accurately paint the picture..the size of the work force has decreased significantly which artificially decreases the u3 rate..you all know this but you have to stick with your guy at all costs

The GDP is effected by increased Government spending which skews the number you know this as well

The numbers regarding Obamacare enrollment and what not are also flawed the Head of HHS had to resign because of reporting inaccurate numbers purposefully
 cotter
Msg: 1710
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2015 6:59:07 AM
Message 1860 ...
... also remarked about his "battle" on terrorism (without using the word Islamic) ...
Not all terrorists are "Islamic". Does your Islamophobia keep you up at night?

... but failed to mention how many Islamic terrorists he has freed since we had them imprisoned.
If you had been paying attention you would have seen that the only prisoners that were released were not considered a threat to anyone. They were purchased by the G"W" administration and were being held illegally ... we had no grounds to keep them further in prison ... we had to release them.

... they have gone back to do battle and kill Americans.
Wrong again ... but if you think you're right, why not find a link that proves what you are writing and post it.

This slimebag should be in prison himself.
how can ANYONE support him????????
We knew you'd come around sooner or later ... G"W" and his cronies need to be prosecuted for war crimes ... so glad to see you're finally seeing the light!
 tgif111
Msg: 1711
Posted: 1/21/2015 7:40:56 AM
i'm so glad the the PGA Amateur took time off from practicing his putting to put forth his widely panned SPENDING proposals.
real Americans want to cut the deficit and the Kardashian Society LOVES the empty suit's spending spree.

we have a real good chance to win the presidency and a put a qualified candidate into the ring. when we do that we can repeal Obama(doesn't)Care and put up our own health insurance program that won't be a job killer or threaten to put Americans to prison for not paying it.

therefore, I announce my own candidacy for President Of The United States.

since B.O. was elected with zero qualifications I figure I can do a much better job since I have had success in every realm of business I've been involved in.

I propose that Eric Summit be my Chief Of Staff.
 etourdi65
Msg: 1712
Posted: 1/21/2015 9:43:39 AM

Not all terrorists are "Islamic". Does your Islamophobia keep you up at night?
were the Boston bombers Muslim? was Nidal Hassan Muslim? were the 9/11 hijackers Muslim? were the Charlie hebdo killers Muslim?

simple question for Liberals are there Muslim terrorists? yes or no

You all like to pretend that Islamic Terrorist acts are only a small percentage of terrorist acts perpetrated around the world....if you look at data for 2014 Muslims attacks make up a majority of all Terrorist attacks..

Wrong again ... but if you think you're right, why not find a link that proves what you are writing and post it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lists_of_former_Guantanamo_Bay_detainees_alleged_to_have_returned_to_terrorism
“You’re quite right about the recidivism rate. It’s on the order of 27 percent. There have been 599 detainees that have been repatriated from Guantanamo; some 161 of them either confirmed or suspected to be recidivists.”
James R. Clapper Jr. made before Congress in 2011
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 1713
Posted: 1/21/2015 9:50:16 AM
Shmoopy, the reason polls are taken is that opinion changes over time. Taking a poll from May of last year and giving it equal weight with one taken yesterday is how the Republicans got themselves into so much trubble with the Romney election.

Yesterday's poll, not included in your source, was from the Wall Street Journal--decidedly NOT a leftie source. And gave a 41 plurality, NOT a majority, much less a strong majority. Joni was wrong and doesn't have a strong enough staff to keep her on course. I'd kinda predict that she'll be a one term senator.

BigBadNIrish
Msg: 1714
Posted: 1/21/2015 10:16:12 AM

were the Boston bombers Muslim? was Nidal Hassan Muslim? were the 9/11 hijackers Muslim? were the Charlie hebdo killers Muslim?

simple question for Liberals are there Muslim terrorists? yes or no

You all like to pretend that Islamic Terrorist acts are only a small percentage of terrorist acts perpetrated around the world....if you look at data for 2014 Muslims attacks make up a majority of all Terrorist attacks..

The only ones who wish to condemn an entire religion for the actions of a few are American neo-cons...even the French won't use the term "Islamist terrorists":

WHEN history comes to assess France’s response to the Paris terror attacks of January 2015, it may judge them the moment that a battered nation returned to the values it was founded to protect. “France has lived up to its history,” declared Manuel Valls, the prime minister, during a stirring speech to parliament on January 13th. But it was now “at war”: “not against a religion” but “against terrorism, jihadism and radical Islamism.”

Mr Valls’s words, which earned him an astonishing standing ovation from left and right, came on the day when shock, horror and defiance gave way to national grief. The burial of the three police officers who died during three days of terror, from January 7th to January 9th, spoke to the entire nation: Ahmed Merabet, a Muslim man, Franck Brinsolaro, a white man, and Clarissa Jean-Philippe, a French-Caribbean woman all received the Légion d’Honneur, France’s highest honour.
http://www.economist.com/news/briefing/21639540-attacks-charlie-hebdo-and-kosher-supermarket-brought-french-together-unity

If the neo-cons were really concerned about proper terminology then they would insist on the term "radical Islamist terrorists"...but they wish to place the blame of terrorism on the whole Muslim faith. It's a false accusation with the only intent of scoring political points...it's disgusting politics.

You guys lack the capacity to see the big picture, I have yet to see any Obama sycophants admit that they were wrong about Obamacare..costs have risen....

Of course health care costs were rising at three times the rate before ACA.

immigration

We're still waiting for the teapuppets to send an immigration bill to the President....waiting...waiting....waiting....

I mentioned before that the numbers the administration puts out are inaccurate

Why exactly are the numbers inaccurate...because you say so? YOU used the administration unemployment numbers, like they were gospel, when unemployment was high...the only thing that's changed is the numbers now don't serve your distorted purpose.

A new poll from the Washington Post and ABC News gets at this question in a different way, and it suggests that support for Keystone is softer -- and less urgent -- than previously thought. The survey asks people whether they think the pipeline should be authorized now, or whether they think a review should be completed to determine that the project is in the nation's interest.

Just 34 percent of Americans say, 'Build it now.' An additional 61 percent are happy to allow the review process to play out.

Even among Republicans, 43 percent want the review to run its course. Just more than half -- 53 percent -- insist it's time to move forward

there are millions of jihadists. you know that, fool.
the words "Islamic terrorists" does denote radical, fool.

I'm sure, living in your mom's house, drinking all day long, and watching FOX entertainment, you believe the bullshyte you spew...if it helps get you through the day in you alcohol induced FOX haze...well...so be it...but, your perception of what is real has no basis in reality
 tgif111
Msg: 1715
Posted: 1/21/2015 10:20:37 AM
read it again. it's brand new.........

• CBS News, Jan. 9-12, 2015. "Do you favor or oppose building the Keystone XL pipeline that would transport oil from Canada through the United States to refineries in Texas?" Favor: 60 percent. Oppose: 28 percent. Unsure or no answer: 12 percent. (Margin of error ± 3 percent.)

The only ones who wish to condemn an entire religion for the actions of a few are American neo-cons.

there are millions of jihadists. you know that, fool.

If the neo-cons were really concerned about proper terminology then they would insist on the term "radical Islamist terrorists"...

the words "Islamic terrorists" does denote radical, fool.
 Orione7
Msg: 1716
Posted: 1/21/2015 10:26:49 AM
There are millions of Neocons and some Teahadists too...... equally trash.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 1717
Posted: 1/21/2015 11:01:07 AM

Wed Jan 21, 2015 at 10:30 AM EST
President Obama's State of the Union a big hit with voters

by Joan McCarter

Tweet
108 Comments

U.S. President Barack Obama (C) delivers his State of the Union address to a joint session of Congress, as Vice President Joe Biden (L) applauds and House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) listens on Capitol Hill in Washington, January 20, 2015. REUTERS/Mandel Ngan/Pool (UNITED STATES - Tags: POLITICS) - RTR4M8CR
Wake up, Speaker Boehner. There's some good stuff you might want to hear.
A random sample of voters polled by CNN, both before and after President Obama's State of the Union address, give the president a virtual standing ovation.
Screen shot of CNN poll results on State of the Union.
That's a total of 81 percent approval—51 percent very positive and 30 percent somewhat positive. The president also significantly shifted the needle on support for the policies he talked about Tuesday night. From January 16-19, CNN polled the group and found majority support for the president's policies; 57 percent thought those policies would move the country in the right
direction. That ballooned to 72 percent after they watched the speech.

Some prominent Republicans were not so impressed.

"With all due respect to him, he doesn’t set the agenda in the Senate," Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), the new majority leader, told reporters at an afternoon news conference. […]

"We're going to try to do the things that we think will make America a better place," McConnell said.

And Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-UT) sniffed, "Sadly, it doesn’t appear that President Obama gets it." Hmmmm…. The American public apparently has some ideas about that, and they seem to be on the president's side. McConnell and crew might want to consider that if they really want to hold the Senate in 2016.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/01/21/1359169/-President-Obama-s-State-of-the-Union-a-big-hit-with-voters
 nocrapzone
Msg: 1718
Posted: 1/21/2015 11:03:16 AM
Darren Wilson for Prez!

oops, have to be 2024 or when he reaches the minimum age requirement.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 1719
Posted: 1/21/2015 11:34:09 AM
Line of the night.

"I have no more campaigns to run…I know, because I won both of them
C-SPAN

Length 0:41

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVNC6dAeeyA&x-yt-ts=1421782837&x-yt-cl=84359240#t=23
 etourdi65
Msg: 1720
Posted: 1/21/2015 11:35:53 AM

The only ones who wish to condemn an entire religion for the actions of a few are American neo-cons
wrong again...not condemning a whole religion just those in the religion who use their religion as a justification for perpetrating terrorist acts...

Of course health care costs were rising at three times the rate before ACA
were deductibles? so what if they were rising before.. ACA was supposed to bring costs down....not slow the rising costs

We're still waiting for the teapuppets to send an immigration bill to the President....waiting...waiting....waiting
waiting waiting waitinig for Obama to do his job an enforce the current laws...its funny how liberals create a problem and then use that as an excuse for enacting new laws, kind of like when little kids get tired of a toy they break it and then cry about it and ask mom for a new toy...

it's disgusting politics
nope..aren't you guys the ones who are so concerned with accurately labeling everyone and everything?

by the way did you answer the question? were they all Muslims?
 calguy14
Msg: 1721
Posted: 1/21/2015 11:53:40 AM
^^^
Etourdi,methinks some people here have more in common with Stormfront than they are willing to admit.

Islamist apologists= anti Semite?
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 1722
Posted: 1/21/2015 12:05:32 PM

wrong again...not condemning a whole religion just those in the religion who use their religion as a justification for perpetrating terrorist acts...

So then why are you not speaking out against the christian terrorists?
 gtomustang
Msg: 1723
Posted: 1/21/2015 12:09:05 PM
""I have no more campaigns to run," Obama said, attempting to proceed to the next sentence.
However, Republicans saw a chance to snark on the president and seemed to deliver a relatively thunderous round of applause for the comment. "

>>>I'm sure the supporters of Bush, crying that we all must respect the Oval Office and whoever gets elected by the public to run it, will be commenting on the rudeness of clapping for the President to no longer be able to run for office. And it sounded to me like the Dems clapping in response to the President's quip response was louder than the few Republicans who initially clapped.

The Republican rebuttal was interesting, not just b/c as usual they sent out someone not old and white, which would remind people who's running the GOP. The rebuttal was interesting b/c it didn't tackle much of anything said in SOTU, but instead sold the same old GOP line. Like they're running for 2016 or something.

Its always funny, however, that Democrats are "tax and spenders" but, Ronald Reagan and his budget-busting spending and the taxing he realized needed to be done...never gets him the same slander, "tax and spend Republican". Oh well, even George Bush said "read my lips, no new taxes". Oh wait, he increased taxes, too.

Someone here mentioned there ain't no libs in China. As if smog and their standard of living and their human rights record is proof that having no libs works out for the best :)

Where was the Democrats' willingness to compromise when they were in the majority? Why, it was easy to find! you just have to look in the Republican statement, "we are going to block everything the President does, just so he doesn't get a win." There's your compromise right there--it was killed at the start.

I haven't polled all people who claim their health insurance has gone up in price. the ones I have spoken to, however, mention that their old insurance didn't cover much of anything. Maybe the price went up b/c the law made them get better policies? Me, I have an HSA, so nothing went up since I was already paid in, and any financial advisor now promotes them over IRA's, as far as the first place to dump any excess cash you have left over in your paycheck.

speaking of IRA, are there terrorists who label themselves Muslim? Sure are! Does Northern Ireland have a bunch of terrorists who for decades, claimed to be Christian? Sure are!
 tgif111
Msg: 1724
Posted: 1/21/2015 12:35:52 PM
the worm made the Oval Office into a sludge pit. HE disrespected that office.

the PGA Amateur had nothing to say about the 18 trillion we owe. NOTHING.

he spends our money like a drunken sailor on shore leave the slimey slug.

we spent countless billions to put up Obama(doesn't) Care for 10 million people and it will cost billions more in the future.

we need to repeal this silly law.

AND WHERE IS THE GODDAMN BORDER FENCE/WALL?????
 tgif111
Msg: 1725
Posted: 1/21/2015 12:37:56 PM
from the Rev Al Chalatan race baiter:

"I have no more campaigns to run…I know, because I won both of them

yes he unfortunately won and AMERIC A LOST! we have the recession to prove it.

he's an empty chair.

i'm glad the republicans clapped and hooted at that line. I wish just one of them would have stood up and said what many American patriots think....

"YOU'RE A LIAR AND YOU BELONG IN PRISON."
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Election 2014: Karma is a b!tch