Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Election 2014: Karma is a b!tch      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Olwhatzhisname
Msg: 1776
view profile
History
Election 2014: Karma is a b!tchPage 72 of 90    (50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90)

..and when you understand that this will net out to cost tax payers money, where The Affordable Health Care act will save tax payers moving you will be well on your way to understanding.

?

...and when you understand that this will be paid by Wisconsin State Medicaid(NOT ACA Medicaid expansion) for those who qualify, AND The Affordable Health Care act for those others who qualify, then this - as you say - will obviously save tax payers money as you claim, since the money-saving The Affordable Health Care act will be put into play for those who do not qualify for STATE Medicaid- so saving taxpayers money as you claim.

This is what Wisconsiners voted for. If you dont live in Wisconsin, its not your problem, amigo.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 1777
Election 2014: Karma is a b!tch
Posted: 1/23/2015 9:17:50 AM

......and when you understand that this will be paid by Wisconsin State Medicaid for those who qualify, AND The Affordable Health Care act for those others who qualify, then this - as you say - will obviously save tax payers money as you claim.

Drug testing welfare recipients has already been shown to cost more than it saves.

So do you not understand math, or do you think it is a good idea to spend tax payers money on something that has no benefit to the tax payer?

So unless you think being poor is probable cause to be searched, I guess you can count yourself as someone who does not care about the Constitution.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 1778
Posted: 1/23/2015 10:49:48 AM
http://www.salon.com/2013/08/29/gop%E2%80%99s_inane_money_eating_sham_drug_tests_for_welfare_a_huge_failure/

I think what's operating here is not an actual wish to save the state money, which clearly drug tests don't, but a wish to smack welfare users up along side their heads. The wish/urge is SO strong that sanity (much less kindness or fairness) is put aside. Why not pay a few tens of thousands of dollars to make a few people even more miserable than they are? What we're seeing is, I believe, Romney's 47% remark made flesh.

NO state who's tried this, NONE, ZERO, NADA, NICHTS, has saved a single penny. It's cost every single one of them money. And that's not even including the time of state paid employees to do the paperwork, that's just in cost of drug tests administered.

My favorite? The first one to try: Arizona.

In 2009, Arizona was the first state to adopt a program that drug-tested recipients of welfare whom officials had “reasonable cause” to believe were using drugs. Besides stigmatizing recipients of government assistance, implying that they’re a group of no-good drug fiends, the bill was implemented to try rand resuscitate a failing budget, and Arizona officials believed that testing could save the state $1.7 million a year.

But in 2012, three years and 87,000 screenings later, only one person had failed a drug test. Total savings from denying that one person benefits? $560.
(see opening link)

One kinda has to conclude that Republican elevators stop a few floors short of the top.
 gtomustang
Msg: 1779
Posted: 1/23/2015 1:52:45 PM
Remember, when Jesus handed out bread, fish, and wine....He always made sure to drug test those lazy children of His.
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 1780
Posted: 1/23/2015 2:44:47 PM
As a Commercial Driver I've been Subject to Random Drug & Alcohol Testing for over 30 Years. In those 30 Years I have never Tested Positive on any Test. It costs Me or My Company $65 Dollars a year per person to be a member of this Pool.

Since Driving is a Privilege, not a Right, lets make Everyone that has a Driver's License, subject to Random Drug & Alcohol testing..... If it saves One child's Life, it's Worth it....

I say lets start with all Government Workers, especially those who Write or Interpret our Laws.... There goes Their 3 Martini Lunches.. If it's Good for the Peons, then it's good for the Jefe's/Jefa's, too...... Never will happen, They will always Exempt themselves from such Laws.....
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 1781
view profile
History
Posted: 1/23/2015 3:31:42 PM
^^^my job gives random dole test. But who are they fooling? me and others gone our whole career without one test then come retirement we get called. They seem to be hoping to catch us on the way out so they can stop retirement and fire us instead.

Oh well....got 9 hours overtime(pensionable) that day. I just couldn't take a leak! Their underhanded greed cost them more in the end.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 1782
Posted: 1/24/2015 8:49:21 PM
http://message.snopes.com/politics/graphics/desk2.jpg
 tgif111
Msg: 1783
Posted: 1/25/2015 7:21:42 AM
WOW!
I wonder what happened to my new thread on Obama being interviewed by a YouTube Idiot that drank bathtub milk and cereal while she dunked her skanky body in it??
 NotGorshkovAgain
Msg: 1784
view profile
History
Posted: 1/25/2015 7:32:46 AM

wonder what happened to my new thread on Obama being interviewed by a YouTube Idiot that drank bathtub milk and cereal while she dunked her skanky body in it??

People thought your outrage it was even more stupid than Obama being interviewed by a YouTube Idiot that drank bathtub milk and cereal while she dunked her skanky body in it?
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 1785
Posted: 1/25/2015 8:15:57 AM

Posted by tgif111:
"WOW!
I wonder what happened to my new thread on Obama being interviewed by a YouTube Idiot that drank bathtub milk and cereal while she dunked her skanky body in it?"

tgif111...Liberals are very frequently intolerant of viewpoints other than their own.
If a left-leaning person was truly dedicated to the concept of diversity, they would have embraced that discussion. They could have then posted why they thought an interview with the milk-and-cereal-person was a good thing. An exchange of thoughts and ideas. I am a very inclusive individual and that is why I don't vote for threads to be deleted.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 1786
view profile
History
Posted: 1/25/2015 8:37:10 AM
Oh hell. there are loud mouthed hypocrites in every political group you can name.

Liberals and Conservatives alike, talk big talk about freedom and individual rights, and then both demand that any individuals who disagree should be silenced, or legally obstructed. The whole Liberal idea of protesting persecution didn't come out of no where, it was a reaction to actual persecutions. It's been annoyingly hilarious how various conservatives got mad about the hypocrisy of Liberal Political Correctness, and decided that the way to fix it was to come up with Conservative Political Correctness.

It's an act of hypocrisy in and of itself, when anyone claims that only the OTHER side indulges in hypocrisy.
 NotGorshkovAgain
Msg: 1787
view profile
History
Posted: 1/25/2015 10:44:15 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Amen.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 1788
Posted: 1/25/2015 12:40:14 PM
The lady who attained an interview with the President seems to be a TV and youtube personality. Our President has for long given time to boy scouts, golfers, mountain climbers, bear hunters, cute children, ugly men, and zaftig women. To blame *this* President is ludicrous.

Interesting things about the "skank"--she has a college degree. a very good job, and a tremendous interested following.
Whereas some others can't get ten people to vote yes on their sticking around. . . .

Green established her YouTube channel in 2008, with video interviews, comedy about her life and song parodies. As of August 2014, the channel had accumulated more than three million subscribers and more than 500 million total views.[7] By the same month, six of her individual videos had each been viewed more than 10 million times, such as her "My Push up Bra will help me get my man" video (23 million views)[8] and her cinnamon challenge video (40 million views).[6]
 tgif111
Msg: 1789
Posted: 1/25/2015 8:34:38 PM
what you cited up above Woody is that the Kardashian Society likes to watch skanks dunk themselves in a bathtub of milk and cereal and then eat what they are soaking their bodies in. the "cinnamon challenge" that you offered was of her ingesting a big mouthful of the spice and then blowing it out of her mouth in a gaseous cloud that filled the room.

the other YouTube buffoon asked the golfer about Obama's ACA.
he simply said 'and ObamaCare?'
the Empty Chair answered 'It's working'.
a third clown asked what superpower he'd like to have.

a proper question by one of these guffaw geeks might be "what is your plan to fight global Islamic Terrorism Mr. President?"

and you people have the gall to defend the INDEFENSIBLE?
B.O. couldn't make a pimple on President Ronald Reagan's toe.

I haven't seen anything so stupid since Elvis came to the White House and President Nixon gave him a badge and appointed him as an Official Federal Agent At Large.

http://www2.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/nsa/elvis/elnix.html
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 1790
Posted: 1/26/2015 3:39:50 AM
REPEAL OBAMACARE!!!

This is what John Boehner and Mitch McConnell said to Scott Pelley on 60 minutes last night. But when Pelley asked what the GOP alternative was....Neither could answer:

CBS’s Scott Pelley asked again, “So how do you do it? What’s the Republican plan?” Boehner answered with a weak, “We’re, We’re working on this. Having discussions amongst our members, got a lot of divergent views about how best to go back to a doctor/patient relationship that’s revered.”

Pelley kept hammering away and said that this is one of the biggest criticisms of the Republican Party is that they know what they are against, but can’t tell people what they are for. McConnell said that Pelley was mischaracterizing the success of Obamacare and claimed that the ACA will fail. McConnell said that the chances, of getting rid of Obamacare with Obama in the White House, were slim, but that Republicans were going to make the effort.

Pelley replied, “You don’t have an alternative.”[\quote]
 tgif111
Msg: 1791
Posted: 1/26/2015 5:24:17 AM
i'm critical of the GOP for not presenting a plan as well. Mitt Romney honestly did not expect the golfer to put a healthcare plan up because Romney was assuming he himself would win the election.

since I worked in the Ohio Romney campaign and met with all the four players (Romney, Ryan, Boehner, Mandel) in the conference room I can only surmise that they are waiting for the upcoming presidential election to submit it.

I will say this about any republican health care plan: IT MUST NOT BE A JOB KILLER.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 1792
Posted: 1/26/2015 5:49:05 AM
In the middle ages healthcare was a benefit only enjoyed by the well to do. In today's world it is a requirement of all civilized nations.

One of the distinct disadvantages all American business's have had in comparison to all the other industrialized nations of the world, and has had for some time now, is that American corporations carry the cost of health care insurance on their balance sheet. All the rest of the industrialized nations of the world have health care carried on the governments balance sheet.

Unfortunately, in America, the health care lobby, like many other lobbies, wags the government's tail. ACA, or health care, is a necessity for all American's, but because of the health care industries need for expanded profits is kept private. Health care is one of the major facets of life that keeps a country from becoming a third world nation. If the GOP were serious about jobs, then any proposal they came up with, and there is none to date, then any serious proposal would be inclusive of ALL American's, it would be a plan that when in place would provide meaningful health care-not an insurance plan with such little care as to be meaningless, it would be a plan to address all aspects of the health care delivery system in America-which is so broken and dysfunctional that it remains the highest priced health care in the world, and it would be a health care system that took the cost of health insurance off American business balance sheets-in other words government supplied health care.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 1793
Posted: 1/26/2015 12:44:52 PM

How did 80 people get half the world's wealth?

Hudson begins, “According to every economics textbook and all the Nobel prizes for the last 40 years, this can’t be happening. According to the economics textbooks, the wealthy get rich by adding to production. You earn what you make and they’re wealth creators. But in fact what they’re producing isn’t wealth, it’s poverty. And they do this largely because—I think you can think of them as being creditors. They’re creditors to the bottom 99 percent that are debtors and renters. If you look at these wealthiest families, there are a number of common denominators: They didn’t earn their income, and yet economists only look at how people earn their income. President Obama last week said, “Well, if you have the desire to get rich and you work hard, you can do it.” But that’s not how these families got their wealth.”

http://www.truthdig.com/avbooth/item/how_did_80_people_get_half_of_the_worlds_wealth_20150126

Hattip to Meteor Blades

Looks like we need to ban Republicans from writing economics textbooks.
 NotGorshkovAgain
Msg: 1794
view profile
History
Posted: 1/26/2015 4:03:47 PM

Looks like we need to ban Republicans from writing economics textbooks.

The problem isn't the economic textbooks. The problem is that they study free-market, capitalistic economies. Unfortunately, in economic terms, the US and most of the rest of the industrial world right now more closely plutocracies and oligarchies.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 1795
Posted: 1/27/2015 4:11:09 AM
nullgorshkov--good point. Think they'd have noticed that by now, eh? Problem is their dreams, ideas and policies drift into the real lives of real humans, and hurt them a whole helluva lot. The looks on the faces of the Greeks after the election was wonderful!!! I so hope they make it work!
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 1796
Posted: 1/28/2015 2:24:07 PM
It seems that it is time... to look back at the premise proposed by the OP... That the Repubs had no chance of passing anything meaningful... without the support of the Dems and Obama... and that one of the biggest stumbling blocks... would be their own party... and the extremist ideology they have been pushing for 6 years...

The OP seems almost prescient in this... as shown below...

“Yes, there have been a couple of stumbles,” John Boehner acknowledged Tuesday.

The House speaker had spoken with dry understatement.

What has happened since Republicans took full control of Congress three weeks ago has been less a stumble than a pratfall involving the legislative equivalent of a banana peel, flailing arms, an upended bookcase, torn drapes and a slide across a laden banquet table into a wedding cake.

On Monday, a rebellion by House conservatives forced Boehner to scuttle plans to pass border-security legislation — a topic on which Republicans had supposedly been unified.

Last week, a rebellion by Republican women caused Boehner to pull from the House floor a bill that would have banned abortions after 20 weeks. More than one House Republican has since complained about the “females” in the caucus.

Last week, a rebellion by Republican women caused Boehner to pull from the House floor a bill that would have banned abortions after 20 weeks. More than one House Republican has since complained about the “females” in the caucus.

In the Senate, meanwhile, Democrats used procedural powers to delay passage of the Keystone XL pipeline bill — new majority leader Mitch McConnell’s top priority — after McConnell retreated on his promise to allow freewheeling amendments.

The Republican majority in both chambers remains divided over the scope of legislation authorizing the use of force against the Islamic State, over a bill granting President Obama new trade powers and over whether to force a showdown next month — and risk a partial government shutdown — to protest Obama’s executive actions on immigration.

Chaos could be found around every corner of the Capitol on Tuesday morning: Boehner, after meeting with his House GOP caucus, explaining the failure of the border bill; Benghazi panel chairman Trey Gowdy promising, “We’re going to ratchet it up” and engage the administration in “formal legal proceedings”; and not much of anything happening on the Senate floor, where the pipeline debate had stalled.

The Dirksen Senate Office Building became a legislative three-ring circus Tuesday. On the ground floor met the Armed Services Committee, divided over whether to authorize the use of ground troops in Syria and Iraq. On the fifth floor, Democrats on the Banking Committee withdrew their support for rapid passage of an Iran sanctions bill — fallout from Boehner’s Netanyahu gambit. And, on the second floor, Finance Committee Chairman Orrin Hatch (R-Utah) faced down hecklers.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/dana-milbank-republicans-discover-that-it-isnt-easy-running-congress/2015/01/27/cdacca1e-a66a-11e4-a06b-9df2002b86a0_story.html

It seems that the Party of No has discovered that "Just Say No to Obama"... isn't a platform from which one can govern... that... apparently... you actually need policy... and they don't have it...
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 1797
Posted: 1/31/2015 11:59:15 AM
Interesting isn't it... after 78 pages of racist anti-Obama rants... and shouting to the heavens about a "great victory"... there is not one word about the Vaudeville slapstick routine they ended up with...

Perhaps they are still trying to think up an excuse... for why it's still the Dem's fault... that the Party of No can't even say "Yes" to their own... without the Dems... despite having a majority...
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 1798
view profile
History
Posted: 1/31/2015 7:24:31 PM
I noted a long while back, that the GOP has consciously worked to build a coalition, but not of people who actually have compatible goals. Only compatible hatreds. That's actually probably why they have long refrained from actually proposing any specific solutions to any problems or challenges. As soon as they say what they have in mind, one or more of their supporting constituencies will jump ship.
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 1799
Posted: 1/31/2015 8:09:56 PM
I've note that myself Igor, even here in Canada both federally and provincially. For example, the opposition knows when it's "budget day" and the ruling party presents their budget for the year....why don't the opposition do the same....show us what they would do with "our" money. We could compare and maybe make a diffent choice next Election Day. Lots of b!tching after the fact . Maybe the opposition could state their case first on an issue, then the ruling party could say what they are going to do. The opposition critics are paid handsomely to....criticize. And not much else.
 calguy14
Msg: 1800
Posted: 2/4/2015 8:51:13 AM
BO threatens to veto Rep ACA repeal bill.Two votes short.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Election 2014: Karma is a b!tch