Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Election 2014: Karma is a b!tch      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 1826
Election 2014: Karma is a b!tchPage 74 of 90    (50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90)

So? we don't need the Department of Homeland security just more bureaucracy ....funny to see posts from liberals advocating ignoring the voices of a minority..

ROFLMAO....the Republicants set up DHS in response to the failure of the Bush administration and they're ignoring the warning signs of an imminent attack on the American homeland.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 1827
Election 2014: Karma is a b!tch
Posted: 3/2/2015 10:47:47 AM
if you did not think that the GOP could get any crazier then, surprise they just did:

Inhofe’s Insane Climate Denial Speech Tells You Everything You Need to Know About the Republican Party Right Now
March 1, 2015 8:00 p.m.
By Jonathan Chait

A few days ago, Republican Senator James Inhofe delivered a speech about why no intelligent person should ever vote for the Republican Party. This was not, obviously, the putative subject of his speech, merely its subtext and inescapable conclusion...

...Inhofe’s argument was breathtakingly devoid of a factual or logical grasp of its subject matter...

...Cranks like Inhofe have veto power. Even if Bush were inclined to disagree, and we have no evidence he is, he can’t.

And so a stunt like Inhofe tossing a snowball on the Senate floor and claiming this refutes climate science actually tells you everything you need to know about giving the Republican Party power over government policy.

Read more about the nutters in the GOP at:

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2015/02/inhofes-insane-climate-denial-speech.html
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 1828
Posted: 3/2/2015 12:26:32 PM
This is how some teapublicans spend taxpayer monies:

WASHINGTON (AP) — Illinois Rep. Aaron Schock, a rising Republican star already facing an ethics inquiry, has spent taxpayer and campaign funds on flights aboard private planes owned by some of his key donors, The Associated Press has found. There also have been other expensive travel and entertainment charges, including for a massage company and music concerts.

The expenses highlight the relationships that lawmakers sometimes have with donors who fund their political ambitions, an unwelcome message for a congressman billed as a fresh face of the GOP. The AP identified at least one dozen flights worth more than $40,000 on donors' planes since mid-2011.

Let's not waste taxpayer dollars on taxpayers!
 calguy14
Msg: 1829
Posted: 3/3/2015 5:54:25 AM
Apparently Hillary is playing games with regards to her email.She was required to use a govenment account.Hers was personal.More control over editing?

Jeb was transparent with his mail correspondance.She can't change her spots.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 1830
Posted: 3/3/2015 6:32:32 AM

Jeb was transparent with his mail correspondance.She can't change her spots.

Yep and Jeb is also an ultra conservative right-winger with many skeletons in his closest, so if he does run he is going to have to answer questions about:

Terri Schiavo

Miguel Recarey

Orlando Bosch

just to name a few.
 etourdi65
Msg: 1831
Posted: 3/3/2015 6:36:23 AM

ROFLMAO....the Republicants set up DHS in response to the failure of the Bush administration and they're ignoring the warning signs of an imminent attack on the American homeland.
I guess that's what makes us different, I don't agree with everything that my party does.
 calguy14
Msg: 1832
Posted: 3/3/2015 1:14:28 PM
Hillarys email
My bet is this one will have legs.The real campaigning hasn't even started yet and it looks like Whitewater all over again.

freedom-school.com/truth/13/RonBrown2.html

daynadaze
Msg: 1833
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2015 1:26:01 PM
Please tell me that when it gets closer to the time to make a choice, that we have better candidates to choose from that Hillary and Jeb!
 Olwhatzhisname
Msg: 1834
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2015 1:37:52 PM

Yep and Jeb is also an ultra conservative right-winger

Yep, and you are about the only one who really thinks that. Everybody else thinks he's a moderate.

So if we band together & convince the conservatives that he really is an ultra conservative right-winger, he will also get that voting bloc behind him & win that primary election for sure.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 1835
Posted: 3/3/2015 1:59:46 PM

My bet is this one will have legs.The real campaigning hasn't even started yet and it looks like Whitewater all over again.

Oh it will have legs alright, and those legs will be every personality on Fox hammering it home as hard as they can.

While overlooking the fact that Colin Powell did it, or the fact that the regulations she allegedly broke did not come into effect until after she left the position.

So what ever you do, skip that facts and full Benghazi on this derp.
 cotter
Msg: 1836
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2015 2:07:39 PM
Oh ... Oh ... I know!

If Netanyahu loses his re-election bid, the republicans could always put him up ... he's doing a pretty good job of trying to take over US foreign policy right now. He'd get the vote of the teabaggers and all the people who buy the myth that Israel is in some sort of imminent danger ...

Killing off the Palestinians must not be keeping him busy enough, so he thinks he can just swoop in here and tell our political leaders how to conduct themselves when negotiating with other nations.

Go home BN ... take Boehner with you!
 aj7125
Msg: 1837
Posted: 3/3/2015 5:31:53 PM
"My bet is this one will have legs.The real campaigning hasn't even started yet and it looks like Whitewater all over again."

^^^^^ Oh yes, it does have legs and even democrats are very worried about what is going on in hearing this. Hillary is it, there are other token candidates that will say they are running but Hillary is the only "name" that people know of and that "name" is not a name we will ever care to hear about during the Presidential campaign. The democrats are reeling and they have no backup.

"he's doing a pretty good job of trying to take over US foreign policy right now.".........Thank God someone has the balls to have some foreign policy ability. Our President is MIA.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 1838
Posted: 3/3/2015 5:48:20 PM

I guess that's what makes us different, I don't agree with everything that my party does.

Nice try....and I say that because there isn't one teapublican issue that you've disagreed with in years.

In other news it appears that 50 teapublicans cannot hold the country hostage over DHS funding. In a resounding defeat for conservative republicans and teapublicans the House passed funding for DHS that covers the fiscal year.
 matthew83co
Msg: 1839
Posted: 3/3/2015 5:58:54 PM

Israel is in some sort of imminent danger ... ~Cotter

Like you would actually be able to comprehend the term "imminent danger".
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 1840
Posted: 3/3/2015 6:02:09 PM

In other news it appears that 50 teapublicans cannot hold the country hostage over DHS funding. In a resounding defeat for conservative republicans and teapublicans the House passed funding for DHS that covers the fiscal year.

AAAaannnd...

They had to beg the vote of almost every Dem in the House to do it...

They dug themselves a hole... and had to beg... BEG I tells ya... the Dems to throw them a rope to climb out...

And even better yet... Did the Dems play the Repub's "Party of No" game with them...? Nope... they tossed them the rope...

When... in the last six years... have the Repubs ever been so... magnanimous and compromising...?
 matthew83co
Msg: 1841
Posted: 3/3/2015 6:08:10 PM

When... in the last six years... have the Repubs ever been so... magnanimous and compromising...?

When (within the last six years) has either party not been about the stewing, finger-pointing bullshit? 90% of them are among the greatest window lickers in our time.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 1842
Posted: 3/3/2015 6:17:40 PM

They had to beg the vote of almost every Dem in the House to do it...

dug themselves a hole... and had to beg... BEG I tells ya... the Dems to throw them a rope to climb out...

And even better yet... Did the Dems play the Repub's "Party of No" game with them...? Nope... they tossed them the rope..

Joe, it was a forgone conclusion the GOP would have to pass DHS funding with no strings....only teapuppets applaud the fvcked up failed strategy of attaching immigration to the bill. Oh, it was choice to see Boehner grovel for Democrat votes!!!!!
 calguy14
Msg: 1843
Posted: 3/3/2015 6:30:05 PM
Jeb Bush calling for the complete release of all Hillary's email correspondance.Says transparency is needed.Count on a complete and total rehash and examination of the Clinton years.
Anybody check that link I provided? Lots of mysterious deaths surround the Clintons, worse than the Mafia.
 calguy14
Msg: 1844
Posted: 3/3/2015 7:11:46 PM
And the person best suited to reach the largest voter base will be Jeb Bush.Besides his Florida base he would well suited to take the sunbelt, possibly including California?

He has already critiqued the party, he will play the necessary tough guy to the electorate.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 1845
Posted: 3/4/2015 6:57:20 AM

Jeb Bush calling for the complete release of all Hillary's email correspondance.Says transparency is needed.Count on a complete and total rehash and examination of the Clinton years.

Which is blowing up in his face.

For starters:

Jeb Bush's emails: Total transparency or violation of privacy?
By Caitlin****on February 10, 2015 6:04 PM Yahoo News

In an attempt to present himself as transparent, tech-savvy and approachable, Jeb Bush may have unintentionally violated the privacy of thousands of former Florida constituents.

http://news.yahoo.com/jeb-bush-s-emails--total-transparency-or-violation-of-privacy-222555766.html

Then you have:

Jeb Bush's Email Transparency Is a Total Joke
Sam Biddle
2/13/15 4:30pm

And since Bush's commitment to transparency is so strong that he was willing to sacrifice the privacy interests of dozens and perhaps hundreds of his former constituents by publishing their social security numbers, health data, and telephone numbers, Gawker has also submitted Freedom of Information Act requests for Jeb Bush's files at the IRS, Social Security Administration, and FBI, and have asked him to provide a personal privacy waiver in those cases, too.

Gawker salutes Jeb Bush and his dedication to an informed electorate. We can't wait to see full picture of his governorship, and make up our own minds, and look forward to his help in bringing this important information about his tenure to the public.

http://justice.gawker.com/jeb-bushs-email-transparency-is-a-total-joke-1685693107
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 1846
Posted: 3/4/2015 7:08:07 AM
No need to worry, people. Jeb Bush ain't happening.
Conservatives will *not* be selecting Jeb Bush as the party candidate to run for the Presidency.
It will undoubtedly be someone else. His name alone eliminates him from contention.
 aj7125
Msg: 1847
Posted: 3/4/2015 7:37:47 AM
I agree Eric. There are going to be a lot of good people to hear in the next months ahead. Going to be interesting. Sounds like Ben Carson is getting really close to deciding if he will run. I enjoy listening to that man every time he speaks. We need more like him. Scott Walker also is a strong candidate. And then we have Hillary and all her problems. The democrats ship has sunk. They are trying to put a good spin on her but yikes, she is done before she starts. I doubt she will even be in the public spotlight when this is all done. She will lead a private life and enjoy her "poor" living standards.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 1848
Posted: 3/4/2015 7:59:20 AM

Sounds like Ben Carson is getting really close to deciding if he will run.

How crazy is Carson?

About this crazy -

Ben Carson: Prison proves being gay is a choice

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ben-carson-prison-proves-being-gay-is-a-choice/vi-BBidlNy

...Scott Walker also is a strong candidate.

"We need a leader with that kind of confidence," Walker said. "If I can take on 100,000 protesters, I can do the same across the world."

Scott Walker
 cotter
Msg: 1849
view profile
History
Posted: 3/4/2015 8:06:01 AM
Message 2007 ...Well shucks ... and I so wanted to give still another Bush idiot a chance.

I'm so disappointed! I was really looking forward to voting for him in the Ohio primaries.

I wonder if it's too late to call for Colin Powell's "personal emails" that he used while he was secretary of state?

Message 2008 ...
(Ben Carson) I enjoy listening to that man every time he speaks. We need more like him.
So you really like hearing him say that stuff about how prison turns people gay? Yeah ... he's someone we need in the oval office ...

... Hillary and all her problems.
The teabaggers would love to have such a strong candidate.

Just by the way ... I hear they're trying a suspected "terrorist" in Boston. I wonder if they sent him to Gitmo for torturing first? Hmmmm ... I wonder if he is sentenced if we will be able to find a prison here in continental USA that we can be sure will be secure enough to house him?
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 1850
Posted: 3/4/2015 8:29:08 AM
Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton is sunk with her hdr22(at)clintonemail.com email debacle.
She was running an email server out of her New York home to bypass State Department hardware.
Who knows how much top-secret content was shared. She likely won't get a "free pass" on that behavior.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Election 2014: Karma is a b!tch