Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Election 2014: Karma is a b!tch      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 1901
Election 2014: Karma is a b!tchPage 77 of 90    (50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90)

How many times has he learned important news through the media instead of his chief of staff, the CIA or his inner circle?

It does not matter, because if he had heard about it before hand the nutters at Fox would be going full derp over the fact that he knew it beforehand.

In related news, is Benghazi a scandel yet?
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 1902
Election 2014: Karma is a b!tch
Posted: 3/8/2015 8:58:56 AM

Posted by Yule_liquor
"Do you remember what the Dow was at when [President George W. Bush] left office?"

Dow Jones Industrial Average...blah, blah, blah. Liberals love the DJIA as the sole yardstick of economic health.
Want to see the DJIA rise again? Simply have General Electric, Ford Motor Company, or Apple announce lay-offs of 25,000 workers each. THAT will similarly drive it up, too. You think that is good news on the street, though?

The unemployment rate measurement is flawed. President Barack Hussein Obama and his minions know it. We also know it. Someone who is unemployed, has exhausted his or her benefits is now NO LONGER MEASURED using the current formula. One who was Director of Marketing and now a WalMart greeter or coffee barista is also NOT measured.

An economy is healthy when a qualified and high-achieving employee can leave a position and take an even better job through the normal interview process and rather quickly. Unless one is a President Obama watercarrier, those are not the prevailing conditions. In the interest of bipartisanship...I will say the employment environment during the time of President William Jefferson Clinton's second term was excellent. That was a genuine economic boom.
 tgif111
Msg: 1903
Posted: 3/8/2015 9:35:23 AM
I agree Sir Eric of Summit.

the Bill Clinton years were great for my employers and stock holders at the steel mill and for me. we were going 6 and 7 days and I was making time and a half working over time. we couldn't make enough pipe and we expanded into cold drawn pipe in addition to our butt weld pipe.

my most boring job at the mill:

I remember when I was on the tester looking through the pipe (candling) to throw out the butt welds (two ends butted together) I found. the butt welds are where the two ribbons of scelp (sheet or plate metal that has been curved and welded to form a tube) are welded together. this makes for a narrow opening in which wiring cannot go through the conduit pipe. this butt weld pipe was made for residential and commercial electrical wiring. our pipe may very well be in your home right at this moment.

looking into thousands of pipe for 8 and 12 hours a day with a light on the other end for weeks at a time is incredibly tedious. but it was a job of responsibility, one I took seriously because contractors were counting on us giving them wide open pipe to string their wiring. I also was on the threading machine where we threaded the ends of the pipe so they could be coupled together to form long lengths.

in the course of 30 years (18 years old to 48 years old) I did almost all the jobs they had available. my favorite may have been running the overhead crane and also pointing cold drawn tube at our other mill a few miles away from our primary butt weld location.

that steel mill job paid me $50,000 a year and I was able to take that money and invest in other businesses to achieve the American dream.

with The Golfer in charge that dream may be a mirage for current Americans.
 calguy14
Msg: 1904
Posted: 3/8/2015 11:48:23 AM
^^^^

And fail it will if your country continues on it's present course of hand wringing over color and gay rights.

People have found jobs but what kind of jobs?Some people wouldn't be able to decide if the Titanic was going down.The strong have to be able to pull and they cannot do that with too many hanging on.The Chinese smile....

Biden.The azzhat would sit in on weekly debriefings like a punk at school.Him and his kid have dirty hands surrounding Chicago politics and Mans Country....
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 1905
Posted: 3/8/2015 11:57:20 AM

that steel mill job paid me $50,000 a year and I was able to take that money and invest in other businesses to achieve the American dream.

with The Golfer in charge that dream may be a mirage for current Americans.

Yep, and when you understand that it is the GOP and their anti worker agenda will be able to see why people might think you are a racist loon when you post such derp about your made up past.
 tgif111
Msg: 1906
Posted: 3/8/2015 3:01:52 PM

........you are a racist loon when you post such derp about your made up past.

PICTURED AS MY PRIMARY PHOTO IS MYSELF IN THE 90'S WHEN I WORKED THE AFOREMENTIONED POINTER MACHINE AT SHARON TUBE COMPANY, A 30 YEAR EMPLOYEE.

ALSO PICTURED IS ME WITH MY "AT THE BEACH TANNING" SALON SHIRT AND A PIN THAT SAYS I'M THE OWNER. ONE OF MY EMPLOYEES WAS TELLING MY CUSTOMERS SHE OWNED THE SALON. I FIRED HER AND HAD THIS PIN MADE AT STAPLES!!! MY TANNING CLIENTS LOVED IT.

you Rob, are the loon
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 1907
Posted: 3/8/2015 3:26:42 PM

PICTURED AS MY PRIMARY PHOTO...

OMG... The "little man complex" has become terminal...

Dude... face the facts... You never will be as "big and strong" as everybody else... no matter how much bragging you do... You will always be "the hunchback leprechaun of Youngstown"...
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 1908
Posted: 3/8/2015 5:10:15 PM
tgif111...you have struck upon one of the main issues facing the American economy.
Your metal tubing company manufactured a durable good that was needed by a variety of industries.
It created many jobs both at the site, downstream with other suppliers and customers, and surrounding area.

A college classmate of mine became a metal quarter-shear operator. He also performed a bunch of other jobs in the plant. He is now on the management side because he knows every inch of the factory floor, who is doing what, and how that impacts production. The United States needs to win back that durable good manufacturing base.

Adding service jobs like coffee baristas is nearly pointless when there is no thriving community to support the $6.00 coffees. For example, WalMart is a retailer I avoid simply because everything stocked there is low-quality junk manufactured in China using questionable materials. One does not hear of American-built goods with dioxin or lead in the paint.
 tgif111
Msg: 1909
Posted: 3/8/2015 7:05:36 PM
you make an excellent point Eric.

Barry Obama is promoting coffee barista and Walmart jobs in the hopes of stimulating the economy. these jobs simply keep a person from starving.

the truly knowledgeable presidents of the past have helped to create QUALITY HIGH PAYING jobs and an ATMOSPHERE of optimism that is conducive to investment. the ACA and the current atmosphere make investors run and hide.

Barry The Golfer is not creating that atmosphere but is rather promoting a false sense of security by claiming the unemployment rate is 5.5%. he is like a flim flam artist or magician diverting your attention from where the hidden coin really is.

his name should be Barack Hussein Houdini because he tricks you, deceives you and fools you with his slight of hand. in the end you who are easily fooled (The Kardashian Society) clap for him because he is so slick.

the wise do not clap. we EXPOSE him for the trickster, the con artist, the deceiver he actually is.

included in my profile is a pic of me as I paint in Tom's Excellence In Painting Company as well as my tanning salon and my work in the steel mill.
 calguy14
Msg: 1910
Posted: 3/8/2015 7:16:52 PM
The Wall Street Journal revealed that at least 60 companies that lobbied the State Department while Hillary was in charge funneled at least 26 million into the Clinton Foundation.

How many still believe this email scandal is no big deal?
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 1911
Posted: 3/8/2015 8:48:27 PM
@"Eric"

Dow Jones Industrial Average...blah, blah, blah. Liberals love the DJIA

Actually the Reagan administration used it highly as an economic benchmark
and all the Repubs chimed in on it
But now that a Black-man is the Whitehouse; all of a sudden its become a "liberal" thing

Since you are a tried & true neocon; I'm sure you have to be well off money-wise; right?
Having established that; let me ask you this:
If you have a $1 million retirement account that is invested in the stock market
would you:
A) want to have a presidency that fosters confidence in the stock market and allows it to appreciate; or
B) want to have a presidency that foments instability foreign & domestically so as to create uncertainty and fear that produces sustained bear markets?

Let me DUMB IT DOWN for you!
Do want want somebody in office whose policies are apt to deplete your investments or do you want somebody in that does the opposite!

So if YOU have any such investments put away; then ask yourself if you are better off now then back in 2007!
If you don't have a POT to piss in, then ask yourself why you vote for a party who has impoverished more pple than it has helped.

An economy is healthy when a qualified and high-achieving employee can leave a position and take an even better job through the normal interview process and rather quickly.

^this happens quite frequently here in NYC, and nearly all other major cities in the east and western seaboards

employment environment during the time of President William Jefferson Clinton's second term was excellent. That was a genuine economic boom.

Until G(ump)WB stepped into the White-house in y2k and pissed it all away culminating to what happened in 2007

The United States needs to win back that durable good manufacturing base.

Maybe you should ask the GOP why they didn't go along with the jobs bill
was it because they didn't believe that we don't need a manufacturing base;
or was because there is a Blackman in the white-house that they have to share credit with!

For example, WalMart is a retailer I avoid simply because everything stocked there is low-quality junk manufactured in China using questionable materials. One does not hear of American-built goods with dioxin or lead in the paint.

Maybe you should ask the GOp why is is so easy for "big business" to manufacture stuff overseas using "questionable" materials and importing it back here to sell to US consumers.

It would be political SUICIDE for anyone in the GOP to try to get any legislation off the ground that would compel big industry to shift their manufacturing back into the US!
 aj7125
Msg: 1912
Posted: 3/8/2015 9:30:32 PM
By The Associated Press

WASHINGTON >> Former Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton should fully explain her actions involving the use of a private, nongovernment email account when she was the country’s top diplomat, California Sen. Dianne Feinstein said on Sunday, becoming the first major Democrat to urge Clinton to share more details of the private account.

Feinstein said the former first lady and New York senator “needs to step up and come out and say exactly what the situation was,” adding that from “this point on, the silence is going to hurt her.”
 gtomustang
Msg: 1913
Posted: 3/8/2015 10:28:27 PM
considering the Snowden leak and other leaks that revealed to allies what our diplomats really thought of them, keeping SoS emails from the normal servers might have been a good ploy. As for Clinton accepting donations, consider every former Pentagon official who's been interviewed on the news for their opinion on potential military responses to threats--how many of those retirees are on the boards or payroll of military contractors? answer:all of 'em.

As for someone who actually does have some retirement nuts squirreled away in the stock market, what really causes unrest in the markets is knowing the Legislative and Executive Branch can't agree on stupid stuff, much less balancing the budget. no one likes unplanned surprises.

ask some conservatives why jobs went overseas, and they'll blame those union jobs charging $50K a year to look up a pipe. Everyone wants to make big money then go pay WalMart prices for products made on their shift. Our great export to the world now is financial shell games like derivetives and options
 gtomustang
Msg: 1914
Posted: 3/8/2015 10:32:47 PM
considering the Snowden leak and other leaks that revealed to allies what our diplomats really thought of them, keeping SoS emails from the normal servers might have been a good ploy. As for Clinton accepting donations, consider every former Pentagon official who's been interviewed on the news for their opinion on potential military responses to threats--how many of those retirees are on the boards or payroll of military contractors? answer:all of 'em.

As for someone who actually does have some retirement nuts squirreled away in the stock market, what really causes unrest in the markets is knowing the Legislative and Executive Branch can't agree on stupid stuff, much less balancing the budget. no one likes unplanned surprises.

ask some conservatives why jobs went overseas, and they'll blame those union jobs charging $50K a year to look up a pipe. Everyone wants to make big money then go pay WalMart prices for products made on their shift. Our great export to the world now is financial shell games like derivetives and options
 tgif111
Msg: 1915
Posted: 3/9/2015 6:41:03 AM
from Rob HFX:

........you are a racist loon when you post such derp about your made up past

you've responded to 5 unrelated posts after I showed my photos documenting 3 of my 5 successful businesses Rob HFX.
you've made a serious charge against me, my honesty and all the hard work I've done in my life.

PICTURED AS MY PRIMARY PHOTO IS MYSELF IN THE 90'S WHEN I WORKED THE AFOREMENTIONED POINTER MACHINE AT SHARON TUBE COMPANY, A 30 YEAR EMPLOYEE.

ALSO PICTURED IS ME WITH MY "AT THE BEACH TANNING" SALON SHIRT AND A PIN THAT SAYS I'M THE OWNER. ONE OF MY EMPLOYEES WAS TELLING MY CUSTOMERS SHE OWNED THE SALON. I FIRED HER AND HAD THIS PIN MADE AT STAPLES!!! MY TANNING CLIENTS LOVED IT.

ALSO PICTURED IN MY PROFILE IS ME PAINTING A 16 FT CEILING WHEN I WAS OWNER OF "TOM'S EXCELLENCE IN PAINTING" COMPANY.

Where is my apology Rob HFX??? I demand one.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 1916
Posted: 3/9/2015 9:06:28 AM

I left it on the top shelf.
 trinity818
Msg: 1917
Posted: 3/9/2015 11:33:40 AM

Apparently tgif thinks he is the only one with justification for name-calling.

I'm still trying to figure out WTH calling someone a "racist loon" has to do with where you worked or what businesses you may have owned.
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 1918
Posted: 3/9/2015 2:16:40 PM

Let me guess... your next step will be to challenge him to a fist fight... over the internet...
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 1919
Posted: 3/9/2015 5:57:19 PM
I can't wait till he pulls out his AR-15 with the extended magazine and blows away his computer.
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 1920
Posted: 3/9/2015 6:13:12 PM
"IN THE 90'S WHEN I WORKED THE AFOREMENTIONED POINTER MACHINE AT SHARON TUBE COMPANY, A 30 YEAR EMPLOYEE."

Machinery and manufacturing processes are cool stuff. I worked in the late 70's early 80's for a company that made one-off hydraulic presses, we built a set of machines for the Navy to dismantle live 105 and 155 mm shells, so they could dump powder which they judged too old. These held the shell with hydraulic jaws and grabbed the head with another pair of jaws, then pulled upward to remove it.
Then we had to deliver and install these in a place right out of a James Bond movie, a huge ammunition depot built into a mountain near Hawthorne , Nevada. Lots of ordinance in that place. Believe it.
After that I worked making beverage can-making machines, which are amazingly high-precision, they form the metal very precisely and very fast, squeezing the steel or aluminum to a tolerance of.0001". We just pick up a can of whatever, pop the top and drink it, but the can itself probably has a lot more engineering than what is inside.
Fun stuff, machines.
 aj7125
Msg: 1921
Posted: 3/9/2015 6:17:10 PM
Democrats are now very worried about Hillary because she is the only person they have thought would be the dem nominee. Damage control is running rampant in liberalville. Yikes!!!!!!
 calguy14
Msg: 1922
Posted: 3/9/2015 7:00:19 PM
There hasn't been such a good week since the last week of April 2011,first week of May 2011.

Conservatives got a majority in Canada.
A royal wedding.
Bin Laden shot dead.
 aj7125
Msg: 1923
Posted: 3/9/2015 7:31:54 PM
Looks like the 4 or 5 in America that want Warren as the nominee may get their wish.
 tgif111
Msg: 1924
Posted: 3/9/2015 9:23:33 PM
Rob HFX said to me:

........you are a racist loon when you post such derp about your made up past

you stated in these forums that I made up my past businesses.

I showed you pics of my past work and it was all true.

I asked for an apology and you refused to MAN UP.

you're just a boy.

I now shun you.
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 1925
Posted: 3/9/2015 9:37:20 PM
"Looks like the 4 or 5 in America that want Warren as the nominee may get their wish."
She's far more accomplished than the guy we have now, why did she have to lie about the Indian thing? I guess that's what happens when you're white, you have to invent a reason to slide in on the Gov't quotas for goodies.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Election 2014: Karma is a b!tch