Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > If a woman agrees to a FWB relationship ...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 476
If a woman agrees to a FWB relationship ...Page 20 of 23    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23)

All sex is not good.
I'll even postulate that most women who have sex they don't like, and often repeated sex they don't like, don't talk about it.
All you have to do is Google 'women who don't like sex' to start. I wonder why we don't talk about that here.
Just won't be me.

Every Women I've been in a LTR with loved Sex...... If I started Dating a Woman who didn't like/want Sex, we wouldn't be together very long at all..... In fact, I think Women who feel that way about Sex, should say so upfront.... They can go find Their Counterpart, an Asexual Man.....
 ladyc4
Msg: 477
If a woman agrees to a FWB relationship ...
Posted: 11/25/2014 6:45:59 PM

I'll even postulate that most women who have sex they don't like, and often repeated sex they don't like,

With all due respect- and setting aside those unfortunate people who are caught in a trafficking situation-if a woman doesn't like sex why keep repeating it?
I just looked at my calendar-yup, it's 2014. Women are free to have careers, to have children by other means that the old-fashioned way, why would they be having repeated bouts of sex they don't like?

I've often hear it said that prostitutes don't like sex( maybe they just get sick of it?) but other than those who are somehow enslaved/trafficked, they DO get paid for it.

As for having sex they don't like and not talking about it, a lot of people who do like sex don't make it a frequent topic of casual conversation.
If you find you don't like sex, then don't have sex. I don't think you can get kicked off the planet.
It's entirely possible to have enjoyable sex and even companionship experiences with someone you do not wish to interweave your life with theirs. Generally speaking, I would think a FwB would be safer in several aspects, more so than working the bars, the parties, or internet dating sites for someone to have a one-nighter with.
Cindy O
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 478
Posted: 11/25/2014 6:59:40 PM
ALL sex is good between consenting adults. If you don't like sex, don't have it. There is not a damn thing wrong with a one night stand, casual sex, FWB, commited relationship...whatever works for you...any age and both genders. If you have " buyers remorse" the next day, so what, move on. There is nothing like feeling the warmth of another human being.
 yamen987
Msg: 479
Posted: 11/25/2014 7:00:47 PM

Every Women I've been in a LTR with loved Sex...... If I started Dating a Woman who didn't like/want Sex, we wouldn't be together very long at all..... In fact, I think Women who feel that way about Sex, should say so upfront.... They can go find Their Counterpart, an Asexual Man....

Perhaps some of the so called gay men from MGTOW will work? Some women are shocked at the fact that women exist who actually like or even love the act of sex. This shocks their fragile minds to the fact that they may have to charge less for their golden vaginas. I find most of the women on these forums disgusting. They talk about how much their sex should be worth like they are common prostitutes or something. I find it offensive to be honest. The whole "make em pay for it honey" mentality and it bleeds over into other threads time and time again. I honestly think the few common posters on here that are female who do this were molested or abused as children. Not all of them but some of them. The ones that are man haters and hate sex without something to "gain" from it other than an orgasm or their own personal gratification. Just my opinion here I could be wrong but I look back at their posting history and it seems I'm more right than I could ever imagine.
 Maleman999
Msg: 480
Posted: 11/25/2014 7:19:55 PM

I would think a FwB would be safer in several aspects, more so than working the bars, the parties, or internet dating sites for someone to have a one-nighter with.

It could be safer, depending on their arrangement. Some want an exclusive FWB arrangement, where dating other people is out of the question, which makes the FWB arrangement more like a boyfriend/girlfriend set-up without the official title. Others feel they have the right to go searching for Mr./Miss Right For Me and a long term relationship, which could involve dating a number of other people, since the FWB arrangement is Friends based-not a bf/gf scenario.
 calguy14
Msg: 481
Posted: 11/25/2014 7:57:40 PM
"Enemies With Benefits"

That could be the latter stages of a bad marriage.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 482
Posted: 11/25/2014 8:02:20 PM

It could be safer, depending on their arrangement. Some want an exclusive FWB arrangement, where dating other people is out of the question, which makes the FWB arrangement more like a boyfriend/girlfriend set-up without the official title. Others feel they have the right to go searching for Mr./Miss Right For Me and a long term relationship, which could involve dating a number of other people, since the FWB arrangement is Friends based-not a bf/gf scenario

Where I come from the whole point of FWB was to sleep with someone you already knew and trusted instead of random casual sex with strangers or another unsafe arrangement. Perhaps you hung out and did things together but there was no obligation outside respect for each other's health by not sleeping around.

All else was someone you didn't already know well - those were FB, or NSA.
 forumfellathesequel
Msg: 483
Posted: 11/25/2014 8:02:28 PM

Perhaps some of the so called gay men from MGTOW will work? Some women are shocked at the fact that women exist who actually like or even love the act of sex. This shocks their fragile minds to the fact that they may have to charge less for their golden vaginas. I find most of the women on these forums disgusting. They talk about how much their sex should be worth like they are common prostitutes or something. I find it offensive to be honest. The whole "make em pay for it honey" mentality and it bleeds over into other threads time and time again. I honestly think the few common posters on here that are female who do this were molested or abused as children. Not all of them but some of them. The ones that are man haters and hate sex without something to "gain" from it other than an orgasm or their own personal gratification. Just my opinion here I could be wrong but I look back at their posting history and it seems I'm more right than I could ever imagine.

Yes all hail the golden Vagina!!!!
 Ouija2025
Msg: 484
Posted: 11/26/2014 6:11:42 AM
^^^ do we to wear a tiara too?
I am not sure that sleeping with a " friend" is all that risk free btw. Then again my bestie is gay - nope, can't even go with that visual.
besides, even serial killers have friends.. not sure because you like someone means they are snow white. or one of the 7.
My GV and I have to get on the business end of a shovel. Winter. boo
 Moonchild51
Msg: 485
view profile
History
Posted: 11/26/2014 6:32:34 AM
The golden vajayjay! lol....I have to admit that some of what a couple of the fellows have written about women who think they sit on one do in fact exist. One in particular comes to mind. She said a man had to take her out for dinner 3 times. And not for something like "Hey, wanna go for a ride and a burger?" It had to be a nice restaurant, and of course he pays. Should he meet her dating criteria, then the lucky fellow would get to experience "Miss Golden". Suffice it to say....she very rarely, if ever, gets a date. To me that speaks volumes!
 Tsar850
Msg: 486
Posted: 11/26/2014 6:45:10 AM

I don't think I've ever read a truer statement.

It is almost comical...... The only real problem they pose is when people are trying to actually discuss a topic they have to inject their venom.

Luckily not many are like this and if you apply critical thinking you can actually find some good in their bull butter.

Read their words closely and you will see a pattern they can't hide...... Now the good is if you pay attention in real life you can notice these patterns early and avoid such a damaged person..
 yamen987
Msg: 487
Posted: 11/26/2014 7:03:18 AM

I don't think I've ever read a truer statement.

It is almost comical...... The only real problem they pose is when people are trying to actually discuss a topic they have to inject their venom.

Luckily not many are like this and if you apply critical thinking you can actually find some good in their bull butter.

Read their words closely and you will see a pattern they can't hide...... Now the good is if you pay attention in real life you can notice these patterns early and avoid such a damaged person..

It's actually very sad. I feel very sorry for them. They obviously didn't have a good strong male role model. If they had one he abused them or molested them. This is why children need both good parents. These women are failures of father's. Let them be a lesson to everyone that we should be good parents. I would like to encourage men particularly to be good fathers. Treat your daughters well and be involved or they will end up old and miserable like these poor poor women. :(
 forumfellathesequel
Msg: 488
Posted: 11/26/2014 7:07:36 AM
Hey ouija...be sure to put a toque on that VJ, hate for you to catch a cold ;)
Yes I agree moonchild, one requested that a man pay off her loans, but her a car and nothing short of a nice dinner would suffice..perhaps she's one and the same, not sure how anyone's mind can get that twisted, I'm hoping it's just for shock value and to drive off moochers

the "Golden Vagina guy" ..LoL
I think I've found my next screen name. :D
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 489
Posted: 11/26/2014 7:11:29 AM
I have to agree with Tsar and the Golden Vagina guy.

While for others, the lack of security/commitment and deeper emotional aspects missing would render it.. pointless.

And just when does this happen? At the 8th month dating mark? Or the one year mark? I don't know about you but it takes me quite some time to feel the "security/commitment and deeper emotional aspects" while seeing someone. I would have no problem having sex with someone after a bunch of dates (not all bought and paid for by him). I'm good once I realize he's not a serial killer or just bat shyt crazy and the fact that I like him. I don't have to love him or have a ring on my finger. The "deeper emotional" aspect takes some time; I don't know about you but I don't go all weak in the knees in love after a few months. If I like him, I MAY sleep with him....why would I have sex with someone I don't like.

If I'm only going to give up the vajayjay after a dozen dinners/dates solely paid for by him....I'm no better than a hooker. It's just haggling over the price you have placed on your puzzy. I will still determine who I share my vajayjay with....but it won't come with a price tag of dinner/drinks/6 months/Hawaiian vacation/full moon/month with the letter "r" in it, etc.
 yamen987
Msg: 490
Posted: 11/26/2014 8:45:58 AM
I think I've found my next screen name. :D

Good idea! I'd do on a just for forums profile and not a dating one though. :)

Everyone who likes sex here both male and female could you imagine going through all the hoops as a man some of these women who don't like or enjoy sex have set up only to find out they hate sex? I don't enjoy sex at all if my partner isn't enjoying it. I'll literally stop if I notice they aren't into it. It's just an automatic turn off. Some men don't care they will keep going even if the woman is watching TV and changing the channels and sh!t.lmao I'd be so pissed it would be unreal. I'd never talk to those chicks again. If your a woman and can't imagine what I'm talking about think of the guys that claimed to have large d!cks and didn't then you'll understand.
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 491
Posted: 11/26/2014 9:45:32 AM
All this talk of vajayjays...

I'm getting this image of Bill Cosby licking that spoon of instant pudding.
 Moonchild51
Msg: 492
view profile
History
Posted: 11/26/2014 10:39:40 AM
Ohhhhh God Clooney! Where do you come up with this stuff? lmao
 ladyc4
Msg: 493
Posted: 11/26/2014 11:13:25 AM

OMG! STOP!
I'm gonna fall off my chair laughing and hurt myself...

Can we safely assume that "if a woman agrees to a FwB " that she does like sex?
Hey, for those who regard sex as a transaction for other goods or services, let them live as they see fit.
Those who have less of a "price tag" mentality, let them live as they see fit.

I still say that FwB is something that develops more organically, not an arrangement that is "offered", "agreed to", shopped for on the internet, negotiated,whatever.
Cindy O
 Maleman999
Msg: 494
Posted: 11/26/2014 12:01:17 PM

Where I come from the whole point of FWB was to sleep with someone you already knew and trusted...All else was someone you didn't already know well - those were FB, or NSA.

This is where the lines get blurred. Doesn't the B in FB stand for Buddy, which is synonymous with friend? What's the difference between NSA and FWB, since in both cases, there are no strings attached and no interest in developing it into a romantic relationship? People have the mindset that a FB or NSA is no different than going to a street corner in a seedy part of town, hiring a hooker, and leaving as soon as sex is done, and the only difference is the hooker is paid for sex

The way I see it, it's all pretty much the same thing-FWB, FB, NSA. It's all an agreement between two adults-who have some knowledge of each other-to have sex without the expectation of a fairy tale ending. Whether they hang out or go out as friends when there's a break in sex, and how often, depends on the individuals involved and what sort of agreement they have, which will vary in each case.
 ohenryx
Msg: 495
view profile
History
Posted: 11/26/2014 12:02:54 PM

one requested that a man pay off her loans, but her a car and nothing short of a nice dinner would suffice

I imagine we all remember one of the female regulars here who stated that she had $100,000 in student loans, and she was looking for a man to pay them off for her.

The golden vajayjay! lol....I have to admit that some of what a couple of the fellows have written about women who think they sit on one do in fact exist. One in particular comes to mind. She said a man had to take her out for dinner 3 times. And not for something like "Hey, wanna go for a ride and a burger?" It had to be a nice restaurant, and of course he pays. Should he meet her dating criteria, then the lucky fellow would get to experience "Miss Golden". Suffice it to say....she very rarely, if ever, gets a date. To me that speaks volumes!

Hmmm… 3 dinners … hmmm … “nice restaurant” … hmmmm

How nice of a restaurant? It’s not hard to drop $150 to $250 on dinner for 2 in a “nice restaurant”. Do that 3 times, and you’re looking at $450 to $750. You could buy (rent?) yourself a very nice, upscale call girl for that kind of money.

And then there’s the famous corollary :

I may be too old to cut the mustard, but I can still lick the jar.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 496
Posted: 11/26/2014 12:08:12 PM

This is where the lines get blurred. Doesn't the B in FB stand for Buddy, which is synonymous with friend?

Yes - one is a friend you know before adding the sex, one is a friend you make in the sex department. If I mambo with a stranger more than once we can say we are friendly in a sexual way.

What's the difference between NSA and FWB, since in both cases, there are no strings attached and no interest in developing it into a romantic relationship?

No strings attached doesn't need to be a person you actually know, nor does FB. With FB though you may add loose strings in that you go back for more of it with no obligation or exclusivity. This is all how it was for us where I grew up. Men who wanted to go in for the sex would emphasize the friendly part to get the job done - but really there was no friendship intended from the time they closed the deal going forward.

People have the mindset that a FB or NSA is no different than going to a street corner in a seedy part of town, hiring a hooker, and leaving as soon as sex is done, and the only difference is the hooker is paid for sex.

Exactly.

The way I see it, it's all pretty much the same thing-FWB, FB, NSA. It's all an agreement between two adults to have sex without the expectation of a fairy tale ending. Whether they hang out or go out as friends when there's a break in sex, and how often, depends on the individuals involved and what sort of agreement they have, which will vary in each case.

One might say it's all the same if it has sex in it. All in how you want to look at it. Relationships included.
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 497
Posted: 11/26/2014 10:10:06 PM
Further proof that there is no such thing as bad publicity

In one way or another , I've made such a lasting impression I get summoned in my absence ....how cute

I had an excellent day plus I'm getting a promotion by next month, but the thought of you all thinking about me even while I'm gone made my night.

If you're gonna talk sh*t, at least get the facts straight.

Moon,

1. I never specified the number of dates for any particular thing to happen, nor what any number of dates should be.
2. I have nothing against burgers, there's a place called Jackson Hole, Five Guys, 5 napkin burger (I could go on but I'm sure you get the point)........and all of my mommies and grannies here have duly warned not to get in a stranger's car, so the ride is out.
3. I have met individuals for tea, bubble tea and a chocolate waffle, doing a macaroon run, for drinks, a museum visit, an ice cream stroll, etc, I just don't happen to take their interest in me very seriously. But that's okay, because no matter what they do, over 60 dates later, my heart hasn't skipped a beat.
4. I rarely ever get dates? You must be looking at your mailbox, lol. I get messages daily and I experimented a lot during my first 1-1.5 years here, dated almost anyone whose message and presence I deemed appropriate, hence established a preference. Now, I rarely go on a date because I won't waste my time or theirs if I'm not really interested, like interested enough to forgo hanging out with my friends instead. My mindset is the only thing that changed, not the number of available people for me to choose from. I've even made it clear on my profile that I do not desire messages from certain populations as the nonsense continues to clutter by mailbox. Believe you me , if I had enough malice and free time, I'd go out every night with a new date. I once did 5 in a week for a month, but I started gaining weight, lol, so I stopped.

Forumfella ,

I never requested that anyone pay my students loans, go find it.....I'll wait
Never said he has to buy me car, go find it....I'll wait

And the lies and misinformation continue......quote my exact words and then say whatever you want to say, it's the least you could do if you're trying to say something factual about someone. Some people here seem to be poor historians , but that's okay, that sort of thing comes with age so I'm not surprised. Still cute though :-P
 Maleman999
Msg: 498
Posted: 11/27/2014 9:34:09 AM

Now, I rarely go on a date because I won't waste my time or theirs if I'm not really interested, like interested enough to forgo hanging out with my friends instead.

Sounds like yet another person who feels that if a first date/meet with a stranger doesn't lead to immediate marriage. it was a total waste of time.

At what point did you feel you, or the other person, were not interested? That's the reason why first meets should be kept short and simple-less than an hour or less than half an hour-over coffee or a drink, in case there isn't the instant chemistry and immediate fireworks. Then it won't feel like such a waste of time if the person you're meeting is not your Prince Charming in shining armor. As for forging hanging out with your friends instead-will you never have that chance to hang out with them ever again, if you skip one time to meet someone new? Another solution is to go for a short meet on a day where you won't be hanging out with your friends , and that way, you will never miss the opportunity to hang out with them. Or schedule the first meet before you meet your friends, and let the person know you can't stay long. Or keep doing what you're doing-making excuses why you will never meet someone perfect enough for you and stay single forever.
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 499
Posted: 11/27/2014 9:38:57 AM
Student loans, burgers, Jackson Hole and napkins.

What a fine mess we have here.
 CharminC
Msg: 500
Posted: 11/27/2014 9:47:34 AM
At what point did you feel you, or the other person, were not interested? That's the reason why first meets should be kept short and simple-less than an hour or less than half an hour-over coffee or a drink, in case there isn't the instant chemistry and immediate fireworks

^^^
I've always found this such bull ... that is unless you don't want to lead the person who appears more interested than you are.
But if it's clear the chemistry isn't there for both, why the hasty "see ya"?
If you get along, why not hang for a while and enjoy the time. We all have only one life. One can never have enough friends and life is too short to spend it dumping people simply because the chemistry isn't there.
I have made friends by giving my time to enjoy their company even though it's clearly not going to progress into anything and have alot of good memories of time spent with them.
Some I've remained friends with and some have become part of my past.
I've run into some and because of the time we spent that day or days, we greet each other warmly..... like friends.
I can't think of a better way to live my life.

Granted though, like I said in the beginning, I will make haste as to not lead the person or it's clear the person has "issues" lol. That is the ONLY time I would shorten the time spent with them and I try to do it as politely as posssible. No need to be rude eh?
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > If a woman agrees to a FWB relationship ...