Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > If a woman agrees to a FWB relationship ...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 532
If a woman agrees to a FWB relationship ...Page 23 of 23    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23)
It's all good Charmin :-D

A suggestion
Maybe sit back and reread the post you are responding to and your own a bit before hitting send to avoid any future misunderstandings.
And, every once a while.... for those old folks like me with failing eyes and zero patience... keep it brief ? pretty please? Just once a while?

Point taken and I will try.
 averagewhitechick
Msg: 533
If a woman agrees to a FWB relationship ...
Posted: 11/29/2014 12:15:26 PM
To anyone joining this thread, the original topic was lost about 10 pages ago. Perhaps someone should start their own thread instead of hijacking mine? Thanks!
 ladyc4
Msg: 534
Posted: 11/29/2014 2:01:39 PM

The 2 of you ought to get a life, what other women, myself included, feel about their "v" is none of your business. You both come across as a bit stalker-ish in obsessing over other people's past posts...
Myself or any other woman in here is not the cause of your misery or self-loathing.
Clarified what? Did any woman in here steal your man, your money or even your crust of bread a la Jean ValJean?

What's the problem with the word "clarified"?
Did somebody get a nerve hit?
AWC, good to see you.
Hope that you've been given some food for thought, at least-when we were able to keep on topic. Somebody let some trolls in, I think.
Cindy O
 SunnyDazical
Msg: 535
Posted: 11/29/2014 3:20:29 PM
....but how personally, sensitively are we going to take dating and social activity?

I am dreadfully sorry I didn't get the memo.
I have been under the impression that dating and social activity were personal!
Silly me......if you all are happy, then by all means...carry on

Ps, I'll stay with my old thin skin, it has fewer calluses
 rasputann
Msg: 536
Posted: 11/30/2014 6:54:40 PM
That arrangement never really seems to work out.
 ladyc4
Msg: 537
Posted: 12/1/2014 10:38:44 AM

That arrangement never really seems to work out.

But what is it that is supposed to "work out"?
while I have heard of FwBs of very longstanding, for the most part it is a situational involvement that isn't EXPECTED to "progress".
Yes, I am aware that sometimes TOO MUCH feeling gets involved on the part of one person, or there is a discrepancy of understanding between the 2 people. There is no set of laws or vows or common "standards" to go by.
One person may thing FwB is secret, after-midnight session of tab P in slot V, little conversation or companionship. IMO that is a "f*ckbuddy" or "booty call", but some people think FwB is just about sex, apparently the word "friend" is just window dressing.
So yeah, 2 people having different understanding of what FwB entails could end up disappointed and mad at each other. But that's not the fault of the concept itself.
Marriage is a highly defined social, legal and religious contract with REAMS of laws, rules, regulations, customs, etc.
However, since reportedly 30%-50% of them fail, then couldn't we say that many marriages "never really work out".?
We have no way to gauge or document how many "committed relationships" fail, but it sure seems like a lot of them "don't seem to work out",either.
If a person knows that a FwB won't work for her or him, that's fine. Don't do 'em. But don't generalize.
MANY social/sexual involvements- beyond onenighters or pay for play-"don't work out".
So I guess we ladies all better find a good BOB and all you gentlemen better develop a relationship with Mrs. Palm and her lovely daughters.
Cindy O
 Like2dance
Msg: 538
view profile
History
Posted: 12/1/2014 3:41:54 PM
I usually have one or more FWB's going. They are almost always with women I have dated. We get along, no expectations except a few may hope to reignite the flame methinks.

A couple are women I once dated who got married, the marriage ended and they really don't want to date again. Usually it works for a while, then ends. A few are long term with women I have met who reside in other states. Might only see them once every year or two.
 ladyc4
Msg: 539
Posted: 12/1/2014 3:55:01 PM
But these FwBs are "working out" for you, I take it?
There. The poster who claims that FwBs seldom work out is hereby proven wrong.
Cindy O
 Like2dance
Msg: 540
view profile
History
Posted: 12/1/2014 3:57:08 PM
Those that work work for a while. Nothing in life is permanent. Some start, then stop, then start again. Most are short lived. A few last longer. Each case is different.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 541
Posted: 12/1/2014 4:30:06 PM

I usually have one or more FWB's going. They are almost always with women I have dated. We get along, no expectations except a few desire to reignite the flame methinks.

With the exception of it being more than one because I don't feel like juggling - if one isn't frequent enough or convenient enough for me - I just switch to another one - to me the whole FWB thing is done to avoid the more than one thing.

I agree, with exes that you know are good in bed - there's no confusion about what it means, no chance of someone getting too attached - you've already dated and you know how it turns out, no jealousy when one of you wants to discontinue for someone you met that you really want to date, etc.
 Cognoscenti214
Msg: 542
Posted: 12/3/2014 3:14:38 PM

Those that work work for a while. Nothing in life is permanent. Some start, then stop, then start again. Most are short lived. A few last longer. Each case is different.

Gee, Sounds like you're describing marriage.....
 hotdogshop100
Msg: 543
Posted: 12/14/2014 7:00:31 AM
When a female settles for this arrangement then she can expected to be fed the crumbs of life.
 Dragracer428
Msg: 544
Posted: 12/14/2014 7:36:56 AM

When a female settles for this arrangement then she can expected to be fed the crumbs of life.

The one who cares the most is the one who is going to get hurt when they develop stronger feelings.
Does that necessarily mean it will be the female, have been the heartbroken one myself a couple of times when a relationship ended.
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 545
Posted: 12/14/2014 7:37:16 AM
If a woman "settles" for anything she is a fool. If she makes a conscious decision to partake in a FWB relationship, who am I (or anyone else) to judge. When you makes choices, there is no need to expect or receive the "crumbs of life". Do what you want, walk your own walk.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 546
Posted: 12/14/2014 8:57:36 AM

The one who cares the most is the one who is going to get hurt when they develop stronger feelings.
Does that necessarily mean it will be the female, have been the heartbroken one myself a couple of times when a relationship ended.

Absolutely, this is true to some degree. A lot of women arrange these situations, a lot of men agree to them and end up attached and get hurt. It's not gender specific - men aren't cornering the market on this.

At the end of the day if you can't handle the arrangement as it's presented, then don't agree to it. If you do agree to it hoping it will turn into something else, you're likely to end up hurt - male or female. You can't get upset about the type of arrangement it is unless you agree to it despite not being the type that can deal with it.

If you are not in this situation and aren't planning to participate in one then that's fine for you. Some can do this and it doesn't affect them - this doesn't make them morally wrong, or lesser individuals, or a sociopath or otherwise abnormal. It makes them wired differently than you.

Those who get hurt in an FWB kind of make their own beds. They usually consent to participate...they don't have to, but they do anyway. That's the plain truth.
 _shakti_
Msg: 547
Posted: 12/14/2014 9:59:48 AM

Those who get hurt in an FWB kind of make their own beds. They usually consent to participate...they don't have to, but they do anyway. That's the plain truth.
Very, very true. It's the same with a one night stand. Why would you enter into that thinking it was going to be more? When there are no assurances to that? And then get upset/angry later based on some fantasy that was only ever in your head? Madness, lol.

I'm not really built for FWB, and I know that about me. But if I did enter into one- and I think I have in the past without explicit consent (though that's the same thing, really), I wouldn't (and didn't) get angry when more wasn't forthcoming. In a way it's kinda freeing.

In some situations where I genuinely did not want more, it was the guy who got all obsessive. Maybe because they were shocked that I didn't? No idea, lol. But it's still not for me. Why bother with all the halfway stuff? I'd much rather masturbate than put up with any of the noise that goes with it (in my head or theirs). At least then I'm guaranteed to cum too, lol.
 Cognoscenti214
Msg: 548
Posted: 12/15/2014 6:03:10 PM

Yes, a female 'settling' for something she explicitly wants is a horrible thing. smh.
 petula1908
Msg: 549
Posted: 12/15/2014 11:37:35 PM
Seriously Belle, who reads this long screeds of yours , someone with a lot of time on their hands. My eyes glaze over after the first two paragraphs.
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 550
Posted: 12/16/2014 6:03:29 AM

Seriously Belle, who reads this long screeds of yours , someone with a lot of time on their hands. My eyes glaze over after the first two paragraphs.

I absolve you from reading anything I write, when you see my name, just skip it, problem solved. I'm not sure why you feel the need to make me aware of your tired eyes, my posts seek no attention, so please do not ever feel in the obligation to make an attempt to read what I write. Life goes on just the same if someone reads it or not.
 JerseyGirl2008
Msg: 551
Posted: 12/16/2014 7:17:00 AM
It IS kind of odd to have a 29 year old coming to the Over 45 forums and writing posts as long as War and Peace. I don't read them either. I simply don't have the time to read 16 paragraphs.

Those of us 45 and over have to use our time more prudently.
 BeckyHT
Msg: 552
view profile
History
Posted: 12/16/2014 8:13:43 AM
Those of us 45 and over have to use our time more prudently.

Perhaps we should be here then!
Off I go, got to use my time more prudently. I think I'll call my BF.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 553
Posted: 12/16/2014 10:49:49 AM
Long posts seem to be the norm around here now.
This used to be a past time...now it's a full time job.
I don't read long posts either, and it's probably too
bad for me, because I might be missing something
interesting.

But seriously...who has the time to read let alone
write all these essays?
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 554
Posted: 12/16/2014 4:52:55 PM
Have to agree, the written thesis or second installment of War and Peace is not even skimmed over...it's ignored completely. Too long and boring.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > If a woman agrees to a FWB relationship ...