Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > If a woman agrees to a FWB relationship ...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Tsar850
Msg: 101
If a woman agrees to a FWB relationship ...Page 5 of 23    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23)
OMG you moron ... just because I said it was his idea and I'm not really the type, that DOES NOT translate to me being naive about a FWB relationship. I wasn't born yesterday.

Then you should have a better grasp of the English language......sorry not buying it. It is worded to try and get a specific response....... My response is not what you wanted. However it is accurate to the context you provided in your post.

BTW nice classy ad hominem attack............keep it classy.

But your prior actions/posts show you are the type..........if your not the type to do something you've never done it.

By the way, I hear you're really a woman hiding behind a man's profile so you can make your ridiculous comments without being publicly bashed if you posted under your real profile, blondie.

Oh now that is rich.......... Everyone knows that's not true.......even c4!!!!!!!

Keep up the ad hominem attacks I'm loving them!!!!! ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!
 NoBuddies_Fool
Msg: 102
If a woman agrees to a FWB relationship ...
Posted: 10/24/2014 12:55:41 PM
Yep... I think the majority of us understood....It's not that hard to understand.
The emphasis is on the "NOT REALLY" in that particular sentence...If she has used the word I Never...different story and even if she had...and got called out on it...meh!!

Besides the question wasn't about whether she wanted to or not....she already said she agreed to it.
Yep...some troll to just argue....about nothing....imo.
Thinking they're enlightening someone....lol.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 103
Posted: 10/24/2014 1:07:11 PM

You can lead a person to knowledge but you can't make them think.

Okei...this right here is funny stuff.
I know I come here to seek knowledge and have someone make me think...said no
one ever in the forum threads.
 ladyc4
Msg: 104
Posted: 10/24/2014 1:23:40 PM
Actually, whoever (s)he is, there is a pretty long history of posting to the forums under different IDs. whatever else I may or may not do (or have done)-I'm still here under the same ID.
I would think it difficult to sustain an opp-gender alter ego for such a long time, but I'm not going to go so far as to completely rule it out.
It is nice to see that he's capable of arguing with someone other than me.
I don't THINK he could be a woman, but then again I've never met him in person, and for all we know the pics he used to have up could have been fake...
Interesting thought, anyway.
Still wonder if the OP ever contacted that guy, or heard back from him? Regardless of whether she has any residual interest in a FwB with the guy, one does wonder why a guy wouldn't follow up on an offer that (apparently) a lot of guys dream about...obligation-free p*ssy.
Except a TRUE fwb does have the obligation to be a friend...
Cindy O
 averagewhitechick
Msg: 105
Posted: 10/24/2014 1:26:10 PM
@Cindy -- from my earlier post, just so you know:

"So to clean up this mess, I haven't heard a word from the potential FWB. And like I said, I haven't pushed the issue. All I can say at this point is he should have struck while the iron was hot because as of right now, I've completely lost all interest in him and his FWB idea."
 ladyc4
Msg: 106
Posted: 10/24/2014 1:33:34 PM
And the loud thud we heard was the window of opportunity-slamming shut on his d*ck.

Still, to re-iterate my original point-IMO/IME; FwBs just sort of organically develop between 2 people on the same page, they are not something "offered" or negotiated.
Cindy O
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 107
Posted: 10/24/2014 1:34:05 PM
Nowhere did the OP say she was naive regarding a FWB relationship nor did I deem what the OP stated to be leading me, or anyone else, into "thinking" she was naive about a FWB relationship.

As to the statement of "I'm not really the type", I took this as - she's not really the type. Hell, she may have tried it once or twice and not enjoyed it or had it work out to her satisfaction - she may even try it again. But, "she's not really the type". Hell, I'm not the type to dye my hair blonde but I did it once. Even trying something once or twice does not make you a "type". It's like me saying "you're the type that likes to shame people for their actions" when in fact, I don't know that. If I was to base my opinion on this thread - I'd say, yup, you're the type. But, I won't generalize nor judge or shame nor bash...I'll leave that to others.

Again, you just want to be "right". And as Ms. Lay stated in an earlier post "Boring".
 Tsar850
Msg: 108
Posted: 10/24/2014 1:43:55 PM
Actually, whoever (s)he is, there is a pretty long history of posting to the forums under different IDs. whatever else I may or may not do (or have done)-I'm still here under the same ID.

Yes I have had different user names.......I have from time to time had relationships that have been enough to cause me to delete my account that I had at the time.

I have had this name for quite a while now and no longer use this site for finding dates........as a matter of fact if I meet someone in real life that does it makes me take a step back from them.

However I can see the same ones stay in contact with each other so they can circle the wagons when the facts are to much for them.

Nothing I'm not use to.

I do have to give credit where it is due........when I first came here I was very naive about dating from the web. In a very round about way I learned a vast amount from c4 and her cohorts. Anyone that can read can glean the same things from them...........the word misandry is a very accurate word..........just go back and read the disparities cast at the "partner" of AWC.........

Thanks to the knowledge they have passed to me I very rarely waste more than one date on this type of woman.

So thank you for all of the examples. They have been truly helpful over the last few years.
 anita_lay
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Posted: 10/24/2014 4:16:20 PM
^^Your "dates" should be thanking us, not you. I'd be banging my head against a wall after listening to you for an evening. Hard. To the point of unconsciousness.

I gave my Mom a b-day gift-does that make her a hooker?
I gave a friend a b-day gift-does that make HER a hooker?
If a man I happen to be sleeping w/ gives me a gift, does that make me a hooker?
If I gift a man I am sleeping with, does that make him a man-hoor?

If the gift is cash and it's after a shtup yes, it makes you a hooker. It also makes you a bad speller (hoor???

OP he probably didn't call you back coz he just wanted to see if you'd be up for it. That's all the titillation he actually needs. Another fruitcake online Romeo...
PS: Did anyone credit the great Dorothy Parker for the "you can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think" quote? While we're searching for quote originators? She's a perfect example of why you don't want to mess with some types of women, Tsar(ina). You'd be reading about her having your balls for breakfast. Or maybe not.
 petula1908
Msg: 110
Posted: 10/24/2014 4:47:05 PM
averagewhitechick

You know that he is probably not capable of having a full on sexual relationship and you may have just called his bluff on that one. I am assuming he is around his sixties, right?? Correct me if I am wrong.

If you want an FWB or want to experiment with that, go for the younger hotter guy, there are plenty looking for the more mature woman to have a casual relationship with, it could be a lot of fun!!!!. You cant get pregnant so why not?? Memories to look back on....I have done that once or twice and we knew it wouldnt last, but what a ride.....
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 10/25/2014 3:25:40 AM

he should have struck while the iron was hot because as of right now, I've completely lost all interest in him and his FWB idea."

Seems he doesn't/didn't agree.

Don't you see that among your deflecting in posts/of thoughts posters have on this by attacking people by name calling ( moron, correcting someones placement or use of words) that have been expressed here that
he obviously didn't want to or would have followed up.

Is he still alive?
Maybe he was "struck" down by a train or something.
Stranger sheet has happened.

Why should he have "struck" ? Me thinks he "got struck " elsewhere or was testing your moralality/sexual promiscuity in his mind or just flipping curious (some men will ask anything once and not really expect a yes, then freak out).

Your iron was hot as you say, but not the "REALLY" the type. What eva, OK..as you wish.

I'm not "really" the type (at this age) to dance on bars in daisy dukes but pass the
TA KILL YA in a private home..Coyote Ugly here I come.

Shot down
Drop it low and pick it up just like this (yeah)
Cup of Ace, cup of Goose, cup of Cris
High heels, somethin' worth a half a ticket on my wrist (on my wrist)
Takin' all the liquor straight, never chase that (never)
Rooftop like we bringin' '88 back (what?)
Bring the hooks in, where the bass at?
Champagne spillin', you should taste that...... iggy

I would kick puppies to see you "drop it low".
I could start to sell tickets and see what "that visual" brings in.
50/50 KAY???

^^It's an urban myth, dating back to the 1930s..

Dear Quote Investigator: There is a famous story about sex and money that I have heard in myriad variations. A man asks a woman if she would be willing to sleep with him if he pays her an exorbitant sum. She replies affirmatively. He then names a paltry amount and asks if she would still be willing to sleep with him for the revised fee. The woman is greatly offended and replies as follows:

She: What kind of woman do you think I am?

He: We’ve already established that. Now we’re just haggling over the price.

This joke is retold with different famous individuals filling the roles. Often Bernard Shaw is mentioned. Did anything like this ever happen? Who was involved?

^^^^^^^^^^^^Thats it!!! Hearts your way..
 averagewhitechick
Msg: 112
Posted: 10/25/2014 6:49:33 AM
^^^Is English your first language?
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 113
Posted: 10/25/2014 6:57:00 AM
^^^ lol. Too funny. I thought the same thing, even read it more than once and then just thought....maybe my morning coffee hasn't kicked in yet.
 slowitalldown
Msg: 114
Posted: 10/25/2014 6:58:52 AM
I find it really depressing to read such ugly posts here. Especially by people who portray themselves as such nice people in other non dating type threads. Eye opening really. Ive never felt competitive with other wom en, and am so surprised to see this crap- also find it amazing how small minded and puritanical the responses have been.

really have you people nothing better to do than sling mud around forgetting most of it sticks to yourself?

On topic, OP, I imagine he thought it was a good idea at the time, perhaps your response wasnt as enthusiastic as he thought or hoped it might be, so he drifted off. Go find yourself some nice relatively healthy, possibly younger male and enjoy some sex while you are pondering the path you want to take re relationships! Youve made me think maybe I should do the same!
 Tsar850
Msg: 115
Posted: 10/25/2014 6:59:29 AM
^^Your "dates" should be thanking us, not you. I'd be banging my head against a wall after listening to you for an evening. Hard. To the point of unconsciousness.

Don't flatter yourself you'd never make it past the first point of contact.

If the gift is cash and it's after a shtup yes, it makes you a hooker. It also makes you a bad speller (hoor???

I know right. Seems y'all would proof read for each other if y'all are going to circle the wagons..... Tisk risk....so sloppy.

She's a perfect example of why you don't want to mess with some types of women, Tsar(ina). You'd be reading about her having your balls for breakfast. Or maybe not.

Never heard of her......also why do I need her as an example?

I have so many of y'all here that are so insecure that you have to try and denigrate anyone that does not march in lockstep to y'all.

And that is why I'm so thankful for the examples...... And you're most likely correct...... They probably would pay you..... However y'all have made me so effective at weeding the insecure self esteem lacking that are average to sub average.... That I really don't have to concern myself with them.
 _babblefish
Msg: 116
Posted: 10/25/2014 7:52:25 AM

SOME men and women of a certain generation also think if you will lay down for one you dont care about , then you may be promiscuous or at the very least wanton/promiscuous/ immoral / fast/loose//degenerate/whorish/disreputable/lascivious/debauched. I just love that word..debauched..debauchery .......whoop!

Why should he have "struck" ? Me thinks he "got struck " elsewhere or was testing your moralality/sexual promiscuity in his mind or just flipping curious (some men will ask anything once and not really expect a yes, then freak out).

is there a need for demonizing something that is outside your sexually repressed viewpoint? for the other
disturbed serial monogamist diva that finds a FWB 'barf' worthy, y'all make it sound like good sex with a
non partner can only mutually exclusive, how diminishing
 ladyc4
Msg: 117
Posted: 10/25/2014 8:07:45 AM
I really should just let this all go but sometimes I just can't resist....

That I really don't have to concern myself with them.

Really? REALLY?
You've spent several pages concerning themselves with "them" (us)-the wagon-circling lockstepping cohorts.

Not that many here have come out and condemned either FwBs OR the OP.

I think some men work the online dating sites or however it is they meet women, but all they do is keep the contact in their back pocket. So they can comfort their ego when life-or the wife-whoever/whatever smacks them upside the head-with "yeah I COULD have a date or a FwB or get laid" and that's all it ever is, a backpocket fantasy of "getting even".
Trust me, the net and other places are freaking full of men who will approach and if they get a favorable response, they vanish.
I recently had an experience with a PoF guy who emailed me characterizing himself as a "neighbor"( yeah a 20 mile away "neighbor,lol) . whe exchanged a couple of emais, he suggested meeting. I mentioned a couple of places I pretty much planned to be in the coming week( in the course of what I do)- where neither of us would be the least bit inconvenienced.
Haven't heard a peep out of him since.
As for those who disappear from PoF and then pop up under another ID;
while I am sure that for many, it IS because they chose to leave PoF in deference to a real-life dating/relationship experience, I am also sure that there are those who leave and come back under a different ID, in order to circumvent a ban-or(sadly) because they acquire a PoF stalker.

I would LOVE to have the wholesale belief that those who sever their PoF ties do so for happy and positive reasons. But I know that isn't always the case. And I also know of those who maintain Pof memberships even though they are seeing someone, in order to continue forum participation and/ or to be involved in PoF live events.

Though as I understand it the OP actually did meet and date this guy in person, I still wonder if his "FwB offer" isn't just a backpocket ego boost that he never did intend to actually pursue.
Unfortunately I sometimes wonder if a fair amount of online guys who approach and don't follow through, aren't just like a dog that chases cars, would have NO IDEA what to do with it if he actually caught one!
Cindy O
 Tsar850
Msg: 118
Posted: 10/25/2014 8:32:27 AM

Really? REALLY?
You've spent several pages concerning themselves with "them" (us)-the wagon-circling lockstepping cohorts.

I realize it might be hard for you to understand context..... The THEM I was speaking of is the women like y'all that I meet in real life..... Yes I do have a great time here in the forums watching y'all try and figure out how to actually deal with facts and someone that is not dismissed by your misandry.

As I said before this is entertainment for me as well as a somber reminder that people like you do exist.

Your post here is a prime example of how you just have to try and put others down to elevate yourself.

As I said I've learned a lot here. And am better for it.

Op and friends of..... I'm glad you have each other to lean on....to cast disparities at others to feel better about yourselves.

I'm sure you think it is easier than actually learning about yourself and working on that.

However once you actually look in the mirror and see what really needs working on and act on it......you will see it was you holding yourself down all along.
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 119
Posted: 10/25/2014 8:46:42 AM
Tsar 20, Lady 18. Cool.

I know, I'm bored and killing time until I go out for brunch. Carry on y'all.
 ladyc4
Msg: 120
Posted: 10/25/2014 8:58:51 AM
As I said I've learned a lot here. And am better for it.

Now, on that I am afraid I will have to install a fairly permanent "agree to disagree" status.

The THEM I was speaking of is the women like y'all that I meet in real life.....

If that ever REALLy did happen, I think you'd come out on the losing side of the encounter.

Who is it (forum poster) who says she loves a battle but only if the loser gets eaten?
I wish she'd show up here...Soup's on.
Or maybe it's brunch for bluemoon.
Yeah, I know, I shouldn't keep poking the bear but if I laugh any harder the tears will be running down my leg...
Cindy O
Cindy O
 Tsar850
Msg: 121
Posted: 10/25/2014 9:11:59 AM

Now, on that I am afraid I will have to install a fairly permanent "agree to disagree" status.

I know it is hard to believe that someone can actually learn since it has been so long ago that you was able to but it does happen.

If that ever REALLy did happen, I think you'd come out on the losing side of the encounter.

Who is it (forum poster) who says she loves a battle but only if the loser gets eaten?
I wish she'd show up here...Soup's on.
Or maybe it's brunch for bluemoon.
Yeah, I know, I shouldn't keep poking the bear but if I laugh any harder the tears will be running down my leg...
Cindy O
Cindy O

Ahhh my dear c4 your tales are showing..... You are shaken and it shows.....actually blue moon was being kind to you on the scoring.......

However please keep it up as I am enjoying the banter.
 ladyc4
Msg: 122
Posted: 10/25/2014 9:22:17 AM

You are shaken and it shows

Perhaps you need to speak to a qualified person about these delusions.
Damn, bluemoon, why did you have to mention brunch...comedy always makes me hungry.
Thanks folks, I'll be here all week, don't forget to tip your server.

Cindy O
 Kay9876
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Posted: 10/25/2014 9:41:42 AM
Several posters in this thread have suggested that the man mentioned by the OP has more talk than ability sexually and/or the OP should look for a younger man. I’m close to the OP’s age and wondering about the percentage of available men our age or older (58+) who are able and willing. I can google the stats on the percentages of men with ED, but those statistics don’t take into account how many of the sexually healthy men are in relationships and how many are available and looking.

There are lifestyle conditions and medications associated with erectile dysfunction, and certain regions of the United States have a greater incidence of these. According to a recent study, Oklahoma (the OP’s home state) is one of the 10 fattest states in America with 30.5% being obese. This doesn’t include the merely overweight population. And excess weight is just one of the precursors of erectile dysfunction. ...

I don’t mean to turn this thread into a conversation about obesity, health, or Viagra. (Requiring a pill for sex doesn’t erase the visible characteristics of erectile dysfunction. It postpones them until the day pills no longer work or the recipient’s health improves.)

My question relates to the OP. What degree of hope is there for people like her who want it all – compatibility, good character, and sexual awesomeness? The choices available to her become part of the decision to FWB or not-FWB.

Lack of a good alternative doesn’t make an FWB inevitable. An FWB wouldn’t work for me, but I can understand why other people choose it. We’re each in our own situation with unique opportunities. We can’t choose steak from a dessert menu, so do we wait for steak or eat the cheesecake?

In answer to the OP’s question, the man has not shown evidence that he is relationship or friend material for her. Asking for a concession from the OP that he had no intention (or ability) to meet is a self-serving gesture. In the unlikely event that his request was meaningful at the time but he later had reason to back away, a friend would have touched base with the OP to let her know how and why his circumstances changed.
 averagewhitechick
Msg: 124
Posted: 10/25/2014 9:42:02 AM
This is how we know Tsar is a really a woman. No man would ever carry on to this degree with the ridiculous drama lol
 Tsar850
Msg: 125
Posted: 10/25/2014 10:18:44 AM

This is how we know Tsar is a really a woman. No man would ever carry on to this degree with the ridiculous drama lol

Oh I see you are also getting rattled but then you have been for a while now.
BTW that is a very sexist comment.

You see it is fun to see 8-10 people hurl insults at just one when they have long ago lost the debate on facts.

Perhaps you need to speak to a qualified person about these delusions.
Damn, bluemoon, why did you have to mention brunch...comedy always makes me hungry.
Thanks folks, I'll be here all week, don't forget to tip your server.

Cindy O

Oh you have been here forever...... That's part of your trouble. And as far as delusional....... Well you wear that crown much better than I....... mi lady c4.

BTW you're slipping you forgot to hurl any disparities at the op's "partner"........ Such a missed opportunity.

In the unlikely event that his request was meaningful at the time but he later had reason to back away, a friend would have touched base with the OP to let her know how and why his circumstances changed.

Let me give you a mans view on FWBs anything other than friends in the street and sex in the sheets nullifies the agreement.

Everyone of them I've ever had was caused to end by my partner at the time wanting it to evolve into a relationship.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > If a woman agrees to a FWB relationship ...