Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Men Going Their Own Way (MGTOW)      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 NewYorker58
Msg: 251
view profile
History
Men Going Their Own Way (MGTOW)Page 11 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
What I said wasn't based on this post of his, but many others I've seen go by. He could use a good therapist to help him sort things out, come to a conclusion, and then be happy with himself. Right now, he's a young version of these older unhappy guys we see here.

You should try riding the IRT. I would stand at the edge of the platform so that when the crowded train showed up, my fellow riders would be behind me, pushing me in the cattle car. It's an inhumane way to get to work. I did have the luxury of taking the LIRR to go hiking. Now the L.I.E, I feel your pain. I had the Belt Pkwy. Doesn't anyone have uncongested hwys? It's pretty bad in WA state.
 whosmeow
Msg: 252
Men Going Their Own Way (MGTOW)
Posted: 2/4/2018 12:07:10 PM
I ride the 7 often in Queens, the 2 or 3, and 6 in Manhattan. Welcome to standing room only. I also lived in Olympia and remember the I-5 parking lot well. However neither of us are therapists (I did study nursing, and pharmacy technology among many things). You should go back and read some of your own posts before passing judgement upon others. No one posting on this site should be casting stones. We should be encouraging others to do better, feel better, and be better people. That's one big thing wrong with our society. We have forgotten how to build one another up, and instead tear one another down. Therefore there are movements such as MGTOW, because of it.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 253
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2018 12:48:23 PM
The best advise for him is to seek therapy. He doesn't require encouragement, it's beyond that:

-It just pisses me off so damn much that men are always expected to be confident it makes me feel like getting violent sometimes, nobody cares if a woman is confident or not.

-ya i'm just referring to my resentment on how it's okay for women to be shy, quiet, have anxiety but not okay for men.
 boozyshamrockshake
Msg: 254
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2018 10:18:26 PM
So boring. Mgow is for "men" who don't want to grow up and act like adults. It's an excuse for childish men with bad attitudes and ugly personalities to never improve themselves because "everyone else" is to blame for everything. And by everyone else, I mean women who refuse to tolerate their abusive and childish personalities. I'm so sick to this whiny garbage everywhere I turn. It is not a philosophy. It's an excuse to feel sorry for yourself. I'm not saying "you". I'm saying the pathetic guys who somehow think this is some kind of bold stance. It's not. It's pathetic. If women treat you badly, it's likely because you have a rotten personality. I love all of these "good" guys who fly off the handle and say the ugliest things about women at the drop of a hat. Such "good guys". Quite honestly, if you think it's something you want to be part of, what in hell are you doing on a dating website? Looking for other guys, one would hope. Because you're wasting our time. I'm pretty sure even if these guys could manage to get into a relationship, they'd do nothing but whine and complain, because nothing is ever good enough for them. These are miserable people. Not philosophers, not revolutionaries, not "good guys". Sad little men with rotten souls. End of story.
 PopCultureGeek
Msg: 255
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2018 2:16:49 AM
Well that's what MGTOW is, avoiding relationships with women, because I've always hated, resented the gender role, social-norm that guys have to be the initiators in terms of starting the relationship, always making the first move, etc.
 cooldog65
Msg: 256
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2018 4:03:03 AM

I've considered it, because I have never enjoyed being the hunter

Funny that you're pictured with a hunter like Mike Tyson...
 halforhalfnot
Msg: 257
Posted: 2/5/2018 7:57:45 AM
Yeah. Using a picture with a convicted rapist as your main might not be the best strategy.
 Naturalselection53
Msg: 258
Posted: 2/5/2018 9:26:28 AM
I'm fairly certain if you really wanted to go your own way you wouldnt need a philosophy or movement to do it. You would just do it. This is just attention seeking. Please, please, beg me to stay.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 259
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2018 12:53:12 PM

I'm fairly certain if you really wanted to go your own way you wouldnt need a philosophy or movement to do it. You would just do it.

I disagree. You can have a mindset, people ask you how/why you roll the way you do, you draw it out and become more aware of what you do to pass it along -- and for realization that when things aren't going so great, to error-correct, etc. Many people who are in a more go-my-own-way mentality can be kinda lost. What ways are in my best interest? Much like any self-help thing. I agree that you don't Need a philosophy to always Hold to -- but to launch from. You can still hold to it to remind yourself, like any self-help manta, to make the best of things.

That said, MGTOW is over-the-top, like many things out there. Good news is, like different self-improvement mantras, like strong-oriented PUA stuff, in execution by those following it, a vast majority don't apply it IRL to the over-the-top limit.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 260
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2018 3:21:26 PM
Pop is actually being proactive with being able to meet women with his interests. It's too bad his being passive then kills it for him, but I think there's more to it with his resentment of women, and having common female traits, which do not attract women. He resents women for wanting non-passive men, but what about his male friends? They don't lambaste him for not asking women out and for being passive? If being passive was his only issue, he could try to work on that, but he appears to be happy as is, to then resent women. This scenario requires introspection and therapy.
 Naturalselection53
Msg: 261
Posted: 2/5/2018 4:55:10 PM

I disagree. You can have a mindset, people ask you how/why you roll the way you do, you draw it out and become more aware of what you do to pass it along -- and for realization that when things aren't going so great, to error-correct

I disagree, I know several women who have given up dating men for various reasons. They don't feel the need to start an online campaign warning other women about the evil men do. Nor do they announce it to the world. Like adults, they just go about their lives without including men in a romantic way in it. No, this is just attention seeking behaviour by a bunch of whiny, needy, bitter bros.
 PopCultureGeek
Msg: 262
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2018 5:03:57 PM
well, what is the god damn logic behind why going for what you want, or going after what you want, it's part of masculinity to be a man that goes for what he wants? I never liked it so I choose not to be a part of it.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 263
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2018 5:24:01 PM
For anyone that wants anything in life, it helps to be somewhat aggressive. That's life. Unless you want to work on changing yourself, and you certainly don't have to, accept that it's going to lessen your chances to date.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 264
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2018 4:02:02 AM

I disagree, I know several women who have given up dating men for various reasons. They don't feel the need to start an online campaign warning other women about the evil men do.

I didn't say it was a requirement at all. I'm disagreeing with your statement that one going their own way is Not going to have them buying into any movement. Again, like self-help books, one can buy into them to launch doing this-or-that, for better or worse or a mixture of the two. It may be to just launch, or to always have it as their second-hand bible for some time. It's not required, but it exists.

So if said self-help books is about independence, there's no new rule that says "truly independent people aren't going to want a philosophy or movement to lean on". Not so. They may not Need it -- true. Many will tell you that too. But some will want to, and my point is that that by itself doesn't degrade their independence.
 et_non
Msg: 265
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2018 10:36:55 AM
Meanwhile over here in idiot jockoland some bozo called a spade a long handled digging implement.
 Inicia
Msg: 266
Posted: 2/23/2018 8:14:05 AM
^^LOL I call it a rubber scraper- others call it a spatula. but then do they call a spatula an egg/pancake flippy thing?
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 267
Posted: 4/5/2018 5:09:11 PM
MGTOW has actually given us many things we should be thankful for. Famous minds like Nikola Tesla, Isaac Newton, and Arthur Schopenhauer went their own way. If not for Tesla, we would not be enjoying the comforts of electricity right now.
 reason782
Msg: 268
Posted: 4/5/2018 9:06:18 PM
^ pretty sure MGTOW wasn't a thing back then. Isaac newton was autistic and probably asexual, but Nikola Tesla was probably MGTOW but not for the same reasons people are MGTOW today.

MGTOW today is for beta cucks who can't get a womans panties wet. Basically cucks who disagree with how the dating game works, or the roles of gender in dating. Nothing like what those three guys did.

So I wouldn't say thanks to MGTOW
 basilisk123
Msg: 269
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2018 12:48:16 AM
There could be a lot of reasons why a man doesn't pursue sex like a horny teenager.

To shame people for no other reason than to put them down, makes you seem like a douche.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 270
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2018 10:38:57 AM

MGTOW has actually given us many things we should be thankful for. Famous minds like Nikola Tesla, Isaac Newton, and Arthur Schopenhauer went their own way.

Read up on MGTOW online club/movement/gathering -- and it's Much more than merely "going your own way". It takes that Good baton, and runs off the rails much of the time by it's main dude, from bitterness.
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 271
Posted: 4/6/2018 2:53:14 PM
^^^ Yeah, there is a lot of bitterness. It’s the same as the women who say that they don’t need men for anything yet they’re probably living in a house built by men, using roads built by men and paying men to fix their roofs and plumbing. When it comes down to survival in the wild, there’s evidence that women couldn’t survive without men.
Watch this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnNJpwf4m7s&app=desktop
 basilisk123
Msg: 272
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2018 9:25:41 PM
^^^^^ There is no reason to be bitter though. Neither men nor women should be the top of the dating food chain. Equality of the sexes is just that. Equality. They are free to refuse you as much as you are free to refuse them.

Is it painful to always be passed over? Yes it certainly is, it is extremely painful to be not wanted, but that doesn't give anyone the right to lash out. I should know, I am 36 and never had a romantic relationship before. It happens, it sucks, but you just got to be thankful for what you have and hold your head high. It won't make your pain go away if you spread it around, it will only compound your misery.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 273
view profile
History
Posted: 4/11/2018 2:23:59 AM

MGTOW has actually given us many things we should be thankful for. Famous minds like Nikola Tesla, Isaac Newton, and Arthur Schopenhauer went their own way. If not for Tesla, we would not be enjoying the comforts of electricity right now.

Please, MGTOWs and Feminists...and religion's for that matter...please do not try to claim credit for things like this or anything else, nor try to vindicate yourselves with the like. You only take yourself to a new low trying to name-drop like that and make a fool of yourself.
 reason782
Msg: 274
Posted: 4/11/2018 7:26:31 AM

^^^ Yeah, there is a lot of bitterness. It’s the same as the women who say that they don’t need men for anything yet they’re probably living in a house built by men, using roads built by men and paying men to fix their roofs and plumbing. When it comes down to survival in the wild, there’s evidence that women couldn’t survive without men.
Watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnNJpwf4m7s&app=desktop

it's not as much as bitterness as it is toxicity

When it comes down to survival in the wild, there’s evidence that women couldn’t survive without men.

either would eventually die off because they cant breed by themselves...

someone needs a hug... i could use one too though, thankssssssssssss dude
 reason782
Msg: 275
Posted: 4/11/2018 7:30:31 AM
to have a narrative is to be narrow minded
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Men Going Their Own Way (MGTOW)