Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Men Going Their Own Way (MGTOW)      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 276
Men Going Their Own Way (MGTOW)Page 12 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
Bitterness is a natural human emotion. You can’t just tell somebody not to be bitter. That’s like telling somebody with depression to lighten up. It doesn’t work that way. Usually they need counselling to deal with all the emotional garbage they have.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 277
view profile
History
Men Going Their Own Way (MGTOW)
Posted: 4/11/2018 4:40:26 PM
I most certainly would survive equally, if not better than a man in the wilderness. Men probably built my house, but that means nothing. When I need repairs done, I take out the tools and do them, be it carpentry or plumbing.

For a woman to say she doesn't need a man is not to be dismissive or demeaning to men. It means we don't need a man to survive and we don't have to depend on a man, except for companionship, and sometimes not even that because companionship can come from people of the same gender and from pets. Likewise, men do not need woman to survive, but it is shown that men live longer in the context of a marriage and it's due to the woman caring for them.
 basilisk123
Msg: 278
view profile
History
Posted: 4/11/2018 7:09:15 PM
Women have fragile bodies!? Since when? Child birth proves that women are anything but fragile. Imagine passing a basketball through your**** It is pretty much the same thing.
Women don't have it easy, in many ways they had it way harder than any man. It is only within the last century that they were even given a semblance of equality, and even that is incomplete.

Women want to pursue their dreams too, and I think as men, we have a duty to see that they receive the same opportunities that we do. Technology made all these things viable, men do not have to be so disposable, and women have more freedom to do what they want. I think everyone wins.

I think you are operating under an old paradigm of men and women. It is different now with the advent of technology and advances in society. Women do the same things that men do in the workforce.
 basilisk123
Msg: 279
view profile
History
Posted: 4/11/2018 8:28:45 PM
I actually said d*i*c*k hole, but the language filters screwed it up. That is the closest pain equivalent I can come up with. The only difference is that female bodies were built to survive this ordeal, but even that is not guaranteed. To think that every mother before the advent of painkillers had to deal with this pain, is very humbling.

As for the women's suffrage movement, I believe that women who were against it were more fearful of change than anything else.

I actually know a woman who worked offshore for many years. She loved it. She was very classy and feminine off the rig, but as soon as she got on the rig, she was one of the guys. She knew her shit and worked hard, so she is now a manager at a company in Louisiana since she getting up there in age.
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 280
Posted: 4/11/2018 8:49:17 PM
Well I feel that men are also seen as incapable of taking on traditional female roles and professions. I don’t know too many women who would except the role reversal of a stay-at-home Dad. I also took a nursing assistant course, and I felt that the instructors were harder on me because they assumed that I lacked the nurturing skills and empathy of a woman. Women can be whatever they want, but a man still has to be a man? That doesn’t make sense. Like the women who don’t act like traditional women themselves and then cry “Where have all the real men gone?”
 basilisk123
Msg: 281
view profile
History
Posted: 4/11/2018 9:14:29 PM
Men have physical power, women have physical endurance. It equals out. That still doesn't make them fragile. I have seen too many strong women in my life to label them that way.

Perhaps they should have been called to fight. Perhaps they wanted to fight. or perhaps they did already.

https://www.archives.gov/publications/prologue/1993/spring/women-in-the-civil-war-1.html

women want to pursue what they want, and not be beholden to anyone. They want the chance to accomplish something with their lives. This is a human thing, that goes beyond man or woman. I think we should let them and empower them to do so.

OH you don't say! A study! Please cite said study...
 basilisk123
Msg: 282
view profile
History
Posted: 4/12/2018 3:53:47 AM
I think we have to agree to disagree on the strength aspect, because it is apparent we don't have the same definition of what constitutes weakness and strength. Also I wasn't comparing stamina, I was comparing endurance. There is a difference.

stam·i·na
['stam?n?]
NOUN
the ability to sustain prolonged physical or mental effort.
"their secret is stamina rather than speed"

en·dur·ance
[in'd(y)o?or?ns, en'd(y)o?or?ns]
NOUN
the fact or power of enduring an unpleasant or difficult process or situation without giving way.
"she was close to the limit of her endurance"

I think if I ask a random woman on the street now a days, they will tend to agree with me that their place in a more liberal society is way better than in pre-women's sufferage movement.

The point I was making is that there are women who chose of their own volition to take the risk and fight alongside men in war in the days before the women's suferage movement. They were called to fight by their values and their convictions. But I digress, I think I worded my last post a little too romantically on that part.

As for the science portion of that piece. You seem to be basing your assumptions on Dr. Angela Lanfranchi theories. Not even she mentions the whole Alpha/Beta thing. The only one who mentions it is a personal trainer in the first article who has no credibility whatsoever. She was talking about gene compatibility, not personality types.

The other posts are a correlation between birth control and women finding more feminine looking men as attractive. Notice that they say feminine LOOKING man. They do not compare personality types anywhere in the 2 scientific studies. One even limits its study by saying they did not do a double blind test, so their numbers can be skewed.

The one thing I do take from the articles is that that there is a correlation between the pill and women finding feminine faced men more attractive than masculine faced men. Feminine face does not equal beta however, nor does masculine face equal alpha. These are two separate issues and to try to jury rig a connection between these two things is silly at best.

In other articles they say that women value assertiveness and kindness, not aggression. Being assertive and kind is not a masculine only trait.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/head-games/201412/are-alpha-males-myth-or-reality

Me thinks you are just trying to justify your hatred towards women.
 basilisk123
Msg: 283
view profile
History
Posted: 4/12/2018 8:20:21 AM
Wouldn't that just be a mail ordered bride? If someone does not like you for you, then what good are they as a partner in a romantic relationship? Do you actually seek to find a woman who is of a lower socio-economic background just so she can be subservient to you? What happens when she gets the ride to a 1st world country, gets the education, and starts thinking for herself? Will you get rid of her? Will she get rid of you? That whole situation is very sad.

It is not like I cannot understand the anger and frustration about not being able to find someone. I understand it all too deeply. I am still finding myself getting very angry about my situation and my inability to find someone. I just think that blaming others is the wrong way to go about dealing with the situation. It isn't western women's fault that people like us are not loved. They are dealing with the same thing. They are trying to navigate this ****ing minefield of a life too. We can go around in circles about who has it better, but really, neither sex has it better than the other. All of us deal with ***holes and liars, cheaters and abusers. The point is to use life to become stronger and wiser as a person, instead of wallowing in your own anger and misery
 reason782
Msg: 284
Posted: 4/12/2018 3:20:12 PM

It is not like I cannot understand the anger and frustration about not being able to find someone. I understand it all too deeply. I am still finding myself getting very angry about my situation and my inability to find someone.

everything can be substituted, there is an equivalence. Such that the hole or gap you feel inside (LUL), or on the line can be filled with a thing that gives you continuity rather than discontinuity.

some of you are just being cucks cause you closed off the other side of the line at the discontinuity and expect other people to fill it for you

instead of continuing on with the line, you cucks stop instead.

I can only ask myself why not just go perpendicular of the whole line, give yourself a wider view of the line, cause you've been in it the whole time.

reason782
Msg: 285
Posted: 4/12/2018 3:33:48 PM

Well I feel that men are also seen as incapable of taking on traditional female roles and professions. I don’t know too many women who would except the role reversal of a stay-at-home Dad. I also took a nursing assistant course, and I felt that the instructors were harder on me because they assumed that I lacked the nurturing skills and empathy of a woman. Women can be whatever they want, but a man still has to be a man? That doesn’t make sense. Like the women who don’t act like traditional women themselves and then cry “Where have all the real men gone?”

MGTOW turned me gay bruh, it'll do the same to you to if you stick around long enough
 NewYorker58
Msg: 286
view profile
History
Posted: 4/12/2018 5:16:50 PM
I think Basil summed up things very well. Both sexes have their issues.

The funny thing about mgtow, is that they want women to behave as equals, but have disdain for those that do. To get a partner from a 3rd world country is targeting women that are looking at you like you're a big fat $ sign. I thought they didn't want to be seen as such? Putting desperate women into a position that is akin to slavery is not acquiring a partner, but hiring a lifetime prostitute. If you have a disdain for women, I guess it's a preferred way to treat a woman. It's that kind of attitude that women pick up from a guy, and then keeps him dateless.

I don't know why mgtow are on a dating site.
 reason782
Msg: 287
Posted: 4/13/2018 3:24:31 AM

You don't 'turn' gay, you don't suddenly wake up one morning and think, do you know what, I fancy a bit of c0ck today. Idiot!
Being mgtow gave you the opportunity to take a step back and reflect on your life which is when you discover you were actually gay. I hope you find your happiness.

LOOOOOOOOL, I hope you didn't think I was serious but either way that was funny.

Yes I'm pretty happy (gay) LMAO
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 288
Posted: 4/13/2018 12:47:57 PM

men live longer in the context of a marriage and it's due to the woman caring for them.

New Yorker, when I was married I was doing the majority of the cooking and the household chores, and she didn’t even seem to appreciate it. It seems like the more that I did, the more she demanded from me. I seen plenty of female profiles on here crying “Where have all the real men gone?” and “What happened to chivalry?” but what they forget is that women themselves wanted to change these things, not men - I do believe it was the feminists.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 289
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2018 1:56:13 PM
Andy, have you ever heard of men going to certain Asian countries for sex and drug holidays? That's not dating, like going to bars to meet women in your country, unless you're paying hookers in your own country, and many of these girls are children!

I have not looked up feminism. I'm not part of a group other than the human race. My goal with meeting a man is to see what his needs are and meet them, while he also meets mine, with hopes of having a mutual satisfying relationship. I have never been supported by a man, but I did support my 1st husband that was a student. We went on nice vacations, I clothed and fed him. It was my choice, I'm not complaining, and instead feel proud of taking excellent care of him, which I don't regret doing.

It sounds like you've done some wonderful things for people to significantly change their lives. It's a shame you can't find a nice lady to give of yourself to her, as she does the same for you. The issue is that it's not easy for anyone to find someone to be compatible with. You've got to kiss a lot of frogettes to find that one special person, while not developing a bad attitude. Definitely easier said than done.

Doesn't everyone prefer a partner that makes a decent living?
 NewYorker58
Msg: 290
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2018 2:08:56 PM
Kiss, maybe I'm mistaken, but weren't you not working when you were doing all those household chores?

Still, as a house husband, she should have appreciated what you did, though I feel there's more to this story. That happens with women too. Guys may not always appreciate women doing that crappy and not very rewarding work at home. I dated a widower that said after his wife died, he realized all that she did around the house and appreciated it after the fact. I felt really bad for him, because I could see the sadness in his face with that revelation.

I'm happy to say that there's less confusion about roles in my generation. I can see guys today may be confused, and probably women are too. You have to find someone that has your same values. It's not easy to find compatible people. The thing is to try and not be disillusioned by relationships that don't work.
 reason782
Msg: 291
Posted: 4/13/2018 2:40:07 PM

New Yorker, when I was married I was doing the majority of the cooking and the household chores.

first mistake was you doing woman's work, you officially became a beta cuck in her primate brain...

I seen plenty of female profiles on here crying “Where have all the real men gone?” and “What happened to chivalry?”

those are also some cucky arse titles trying to bait in responses.

but what they forget is that women themselves wanted to change these things, not men - I do believe it was the feminists

if a couple of angry dykes (in comparison to the amount of people there are on the planet ) can do all, then there is no hope for you in the blue sea.

drop the beta cuck act it obviously isn't working out for you.
 basilisk123
Msg: 292
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2018 3:13:12 PM
^^^^^ Obvious troll is obvious.
 ghostata
Msg: 293
Posted: 4/13/2018 3:30:33 PM
Andyaa, I would think in developing parts of the World, women will always go for the guy most likely to get them out of poverty, but in the United States at least, where even the middle class (or the rapidly disappearing middle class anyway) own their own homes, cars, etc....money is not the be all and end all. Everything else being equal, all women will be attracted to more successful men than less successful men, but that is not entirely due to "income" as much as to power, confidence, etc.

I can tell you that I have been in touch with several women from my high school class....all of them who married very well, i.e., high up in the economic hierarchy. I can say for a fact that they are not all deliriously happy and they would give up their riches (albeit, not accept poverty) to be with a guy they actually loved. For many women of course, they learn the lesson too late. . . after they have married, after they have had their kids, etc. Then they are pretty much stuck, as are the guys who married them.
 reason782
Msg: 294
Posted: 4/13/2018 7:23:23 PM

first mistake was you doing woman's work, you officially became a beta cuck in her primate brain...

^^^^^ Obvious troll is obvious.

explain to me then, cause its obvious the majority of people in these movements, ideologies, isms, etc what ever da faq, are degenerates, like a beta cuck who can't understand women, or a fat dyke feminist with men... pointless obvious statements like x is x
 NewYorker58
Msg: 295
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2018 7:46:53 PM
Pardon me, I thought the mgtow wanted women that will cater to them with disregard for themselves, and not have to do anything for them. That's where the 3rd world women come in. I'm not concerned at all about the "wonderful" men they attract. They're certainly not my type. I have absolutely no problem having men to date. There's no shortage happening here. If I accepted every offer, I would be dating every day of the year.

You think men are put off, because I made a decent living? You would be wrong. They're looking for that. There's no man that's upset if his gf or wife has more money than him. I know guys that brag about how much their partners make. You don't seem to understand men very well☺

There was a point for me mentioning that I took care of my ex financially. You're wrong to say women are gold diggers. I don't care if you want to hold onto that opinion, enjoy☺

Finding a nice woman doesn't denote race or nationality. I've known and know nice ladies from the Philippines. They didn't come here to be a man's slave though, they have jobs and make great salaries.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 296
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2018 8:03:26 PM
People arguing about if men or women are better in this or that way...is like the cooks, waitresses, and dishwashers in a restaurant each claiming that their job is the most important, or that they are better at their job position than one from another position may be, or would be better in another position than one who's in that position...

...each position is vital, no matter how important yours is in it's particular way. And, a person performing a particular position might be able to do the others equally well...but it doesn't matter for squat. If you're at home alone, able to do your own cooking, waiting on yourself, and washing your own dishes, that's fine and dandy. But if you're working at a restaurant alongside others, you'll need to occupy a particular position at any given time and not believe that you're the most important, nor fixate on how much better you might happen to be than someone else in another position. It rarely matters for shit.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 297
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2018 4:14:03 PM
I could also claim all men are bad, because of some negative relationships, but I'm not going to condemn all men. I choose happiness☺ I'll leave you alone with your thoughts. It's obvious you want to let those women win and cause you to be alone. All I can say is, enjoy! 🌺🌼🌻🌹🌷
 NewYorker58
Msg: 298
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2018 4:37:30 PM
I'm happy for you! When you get married and have kids🍼, let me know. I'd like to send a 🎁 for the baby shower☔ You sound like you have a wonderful life waiting for you. You're a lucky man, cheers🍷
 APRILIKESWHITEROSES
Msg: 299
Posted: 4/15/2018 6:08:01 PM
MGTOW and WGTOW = Apocalypse
Extinction of humanity since nobody wants to make babies in a normal way. (Woman with man together.)..Sad world.!!
 basilisk123
Msg: 300
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2018 6:20:17 PM
^^^^^That is when everybody will be having sex with sexbots and babies will be coming out of test tubes. Sadly this will probably be in our lifetimes. I say about 20 years.
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Men Going Their Own Way (MGTOW)