Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Men Going Their Own Way (MGTOW)      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 301
view profile
History
Men Going Their Own Way (MGTOW)Page 13 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jae38H1_j-E
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 302
view profile
History
Men Going Their Own Way (MGTOW)
Posted: 4/24/2018 3:03:28 AM
The problem with MGTOW, no matter how laudable some of the tenets, is indicated by and begins with the name itself, just like with Feminism. Both shooting themselves in the foot. Any good that either accomplish is either an illusion, or outweighed by the damage they do.

And one good way to initially sort folks is by whether or not they formally identify with and support either movement...per it's formal name. That the person doesn't even see what's wrong with it on that fundamental level is a highly reliable litmus test as to whether or not they really understand the issues, have really examined them, and have the appropriate attitude or motivations/intentions such that they're productive towards the movement's alleged goals, among other things. More simply put...if you understood it properly and had the right motivations, you'd just do whatever you'd do and push for that, but you'd intentionally refuse to identify as Feminist or MGTOW; You'd publicly not-endorse it that way.

It tries to make it all way too militantly polarized too...and we have plenty of that.
 Kelley300698
Msg: 303
Posted: 4/24/2018 3:11:50 AM
I believe everyone knows, even if they deny it, the laws the schools, the workplace, and the courts greatly women. Therefore, some men mostly older or men that have gone through a divorce are going their own way. If it was really a movement, they laws would change. However, it is not a moment, it is only a small percent of and almost no young men. Other than the very attractive, almost all the young men I meet would love to marry me if I was willing.

Therefore, even though our society is set up to favor women over. It is not to an extent that it matters. That is because it has very little effect on most men. If it ever gets extreme, then young will choose not to marry and the laws would change because both men and women would demand it. However, it is far from extreme.
 basilisk123
Msg: 304
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2018 4:30:30 AM
What do people think about those Incel people? Do yall think they have anything to do with the MGTOW movement?
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 305
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2018 3:56:35 PM
incel: Had to google that. And I found out that all you have to do (perhaps?) is google it to decide pretty quickly that they're just the latest bunch of crap.
 basilisk123
Msg: 306
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2018 4:47:38 PM
The only way they are in the news is the guy who drove a van into a crowd. All these creepy groups popping up now a days is getting really hard to keep track of.
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 307
Posted: 4/30/2018 7:36:37 PM
Never mind the incel crap basilisk. He was in special needs learning in high school so mental illness would be a closer guess
 PopCultureGeek
Msg: 308
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2018 7:26:30 PM
better than having to deal with the burden of having to be the hunter
 NewYorker58
Msg: 309
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2018 5:37:12 PM
Pop, are you saying you'd rather remain celibate than ask a woman out?
 basilisk123
Msg: 310
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2018 11:27:51 PM
^^^ I think he wants to be the hunted.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 311
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2018 1:12:56 AM
I know he does from previous posts and says he doesn't like being the "hunter". It's a funny word to use. Maybe he's creating a stigma for himself. I've never heard a man complain about asking women out, except now in the forums. Could be he's naturally being weeded out from breeding for some reason.
 basilisk123
Msg: 312
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2018 1:54:25 AM
It is the low self confidence. That will kill a potential relationship like nothing else. Gaining confidence helps tremendously. He is not bad looking, is going to start a decent job soon, and goes out more than I do.
Why does anyone have to be the "predator" or "prey" anyways? Why can't they go talk to someone they find interesting? No expectations, and no pressure, just see what happens after that. Let it grow organically. Just a thought. I don't know if it will work in practice though lol.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 313
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2018 3:35:10 AM
Zipping to the thread topic title...I have a question.

This movement is called Men Going Their Own Way. I want to know what that's supposed to mean. I want to address the inherent self-sabotage of any laudable claims or tenets of this movement due to it's name. When men are "going their own way", which way exactly is that? Where are they going? And why are they going that way anyway?
 PopCultureGeek
Msg: 314
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2018 7:12:13 AM
yes, I've always hated and resented the gender role that guys have to be the initiators with a huge passion.
 halforhalfnot
Msg: 315
Posted: 5/9/2018 7:55:26 AM
Sounds like a guy who resents that he is expected to make a sandwich just cause he's hungry. Or has to go all the way to the bathroom when his bladder is full.

Why can't someone else do it?
 basilisk123
Msg: 316
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2018 12:26:11 PM
"This movement is called Men Going Their Own Way. I want to know what that's supposed to mean. I want to address the inherent self-sabotage of any laudable claims or tenets of this movement due to it's name. When men are "going their own way", which way exactly is that? Where are they going? And why are they going that way anyway? "-drinkthesunwithmyface

I had a friend who tried to get me into the movement. As I understand it, it is kind of like an anti-feminism movement. That was the gist of the explanation I think. Basically it is a group they formed because they were rejected by modern day women. I don't see the point of it. If you are stuck in a group where all they do is wallow in self pity and resentment, you are not allowing yourself to grow. It becomes a cancerous weight that drags you down.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 317
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2018 3:53:59 PM
Hayl, I'm anti feminism. Though very much FOR some of their claimed tenets. But I don't see that I got to "go some way". I'm already going "my own" way. But I don't need a anti feminist mgtow movement for that. I think it's a bit more than just anti feminist, and that's their problem.
 PopCultureGeek
Msg: 318
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2018 4:22:07 PM
well duh, what is the god damn logic behind why going for what you want, or going after what you want, is part of masculinity?
 Inicia
Msg: 319
Posted: 5/13/2018 5:53:59 AM
it is a humanity issue- to live life without regrets- man/woman do your thing: if you want to join a group join if not don't- it's your thing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Sv3sMYEzAA
S**T or get off the pot...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VOLkpRXKg4
 basilisk123
Msg: 320
view profile
History
Posted: 5/14/2018 12:10:59 AM
Sometimes you have no choice, but to live with regrets. There are points in your life where you are in a lose/lose situation.
 Inicia
Msg: 321
Posted: 5/14/2018 6:38:40 AM
If we base our idea of winning on others (response/action/reaction/behavior) definitely regrets-letting go of control over others and doing what we value in our soul/heart/person/character: that we remain integral with honesty to self-"regret" will not be found in us. Life is not a game of win lose et. al.-It is not a game IMO to believe such would leave one with much regret. Life is a gift/blessing!
 basilisk123
Msg: 322
view profile
History
Posted: 5/14/2018 10:22:44 AM
No, I base it on a real life situation I went through.
I often regret going to AZ for college. If I would have stayed my mother probably would not have had a severe mental breakdown that left her with the mind of a 10 year old. On the other hand, It could have been far worse if I stayed. Shit went down while I was away, and I could have made it worse by killing a man that hurt my family. I don't know which option would have been worse.
 Inicia
Msg: 323
Posted: 5/14/2018 6:37:16 PM
I get you have your regrets and the're real - and good luck- you have your life- as you do not know "what" WOULD HAVE BEEN "worse"-you made your decisions they are what they were- never going to find a time machine- i guess have your regrets while you live today-many people regret not going to college that is their pissy pot- and hope on the pot-i have no interest- i will cop to disappointment sure-but regrets nope- not doin it today or any day
 PopCultureGeek
Msg: 324
view profile
History
Posted: 5/15/2018 2:51:36 AM
this will sound controversial, but apparently there is some truth to it, even some dating coaches agree with it, however the ones who do agree, are all male, the statement is:

"A Man doesn't need to respect a Woman in order to feel attracted to her, but a Woman needs to respect a Man in order to feel attracted to him"
 Inicia
Msg: 325
Posted: 5/15/2018 6:40:09 AM
goes either way for both- just depends upon your end goal- piece-or life-I have been attracted too many I have little respect for-
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Men Going Their Own Way (MGTOW)