Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Men Going Their Own Way (MGTOW)      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Demidar
Msg: 26
Men Going Their Own Way (MGTOW)Page 2 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
So sorry , she didn't leave me , in fact she begged to stay , but I put her out to the curb where the rest of the garbage belongs . The fact that in the United states the marriage rate is the lowest it has ever been is proof that MGTOW is becoming a successful movement , properly educating the younger men of what awaits them at the end of marriage . Plus many younger men have actually witnessed older men get put through the grinder so it is no wonder they are backing away from those wedding vows , or should I say one sided contract that benefits men not at all .
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 27
Men Going Their Own Way (MGTOW)
Posted: 11/14/2014 5:40:27 PM
I watched a documentary last night on Living Solo. MANY of both genders are choosing to live solo. Many of theses "solo" folks were never married, many were divorced and a few widowed. All found life less complicated by living solo and NONE said they were doing it because they were shafted in marriage. So yes, it is a movement of sorts. So the "solo" movement would change the marriage/remarriage stats of old and another thing that would change the old stats is people choosing to live together and not remarry. I, for example, would not live with my fiancé as I didn't want to "disappoint" my parents...today I would live with a partner as I really don't care what my parents say now and attitudes on living together has changed over the years. Plus, I see no need to marry and I'm fine with a committed live together relationship. Also changing the stats on marriage is the younger, career orientated, upwardly mobile 30-something's are choosing not to have children and are marrying much later, if at all...both genders. I also think there are just as many divorced women out there going their own way because they don't want to keep a house, look after the kids, look after a man and keep a career going....been there/done that and exhausted. So they aren't looking for another man to "babysit" or nurse or cater to for the last 30 years of her life.

Another intersting portion of this documentary is group living...one bedroom condo complexes with communal kitchens, communal gardens, communal activities but solo living. Basically the 60 and up folks that want to share their lives without sharing their lives. I quite liked this sense of community as I'm a people person but enjoy my alone time/solo life. I liked this concept.

So there a various reasons for the marriages stats to be changing and it not because of the cranky old b@stards keep harping in the forums about the women who done him wrong. And yup, both genders are going their own way.
 Demidar
Msg: 28
Posted: 11/14/2014 6:34:03 PM
Or bob's ( urban dictionary ) for that matter
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 29
Posted: 11/14/2014 7:43:17 PM
Does it bother you that you are not the only one that is the "master of their domaine"? (Seinfeld)
 Demidar
Msg: 30
Posted: 11/15/2014 6:19:58 AM
Does it not bother you that in post after post all you do is use hardcore feminist shaming tactics .That really gets a bit trite . It is people like you that get me to be the way I am , basically my reaction to seeing your constant use of shaming tactics .
 Hamilton12345
Msg: 31
Posted: 11/15/2014 6:41:36 AM
Does it not bother you that in post after post all you do is use hardcore feminist shaming tactics .That really gets a bit trite . It is people like you that get me to be the way I am , basically my reaction to seeing your constant use of shaming tactics .

I went back and looked at your posting history and have the same question to ask you. Does it not bother you that your woman hating attitude comes through loud and clear in post after post after post. Not sure why you are on a dating site in the first place when you obviously have such a deep distaste for the opposite sex.

I always knew there were men in the world who felt this way, but didn't realize quite how many bitter bros there were in the world until I started reading these forums.

Yes marriage numbers are dropping and not just because men are not interested, women also don't care nearly as much, but again as I said earlier, from what I have seen around me, the "men going their own way" are the douches who no one is interested in.

One final thought on the matter, if a portion of the male population wants to go their own way, I say let them go!
 Demidar
Msg: 32
Posted: 11/15/2014 7:02:08 AM
Federal statistics show that while at the same time the % of men wanting to get married is going down , the % for women who want to get married is going up . Maybe you should bring info to a discussion instead of your feelings. When I see male bashing in almost every thread , how should I react , by being nice ?
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 33
Posted: 11/15/2014 7:21:31 AM
Why is it that if a woman has a friggin opinion we are deemed "feminists" . I see just as much female bashing as male bashing on the forums...the old women do this and that followed by men do this and that...repeat. And every time you come up with the "feminist" thing I want to ask - do you have the small man complex or the small penis complex? But I don't.

I like men, I had a good marriage until death, I had two sons, I have 3 grandsons. Idmlovento have another man in my life until death. I think most women on here feel the same way. But it isn't the 50's anymore; we want an equal relationship (which, by the way, benefits BOTH in a relationship). I like the fact that my younger female friends have spouses that give almost as much to the child rearing, cooking and the marriage as they do. Please note, I said almost. This AIDS in a healthy family life, healthy relationship and eases the burden in households where both work hard outside the home. In many ways "today's " husbands are much better than the guys in marriages that started when I got married.
 Hamilton12345
Msg: 34
Posted: 11/15/2014 9:37:23 AM
Federal statistics show that while at the same time the % of men wanting to get married is going down , the % for women who want to get married is going up . Maybe you should bring info to a discussion instead of your feelings. When I see male bashing in almost every thread , how should I react , by being nice

Hey Demidar, do want to show us where you got those stats from? I can't seem to find them anywhere. The only stats I could find were from a PEW Research Study which showed that when in comes to second marriages,

There are definite gender differences on this question: Most currently divorced or widowed men are open to the idea of remarriage, but women in the same circumstances are less likely to be open to the idea. Among previously married men, 65% either want to remarry or are not sure; 30% say that they don’t want to remarry. Among women who are currently divorced or widowed, only 43% say they may want to remarry, while 54% say they are not interested.

The gender gap in attitudes mirrors a gap in remarriage patterns: Among previously married adults, men are more likely than women to have remarried. Fully 64% of divorced or widowed men have remarried, compared with 52% of previously married women. However, this gender gap has narrowed over time because men are now less likely to remarry than in the past, while women are more likely to do so. In 1960, 70% of previously married men had remarried, compared with 48% of previously married women.

With this information, I officially call BS on your statement. Men don't want to get married or remarried my azz! Looks more like it is women who are not interested. In fact I call BS on the whole movement, it is merely the ranting of the bitter bros and mama's boys who no one wants.

and let's add the following into the mix.

http://www.yourtango.com/2012161366/men-and-commitment#.VGeN4vnF_oE

Wow, 25% of men surveyed married someone they didn't love, just to get married! And the top two reasons for this? Someone to cook for them and someone to do their laundry. My, my the more things change, the more they stay the same. So much for A) men not wanting to get married. B) Equality. C) Women being princesses.

So I stand by my original statement, the MGTOWs are the douches who no one wants, let them go their own way.

Dee4166
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 11/15/2014 3:22:47 PM
One question/observation....

Since when did "feminist" become a dirty word for BOTH genders?

I AM a feminist and that does NOT mean that I hate men or don't want one as a partner....

ArticLife
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 11/15/2014 3:33:19 PM
Hamilton, you're calling everyone within a movement, all of which you don't know, "unwanted douches". And you think they're the rude and inconsiderate ones? It amazes me how easy some people are to get upset and start going on a tirade against another person or group. When did civility go out of the window?

More likely, the idea that men might not want to be ruled and controlled by women anymore scares you. I guess I don't blame you, you have a nice status quo going on now.

Feminism isn't a dirty word, it's an irrelevant word since there isn't anything to be a feminist about. You hold all the cards, in every category.
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 37
Posted: 11/15/2014 3:40:33 PM
^^^ You're 24. Come talk to me when you're 44 or 54. Right now you have no experience to draw from and no argument. And I'm being polite.
 aremeself
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 11/15/2014 5:36:06 PM
'All' feminists are fair weather feminists.
OK,
There might be a few exceptions, where are you?
 ArticLife
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 11/15/2014 7:11:46 PM
To attack the character and standing of the one who makes an argument, instead of the argument itself, is called an Ad Hominem. You should look it up.
 aremeself
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 11/15/2014 7:29:43 PM
Oh, its done to me in almost every message to me on pof.
But,
I have never met a woman who naturally paid her own way every time.
I'm sure they exist.
Feminism is a weird and realitively new thing.
Its also hard for some men to not treat women special.
 Hamilton12345
Msg: 41
Posted: 11/15/2014 8:21:40 PM
Hamilton, you're calling everyone within a movement, all of which you don't know, "unwanted douches". And you think they're the rude and inconsiderate ones? It amazes me how easy some people are to get upset and start going on a tirade against another person or group. When did civility go out of the window?

Where did I call anyone rude and inconsiderate? And where did I get upset and go on a tirade? Not seeing it.

More likely, the idea that men might not want to be ruled and controlled by women anymore scares you. I guess I don't blame you, you have a nice status quo going on now.

The point of what I posted is that men aren't going their own way. They are getting married, they are the ones who want to get married. The studies show that. Not sure what you think I am scared of. I am financially independent and more than capable of taking care of myself. I have more than enough responsibility at my job and have no desire to to rule or control anyone. Despite all my shortcomings as a woman and (i guess) feminist, I have managed to maintain a relationship with an awesome guy who also isn't interested in "goin his own way".

Feminism isn't a dirty word, it's an irrelevant word since there isn't anything to be a feminist about. You hold all the cards, in every category.

Have you taken the time to digest anything that others have written? At this point, it appears to me that you discount anything that goes against your preconceived ideas. How about you ask the woman around you have they feel, you might be in for a big surprise.

Hamilton12345
Msg: 42
Posted: 11/15/2014 8:22:01 PM
Duplicate post
 ArticLife
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 11/15/2014 9:39:27 PM

Where did I call anyone rude and inconsiderate? And where did I get upset and go on a tirade? Not seeing it.

In fact I call BS on the whole movement, it is merely the ranting of the bitter bros and mama's boys who no one wants.

You didn't call anyone rude, you were rude.

The point of what I posted is that men aren't going their own way. They are getting married, they are the ones who want to get married. The studies show that. Not sure what you think I am scared of. I am financially independent and more than capable of taking care of myself. I have more than enough responsibility at my job and have no desire to to rule or control anyone. Despite all my shortcomings as a woman and (i guess) feminist, I have managed to maintain a relationship with an awesome guy who also isn't interested in "goin his own way".

Oh, I'm not saying that the majority of men are waking up to the realities of how they're treated. They still fall into the traps of kids and marriage, it's hard to go against your basic biological urges after all. Some of them find girls who genuinely believe in being equal with them in all affairs, and in those cases they are very lucky and I'd wager rather happy.

You're scared that more men will eventually decide to leave marriage behind and demand relationships and accords that are actually equal. Perhaps not you so much, I don't really know you, but women in general don't like the idea of MGTOW. They find it offensive, which I find funny.

Have you taken the time to digest anything that others have written? At this point, it appears to me that you discount anything that goes against your preconceived ideas. How about you ask the woman around you have they feel, you might be in for a big surprise.

Which things are you referring to? I do my best to read everything people say, and I haven't read anything that leads me to believe that feminism has a valid cause anymore. It most certainly did 50 years ago. Today? I really don't see it. But I don't hate feminists, I won't insult them or call them petty names. I just think of it as irrelevant. I don't get it.
 Hamilton12345
Msg: 44
Posted: 11/16/2014 6:34:52 AM
You didn't call anyone rude, you were rude

But that is not what you wrote. You wrote the following:

And you think they're the rude and inconsiderate ones?

Not once did I say that, I said they were the douches that nobody wants, you can call that rude if you want,but as I have written more than once, the MGTOW that I have seen or have any experience are the ones no one else wants. So they announce that they are going there own way. My question is ; how is that any different than now? They are not dating, they have opted out of real jobs to sit in their parents basements and play video games after their part-time shifts flipping burgers at the local fast food joint . So let them go their own way.

Oh, I'm not saying that the majority of men are waking up to the realities of how they're treated. They still fall into the traps of kids and marriage, it's hard to go against your basic biological urges after all. Some of them find girls who genuinely believe in being equal with them in all affairs, and in those cases they are very lucky and I'd wager rather happy.

Now you see, this is an incredibly skewed prospective of the world. You and a very few other men have decided that marriage and kids are a trap so therefore it must be so for everyone. Ask a man after he has held his child for the first time if he feels trapped. Ask the dad playing in the yard with his child if he feels trapped. As the man watching his kid walk across the stage at graduation from high school, college or university if he has any regrets. Ask the man walking his daughter down the aisle if he wishes he had never had kids. I think you are going to find out that the vast majority of these men would think you are crazy to suggest that they shouldn't have had kids. Regardless of how the marriage turned out, I don't know of a single man who wishes he hadn't entered that relationship and had the kids.

You're scared that more men will eventually decide to leave marriage behind and demand relationships and accords that are actually equal. Perhaps not you so much, I don't really know you, but women in general don't like the idea of MGTOW. They find it offensive, which I find funny

Women in general, probably haven't even given MGTOW a second thought, because, as I keep saying over and over, the ones joining are the ones no one wants anyway. If they do find it offensive, it is because of the misogynistic crap that these groups spout.

Sure there are places where men are not getting a fair deal, sure sometimes men do really get screwed in divorce. But so do woman. The men are whining that they have had a share of their income taken by the greedy b^^ches, that the child support is being spent not on the children but on the women themselves. Been there, had those accusations thrown against me. Apparently when you are a woman receiving child support, you not allowed to have or do anything because it was always his money spent on those things not yours. When a marriage ends, it is the custodial parent who most often ends up living in poverty. Why? Because of the time that needs to spent with the children is time that can't be spent on the career. Men want more of a chance at that? Go for it. At that point I am sure we will hear a new round of whining about how it is not fair.

Are the courts often in unfair in matters of custody? Absolutely. The courts still see children staying with their mother as in the best interest of the child so men are fighting an uphill battle when they are trying to get custody. But let's also look at the other side of this. If a couple agrees that it is best for dad to have custody, mom immediately becomes an unfit parent in the eyes of society. So that also needs to be addressed.

Society is not perfect and there are issues that need to be addressed for both men and women, only looking at one side, helps no one. Discounting women's issues as irrelevant doesn't not change what women face in North American society just as discounting what men face does not change them.

So in the end, men's rights group and separation groups etc, want society to acknowledge their struggles as unjust and make changes but they refuse to acknowledge women's struggles in society. Do you see where the problem is?
 ladyc4
Msg: 45
Posted: 11/16/2014 9:48:14 AM
You're scared that more men will eventually decide to leave marriage behind and demand relationships and accords that are actually equal.
Son, that is EXACTLY what I am looking for. I don't particularly want to get married, don't particularly want to live with a man. But I'm not lookking to be some man's secret boinkhole either.
And men just cannot seem to COMPREND why I'm not peeing my pants to kiss a guys ass and get married ASAP.
I'm too "independent".

Science proves that men going their own way don't really go anywhere. They just sit around complaining ad nauseam about the terrible women they claim to have left behind, while despising feminists for actually practicing what MGTOW preaches flaccidly. MGTOW is the internet version of erectile dysfunction.

Most people, of both genders,who truly embrace a philosophy do not have to join groups and bang some big drum about it-they just get on with their lives.

as I have written more than once, the MGTOW that I have seen or have any experience are the ones no one else wants.

Unfortunately I have to report that this has also been my observation and experience.

My opinion of MGTOW?
Men Pouting Because Things Didn't Go Their Way.
Cindy O
 forums1
Msg: 46
Posted: 11/16/2014 2:46:39 PM
Most people, of both genders,who truly embrace a philosophy do not have to join groups and bang some big drum about it-they just get on with their lives.

Very true. A lot of relationships just weren't meant to be, or are unhealthy or lopsided, if you choose to stay in it rather than leave isn't that more *your* fault then theirs? I'm single (and have been for a long time now, with a few dates/meets off here but nothing that really worked out), nothing to whine about - I like it in a lot of ways, can do what I want when I want without feeling 'tied down' to anyone else. Not that I'm against marriage (with the right person, if I ever meet them), nor am I seeking it "for the sake of being married" (pretty stupid), nor is it anyone's "fault" but perhaps my own for being fairly set in my ways at this age. It is what it is.

I wonder about any "philosophy" that means carrying a big chip on your shoulder against another (or an entire gender). That's not a philosophy, it's a resentment. Resentments aren't very healthy in the long run (I say in the long run because face it, who after a breakup hasn't perhaps harbored a bit of a resentment/hurt for a short time - human nature I think to feeling hurt or betrayed - it's getting *past* that and moving on that makes us 'fully functional' human beings). I question that someone who's "philosophy" is blaming the other gender for all their woes is really taking a good hard look at *themselves*. But c'est la vie, it is what it is I guess. I have to wonder, myself, why anyone who feels so "anti-women" is on a dating site at all... go forth, be yourself, as long as you're happy with your life then there should be nothing to complain/gripe about, right? If you're griping about women and spouting about MGTOW, quit griping and just *do it*, embrace it, do your own thing and enjoy it. All griping about it is saying, it seems to me, is that you *don't* like it, you aren't enjoying your "going you own way" life, and your "solution" is that "they" need to change. Guess what - tough cookies - there's all kinds of people out there and not all of them are right for you. Maybe for you nobody is, so be it, learn to be happy with being yourself ("going your own way") then. *That* is nobody's fault but your own if you can't accept it.
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 47
Posted: 11/16/2014 2:59:45 PM
^^^. Bravo...followed by applause. Very well said.
 ArticLife
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 11/16/2014 4:25:17 PM

Not once did I say that, I said they were the douches that nobody wants, you can call that rude if you want,but as I have written more than once, the MGTOW that I have seen or have any experience are the ones no one else wants. So they announce that they are going there own way. My question is ; how is that any different than now? They are not dating, they have opted out of real jobs to sit in their parents basements and play video games after their part-time shifts flipping burgers at the local fast food joint . So let them go their own way.

That's a gross and inaccurate generalization. People who are unable to obtain women rarely seek out a movement. They isolate themselves, they don't go their own way. MGTOW isn't about isolating yourself or never being with women. Plenty of MGTOW still date girls, they just don't marry them or have kids with them, and usually avoid long-term relationships because they feel the cost to benefit ratio is skewed against them.

I could call feminists just a bunch of ugly girls who can't get men and are bitter about it, but that would be a gross and inaccurate generalization and I know this. It would be nothing more than a petty jab, and I don't do that.

Now you see, this is an incredibly skewed prospective of the world. You and a very few other men have decided that marriage and kids are a trap so therefore it must be so for everyone. Ask a man after he has held his child for the first time if he feels trapped. Ask the dad playing in the yard with his child if he feels trapped. As the man watching his kid walk across the stage at graduation from high school, college or university if he has any regrets. Ask the man walking his daughter down the aisle if he wishes he had never had kids. I think you are going to find out that the vast majority of these men would think you are crazy to suggest that they shouldn't have had kids. Regardless of how the marriage turned out, I don't know of a single man who wishes he hadn't entered that relationship and had the kids.

You misunderstand. The trap is not that you're stuck with the kid, the trap is that through marriage and kids, whatever women you're with now owns you through the state, can extract all the wealth she wants from you, and can almost certainly take the kid from you.

Plenty of MGTOW want kids and have them on their own.

Women in general, probably haven't even given MGTOW a second thought, because, as I keep saying over and over, the ones joining are the ones no one wants anyway. If they do find it offensive, it is because of the misogynistic crap that these groups spout.

You could think of MGTOW as a movement, but it's not really that. It's more about action. Plenty of men are MGTOW, but they don't realize it. They are so merely in their actions of avoiding the traps set for them.

What misogynistic crap are you referring to? The only thing I've hear them say is in referring to gender roles and biology (of both genders) as well as the legal pitfalls that face men.

Sure there are places where men are not getting a fair deal, sure sometimes men do really get screwed in divorce. But so do woman. The men are whining that they have had a share of their income taken by the greedy b^^ches, that the child support is being spent not on the children but on the women themselves. Been there, had those accusations thrown against me. Apparently when you are a woman receiving child support, you not allowed to have or do anything because it was always his money spent on those things not yours. When a marriage ends, it is the custodial parent who most often ends up living in poverty. Why? Because of the time that needs to spent with the children is time that can't be spent on the career. Men want more of a chance at that? Go for it. At that point I am sure we will hear a new round of whining about how it is not fair.

Depends on how much you're getting. Child support should be the required amount for food and some clothing. If the women who obtains the kid can't even afford to rent her own place, she shouldn't be getting custody. Men are often more suited financially to take care of the kid, but they rarely get custody. It's heavily, heavily skewed in favor of women. Same deal with alimony. Men typically make more than women do (kids or not) and thus end up having to divide up their assets in divorce unfairly, and even continue to pay their wife because she was "accustomed" to a certain lifestyle. Such utter absurdity can't be ignored or brushed aside..

Are the courts often in unfair in matters of custody? Absolutely. The courts still see children staying with their mother as in the best interest of the child so men are fighting an uphill battle when they are trying to get custody. But let's also look at the other side of this. If a couple agrees that it is best for dad to have custody, mom immediately becomes an unfit parent in the eyes of society. So that also needs to be addressed.

I'm glad we can agree on this.

Society is not perfect and there are issues that need to be addressed for both men and women, only looking at one side, helps no one. Discounting women's issues as irrelevant doesn't not change what women face in North American society just as discounting what men face does not change them.

So in the end, men's rights group and separation groups etc, want society to acknowledge their struggles as unjust and make changes but they refuse to acknowledge women's struggles in society. Do you see where the problem is?

I am not discounting women's issues. I do not see any. Seriously, what are these issues? There is no wage gap. You can work anywhere you want, do anything you want, drive, vote, you have the same legal rights (with a divorce and family court skewed to your favor)... you have the upper hand in relationships, you're treated "equal" but still have the men do the planning and paying for dinner and initial interaction.

No, life isn't horrible for men, our "issues" are not major. I don't personally think we really need a movement. But I do see that things are tilted against us a bit, and I don't think that's right that somehow when the scales are slightly against us, women are still clamoring on as if the scales are against them.
 Hamilton12345
Msg: 49
Posted: 11/16/2014 5:39:40 PM
What misogynistic crap are you referring to? The only thing I've hear them say is in referring to gender roles and biology (of both genders) as well as the legal pitfalls that face men.

Now Artic i am surprised that you haven't figure out by now that I don't post things without back up;

http://www.mgtowhq.com/viewforum.php?f=2

Let's go take a short wander through this forum shall we.

Don't we pay for **** if not directly but indirectly?

Directly: dates, hookers, complements.

Indirectly: looking at them, taxe

It is an ugly, disturbing truth.. human nature, watching men constantly try to impose their pecking order on each other, while complaining about all the drama they are drowning in due to the women in their life.. while at the same time, watching women essentially have it all.. sneaking around pregnant ****ing thugs while using "caring" men for all they're worth. Disgusting, but it brings me peace of mind being able to recognize it exactly for what it is now

The name of Evidence of Decline might be changed to "Twats Gonna Twat", but, same thing. If she cuts the baby out of the mother and runs away with it, throws the baby out a window, posts a video of her teaching her 4 year old son how to smoke crack, etc etc etc, all that happy shit goes there, lol

I think that is quite enough on that considering those were the first 3 thread.

Hmm i wonder what the misogynistic crap is that i am talking about.

Depends on how much you're getting. Child support should be the required amount for food and some clothing. If the women who obtains the kid can't even afford to rent her own place, she shouldn't be getting custody.

So if the couple decided that the woman should stay home and raise the kids, if the marriage ends she should get nothing? Child support is based on income, there are tables that are set out by the federal government outlining how much child support is paid. Trust me it is not all the much, in most cases, it doesn't cover anywhere near half the costs of raising a child. As for your rent comment, a single person can live in a bachelor apartment, can't do that with kids, so even rent is considerably higher.
And by the way, child support should be half of what it costs to raise the child, which includes food, clothing, medical costs, extracurricular activities, dental bills, etc. Not just food and few clothes.

Men are often more suited financially to take care of the kid, but they rarely get custody.

Now you are making it all about money and that is not always the case, sure men are often more suited financially to take of the children, however, there is more to raising a child than money.

Same deal with alimony. Men typically make more than women do (kids or not) and thus end up having to divide up their assets in divorce unfairly, and even continue to pay their wife because she was "accustomed" to a certain lifestyle.

Wait a minute! You have already stated that there is no wage gap! make up your mind. And when you get married, everything that is acquired during the marriage is deemed to be the labours of both partners. I am willing to bet that while he put more money into things, she probably put a lot more sweat equity into the assets. Again, you live in Canada and there are laws around alimony, doesn't get awarded all that often and only for short periods of time.

And again the arrogance of youth, or as I stated earlier, middle class white privilege. You do not see any issues because you are not a woman and you refuse to look at anything that does not fit into you little idea of how the world works. Step out into the real world for a while and gain a little better understanding.

But I do see that things are tilted against us a bit, and I don't think that's right that somehow when the scales are slightly against us, women are still clamoring on as if the scales are against them.

Wow, you really don't get it, do you? There are imbalances both ways and until that is acknowledged nothing is going to change.
 ArticLife
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 11/16/2014 6:55:57 PM

I think that is quite enough on that considering those were the first 3 thread.

Hmm i wonder what the misogynistic crap is that i am talking about.

Those were comments by people though. It's not what MGTOW is about. The principles of MGTOW aren't misogynistic, even though some people who are part of it are.

So if the couple decided that the woman should stay home and raise the kids, if the marriage ends she should get nothing? Child support is based on income, there are tables that are set out by the federal government outlining how much child support is paid. Trust me it is not all the much, in most cases, it doesn't cover anywhere near half the costs of raising a child. As for your rent comment, a single person can live in a bachelor apartment, can't do that with kids, so even rent is considerably higher.
And by the way, child support should be half of what it costs to raise the child, which includes food, clothing, medical costs, extracurricular activities, dental bills, etc. Not just food and few clothes.

Exactly, it shouldn't be based on the man's income. It's income to support the child, not the wife's accustomed lifestyle. She isn't with him anymore, she shouldn't get the benefits and perks that come with being with him. He doesn't get the perks of being with her. The only thing the man must do, morally, is help to take care of his kid. Not her.

Half of all costs directly related to the child, yes I can agree with that.

Now you are making it all about money and that is not always the case, sure men are often more suited financially to take of the children, however, there is more to raising a child than money.

Of course. I didn't mean to make it sound like money is the only factor, it definitely is not. But it's still a rather important factor. Women typically bring a kind, nurturing hand, and men bring the more strict discipline. Also, who bonds with who is a real question too. I didn't really get along with my mom when I was 12 and my parents split up, I told her that I felt better around my dad (we just had more in common). Fortunately my mom never involved the state. They parted amicably and my desires were considered and weighed.

Wait a minute! You have already stated that there is no wage gap! make up your mind. And when you get married, everything that is acquired during the marriage is deemed to be the labours of both partners. I am willing to bet that while he put more money into things, she probably put a lot more sweat equity into the assets. Again, you live in Canada and there are laws around alimony, doesn't get awarded all that often and only for short periods of time.

And again the arrogance of youth, or as I stated earlier, middle class white privilege. You do not see any issues because you are not a woman and you refuse to look at anything that does not fit into you little idea of how the world works. Step out into the real world for a while and gain a little better understanding.

There is a wage gap in the aggregate. The sum total of all jobs worked by women compared to men, is tilted in favor of men. But that is because of many factors, all of which are the choices that men and women make. It's not discrimination, so there is no real wage gap. If you as a women want to make as much as a man does, do the same things the man would do and you'll earn the same.

You can't be equal in results without putting in equal effort and pursing the higher yielding jobs and ventures.

You want to see the hell of Alimony?

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-08-26/jail-becomes-home-for-husband-stuck-with-lifetime-alimony.html

Now, to be fair, that is in the US. It's not as bad here in Canada, so that's wonderful. Let's hope it stays that way.

But yes, men typically earn more (By choice) which is why marriage is a terrible idea. Seriously. If you love someone, be with them. What the hell is the point of signing a legal agreement that instantaneously transfers a portion of your income to her, if you make more than she does?

Here is equal. You keep what you earn, I keep what I earn, we share what we decide is fair. That's equal.
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Men Going Their Own Way (MGTOW)