Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 VikingHoosier
Msg: 637
When women say there are no decent guys is what they really mean...Page 25 of 30    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30)

A massive portion of us men are complete, utter garbage, and we are trending towards garbage.

Speak for yourself.

A college degree isn't worth the paper on which it's printed, so not having one doesn't make someone "garbage". Kudos to the real men who join the real world instead of hiding in the ivory tower for 4+ years. Going by your "reasoning", any man who joins the military as soon as they graduate from high school is garbage because they didn't go to college.

It's often blaming the victim to say someone is garbage if they don't have a job. A high percentage of men had their jobs/careers taken in the "mancession". Over 30% of men in the prime working age 25-50 have no job whatsoever (they don't show up in "unemployment" because that's just people who had jobs who rake in fat checks for doing nothing), and many others are underemployed. Even before that, many men had their industries given to foreigners. (My solution is for men to join the "pink collar" industries: education, law, medicine). According to you, all homeless, jobless veterans are garbage (veterans are much more likely to be homeless/jobless than people who didn't serve). Once again, you're spitting on vets.

Not signing up to murder little brown babies on the other side of the world to increase profits for oil corporations doesn't make someone "garbage". Not raping 10 year old children in Okinawa doesn't make someone "garbage". Prior to 1975, most men were drafted, and it could be argued Gen-X veteran men joined out of a "poverty draft", but modern "veterans" are under no obligation to join the military. It's easy to find the truth about the military and to hear "dissatisfied customer" testimonials from vets who aren't mindless jackboots, so we know not to enlist. Numerous veterans have posted on here about their inability to get a date, how women avoid them upon finding out they served, indicating veterans are less desirable, another reason it's nonsense for you to say it's better to be a vet.

I don't like millennials, the main reason being they DO go to college for free by not paying student loans. My tax dollars pay for their student loans and to compensate the banks who don't get repaid by millennial scum. They ARE given jobs, and are insubordinate and unreliable.
 CynthiaSM
Msg: 638
When women say there are no decent guys is what they really mean...
Posted: 11/30/2016 6:59:40 AM
^^Such a sad little man.
 basilisk123
Msg: 639
view profile
History
When women say there are no decentguys is what they really mean...
Posted: 11/30/2016 7:04:36 AM
VikingHoosier, I am from the first year of millennial generation. I take exception to what you say about us. I personally work hard to pay for my college and go to school so I can have a life. You think we are given jobs!? Really? I was unemployed for 2 ****ing years between 2007-2009. No one wanted to hire me, and the stress of that caused an emotional breakdown. I am not bitter about that time, nor about currently even though I am under-employed, and struggle to pay my bills and tuition. I think you should let your bitterness go too bro, it isn't healthy. You have no right to judge people you don't know.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 640
view profile
History
Posted: 11/30/2016 8:01:27 AM
http://college-education.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=005532

Part of the reason millenials are not getting education and jobs is because they've been priced out of existence - by older generations who are hoarding wealth. I'm tired of all the whining going on about money and progress- and it gets REALLY bad in election years -- when the brutal truth is that a lot of what we deem as 'progress' through the decades has been nothing more than borrowed credit against the next generation. We decided the gold standard can replace credit, we decided social security dollars could be gambled in the stock market and a billion other places, we messed with our financial system a thousand times over to get people to borrow, borrow, borrow against the future. We've damaged and consumed a ridiculous amount of natural resources, polluted the air (global warming or whatever - it's still pollution), and made water barely drinkable in our crumbling infrastructure. We've medicated ourselves unnecessarily over and over and over again and drove costs through the roof, and we've made middle-class income a joke to the point where even two full-time employed parents can't pay the bills.

Baby boomers HAVE to share a lot of this pain - because their votes made a lot of this stuff happen - but we all have greed in our DNA - to die with the most toys and friends and whatever. But picking out single details as the reason why people of a certain generation are f*cked up is a lot like reading through a dating profile in here and deciding the 'Height in Heels' marker is the only thing that matters. It's stupid, juvenile, and shows a serious lack of insight -- and it's mostly done that way because we our terrified to try ANYTHING new outside our comfort zone. Blaming each other for faults is NOT acceptance of our role in it.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 641
view profile
History
Posted: 11/30/2016 9:13:49 AM

We decided the gold standard can replace credit,

We decided the gold standard can be replaced BY credit....

sorry, typo
 matthew832016
Msg: 642
Posted: 11/30/2016 2:10:22 PM
So many are quick to blame other generations. Therein lies another problem... the self-imposed decision that all fault belongs to everyone except the narcissistic Millennial male.

We do have a voluntary service military; however, the decline in volunteers speaks for the selfish behavior of our generation over the choice of selfless behavior.
 basilisk123
Msg: 643
view profile
History
Posted: 11/30/2016 3:18:49 PM
We love you too matthew, smooches.
:P
 rockstartrucker82
Msg: 645
view profile
History
Posted: 12/2/2016 7:42:33 PM
Or the decline in service is the refusal to want to go to war over oil? At one time, you joined the military to defend this country... Today, it's to be a pawn in business politics.
 Nestaron
Msg: 646
Posted: 12/28/2016 11:56:25 PM
What the mean when they say there are no decent guys is

Trying to make oneself more appealing by insulting others.
Failure to admit mistakes, when a mistake is made man up correct the mistake, or let it play out but admit it.
Dont put the blame on others you are responsible for you dont point fingers.
If you want something do what it takes to achieve it dont sit there and expect it to come to you.
Treat everyone around you as you wish to be treated.
Be friendly with everyone be polite, courteous, go out of your way to help others if you can.
Appreciate your life those in it and the things you have dont take them for granted.
Take care of yourself and those around you love them care for them protect them.

Basically I look at it just be a man but I dont actually know for sure as I am not a woman, I just do as I was taught.
 Nestaron
Msg: 647
Posted: 12/28/2016 11:58:16 PM
What the mean when they say there are no decent guys is

Trying to make oneself more appealing not by insulting others.
Failure to admit mistakes, when a mistake is made man up correct the mistake, or let it play out but admit it.
Dont put the blame on others you are responsible for you dont point fingers.
If you want something do what it takes to achieve it dont sit there and expect it to come to you.
Treat everyone around you as you wish to be treated.
Be friendly with everyone be polite, courteous, go out of your way to help others if you can.
Appreciate your life those in it and the things you have dont take them for granted.
Take care of yourself and those around you love them care for them protect them.

Basically I look at it just be a man but I dont actually know for sure as I am not a woman, I just do as I was taught.
 AngryGroceries17
Msg: 649
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2017 6:42:03 AM
M_church. Just anothe classic case of hypergamy in action. Think more and more men are waking up though.
 Maleman999
Msg: 650
Posted: 2/15/2017 7:52:47 AM

And the moral of the story is, even when a woman finds a decent guy, it's still not good enough.

The guy probably made the fatal mistake of letting a day go by without making her laugh, since so many women put that near the top of their "must have/must do" list. The only way to save the relationship is if the guy immediately enrolls in clown school and gets coached by a professional comedian, and he must come up with fresh material and a new act every day so that she doesn't get bored, and it must make her laugh. It helps if he wears a court jester outfit.
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 651
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2017 10:32:49 AM

I think I want to break up with my partner of six years, but I’m unsure whether it’s the right decision. I don’t even know how to break up (I’ve always been the one that gets dumped) without hurting his feelings.
He might know it’s coming, as we haven’t been the same for a while. We just don’t have that same connection anymore.
We’ve owned a house together (though it’s all in his name) for a year, but we’re not living in it, as it’s more of a project.
He’s an amazing man and has always treated me well. He’s good looking, earns a really good wage, is thoughtful and caring, which is why I’m so scared to leave.
What if I never find anyone as amazing again? Also, the thought of someone else having what I could have with him terrifies me.
I still want to be a part of his life — his family is like mine too, but I’m worried that everyone will disown me and the breakup will be final.
My sister and a close friend just think I’m being silly. Yet I’m just not happy right now, feeling sick and worried daily.

I'd be interested to know how old this woman was, and also what advice she was given.
 basilisk123
Msg: 652
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2017 11:14:54 AM
It sounds like someone is subconsciously afraid of happiness. I recommend therapy or marriage counseling to get to the real issue here.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 653
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2017 7:20:58 PM
...is that they had one at one time, but they decided to try to find another one. They got bored with the one they had.

I have a hard time with the title of this thread. My ex thought I was decent. So did her friends. Her mother. A couple of my old girlfriends wished they hadn't broke it off with me. Some lady friends of mine, think of me as a good guy. Yet, I remain solo.

Were they lying to me? Since I treated them with the same respect I treated my mom with, I'd say that at least a few did believe that. Since I have no way to covey those feelings to any new lady I may meet, in words on here, then I'm pretty much dateless. I'm not big on begging. Nor will I play the sympathy card. There's just whole bunch of women out in the world that just won't give a guy a chance to prove his worth.

Not that I'm surprised about it. Kinda reminds me of little children, and food. "It looks Icky! I don't even want to taste it!" I highly doubt that there's an adult in this world that hasn't seen that happen. I just decided to apply that to women. It fits most of them to a T.

So don't try it. Just sit back and wonder if you missed something.
 cooldog65
Msg: 654
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2017 7:35:56 PM
I wonder if the bad ones of each gender are making it that more difficult for the decent ones.
 Dragracer428
Msg: 656
Posted: 2/16/2017 4:06:46 AM

I wonder if the bad ones of each gender are making it that more difficult for the decent ones.

Absolutely, just have to read the horror stories about dating on these forums. No wonder people are hesitant and want to be sure before they meet someone. Also why a single red flag will lead to blocking, not worth the risk.

Have to agree with Maleman that dating on POF has gotten harder as the years go by. But a good attitude, some patience will still get even a guy like me some dates. LOL
 ebolakitty
Msg: 657
Posted: 2/16/2017 11:58:13 PM

The problem is that the overwhelming majority of people on dating sites are the "bad ones". The so-called "decent ones" are grossly out of step with reality and can't come to grips with how the world has changed. The bare fact of the matter is that there is no longer any natural basis for a relationship. A long term relationship is an impediment to the well being of average men and women. Only the continuous drum beat of the tradcons and the profit driven deception of Madison Avenue keeps the ridiculous notion of relationships alive.

In the old days, relationships developed as a cooperative division of labor based upon common goals. In the 21st century, there is no need for a division of labor; there are no common goals. This is best demonstrated by the coffee shop feminist mantra, "I don't need a man but I want a man". They don't need a man. That is absolutely true. They want a man. That is true too but it's not about their lives being better with one. They want a man only because they have been told that they want one.

Women routinely reject men that their great grandmothers would have grabbed in an instant. Great grand mother needed a man that could deliver the goods. Women, today, get the goods by other means. They don't need men. The incentive must go above and beyond "normal" to make it worth attaching themselves to an abuser. It usually doesn't.

As to men, they used to need a woman that could keep the home fires burning. Nowadays, a vacuum cleaner does a better job in 10 minutes than a woman beating the rugs for three hours. What a woman could cook in 6 hours can come from a microwave in 6 minutes. Every man that has been in the military knows how to clean, make a bed and fold clothes.

Then there is the children canard. In the days of family farms and family businesses, children were an asset. Because of the welfare state, children are still an asset to women but getting less and less so every day. To men though, especially corporate drones and manual laborers, children are a severe liability.

The average man cannot improve the life of the average single mother in any meaningful way. She passes on Joe Average. As soon as a man has secured some pvssy, a woman has nothing more to offer him. He disappears as soon as another source of easy poon makes itself available. Seeking a relationship requires the same level of gullibility as wiring money to a billionaire stranded in Nigeria. A sucker is born every minute so the relationship hustle will last a while more.
 Maleman999
Msg: 658
Posted: 2/17/2017 5:26:51 AM

Women routinely reject men that their great grandmothers would have grabbed in an instant.

From what I've seen, the more picky a woman is, who has a laundry list a mile long of "must have" qualities for any man to be worthy, the less likely any relationship would last long. They often think there must be a guy out there who has all 100 required qualities or more, so why settle for someone who only has 95 of the required must have's on her list. The guy who is almost perfect for her is just a placeholder until Mr. Perfect shows up.
 AngryGroceries17
Msg: 659
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2017 5:00:43 AM

From what I've seen, the more picky a woman is, who has a laundry list a mile long of "must have" qualities for any man to be worthy, the less likely any relationship would last long. They often think there must be a guy out there who has all 100 required qualities or more, so why settle for someone who only has 95 of the required must have's on her list. The guy who is almost perfect for her is just a placeholder until Mr. Perfect shows up.

And then she hits the wall without realizing it all while keeping her standards high. All of a sudden Mr. 95% will pass her by, then Mr. 90% will pass her up, then Mr. 80% will take a pass! Her standards starts to drop and she start reading books about “where all the good men has gone”. Ohh the irony!
 Ouija2025
Msg: 660
Posted: 2/18/2017 5:33:30 AM
I have only read Womens profiles in the review thread and of course regular forumites, yesterday I logged out and then searched my area= have to say some of you guys are right re the very very long lists of " demands"
Plus side I see people still enjoy Live, Laugh Love and that their children and #1.
They don't write what they are hoping for, nope it is MUST. A lot of musts.
 ebolakitty
Msg: 661
Posted: 2/18/2017 8:37:36 AM

And then she hits the wall without realizing it all while keeping her standards high. All of a sudden Mr. 95% will pass her by, then Mr. 90% will pass her up, then Mr. 80% will take a pass! Her standards starts to drop and she start reading books about “where all the good men has gone”. Ohh the irony!

I'm not exactly calling BS on this because a lot of men believe it. It is a bit less than accurate though. A woman's value does drop after hitting the wall. That part is true. The inaccurate part is that, their standards do not drop. They don't read books about "where the good men have gone." They don't care where they have gone. Oh, some women's magazines print articles with that subject from time to time. Those are just filler to round out that month's edition. Women don't buy magazines to read those articles. They couldn't give a damn.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 662
Posted: 2/18/2017 3:19:11 PM

I have only read Womens profiles in the review thread and of course regular forumites, yesterday I logged out and then searched my area= have to say some of you guys are right re the very very long lists of " demands"

They don't write what they are hoping for, nope it is MUST. A lot of musts.

SEEEE???

Some of you people think we just make this stuff up.
 CynthiaSM
Msg: 663
Posted: 2/18/2017 4:27:07 PM
I have a long list of 'desires' in my profile that some will read as demands. Oh well. But I don't think they're too outrageous or unfounded since I dated a man who met every single criteria. Except the 'ready to commit' part. I had to add that to the list after he dumped me. On second thought, maybe my list is unrealistic.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 664
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2017 8:13:05 PM
Are those really desires? Or are their trade offs that you'll accept?

I have those myself. You more than likely haven't a clue what those are, until you meet them. For that matter, I wouldn't ether. I'll make concessions according to how things would go. Most women, from what I've seen, expect their laundry list to be filled before they even consider answering a message.

Just consider this. Say, I meet some of your wants, but not all. How do you know, if I could? Or, just maybe I did fit your wants list. But I didn't think it was important enough to mention in my profile? You reject me without even asking, or messaging me once.

With soon to be six years at this, I admit that I don't know how to be remotely successful with OLD. At the very least, I was smart enough to not pay for it.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >