Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 The_Pearl
Msg: 691
When women say there are no decent guys is what they really mean...Page 27 of 31    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31)

In ether case, at some point in time one tends to take it as a losing proposition, and just stop altogether.

Maybe....leave the ether at home...most women frown upon it....jmho.
 ponyelvis82
Msg: 692
view profile
History
When women say there are no decent guys is what they really mean...
Posted: 8/2/2017 3:21:47 PM
[QUOTE]POF has a reported 90 million users. Somebody should tell those millions of people, that they are better off looking for love in the real world.[/QUOTE]

90 million people who are average attractiveness at best, refusing to give anyone a shot that doesn't use profile pictures that went through photoshop while the person in them has a full face of makeup. Both men and women on these sites are guilty of that.

It goes right back to the original idea of this thread. It's not that there's no decent guys, it's not that you're from too small of an area and there's just not enough choices.... These are just excuses. People seemed to have no problem meeting people in the past in these towns. Literally billions of great people are married to each other.

There's no good guys because you refuse to date good guys.
There's no good women because you refuse to date good women.
There's more than enough people to date in your town, but sorry, that insanely hot model just doesn't live there. Probably wouldn't even date you anyway.

Want to solve literally all your self-created dating problems?
1. Have realistic standards.
2. Understand that the fact you don't have all these great people throwing themselves at you means you're not as great as you think you are. You have flaws, both physical and in your personality. You're not perfect, and you don't deserve perfect.

Finding a great person to date is as simple as giving the great person a chance. But all anyone today cares about is looks and status. You don't want your future wife/husband, you want sex. And if you'd start just being honest with yourself, then it'll make your search a lot easier... because when it comes to looking for that person you want to start a family with, things like how they look and whether or not they have a gut tends to become WAY less important. But if when your first deciding factor is attraction, because "I wouldn't want to have sex with someone that I'm not attracted to," you're not looking for a relationship, you're looking for regular sex.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 693
Posted: 8/2/2017 3:34:45 PM
"But if when your first deciding factor is attraction, because "I wouldn't want to have sex with someone that I'm not attracted to," you're not looking for a relationship, you're looking for regular sex."

It's not my " first " deciding factor but it's definitely one of the MAJOR deciding factors because I'm looking for a relationship that involves.....REGULAR SEX
 south_city
Msg: 694
Posted: 8/2/2017 3:48:00 PM

If the real world works so much better, why did anyone ever take the time to join dating sites?

For me it was just another option to possibly find people to date. Such as people that I probably wouldn't see in my daily routine. I don't think OLD should be the only way or is necessarily the best way to find dates.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 695
Posted: 8/3/2017 12:49:12 PM

90 million people who are average attractiveness at best, refusing to give anyone a shot that doesn't use profile pictures that went through photoshop while the person in them has a full face of makeup. Both men and women on these sites are guilty of that.

It goes right back to the original idea of this thread. It's not that there's no decent guys, it's not that you're from too small of an area and there's just not enough choices.... These are just excuses. People seemed to have no problem meeting people in the past in these towns. Literally billions of great people are married to each other.

There's no good guys because you refuse to date good guys.
There's no good women because you refuse to date good women.
There's more than enough people to date in your town, but sorry, that insanely hot model just doesn't live there. Probably wouldn't even date you anyway.

Want to solve literally all your self-created dating problems?
1. Have realistic standards.
2. Understand that the fact you don't have all these great people throwing themselves at you means you're not as great as you think you are. You have flaws, both physical and in your personality. You're not perfect, and you don't deserve perfect.

Finding a great person to date is as simple as giving the great person a chance. But all anyone today cares about is looks and status. You don't want your future wife/husband, you want sex. And if you'd start just being honest with yourself, then it'll make your search a lot easier... because when it comes to looking for that person you want to start a family with, things like how they look and whether or not they have a gut tends to become WAY less important. But if when your first deciding factor is attraction, because "I wouldn't want to have sex with someone that I'm not attracted to," you're not looking for a relationship, you're looking for regular sex.

So, your message to all the ladies out there is "you all need to change, not me!!" You should send this diatribe to women when you message them. I see no reason why it wouldn't melt the panties right off of them.
 Mister0Independent
Msg: 696
Posted: 8/3/2017 3:57:18 PM
It means there are decent guys out there, but all the good ones are taken.
 ponyelvis82
Msg: 697
view profile
History
Posted: 8/10/2017 5:28:55 PM

So, your message to all the ladies out there is "you all need to change, not me!!" You should send this diatribe to women when you message them. I see no reason why it wouldn't melt the panties right off of them.

Oh, good, the women can't do any wrong club is back.... My message to EVERYONE is that if you can't seem to meet someone, after a certain amount of time, it's probably your fault. Yet all anyone talks about is excuses and ways to blame everyone else. These girls that put up a screenshot of over 100 messages... Really? Not 1 of them was worth dating? Who's fault is it, really, that she's single still? Is it really because every guy is just that bad, or did she just reject pretty much everyone that was decent, or was she just a bad person that nobody decent would want?

It's true, if literally hundreds of guys are trying to date you, and absolutely zero of them are either good enough to date you, or actually want to date you, what @#*!@ logic are you using where it's the guy's fault? And you're defending this as no, it's not her fault, it's the 100 person hive mind that messaged her's fault? No, SHE made the decision to reject tons of decent guys. SHE made the choices that led to some not wanting to date her anymore. HER personality became a turn off to some guys. SHE chose to date a guy that was a jerk, because "as long as he's nice to me...."

If you have this many people reaching out to you, but you're still single, sorry, it's your own decision to still be single. Because you're refusing to give people the chance. Be a grown up, and own up to it. There's tons of probably great girls that I haven't tried to talk to, because I'M not interested, not that they're not interesting.

Seriously, dude, grow a spine.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 698
Posted: 8/10/2017 6:49:25 PM

Oh, good, the women can't do any wrong club is back

You might want to read some more of my other posts, genius. I am the complete antithesis of a white knight, and always have been. Every time I've gone away and come back, you're still complaining about the same shit. I mean, seriously, are you capable of discussing anything else?

Bottom line - "nice" alone generally does not capture anyone's interest nor does it sustain a relationship. I don't know how much more evidence of this you need, and unless you have actually talked to these women you're always bringing up, your conclusions are based on nothing but assumptions.
 ponyelvis82
Msg: 699
view profile
History
Posted: 8/11/2017 7:24:57 AM
So saying: You're single because of the choices that YOU made, is complaining?

It's a thread about the claim that there's no good guys left. That's just not true. It's pointing out the difference between there not being any good guys, and a girl refusing to date those good guys.

It's excuses. All of it. Good guys came around and she didn't want to date them. FINE! She doesn't have to. But be an adult about it, an d own up to the fact that there's no good guys solely because you're not dating good guys.

Seriously, stop kissing their asses and let them actually take responsibility for the choices that they've made in life.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 700
Posted: 8/11/2017 8:18:14 AM

So saying: You're single because of the choices that YOU made, is complaining?

What I am saying is you don't know what the f*ck you're talking about. You've dreamed up all of these situations to justify your endless rants. How many of these women you keep throwing out there have you actually talked to see if your claims are accurate?? How do you know any good guys came around?

It's also hilarious to see you of all people accusing anyone of excuse making when you've incessantly whined about being single because women won't give you, the quintessential nice guy you believe you are, a chance. You have placed ALL of the blame on them. But you don't think of yourself as an excuse maker. Of course not.

I've said this before, and I will say it again. Attraction doesn't give a shit about "deserves". You keep wishing for "nice" and "good" to be rewarded with a chance, and that's just not how it works. This goes for men and women. This will never change as a whole, no matter how much hot air you continue to blow.

Seriously, stop kissing their asses

Try pulling your head out of your own.
 patchmanjoker
Msg: 701
view profile
History
Posted: 8/11/2017 8:47:24 AM
If I heard someone say that there are no decent people to date I would look at their situation. If they were very unattractive, I could see how there options would be smaller. Even still, there are other people in the same situation that are also looking for love. The bottom line is the whole "there are no decent people out there" is an unrealistically broad statement. Really, really, there are NOOOOO decent people to date. The late great Steven Covey once said that one of our current problems in the way modern people think has to do with our obsession with "short term, quick fix, and instant gratification thinking".
 patchmanjoker
Msg: 702
view profile
History
Posted: 8/11/2017 9:07:58 AM
In addition- I have talked to many ladies about dating and most have a list of qualifications and usually the thing that they all say at the top of the list is that they just want a "nice guy", "good guy" sort of thing. Now, if that's actually true or not, is another argument. But...when I ask them what they have to offer they usually say "I'm nice", "sweet", "understanding". The bottom line is most people are going to present "nice" as one of there good qualities, even if they are not. That is why getting to know someone is soooooo important. What good is a hot person if they treat you like crap....oh that's right, you say that nice does not matter and there are no decent people left.
 ponyelvis82
Msg: 703
view profile
History
Posted: 8/11/2017 10:32:14 PM

It's also hilarious to see you of all people accusing anyone of excuse making when you've incessantly whined about being single because women won't give you, the quintessential nice guy you believe you are, a chance. You have placed ALL of the blame on them. But you don't think of yourself as an excuse maker. Of course not.

Actually, no, you dumbass, if you could get your head out of the vag and actually take the time to comprehend what you're reading, a lot of my posts come from an outside point of view. Because from the outside, you can see how a lot of things that happen, especially on these sites, Stevie Wonder can see it coming from the beginning... The outcome is just that obvious.

It's not making a single thing up. Seriously, do you HONESTLY believe that out of the HUNDREDS of guys messaging these girls, that there's seriously not even 1 in that entire list that's worth dating? Do you understand how small the probability of that is? I'll give you a hint, it's pretty much impossible. What it comes down to is superficial traits. He wasn't hot enough, he didn't make enough money, he had roommates, he was under 5'10... and the list goes on and on. But you're going to say that on a website that hit 100 million users, assuming an equal split of men and women, that all 50 million men are just undatable? That all these women that just can't seem to ever meet a decent guy aren't doing it to themselves? No, can't be, there's NO WAY that women can do anything wrong, ever. Not as long as you're here to intentionally misread posts and kiss their asses nonstop. But keep claiming that you're not that white knight, while you've taken this stand against literally everyone that doesn't treat every girl like absolute godlike perfection. If you ever question "What did you expect to happen" or tell them that they made a dumb choice, you come running with your YOU DON'T DESERVE XXXXXX BS. It's seriously your script. Not one person in this entire thread has said anything about deserving a single thing. Actually, it's been kind of the exact opposite, taking the view of nobody deserves anything, and that sense of entitlement is what causes the claim of there not being any decent guys.

And when you have the choice of date a guy or not date a guy, it's 100% your fault. Who made the decision to not date him? Oh, right, that girl. To be fair, there's a fair share of guys that are just completely terrible people. But can you HONESTLY tell me that out of every single guy that has tried to date every girl making these claims of there being no decent guys out there, that every single one of them, without exception, isn't in a relationship with her because he has a terrible personality? That 100% of the guys that have ever approached these girls were just terrible people that weren't worth dating? Do you realize how idiotic you sound just by the massive improbability of that situation ever happening to anyone, ever?

I've said this before, and I will say it again. Attraction doesn't give a shit about "deserves". You keep wishing for "nice" and "good" to be rewarded with a chance, and that's just not how it works. This goes for men and women. This will never change as a whole, no matter how much hot air you continue to blow.

And I'm not talking about "deserving" anything, you idiot. Seriously, if you're not going to take the time to actually READ, then sit down, shut up, and let the grown-ups talk. If I'm starving, and complaining about how hungry I am, but my kitchen is full of food, I just have to cook it... What would you say to me? Why doesn't that apply to these girls that are complaining that there's no decent guys out there, while they keep rejecting those exact decent guys? Just like I'm hungry because I refuse to cook, they're not dating good guys because they're refusing to date the good guys.

NOBODY is forcing these girls to date who they date or reject who they reject. At the end of the day, it's 10000000000% THEIR OWN CHOICE. And they need to stop complaining about the choices that they make. If you're not getting a great guy, or a great girl, there's only 1 person to blame, yourself.... And sorry, pig, that includes women.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 704
Posted: 8/12/2017 1:56:48 AM

It's not making a single thing up. Seriously, do you HONESTLY believe that out of the HUNDREDS of guys messaging these girls, that there's seriously not even 1 in that entire list that's worth dating?

How do you know they're NOT dating any of those guys and discovering they're not so good underneath the facade?? Unless these women you keep calling out personally update you on what's going on their lives, you don't know shit. Furthermore, physical attraction matters in the equation whether you like it or not.

But you're going to say that on a website that hit 100 million users, assuming an equal split of men and women, that all 50 million men are just undatable?

Who the hell ever claimed 50 million women are declaring there are no good men? I damn sure didn't. You're losing your f*cking mind.

But keep claiming that you're not that white knight, while you've taken this stand against literally everyone that doesn't treat every girl like absolute godlike perfection.

You're full of shit, and yet another cretin in this world who doesn't know how to properly use the word "literally".

And I'm not talking about "deserving" anything, you idiot.

Bullshit. You've been singing your "Just Give Nice Guys a Chance" tune for eons, which many here can attest to.

p.s. - learn how to be concise, you windbag.
 ponyelvis82
Msg: 705
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2017 2:36:52 PM

How do you know they're NOT dating any of those guys and discovering they're not so good underneath the facade?? Unless these women you keep calling out personally update you on what's going on their lives, you don't know shit. Furthermore, physical attraction matters in the equation whether you like it or not.

Because it's literally mathematically impossible that every single one of those men who approach these women, without exception, do not fall under the category of being a decent guy. being ugly doesn't make him an ***hole. We're not talking about looks, we're not talking about attraction, whether or not she ever dates him is completely irrelavent. We're talking about the claim that there is no decent guys out there, which is complete BS. Just because she doesn't want to date him, doesn't mean that he's not a decent guy. And that's what the argument is, morn. That it's not that they're not out there, it's that she's just not dating them, BUT THEY STILL F'N EXIST!

And I'm not saying give nice guys a chance as in "OMG DATE ME SOLELY BECAUSE I'M NICE!" I've been saying if you want to date a nice guy, then date a nice guy. That it's that simple. Don't whine that you can't find one, while you exclusively only date guys that treat everyone else like crap. And if you choose to, then stop complaining that you can't find the guys that you keep rejecting. Take responsibility for your own dating life.

Seriously, do you actually try to be this dense?
 ponyelvis82
Msg: 706
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2017 2:43:36 PM
And I understand how to use the word literally. I didn't mean "figuratively", I meant you do it on every single thread where someone puts a girl's dating problems as her own cause, and I meant that exactly how I said it. When I said every thread, I meant every thread... By definition, literally.
 spot4username
Msg: 707
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2017 2:56:58 PM
Why do I feel like I am in The Department of Redundancy Department?
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 708
Posted: 8/12/2017 3:14:51 PM

We're talking about the claim that there is no decent guys out there, which is complete BS. Just because she doesn't want to date him, doesn't mean that he's not a decent guy. And that's what the argument is, morn. That it's not that they're not out there, it's that she's just not dating them, BUT THEY STILL F'N EXIST!

You've got to be kidding me? The ones who say this (which ISN'T the entire female population of POF) are clearly speaking for themselves and their own experience with the site. They haven't found one suitable for themselves. They're not saying there are no decent men in the entire world. You're seriously getting hung up on how they're phrasing it?? Could you possibly be any more of an infant? You're f*cking pathetic.

And I understand how to use the word literally. I didn't mean "figuratively", I meant you do it on every single thread where someone puts a girl's dating problems as her own cause, and I meant that exactly how I said it. When I said every thread, I meant every thread... By definition, literally.

This can be irrefutably proven false with my posting history since I've been back. So, no. You really don't know how to use the word.
 basilisk123
Msg: 709
view profile
History
Posted: 8/17/2017 1:02:47 AM
I know I am literally literal about my figurative figurativeness...
 from site to sight
Msg: 710
Posted: 8/17/2017 9:47:08 AM
I wonder what women would think if they hear a guy say "There are no decent women". Would they be offended, or would they say to the guy "You're absolutely right about that"?
 2ufo2
Msg: 711
Posted: 8/17/2017 10:56:22 AM
I'd probably find a better place to be
and a better person to be with.

It's not worth being offended - it's barely shrug-worthy.
 jco415
Msg: 712
Posted: 8/17/2017 4:06:50 PM
Any time anyone says "There are no good_____left."

What they REALLY mean is THEY cannot get one!
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 713
view profile
History
Posted: 8/17/2017 4:30:19 PM

Any time anyone says "There are no good_____left."

What they REALLY mean is THEY cannot get one!

Or

They are unable to recognize a good ____ when they come across one.
 patchmanjoker
Msg: 714
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2017 8:08:41 AM
In response to what -site to sight- mentioned about what would happen if a guy said this about women. In the past on here when a guy suggested that the quality of women using OLD was not that great, (which is not my opinion BTW), they were immediately attacked by men and women alike. So, ya.. there is a double standard.
 patchmanjoker
Msg: 715
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2017 10:22:18 AM
^^^^^
I have to make a clarification. When I stated that it was not my opinion that there is a lack of quality women using OLD, that is a current reflection. In the past I would have agreed that in my area the amount of good profiles were limited. I recently came back to the site and one of the first things I did was look at a lot of profiles in my area. They have improved a great deal. There were a lot less of the sex attention ones with just pictures of buts and boobs while stating "they are not just interested in sex", and there were less of the long check list ones that demand that a man has to be basically perfect if he wants to send a message. I am in a relationship so I won't be sending any messages but as far as the profiles in my area the women have improved.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >