Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 716
When women say there are no decent guys is what they really mean...Page 28 of 31    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31)
If by "quality" they meant aesthetically, I would completely disagree with that claim, too. There are a lot of above average women in that department where I am. I have dated 2 fetish models, one regular model, and a personal trainer I met from here. Whether they would have made quality long term girlfriends, I don't know. I didn't make it to a full year with any of them.

As for hypocrisy here, simply fight back and don't stand for the bullshit.
 IBup4it
Msg: 717
When women say there are no decent guys is what they really mean...
Posted: 9/14/2017 6:21:51 PM
When women say there are no decent guys and complain about the guys they have met, I crack-up laughing and say and what makes you think you are entitled to a decent guy. Which caused a little backlash and they say all women deserve a decent man, still laughing I say if you say so good luck with that. Of course they throw insults at me for it with me smiling I say see that is exactly my point what decent guy would want to be with a woman who is going to insult when someone asks a simple question. Assholish sure is but it gets the point across that it's something even decent guys wouldn't like being insulted everytime they open their mouths.
 GQManOfTheYear
Msg: 718
Posted: 10/10/2017 7:57:38 PM
What they mean is:

-He doesn't look like I want him to look
-He isn't a billionaire
-He isn't a CEO (watch out for the word, "ambitious," they tend to use that a lot)
-He doesn't worship me
-He has an opinion
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 719
Posted: 10/12/2017 2:14:17 PM
Those women are gold diggers
 magicstillaroundme
Msg: 720
Posted: 10/12/2017 7:33:56 PM
There is no shortage of decent men as in ethical and reliable. What is lacking are acceptable men.

We've heard all about the gold diggers and thug lovers and such but most women only ask for someone decisive and candid. Alas, most men are too afraid of women. They can be ethical but throw all decisions into her lap. Men can be reliable but wishy-washy when she puts him on the spot. Ah... The times we live in.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 721
Posted: 10/13/2017 5:15:05 AM

but most women only ask for someone decisive and candid.

The list is not that short.

Alas, most men are too afraid of women.

This I agree with, and it makes no f*cking sense to me. There are so many other things out there more worthy of our fear. As I've said here many times, though, I think it's just a matter of having life kick your ass enough times to achieve a genuine level of not giving a shit to realize just how silly it is to have even an inkling of fear of women.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 722
view profile
History
Posted: 10/13/2017 10:05:48 AM
I'm going to dress up as a woman for Halloween and scare the bejeezus out of people!
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 723
view profile
History
Posted: 10/13/2017 1:34:06 PM
www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkEwUXD2cT8
 ohenryx
Msg: 724
view profile
History
Posted: 10/14/2017 11:10:55 AM

I'm going to dress up as a woman for Halloween and scare the bejeezus out of people!

One of the more interesting changes during my lifetime is women dressing extremely sexy for Halloween. 50 years ago this was unheard of, but now it is commonplace.

Of course, I heartily disapprove, and I plan to spend a lot of time this year going out for Halloween (public and private parties), and making my disapproval known to one and all.

Not.
 omgherecomesb
Msg: 725
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2017 6:58:00 AM
When a woman says that, it means they have not recognized that they have

Horrible choosing a man skills..
They got unresolved problems and so they find themselves attracted to people that represent those unresolved problems and after it fails, instead of blame themselves and look within and address the unresolved issue, they use the line about decent men.
 DINNO76
Msg: 726
Posted: 1/6/2018 2:26:33 PM
Most of these ladies that are complaining would be bored with a decent man.
 siisaa
Msg: 727
Posted: 1/11/2018 12:17:01 PM
It means they're done riding the****carousel and upon disembarking, they're wondering where all the good men they rejected in favor of getting f***ed by scumbags went. LOL....reminds me of something my good male friend who is in his late-40s told me. It's insulting when his female acquaintances around his age try to entertain the idea of being in a relationship with him now that their "time is up" so to speak. He says that they had their chance to be with him but squandered it to "have fun". "I'm not interested in that blown-out ****." LOLOLOL!!! Crudeness aside, no one (seriously) wants a woman who is used up, ****ed out with a bunch of mileage. It's laughable that so many women in my age group think they can sleep around "like men" and just assume that when they're done, that men will be lining up to wed them.
 ohenryx
Msg: 728
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2018 9:55:22 PM

silsaa
It's laughable that so many women in my age group think they can sleep around "like men" and just assume that when they're done, that men will be lining up to wed them.

Disagree, strongly.

Now, you are 30, and a very long way from my age group, but even so, I disagree. I have had a lot of experiences, and known a lot of people, men and women. Some of those women definitely were “of more relaxed moral character”. Meaning they slept with men when they felt like it, when they thought they would enjoy it, not just to try and get a relationship.

And you know what? Nearly every woman that I have known, who has “paired up”, who has formed a long term relationship, in the last few years, was of the type who slept with men. Women who over valued their sex, they are still out there, looking. The ones who make themselves, and their dates, happy – those are the ones who have actually found long term, meaningful relationships.

I can’t speak for men in your age group, but the men I know, they like a woman who makes them happy, who does not play games. YMMV
 NewYorker58
Msg: 729
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2018 11:10:59 PM
Henry, I'm not sure if you mean playing games is not having sex right away. That would be a way to know if you are with someone who just wants you for sex if you don't have sex in the beginning dates, then you know. Of course like you said, a woman who has sex right away, that just may snag the guy where he doesn't care about the rest of her personality, but will still stay with her just for the sex, but he probably will never make her happy, only himself. It's not over valuing sex, is valuing yourself and what you want, not solely about what a guy wants.

Siisaa, if they're still willing to have sex, they're still in the game. I'm 59 years old. How can a guy tell if I've been riding the carousel for the last 15 years or if I was in a relationship? They really don't care, but of course they don't want you to look beat up looking from hard-living, like from drinking. There are hundreds of men available in my age range that are looking for a relationship and some that are looking to get married.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 730
Posted: 1/12/2018 2:20:11 AM

It means they're done riding the****carousel and upon disembarking, they're wondering where all the good men they rejected in favor of getting f***ed by scumbags went. LOL..]

A lot of the men in my family who are entering their 40's are getting their first taste of this right now. Surprise visits from the ghosts of rejection past. That's when it's time to call Ghostbusters.
 forever_live_and_die
Msg: 731
Posted: 1/12/2018 9:31:53 AM
I don't have anything to say. I'm just waiting patiently to see if the guy above me starts talking about love and snuggling.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 732
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2018 4:30:42 PM
another whiney rant from a guy who is not doing well with the women he wants. What is "normal", by the way?

If you are talking about dating site girls they are often not even real. lol!!
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 733
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2018 4:34:04 PM
omgherecomesb

What you say has some truth about it. We get what we project and expect.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 734
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2018 5:33:25 PM
I don't want a man that's scared of me, but it's cute when I can see I make them nervous☺
 overunity
Msg: 735
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2018 5:31:53 AM
^^^^Maybe it's just "sticker shock" especially when they realize your main profile pic is 18 years old.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 736
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2018 10:50:29 PM
^^^^It doesn't matter, I'm not dating. Couldn't you find pics of a straight man to use for your fake profile?
 DrivingHarmony
Msg: 737
Posted: 1/13/2018 11:13:00 PM
Ohenryx

I have had a lot of experiences, and known a lot of people, men and women. Some of those women definitely were “of more relaxed moral character”. Meaning they slept with men when they felt like it, when they thought they would enjoy it, not just to try and get a relationship.----- AND ------- The ones who make themselves, and their dates, happy – those are the ones who have actually found long term, meaningful relationships.

Ohhhhh Henryx - I agree 100 per cent. IMO, I don't think men care how many partners a woman has had over their lifetime. Case in point, not one guy I have ever dated (whether it was one date, two dates, 10 dates, 6 weeks, etc...) has ever asked me how many partners I have had. Nor, have I inquired how many they have had either.

It's laughable that so many women in my age group think they can sleep around "like men" and just assume that when they're done, that men will be lining up to wed them.

So these women kiss and tell......everyone?

On topic - there are decent men out there......

Ladyinred0407
Msg: 738
Posted: 1/14/2018 5:28:32 AM

Ohhhhh Henryx - I agree 100 per cent. IMO, I don't think men care how many partners a woman has had over their lifetime. Case in point, not one guy I have ever dated (whether it was one date, two dates, 10 dates, 6 weeks, etc...) has ever asked me how many partners I have had. Nor, have I inquired how many they have had either.

|

So these women kiss and tell......everyone?

Nice to see you again DrivingHarmony, although, for your sake, I wish your return was under different circumstances.

LOL Sooooooo................from the quote above. Some time ago, this was the topic of a very heated debate here in the Forums. Decidedly opinions fell, on either side of a fence.
I agree with you and Ohenry, but many men did not.
My experience has been more along the lines of what Ohenry wrote, earlier.

Another heated debate involved women who "kiss and tell............everyone".
My new favorite song video. 'Disturbed', David Draiman, singing, "The Sound of Silence".
 DrivingHarmony
Msg: 739
Posted: 1/14/2018 11:08:35 AM
^^^^ Thanks LIR! It is what it is - re: circumstances. It was a great relationship while it lasted, no regrets. Upward and onward I say! ;)

Some time ago, this was the topic of a very heated debate here in the Forums. Decidedly opinions fell, on either side of a fence.
I agree with you and Ohenry, but many men did not.

Interesting.....I am a bit surprised....maybe an age factor difference? An experience factor difference? A confidence factor difference?
To each his/her own!

Hmmmm, I will stick with Enjoy the Silence by Depeche Mode ;)
 Hereintherealworld
Msg: 740
Posted: 1/15/2018 8:10:16 PM
The sad part about your question is that is being posted on a dating website. How is it we have been reduced to meeting people on the internet? I am an old **stard, I am old school. I used to walk up to a woman and say hi... my name is... Now I rely on a screen and a picture. I don't even know if the women who respond to me or message me are real.
Is physical attraction important... HELL YES! I am not an ***hole because I want to be attracted to someone. Is it the only thing, no but it is a real barrier. Not many people will talk to (much less meet up a butt ugly guy) to find out if he has a great personality, or vise versa. There are so many scammers out there, and so many "legitimate" dating sites that hire people to send you messages just to get you to sign up. "Decent guys?" are there any decent women out there? Are there any women who can look past a pic to find what your personality is like? How many of us, girls and guys included actually will answer an email if there is no picture in the profile (me included)? I will give you the answer... none. Are there any decent guys or girls out there. ABSOLUTELY! Will we ever put in the time and effort to actually find them and not weed them out based on the "meet me" way of finding someone. Not likely. Just my opinion.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >