Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 petula1908
Msg: 53
When women say there are no decent guys is what they really mean...Page 3 of 31    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31)
For me the voice of a man is always the deal maker or the breaker. If if he has other things going on but the voice is not so masculine or sexy then I lose interest. Also the way a man walks and many other things are attractive such as height, confidence, successful career etc. No surprise there.
 lynguistik
Msg: 54
When women say there are no decent guys is what they really mean...
Posted: 11/11/2014 12:37:45 PM

now im sure some women are able to overlook the lack of hotness if said dude's personality rocked, his intelligence was well above average and he of course was respectful.

A woman's willing to do something like this is only as good as her options. I've seen a lot of women sacrifice all kinds of personality plusses for the sake of getting a good looking guy. Far more rarely do I see *attractive* women dating men that aren't very attractive, but have great personalities.
 Like2dance
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2014 3:53:29 PM
It probably means she is fishing in the wrong end of the pond. She also may have unrealistic expectations or go for the bad boys only to come out at the short end of the stick.
 hazardous_smoker
Msg: 56
Posted: 11/21/2014 9:20:56 PM
Opie, I'll let you know something that even women themselves don't know...

They don't know what they want. You see, they want a "bad-boy" to pop out kids with. Once the kids come, that "bad boy" doesn't work for them anymore. Now they want the "secure financially but boring guy." Once the kids can take of themselves, they now want the "young buck AKA the 'pool boy'." After the pool boy cannot pay the bills anymore, they again seek the sensitive guy with cash.

Rinse and repeat, over and over again. Trust me... Don't get attached to the female gender in this day and age. We may think about our Grandparents, and how their marriages lasted through good times and bad! Those days are done!

Look out for yourself, and give NOTHING to anyone that you cannot live without.
 morta1ez
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 12/7/2014 6:23:39 PM

BS. I refuse to believe one gender is having a worse time at this. It's all about the person and how they see it/what they do with it. Blaming it on the other gender is just easy and convenient.

Are you saying women dont have an easier time on the dating sites?
an average looking woman with a profile that looks like it was written by a chimpanzee high on acid will still have a full inbox. Not true for a man.
 blueguy99881
Msg: 58
Posted: 12/8/2014 10:27:22 AM
No decent guys around? In their view, there aren't any male models thru haven't come across on here.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 59
Posted: 12/8/2014 10:52:27 AM

an average looking woman with a profile that looks like it was written by a chimpanzee high on acid will still have a full inbox. Not true for a man.

Perhaps men should have higher standards...? That would level the playing field a bit. Bring it up at the next man meeting and see if you can make some progress. Don't tell us about it.
 morta1ez
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 12/8/2014 12:12:43 PM

Perhaps men should have higher standards...? That would level the playing field a bit. Bring it up at the next man meeting and see if you can make some progress. Don't tell us about it.

actually raising our standards would not help as we can only pick from whats available.
in the prime dating ages men outnumber women by a wide margin. with the exception of a few small towns where the male female ratio is flipped in the other direction. women are the ones that have the luxury of being picky.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 61
Posted: 12/8/2014 12:56:00 PM

actually raising our standards would not help as we can only pick from whats available.

You don't have to pick anything unless you think it's a requirement to have an SO. If what you want isn't coming your way, then why pick anything?

in the prime dating ages men outnumber women by a wide margin. with the exception of a few small towns where the male female ratio is flipped in the other direction. women are the ones that have the luxury of being picky.

That's a luxury we all have if we are happy with ourselves without needing to have a partner. No one HAS to participate or do anything they don't want to do.

A lot of women (and a few smart men) are picky not because there are more men (for example, more of what you don't want doesn't equal better, necessarily) but because they don't need to "make do" with what they have to choose from. If the options aren't good, they are fine with skipping it altogether unless/until the options get better.
 basilisk123
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 12/8/2014 3:16:24 PM
well said womaninprogress.
You are absolutely right in that no one is forced into playing the dating game. It is ok to take a step back and just have fun. For some of us, that is its one saving grace. Been out of the game a long time(for me), and the only thing I miss is performing oral sex.
 blueguy99881
Msg: 63
Posted: 12/8/2014 6:58:55 PM
Women's standards are naturally always high. They are biology programmed to. All part of natural selection to gave babies with the best looking men. I did a 5 Paige research paper on that. I cited how women will cheat on their spouses in order to make more different children.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 64
Posted: 12/8/2014 7:09:46 PM

well said womaninprogress.
You are absolutely right in that no one is forced into playing the dating game. It is ok to take a step back and just have fun. For some of us, that is its one saving grace.

To me dating has always been sort of extra curricular. Not something that's necessary most of the time but something I did when I had free time to and was in the mood for. Trouble is I tend to treat my relationships that way also - don't want to be in one if it means I have to give up things like free time, hobbies, friends, etc.

Been out of the game a long time(for me), and the only thing I miss is performing oral sex.

Well that's not a big deal. You'll get over that. LOL
 riuser
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 12/9/2014 6:10:58 PM
The problem is, what is your definition of decent for her? Obviously you did not fit the criteria online. What makes you decent/dateable? Do you go out with or give every woman a chance that contacts you? I mean, you do have some criteria that people consider superficial (looks, wealth, height...). But I do not think that it is that superficial. I think you and your partner should actually consider "this is someone I would like to have sex with (preferably on an ongoing basis). So maybe they just do not like how you look. Or maybe they do not like your job (if you have one at all). Some of these things become less important as time goes on or as you get to know someone. But why would you want to lower your initial standards? Good look does not equal player. And average (which is most of us) does not equal nice guy.

"Players" are much better at all the initial things or have something special about them that allows them to attract women compared to you. I would bet that the converse is also true. Also, attractive people are just that, attractive. They will not just attract you, but many other people for the same purpose - dating. So why should she go out with you if she has "better" options. This also goes for the tall, handsome, educated, well-off male. He would have many more options. So why should he "settle" until he feels he is ready and finds the right one.

If you are 1000 lbs and can not get off the couch without a crane, but you are really a nice, decent, educated man, you still will have a very limited dating pool (as an extreme example).

Stop whining and move on. OLD is not the same as IRL. It ends up being more like catalog shopping except you might not have the right currency for what you want. You either improve your "worth", wait until she "goes on sale" - if ever, or just move on.

Your issue is that the women that you find attractive are not finding you attractive. (Attractive - that would mean that what you are presenting - not just your looks. It could be a poorly worded/spelled profile. It could be your looks/picture. It could be your job, education, or all of the above). Or just that she has better options.

Do you want to date someone with absolutely no standards? Do you have absolutely no standards?

If I see a profile that says something similar ("Are there any decent guys?"), I just move on. I feel that they are either bitter, not over something, or that I would have to prove something over and above what I should be already doing. And that if there is any difficulties, then I would be proving her original assumption.

Maybe you are getting rejections because you are the one choosing way out of your league (not just looks, but the whole package). So stop whining and move on. Stop being bitter - it is unattractive. And try to improve where you might be deficient to the women you are trying to contact (although, you should be trying to improve yourself anyway).

Why don't you just pick an age and distance (and religion - if that is important to you) and do a search. Then just contact the first 10 or 20 that show up - picture or not - if you like the picture or not. If you can not keep doing that, then you have some standards that some women do not measure up to in your eyes. So why can they not have standards that you do not fill.

They do not have to date everyone that contacts them - just as you do not have to contact everyone within a certain age, distance, religion, etc.

Just move on and keep trying.

STOP WHINING.
 morta1ez
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 12/9/2014 9:43:10 PM

You don't have to pick anything unless you think it's a requirement to have an SO. If what you want isn't coming your way, then why pick anything?

Problem is, one of the things I enjoy most in life are sex and companionship. But I dont like sleeping around. no emotional connection to be had in playing musical vaginas.

That's a luxury we all have if we are happy with ourselves without needing to have a partner. No one HAS to participate or do anything they don't want to do.

A lot of women (and a few smart men) are picky not because there are more men (for example, more of what you don't want doesn't equal better, necessarily) but because they don't need to "make do" with what they have to choose from. If the options aren't good, they are fine with skipping it altogether unless/until the options get better.

Again I'm not an A-sexual being who wants to be alone the rest of my life. and I do not wish to spend said life with my only outlet being barfly's or a string of one night stands with no emotional connection.

Yes I like hanging out with my friends but I dont get the same rush from it as I do spending time with a lady who cares about me.
 dinno76
Msg: 67
Posted: 12/12/2014 5:24:43 PM
Some ladies don't want the men that want them . They want the men that don't want them.
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 68
Posted: 12/12/2014 5:30:16 PM
I know I want men who don’t want me. Then when they want me back I don’t want them anymore because they want me. Go figure.
 blueguy99881
Msg: 69
Posted: 12/12/2014 5:46:54 PM
Wanting someone that dosent want u is so ridiculous and high school behavior. I think some peeps need to get a life.
 forumfellathesequel
Msg: 70
Posted: 12/12/2014 8:52:16 PM
Aww guy...don't be blue
 dinno76
Msg: 71
Posted: 12/13/2014 11:15:52 AM
That is human nature to want what you can't have.
 CTRLvector
Msg: 72
Posted: 12/13/2014 12:46:59 PM
Any type of statement that can be refuted instantly with logic is always a complaint.

There are decent guys, there has to be, if there isn't - then its a personal problem. I imagine there are a great number of decent people, of all ages and locations... just existing in the world.

Imagine that?
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 73
Posted: 12/13/2014 1:00:04 PM

Problem is, one of the things I enjoy most in life are sex and companionship. But I dont like sleeping around. no emotional connection to be had in playing musical vaginas.

We all enjoy it. It's still not a requirement. One can find emotional connection in many places outside romantic relationships...sleeping around isn't something you have to do either.

Again I'm not an A-sexual being who wants to be alone the rest of my life. and I do not wish to spend said life with my only outlet being barfly's or a string of one night stands with no emotional connection.

None of us are alone unless we're isolated from humanity. A lot of us are single but that's not the same thing (although some of us would like to compare the two to be dramatic). Why is sleeping with a lot of strangers coming up in conversation? I'm not suggesting anyone do that. And I'm FAR FAR from asexual, but I'm not going to go crazy trying to become part of a couple so that I don't go without sex. Either it all comes in a package or I'll pass. Going without sex here and there isn't fun but it's hardly life threatening.

Yes I like hanging out with my friends but I dont get the same rush from it as I do spending time with a lady who cares about me.

I get that - neither is more important, they are just different. However sometimes we are single for a while...it happens. If we can realize that it's not a horrible thing to be single, we can weather it better during those times when it happens - and it will, more than once.

My point was why pick something you don't want just to pick something? Your point is what - that being single is so bad that picking someone you don't want is better than staying single? Alright then.

I know I want men who don’t want me. Then when they want me back I don’t want them anymore because they want me. Go figure.

LOL - well hey at least you know this. Admitting a problem is the first step in fixing it (if you want to that is).

Any type of statement that can be refuted instantly with logic is always a complaint.

There are decent guys, there has to be, if there isn't - then its a personal problem. I imagine there are a great number of decent people, of all ages and locations... just existing in the world.

Imagine that?

I forgot to say "Amen" to this. There are a ton of decent guys out there, I've met them, I've dated them - what they mean is "why aren't any of the guys I want to sleep with decent personality wise?" Sometimes you get a combo of good person and sexy guy - but it's just harder to find than either of them separately.

It's like the fortune cookie joke. Add "....that I find attractive" to most statements women have about men they are discussing.
 BillyBuckshot14
Msg: 74
Posted: 12/17/2014 10:35:01 AM
Op. Google "female hypergamy" and all your questions about female nature will be answered.
 catman011
Msg: 75
Posted: 12/19/2014 8:10:22 AM
It doesn't matter. I don't have the looks to build up raw attraction for any woman.
 Demidar
Msg: 76
Posted: 12/20/2014 9:06:26 AM
To Opp : Means there are not enough men with large enough wallets . The more money a man has is directly related to how attractive women in general find him to be . Example " Photo of a man in decent clothes in front of a older car , next picture of same man in same clothes and same pose in front of foreign sports car . Women found the man in front of the sports car to be much more attractive . Pretty much shows what is going on . That is one reason I am happy being at a lower income level , gets the bulls eye off of my back ;)
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 77
Posted: 12/20/2014 9:27:40 AM
^^^Hell no - I don't care how much he makes or what he's standing in front of but he better be good looking and have some type of tolerable personality. If all you got to show anyone is a hot car and a good job because you're below average and have a crappy personality - don't bother. We have our own cars, we work our own jobs. Dating someone with all that is an option, not a requirement, so we don't have to bother. You now need to be someone women actually want to look at and talk to.

I think there are men that are upset nowadays that they can't impress women with what they have anymore - at least in those days complete tools or men who had no interest in how they presented themselves (or both) had a shot if they built the right portfolio. Now what you have is irrelevant and you actually have to be a person of some substance. Some guys won't make that cut - period.

I once had a guy talking to me in some nightclub going on and on about his sportscar and how much it cost and how he brought it with him, etc. Finally I said "if this car is so great why are you not out in it?" He asked if I wanted a ride in the car. I asked, "do you have to be in it for me to take the ride?" He said of course. I said, "then I'll pass." WTF?
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >