Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DINNO76
Msg: 747
When women say there are no decent guys is what they really mean...Page 31 of 31    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31)
Because it seems like men are the only ones complaining about not getting any messages on here. That is all you hear about on these forums.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 748
view profile
History
When women say there are no decent guys is what they really mean...
Posted: 1/16/2018 6:42:43 PM

How many of us, girls and guys included actually will answer an email if there is no picture in the profile (me included)? I will give you the answer... none.

Ehhh (buzzer sound).

Wrong answer.

I have not only answered emails from pictureless profiles- like mine- I have actually live met women without a picture, and women have answered my emails and sent me messages and met me live, without my picture (since I have never had one on a dating site profile).

It should be noted, however, that the majority of that occurred during the glory days of online dating, not so much lately, since the downward slide of online dating.

there are decent men out there......

Yes.
I'm right here.

are there any decent women out there?

I read about one living on a mountaintop in Tibet.

I'll have to call my travel agent.

And learn some Standard Tibetan.
 Call_me_Handy
Msg: 749
Posted: 1/16/2018 6:52:18 PM

How many of us, girls and guys included actually will answer an email if there is no picture in the profile (me included)? I will give you the answer... none.

Not only emailed but met her sight unseen Dec 29, 2017 , had another set for last Thursday but she backed out, still have no idea what she looks like.
April of 2016, we were in a relationship for a year and a half.

How bad are your social skills if you cannot go meet someone for a coffee. The only times my social skills have been really tested was when the pics old or did not match the person I met. Almost prefer no pics now, no expectations.
 Call_me_Handy
Msg: 750
Posted: 1/16/2018 6:56:20 PM
quote] Years back, when I was just learning this game, I contacted many women with no picture. When I did eventually see a picture, around 8 or 9 out of every 10 were … how should I put this? “Sub-par”. And maybe 1 out of 10 was well above average. They never seemed to be average. I’m not quite sure how to account for that.

But when the 1 in 10 walks thru the door and smiles!!!!!!
It happened a couple of times, can happen again. So no pic no problem!!!
 ohenryx
Msg: 751
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2018 4:50:07 PM

DINNO76
When it comes to online dating alot of times a lady that is a 5 will still get more messages than a man who is a 10 on the looks scale.

CynthiaSM
^^And you know this how??

DINNO76
Because it seems like men are the only ones complaining about not getting any messages on here. That is all you hear about on these forums.

I hate to disagree with Cynthia, one of my favorite forumites. But in this case I must. The simple fact is that men do most of the work, the heavy lifting, making the initial contacts, risking rejection. Therefore, an average woman will get more initial messages than a handsome man. And if you care to look for it, you can find where Ok*Cupid did some research, proving this conclusively.

And DINNO, your rebuttal was not very logical. The men doing the complaining about never getting any messages are not “10”s. Far from it. Any man ranking above average in appearance is NOT complaining about his luck in OLD. Far from it. And no, I am not talking about myself. I have some success at this, but I work hard for it. It does not come from women sending me initial messages.

Nyeahsers
The 1 out of 10 was always my hopeful thinking.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I used to have this idea, this “wish” or “dream” if you will. That there was a beautiful woman out there who wanted to find a man who would appreciate her for more than her outward appearance. Like all of the rich men who want to find a woman who appreciates them for something other than their money.

The cold hard truth is, if you’re rich, it is going to matter. And if you’re beautiful, it is going to matter. Sorry, kids, this is real life, not a fairy tale.

Call_me_handy
But when the 1 in 10 walks thru the door and smiles!!!!!!
It happened a couple of times, can happen again. So no pic no problem!!!

Hey, good luck with that, and I mean it. Everyone needs a dream.
 DINNO76
Msg: 752
Posted: 1/17/2018 5:33:08 PM
It would good to hear from men who are under 50 years old who are succeeding on this site. Tell people how they are doing it instead of always hearing from men who are failing. Gets old hearing men complain about how they are not getting any messages .Makes you think all the men are failing here but that is not the case . Always hear about men who are getting tons of phone numbers ,dates and scoring with the females on this site but you never hear about it on the forums.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 753
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2018 5:49:06 PM

Always hear about men who are getting tons of phone numbers ,dates and scoring with the females on this site but you never hear about it on the forums.

Because dating is a real-life activity. People busy dating are not wasting their time posting crap in here.

Nobody is obligated to posts anything in here - we post when we want or feel the need to do so.

Most people come here frustrated and failed and looking for an alternative to the status quo. That is their need.

People don't need to use the forum to high-five themselves.
 DrivingHarmony
Msg: 754
Posted: 1/17/2018 5:55:08 PM

Because dating is a real-life activity. People busy dating are not wasting their time posting crap in here.

Well, well, well....if it isn't Mr. Sweet Danimal! Nice to see you! :)

And I agree 100 per cent with your above post.
 cooldog65
Msg: 755
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2018 6:48:20 PM

People don't need to use the forum to high-five themselves.

I can't self high-five like the former wrestler Diamond Dallas Page used to do?
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 756
Posted: 1/17/2018 7:25:15 PM

Tell people how they are doing it

It's as simple as looking the best you can and living in an area that actually has people in it, not out in the boondocks. I'll say it for the 9 gazillionth time, profiles don't mean squat. Back when I was using the site for dating, I met probably 25-30 women, and no horror stories to report.

former wrestler Diamond Dallas Page

I met him and his wife Kimberly back in 1997. Both were incredibly nice. I had my youngest brother with me at the time, and he was still in his "girls are yucky" phase. After he saw Kimberly, he said to me "I think I like her".
 Nyeahsers
Msg: 757
Posted: 1/18/2018 8:29:27 PM
You could look at my profile and see that it is not very good. For whatever reason I get several original messages every week and have at least a 50% response rate. I'm a bit of a demi-sexual, otherwise I would put up some great pics showing off my stuff and would get plenty of action. The thing is, women on this site seem to be looking for one of two things: 1. A man that doesn't exist or 2. A really good looking guy. If you're not good looking and tall, it's going to be tough.
 LeoMax09
Msg: 758
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2018 7:57:46 AM
The Women in Australia and how they change once they are here
but when over seas they will ask for men up to 99 years old
and they will be in their 20ties ?
Cougars ? Just trying to get a man age is irrelevant.
However, age becomes relevant when they are citizens and a lot of them
change and their true colours are revealed.
So how are men supposed to view women ?
After reading thousands of profiles a certain pattern becomes evident.
Not from one dating site either.

Asian Lady.
34 Year Olds Profile.
Has a child.
I've tried dating younger guys but I guess
I'm just not a good cougar material.
you MUST meet the following criteria: 
Male
Age Between:30 and 39.
You must have a picture to contact this user.
Another Asian Lady.

37 year old. Female, 5' 1" (155cm), Non-religious
Asian, Taurus
Looking for a long term committed relationship.
No smokers or Gemini men need apply.
Why was the ex a Gemini ?
Male
Age Between:34 and 42.

Another Asian Lady
Asian, Scorpio
31 year old Female, 5' 6" (168cm), Buddhist
Has a young child Toddler.

good girl looking for good guy ....
life is beautiful .... just missing him..
Male
Age Between:27 and 40.

* Unless the husband passed away
why would he ditch a GOOD Girl ?
Why would a GOOD girl be single
and with a child at the age of 31 ?
Oh, I know there are certain circumstances, rape. Things don't work out , and accidents happen.
The thing that always bothers me is the mind set of certain women and usually a lt of ladies are like this but only some will admit it. Yjey do GO for the bad boys and actually like the bad boy image but will always claim they want a NICE guy. Well after a few bad boys they tend to fall back on the nice stable guy. Some men are just complacent enough and perhaps ignorant and will accept ladies like this.
However, the questions will always be in the back of the guys mind.
Will she stay ? Will she stray ? Will she just use me and not really love me ? Do some women worry about men whom have experiences more then one partner like this as well.
Was there a way to allow women's Liberation to work in a way that would perhaps benefit both or have the men, even the educators been missing something here as far as relationships are concerned ?
What is a decent guy ladies ?
Successful ?
Usually means he is a workaholics and a geek .
Confident ?
Yes there are confident men still out there. But Society is killing the typical male off and converting us into overly careful politically correct morons who are more concerned about being offensive and afraid to approach women because we have to be careful due to sexual harassment. By the way this is now used so much by women even criminally intent bad ass ones whom steal, scam and then try to blame the man for harassment and stalking when he tried to recover money in tribunals and courts. I had a tenant I had very little contact with try this shit on me and she owed me a ton of money, wrecked my home she was renting and then tried to escape with out even leaving a forwarding address.
Educated ?
A lot of men fall into this category just as women do.
Charming and suave ?
This is usually a taught trait . But some do have a natural charm . Mostly comes from associating with people and confidence.
Debonair ? All the best qualities but the NICE guy is NOT really what women want.. Is it ladies ?
Athletic like a Greek God ? With great looks ?
Movie star type that has to work out or some one who is into body building ?
A great job or born into a wealthy family ?
The middle class is being killed of in most western and some Eastern countries.
A person running a successful business ? With proper support and foundations. Small time that may take off in a few cases. Most small business attempts fail with the first year. And the people running them may be in debt and will be working 16 hour days at times to make the business run and grow. NOT MUCH ROOM for a relationship.
As above in successful but what does it take to run a profit making business these days ? How many large corporations are running on huge bank loans declaring a loss until they escape with millions from the Governments in Tax and bank loans and this is a case of a criminal and organised crime syndicate run by scam artists whom are educated enough to by pass the system.
All of the above ? Ideal person and a decent man ? Right ladies ?
Take a look at your self on the mirror and reflect about whom you are ..
Then consider this …. Only 10 % may currently fit half of the above requirements. And if they are a GOOD CATCH. And in their thirties and forties they are usually married working hard to support a family with children and a good wife as you would be with a good husband if you were in the same shoes.
So what are you left with ? 2% to 5 % IF they are single, separated or divorced ?
Usually in that age bracket men will not be divorced if the have a GOOD supportive woman. Keep in mind that prior to 1992 in Australia and some other countries the “NO FAULT LAW” was introduced..
WHY ? Perhaps the religiously IDEAL family structure in society was falling apart ? Women's Liberation and freedom. Financial independence and education meant that more ladies could be like men.
Independent and without the traditional need for a man as a protector and a sole family bread winner whom the ladies HAD to depend on.
Will you be lucky enough to get a 25 to 45 year old man with the right stuff ?
Realistically speaking ? 2018 ? Some 30 years ago I did know a few men were worth over 1 million and then they were considered rich.
Now a single person has to have over 1.5 million in cash or assets to love a comfortable life in retirement for a period of 10 to 15 years.
And to be considered wealthy you have to be worth $10,000,000.
Most people will never attain this wealth and financial comfort zone.
Society and Governments have changed and moved the goal posts.
Now only a few will be in their 50 ties and be anywhere near that mark.
But will they be free and available ? And will they be a DECENT MAN ?
Most men whom were DECENT just as the ladies whom were ideal partners were corrupted at some stage in their life. How ?
They were in a bad relationship, went through a divorce. Lost money and faith in relationships and the opposite sex. Some took years to recover others never really did. Damaged goods and scars.
How many men have told me STAY AWAY from women ? Asian Men tell me to stay away from Asian women. They are very materialistic. Beijing has had a sharp increase in divorce rates since the western influence has set In recently. Australian Men say stay away from Australian women. Best to get a European lady with good traditional family upbringing.
We all like the fun and the naughty but nice don't we ?
But when the fun is over what do we really want and crave for ?
Pure and simple. LOVE.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 759
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2018 7:20:36 PM
Blah blah, blah, with all you've said about what women want that's unrealistic, yet your age range is 22 - 45. You left out American women, so let me warn you. You won't get laid here either
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >