Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 79
When women say there are no decent guys is what they really mean...Page 4 of 31    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31)

There are decent guys, there has to be,

Oh, there are.

But they happen to be the guys they are not/cannot be romantically interested in, such as relatives, "wonderful" co-workers, and unattractive platonic good friends.

Amazing how that works.
The only "decent" men are men you already know and are not romantically interested in.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 80
When women say there are no decent guys is what they really mean...
Posted: 12/20/2014 2:55:10 PM

I could have wrote this!! Men nowadays can't afford to let themselves go. You forgot nice muscles ;)

Not if they want to attract the opposite sex, no (or for gay, same sex - and let's just say women are a lot more forgiving then gay men when it comes to who they date).

Yes! This is exactly what a lot of men fail to understand. Nowadays most women don't need a man's money and can date those they're attracted to and actually want to be with, including younger men. This is exactly what I'm saying when I've posted how men can't play the money card anymore!

Very true. While men complain a lot about gold diggers at least men with a lot of money have a better shot at pairing off with women like this when looks/personality don't cut it. If you don't have that as a backup - you may be single for a while.

I have always said I'd rather eat Ramen noodles and look at the wall in my house than be wined and dined and eat steak and lobster by a man I'm not attracted to. I'll enjoy the noodles more cause they don't come with any guilt or obligation. Now I can afford my own lobster and steak so I don't have to eat Ramen noodles, but you catch my drift.

Ugh, I've dismissed my share of guys like this. I would actually avoid guys with flashy cars on purpose...sadly that's usually all they have going for them...

I was actually standing in a club I worked in but I was off that night, and was dating the manager of the club at the time - so because of that I would always be fairly polite with customers. This guy was laying the car thing on thick so I couldn't resist the jab.

WomanInProgress very well said and spot on. This is exactly how it is nowadays and becoming even more so.
NAILED IT.
Luckily I've met my decent guy and he's amazing, all I could want =)

Cheers :-)

Best of luck to you, I'm glad you are happy and have what you want! Thanks for the thumbs up. Happy Holidays! :)

But they happen to be the guys they are not/cannot be romantically interested in, such as relatives, "wonderful" co-workers, and unattractive platonic good friends.

Amazing how that works.
The only "decent" men are men you already know and are not romantically interested in.

Not true for me, I have dated a few decent men that I found to be handsome and I was actually attracted to. I've seen it more than a couple times - the package of decent/attractive DOES exist. Sometimes women get sick of waiting and choose one or the other (looks/personality) but since the combo is harder to run across, it's understandably not going to happen overnight.
 morta1ez
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2014 4:57:08 AM

I get that - neither is more important, they are just different. However sometimes we are single for a while...it happens. If we can realize that it's not a horrible thing to be single, we can weather it better during those times when it happens - and it will, more than once.

My point was why pick something you don't want just to pick something? Your point is what - that being single is so bad that picking someone you don't want is better than staying single? Alright then.

That is my point, romantic to me is more important than platonic. I enjoy my platonic relationships but I dont get emotional connection. and I never said one should pick someone they dont want, but the problem is too many people look for perfection and that does not exist. I look at it like this.

If I take all the things I like about said woman and put them in one pile, and put everything I dont like about her in another pile, if the pile of likes is bigger than the pile of dont likes then she is a suitable partner.

My only absolute deal breakers are unfaithfulness, materialism and morbid obesity.
 morta1ez
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2014 9:47:04 AM

The funny thing is, you put a number of "decent" guys and a number of "not so decent" guys in a bar and watch the evening play out.... At the end of the night, all the "not so decent" guys will be leaving with the women they picked up... all the "decent" guys will still be single... the women having avoided them...
I know a biker type... always wears his leathers and takes his helmet to the bar... The women fall all over him... his motorcycles been in the shop for 2 years and he drives his wife's van most of the time....
There are always a few like that...
We watched last night. Pretty girl talking to the G/F and I. She leaves with some guy who she chased after that looks like he just got out of jail and stopped in the bar on the way home.... LOL

Some women wouldn't know a decent guy if they fell over him...

yep, the decent guys are their plan B.....
After father time has slapped them around a bit and the scumbags no longer want them after giving them few kids they settle for the boring decent guy to help raise the not decent guys kids.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 84
Posted: 12/22/2014 10:24:30 AM

That is my point, romantic to me is more important than platonic. I enjoy my platonic relationships but I dont get emotional connection. and I never said one should pick someone they dont want, but the problem is too many people look for perfection and that does not exist. I look at it like this.

If I take all the things I like about said woman and put them in one pile, and put everything I dont like about her in another pile, if the pile of likes is bigger than the pile of dont likes then she is a suitable partner.

My only absolute deal breakers are unfaithfulness, materialism and morbid obesity.

Is attraction or availability on your list?

The funny thing is, you put a number of "decent" guys and a number of "not so decent" guys in a bar and watch the evening play out.... At the end of the night, all the "not so decent" guys will be leaving with the women they picked up... all the "decent" guys will still be single... the women having avoided them...
I know a biker type... always wears his leathers and takes his helmet to the bar... The women fall all over him... his motorcycles been in the shop for 2 years and he drives his wife's van most of the time....
There are always a few like that...
We watched last night. Pretty girl talking to the G/F and I. She leaves with some guy who she chased after that looks like he just got out of jail and stopped in the bar on the way home.... LOL

The difference between decent and not so decent guys in a bar (and I should know I've worked in them 30 years).

Decent guys are usually self conscious and don't do a lot of approaching - or if they do it's generally passive. They may be comfortable in a bar or club but aren't typically assertive - they are actually worried it won't go well.
Decent guys are usually interested in a woman beyond getting a piece of tail, so they are more selective when they do approach and generally more respectful (not always in the right place for it though).

This is why non decent guys leave with all the women. They approach most of them and don't care what type of women they get and they don't fear rejection at all because they are fluent with talking to women - to them it's a numbers game - so if a woman says no there's one right behind her, they aren't personal about it. If decent men worked the room and talked to every woman there and had no standards about what stuck to the wall when they pitched, they'd not be decent guys.

See how that works?

I just posted something similar this in another thread - most of my exes while very good looking were self conscious and tended to be on the shy side. Because I am one to approach anyone in a social environment - I approached them at some point in a social capacity though I may have found them attractive it wasn't my sole reason for starting conversation, and it turned into something more.
 PirateJohn09
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 12/23/2014 12:42:43 PM

And if you are a good person, then you don't want a woman like that anyway, so it's a win-win.
 BillyBuckshot14
Msg: 86
Posted: 12/23/2014 2:55:44 PM

yep, the decent guys are their plan B.....
After father time has slapped them around a bit and the scumbags no longer want them after giving them few kids they settle for the boring decent guy to help raise the not decent guys kids.

Pretty much sums it up right there. Not sure why the Manginas, ****beggers, Captain Save a Ho, and White Knights insist on hating themselves so much that they ignore the harsh reality of what they represent, namely a disposable utility to said women. Never figured it out.
 blueguy99881
Msg: 87
Posted: 12/23/2014 3:30:51 PM
It means women are obsessed with physically attractive guys. But yet women are not as visual as men? Interesting. It's totally false.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 88
Posted: 12/23/2014 4:22:52 PM

And if you are a good person, then you don't want a woman like that anyway, so it's a win-win.

Exactly - so the system works and all is right with the universe. Merry Christmas and Cheers!
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 90
Posted: 12/23/2014 4:52:56 PM

I don't know about that so much...
I know quite a few guys who would fall into the "decent" category who are definitely assertive and outgoing and try hard to meet pick up the ladies... Yet time after time, they go home alone, meanwhile, you see the women leaving with everything from biker-wannabes to half wits...'

And you really care about a woman who does that?

The thing is... We ALL know how that works... including the women who time after time leave with a loser... and claim they can't find a decent guy... The women, despite knowing they're grabbing losers keep doing the same thing again and again... and whine there are no good guys out there...

Again - you want to date women like this? If not then who cares what they say? If so - then I guess I can see your self inflicted frustration.

Then too, the decent guys see the same women leaving over and over with the same loser types... and down the road, she finds the decent guy no longer is interested in her...

And....so? I would assume these are not women you would want to date.
 Walts
Msg: 92
Posted: 12/23/2014 5:21:54 PM

you actually have to be a person of some substance.

You forgot to add, it HAS to be the "correct" substance.

Personally, I know(not think) that I have substance but, I also know, that the stuff I gots, isn't everybody's cup of tea.

Or coffee.

Or even whiskey for that matter.
 blueguy99881
Msg: 93
Posted: 12/23/2014 8:52:56 PM
The male models only attract women. It's sad.
 _shakti_
Msg: 94
Posted: 12/23/2014 9:12:36 PM
Well I've never uttered those words, I've always known they exist. I haven't always been so good at choosing them over the non decent, but hey, I wasn't always 'decent' either.

I think there are men that are upset nowadays that they can't impress women with what they have anymore - at least in those days complete tools or men who had no interest in how they presented themselves (or both) had a shot if they built the right portfolio. Now what you have is irrelevant and you actually have to be a person of some substance. Some guys won't make that cut - period.

I once had a guy talking to me in some nightclub going on and on about his sportscar and how much it cost and how he brought it with him, etc. Finally I said "if this car is so great why are you not out in it?" He asked if I wanted a ride in the car. I asked, "do you have to be in it for me to take the ride?" He said of course. I said, "then I'll pass." WTF?
Haha so true!

Been there. Some guys make it ridiculously easy to take advantage of them in that regard, it's stunning actually. Especially since they complain about it after the fact, when they were practically begging for it! And if you don't need them for those things, they are dumbfounded as to how to appeal to you. Really?!

On a related note, I will never forget the time I was gassing up in the redneck town I work in, and having this grisly dude approach me to comment on my car. He complimented it and acted all impressed, asked if my bf bought it for me? I said no and left it at that. He walked away, pondering, then came back to ask if it was my dad? I said no, laughed and asked- is it so inconceivable that I bought it? He chuckled as if he got it, but came back a third time to ask if my bf bought it! Haha, unbelievable.
 dinno76
Msg: 95
Posted: 12/28/2014 4:37:07 PM
I know a lot of married people that get hit on by members of the opposite sex all the time. People see a ring on the finger and they chase.
 dinno76
Msg: 96
Posted: 12/28/2014 4:43:26 PM
I guess they figure if a person is married that are quality person. They want that.
 the_biggavell
Msg: 97
Posted: 1/13/2015 1:15:51 AM
When i read that.. what im really reading is
" i dont know what i want"

There are billions of men out there.
Guarenteed, she hasnt seen enough men to know what decent looks like.
Whatever the hell that means.
Often times when we talk about preference or what we want, we are talking about a man we once had that WE LOST. You cant pull good qualities and extract the bad to have one perfect being. You gotta take the good with the bad..
i had it communicated to me once by someone i consider wise.

"You are never going to find this perfect person you are looking for. It doesnt exist. We all got problems because this world isnt perfect. We exist to solve problems, find someone who wants to solve them with you, and not become one."

Anyone ever heard of a comedian by the name of lunell? She had this great joke and it goes like this :

If the b#%£$ look too good to be true, she probably is.
If you meet a girl whose earring match her necklace,
match her bracelet,
match her ring,
match her nipple piercing,
match her belly button peircing,
match her belly chain
and her ankle bracelet
and her toe ring
and her toe nail matches her finger nail
and her finger nail’s acrylic
and the **** grew em all herself
and she got pretty legs
and the **** aint never skinned her knee
or got a mosquito bite
ain’t got no cellulite
or got no varicose veins
and her ass is tight
and her titties are perky
and they’re both the same size
and they look up at you
and she’s got a nice neck with no fat around it,
and she don’t sweat too much
and her breast smell good
and her teeth are all white and straight lipstick is all good, eye makeup is all good
and the **** aint got no wax in her ear
you feel her hair is long down her back
ain’t got no tacks in her hair, no shit like that
you better lift that ****es skirt up
cause her****is probably bigger than yours!
 fjarizi2
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2015 12:15:05 AM
Not at all! I think sometimes women will just say this when their search is not going too well. Two other points come to mind. First they say it when they had high expectations of their prince swooping them off their feet. Secondly, they are don't see this "prince" online or anywhere because he is purely fictitious. There is no perfect person out there! You will die before you meet them. It's a matter of what you can deal with. If you don't mind dating a guy with a big birthmark on his lower neck but otherwise "nearly" perfect then date him! For some people you will have to dig deeper to find flaws, maybe a few dates in, who know how many. So some woman are going out with these "HOT" guys or financially secured men but later find out they have little to nothing in common, thus they say " Where are the decent guys?"

If I were you, I won't bother with these women. They can never be satisfied!

Cheers
 CTRLvector
Msg: 99
Posted: 1/15/2015 2:28:48 AM
Its called magical thinking, and it is broad sweeping ignorance. Anyone who subscribes to the idea that they will find perfection will succumb to failure and distress.

Women who say there are no decent guys - that is their subjective view. And it could be valid based on circumstance, or it could be a subjective way of magical thinking, that they who request or dream deserve perfection. Magic, sure, that will happen.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 100
Posted: 1/15/2015 5:46:55 AM
Where I am from up north "decent" means "that I like" - a lot of guys take "decent" to mean "good", or "quality". All they are saying is they can't find a guy they like enough to really want to date.
 CTRLvector
Msg: 102
Posted: 1/15/2015 6:49:26 AM

Where I am from up north "decent" means "that I like" All they are saying is they can't find a guy they like enough to really want to date.
^^^ that sounds valid no women butt hurtage there.

So some woman are going out with these "HOT" guys or financially secured men get bored and say " Where are the decent guys?"
^^^ ironic male butt-hurtage

If I were you, I won't bother with these women. They can never be satisfied!
^^^ Ironic male butt-hurtage x2
 Demidar
Msg: 103
Posted: 1/15/2015 7:53:00 AM
When women ask the question , what happened to all the good men , there is only one answer you can give to those women ,You Did . Chivalry has been ground into the dirt by the same women who are whining and complaining , where did all the good men go . I used to open doors , hold chairs etc , last time I held a door open for a woman all I got was a dirty look . No reason to be chivalrous any more . Good men are no longer needed nor desired by women , they want the dregs from the bottom .
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 104
Posted: 1/15/2015 9:46:44 AM
Well maybe if it wasn't the door to the mens room......
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 105
Posted: 1/15/2015 10:21:08 AM
But to be serious Demidar to extend courtesy and to display chivalry or manners should never be extended with the expectations of acknowledgement ever. What it does is speak volumes about you as a person, your standards and your upbringing. Those that you show it too may never acknowledge it, but other people see it and those who are like minded recognize it for what it is and appreciate it.
 Demidar
Msg: 106
Posted: 1/15/2015 12:01:16 PM
If I hold open a door for you Mr crook , I expect the same thing I would from a woman , a thank you . Saying thank you is a common courtesy , something you obviously do not know of . Anything else is just plain rude and shows a lack of up bringing . You can play your little knight in shining armor garbage some where else .
 forumfellathesequel
Msg: 107
Posted: 1/15/2015 12:15:33 PM
Demidar is right, courtesy and manners shouldn't be gender based, I've held the door open for some of the managers and bigwigs at work, and when there was no acknowledgement or thanks, I'd say, oh noooo, you're welcome!...they'd usually turn around embarrassed or the people with them would laugh, just in how you're raused I suppose{shrug}
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >