Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > I don't kiss till the third date      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SD2131
Msg: 26
I don't kiss till the third datePage 2 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)

I had a couple of dates with a woman that had this rule. I lost interest in her for other reasons though.

Rules are meant to be broken. However, as you mentioned you can lose interest very fast with someone with these rules. If they have this rule, wonder what other rules come up..
 daynadaze
Msg: 27
view profile
History
I don't kiss till the third date
Posted: 10/22/2014 9:17:19 AM
Out dated? That is said as though there were once people who only did things one way and now they are different, which is not true. We have always been human, we are all individuals, and we all lead our lives as ourselves. If you think 3 dates has some magical or moral power for your needs, then don't feel the need to explain it, just live that way. Just as many people who do things on the first meet seem to end up in a relationship as those who do not. It's not so much about your actions on whichever date, as it is in meeting the right person at the right time. Be true to yourself, but try not to take an uppity moral high ground (not saying you are but some do fall into that trap).

For me kissing a man is highly intimate, sexual, a great erotic experience. So kissing strangers or men I'm not sexually attracted to turns me off. While I kiss my children and grandchild, that's a whole different affection. But I do not like kissing friends, I hate handshaking too, I don't want to hug someone I don't know or even friends every time we see each other. There are moments when it's an emotional event, but to just do it like some ritual, that's repeals me. Then again, I'm an odd duck. For years I had no idea why I hated seeing people kiss, especially actors since it's so faked, then I saw an old rerun of a game show with Richard Dawson, he kissed every female contestant, and it was creepy and bug the crap out of me. I realized he's the reason I hate watching kissing, I loved the show but hated him. LOL I also can't stand hearing people smack when they kiss. Now I know why, but it's not changed that I still hate it. Now when I'm kissing a man, I don't think of these things at all, I love kissing a man I want to be with.

Sorry for rambling...
 Maleman999
Msg: 28
Posted: 10/22/2014 9:49:38 AM

Msg 26: I don't want someone's tongue in my mouth that I just met if I'm not feeling it...
I've also NOT kissed someone because the connection was so strong that I needed some time to sort it all out in my head.

So in one case, there's no chemistry, and in the other case, there's too much chemistry. No wonder men can't figure out and read women.
 SD2131
Msg: 29
Posted: 10/22/2014 9:56:10 AM

So in one case, there's no chemistry, and in the other case, there's too much chemistry. No wonder men can't figure out and read women.

truthfully, i personally think most of the females who comment on here aren`t serious at all and are saying idiotic things for their personal jollies..Its really very comical reading the logic of some...Take it with from where it comes from it is after all the net...:-)
 hemingway114
Msg: 30
Posted: 10/22/2014 11:11:13 AM
Guys, if you'll only date women who kiss you on the first date, you'll have a lot less problems. Welcome to dating, the world's largest cat-and-mouse game.
 whippedboi
Msg: 31
Posted: 10/22/2014 11:17:33 AM

So he'd better put a ring on it and marry me before he gets any.

from you, maybe, you don't have that much control

"he" can get some from a pick of hundreds of millions of other women, perhaps..

there's nothing you have that other women don't also have.

Ouija2025
Msg: 32
Posted: 10/22/2014 11:38:16 AM
after 3 dates ? Harlot! j/k but why 3, why not idk, 5?
"gets any" You need to come back down to the Rock. Did the first guy put a ring on it? And why does that make me think about " the story of O"?
I think the lady does protest too much
BGV is amusing. You can be celibate but nope, once it is gone, it is gone
 whippedboi
Msg: 33
Posted: 10/22/2014 12:24:54 PM
at, 37 "it" is drying out day by day

don't wait too long to use "it" or it may not function any longer when the time comes you get a ring..

Maleman999
Msg: 34
Posted: 10/22/2014 12:39:06 PM

So he'd better put a ring on it and marry me before he gets any.

Is the "it" part his nose, so you can attach a leash and lead him around?
 alanj805
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 10/22/2014 12:59:21 PM
I suspect the "he better put a ring on it" attitude plays better in the young and foolish crowd.

If you insist on continuing with that, you may have only your cats to look forward to.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 36
Posted: 10/22/2014 1:02:39 PM
Who cares when anyone else kisses?
Not me.

You don't need permission to kiss.
And you shouldn't be judging others for when they kiss.

Sometimes I kiss on the first date.
Sometimes a kiss is just a kiss.
 daynadaze
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 10/22/2014 1:58:53 PM
Don't use it, lose it? None of the women said they weren't using *it*, they just said they may or may not use it on just anyone at anytime it's offered. As for calling women in the thread idiotic for their opinions, I'm sure it goes both ways. It's pretty simple to not date people you aren't interested in for whatever reason. Calling them names when they have a different opinion brings up a whole other form of weeding out those not compatible.
 Onyxbutterflies90
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 10/22/2014 2:32:28 PM
It's not about if you're "worth it" or not. You're not a good anything for choosing to wait. I don't kiss people I don't know. A first date does not make a man known to me. That takes awhile and I wait until I feel comfortable. I don't care if a guy is comfortable before I am. I expect us both to respect each other's need to feel comfortable with our actions. Is it ok for me to introduce myself to his mom because I feel like it's time? No. We both get a say on how quickly we progress.
 ozsealady1
Msg: 39
Posted: 10/22/2014 2:34:07 PM
Stand by your own feelings.

NEVER let anyone force you to do something that makes you feel uncomfortable.

Personally I would not say to someone ... I have a rule about anything.
I am one of those people who when I try to make plans and/or rules and/or state ... I will NEVER..
The opposite generally happens immediately afterwards.
So I find it easier to go with the flow still keeping my personal standards in mind. .

What happens if on the 3rd or 4th date you don't want to kiss him but he thinks he has paid his dues because he has met your rules.

Or you meet someone and you desperately want to lock lips?

All that being said.
Be true to yourself.

overunity
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 10/22/2014 3:38:09 PM
The OP states in her profile she is 37 years old with her longest relationship being under one year. To me, that says it all. Troll. Period.
 Silverhawk_tkn
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 10/22/2014 4:07:15 PM

Well they're just going to have to deal with it. I am celibate. I haven't had sex since 2008. I'm a born again virgin and I've decided that sex is going to wait until marriage this time. So he'd better put a ring on it and marry me before he gets any.

LOL!!

Skip........next..........!!
 Walts
Msg: 42
Posted: 10/22/2014 5:02:33 PM
I see a bridge.

And under that bridge.......

But, just for shiats and giggles, and it IS whiskey Wednesday, let's give this one a shot.

I don't kiss till the third date and I don't care if it's old-fashioned! I have my morals and my values. The way I see it is if I'm worth it, a guy will stick around. One of my female friends said that's very outdated but I do not care. I'm a good Catholic girl and I try hard to follow my faith. What are your views on it?

My view,,,,
First, I will question what being "Catholic" has to do with having morals and values?(go study the history of the religion that you have "faith" in please. Maybe you will be as disgusted as most people with true morals and values).

Secondly, "old fashioned" is another stereotype. Another history lesson is in order. You probably wouldn't believe what some men and women use to do wayyyyyy back when.

Now, if you want to do or not do something, do so because of your own free will. It ain't the "no kissing until 3rd date" that would make me run. It's your "reasoning" that is completely phucked up.

I mean,

seriously.
 Blackwood85
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 10/22/2014 5:16:01 PM
Kissing should be something that's not planned, if the chemistry is there then I go for the kiss. If the attraction is there I go for the kiss, it's not something I plan or expect to happen. And honestly it's just a kiss, it's not like I'm having sex with her or tonguing her down (which is another thing that requires chemistry) I've made out with plenty of girls at a party or club without knowing their names. That's not something I proud of but it is what it is.

If the OP is serious then my suggestion is that no one wants someone who feels like they're morally superior over everyone else, you're not special because you wait 3 days to kiss someone nor are you this morally upstanding person.
 Like2dance
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 10/22/2014 8:56:20 PM
I always thought it was no sex until the third date.
 traveltheworld811
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 10/22/2014 10:09:14 PM
Being non religious, I'm curious where this 3 date kissing rule is stated to the faithful in the scriptures. Can you point it out OP?

Well, if you're Christian, it's 3 dates, but it's really only one. (Sorry, old old joke.)
 Hearton64
Msg: 46
Posted: 10/23/2014 3:39:26 AM
"Good Catholic girls" with "morals" don't kiss
Until their wedding night.

Try harder.

Righteousness is such a turn off for me.

What's your time frame for having sex!?

Religion is so needlessly oppressive!

I must lack "morality and values" being that my relationship
Started with SEX on the first date.??

Good to know.

Sad how others feel the need to promote their
Own virtues by demoting those of others.

The religious as soooo non-judgemental! * eye roll*
 SD2131
Msg: 47
Posted: 10/23/2014 3:55:32 AM
How this post has lasted this long is truly a mystery.. LOL
 LinuxD
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 10/23/2014 4:15:30 AM
I considered the OP's post again and it inspired me to rethink my values,based on her arbitrary expectations and rules. Therefore I won't
be dating any one past the 2nd date unless she presents me with a box of .40 cal Smith & Wesson ammo , to show she is serious about me, and she better present me with a new .40 S&W Sigma SD40VE in order to get me to commit.

Thanks OP, you helped me figure out some guidlines and a sure fire way to weed out the time wasters.
 Dee4166
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 10/23/2014 5:00:03 AM
Seems like this thread has degenerated into a sarcasm festival......lol

I don't really CARE how long someone wants to wait,or WHAT they expect in return for "giving up the goodies"...As calculating as that may sound, I'm SURE that the OP will find some poor guy out there,desperate enough to get laid that he will be agreeable...I've heard enough stories from men about getting fleeced in the divorce to NOT believe that...

As for this being a "religious issue",well I used to be Catholic and am still recovering from that...lol
Religion has NO place in the bedroom, in my opinion...Although I'm sure that there are MANY religious people out there who would disagree with that, that IS what I believe...
I also believe that religion is largely misogynistic and was invented to not only provide simple and cryptic explanations for very complex issues...it was also in order to CONTROL it's followers,provide a "blueprint" for life and give people something to turn to in times of crisis...
I have just one question for the OP actually...

How do you feel about taking relationship advice from people who are largely celibate? Or from men who have been dead for a couple of thousand years now who were writing according to the mores of their time?

Some things to consider....
As for myself, I think that arbitrary rules about anything to do with dating, ie. wait 2 days before calling her, let him make the first contact,etc are all pretty ridiculous, but if it works for YOU then more power to you...I prefer to take it on a situational basis myself...
 carolann0308
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 10/23/2014 6:57:28 AM
Do whatever feel comfortable to you, each guy will decide for himself if he wants to play the game. The promise of a kiss from you undoubtably has the same meaning as it did in the middle ages so carry on fair maiden.

If I remember my Bible study days, the Whore of Babylon definately kissed on the first date, so I think your character will not be questioned.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > I don't kiss till the third date