Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > I don't kiss till the third date      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Bebedeleau
Msg: 51
view profile
History
I don't kiss till the third datePage 3 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
I think sex can be very spiritual ... I mean, it's like the other things in life that if done for the right reason (with a pure heart/intent) is a good thing, but if done from the darker side it brings the darker issues. Most people know what the deal is with religions (man made, etc., all of that). IMO it's good to think beyond that and stay connected with a source, not other's interpretations of it or the darkness they try to lay on it.

The good/darker side is kinda the same with alcohol and medicinal plants.

I think that when you are aware of things other than this life going on now, all of the things that people try to create here (religion, rules, etc) just don't seem like that big of a deal (enough to be insulted about). Living in a society needs structure to exist, I would assume. You might concede to live within that structure but it doesn't mean you are obligated to take it all that seriously.

A simple kiss can be spiritual to the point of feeling that buzz of lightness and connection or it can be a passage of darkness, obtrusion and assault. I suppose it would depend on intent and what your are transferring through it ... which would come from your source of (???).

If it comes from a source of goodness with no intent to harm, and is reciprocated the same, how can it possibly be a bad thing?

The same with sex, IMO.
 SD2131
Msg: 52
I don't kiss till the third date
Posted: 10/23/2014 8:51:38 AM
I know lots of men and women who get bored with one another after the 3rd date if there is not petting or kissing. It takes the excitement out of the dating process and seeing if there`s any chemistry..
I suggest you join Convent, where you`ll be very happy following the lord...
 Iam_RFSF2014
Msg: 53
Posted: 10/23/2014 9:20:48 AM
Or there is a christian dating site that might be a better fit than PoF.

I'm still not sure what the 'point' of the OP was - I don't kiss until the 3rd date, congratulate me or I don't kiss until 3rd date so all of you (I'm guessing majority of adults who want to make their own decisions based on individual circumstances) that do have terrible morals

or ???

You got me, all out of guesses....
 QuirkyTeacher
Msg: 54
Posted: 10/23/2014 3:27:14 PM
You should kiss a person when you feel comfortable kissing them and not before then. That can be on date 1 or date 5.
 overunity
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 10/23/2014 3:35:16 PM
I think if it takes more than say 1/2 hour on the first MEET to want to kiss the other person then just let them go and keep looking.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 56
Posted: 10/23/2014 3:45:05 PM
I'm a born again virgin

No such thing.
Meaningless wordplay.

I am celibate. I haven't had sex since 2008.

Those are actual words with meaning.

I've decided that sex is going to wait until marriage this time. So he'd better put a ring on it and marry me before he gets any.

That's your prerogative, of course, but you will have to find a pretty understanding and forgiving guy, if he has to wait and cough up a ring when another guy (or guys) didn't.
 cotter
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 10/24/2014 5:00:32 PM

at, 37 "it" is drying out day by day
don't wait too long to use "it" or it may not function any longer when the time comes you get a ring.
Though probably not.

Ahahahaha....
Laugh at it now ... wait until you go limp.

You'll wish you hadn't laughed so hard at the thought of others' sexual dysfunction. At least women have the option of wonderful lubricants ... they don't make corks for you to use to keep it from deflating ... eh?

Better take good care of your equipment. Making fun of others' possible problems could come back to bite you in the A$$.

The OP states in her profile she is 37 years old with her longest relationship being under one year. To me, that says it all. Troll. Period.
That seems harsh.

Do you honestly believe everyone fills that crap out honestly? I can guarantee you that most of our men in here who claim to be "business owners" are in reality living in a friend's basement. Their "business" is mowing lawns in summer and shoveling snow in winter.
 mike11091
Msg: 58
Posted: 10/24/2014 9:30:22 PM

...have sex with people they don't give a crap about, and remain loyally celibate with the ones they loved.

I personally don't take a lot of stock out on people who claim to have "values".

My experience is that people who shout about their "values" are often the first to break them OR they're trying to compensate for doing something morally "bad".

I've found that those who simply DO are the ones with true morals. I'm not a terribly religious person because I try to apply too much logic to life in general and religion often works against logic. That being said, IF there were an all-seeing-father watching over us...do you really think he cares what other people think about you?

if I were to date someone and they told me, "I don't kiss until the third date." My reaction is one of confusion. Is she assuming that there will be a third date? Maybe date 2 won't work out. Is she one of those women that think they're God's gift to men? Is there an expectation for me to go out on three dates with her? Am I giving off a "I want to kiss you now" vibe? I wonder if she means she'll do everything BUT kiss...is this an elaborate scam? Am I being punkd?

I'd rather not have that pressure on me. I crumble under pressure.

But that's me. Something I've learned over time is that relationships and love is something that works on it's own terms. You might find out that the universe doesn't play by the rules or you might find out that Prince Charming was looking for a woman with that specific 3 date rule.

My personal preference is around 3-5 dates, but I have neither the 'rule' nor the expectation of such. I can generally tell by date 5, however, if there will EVER be physical chemistry.
All this talk about rules makes me want to watch Fight Club.
 TheCritic
Msg: 59
Posted: 10/24/2014 10:45:52 PM
Sad, I find this whole topic hard to believe.
 coolbigdaddydc
Msg: 60
Posted: 10/30/2014 6:20:31 PM
How is that working out for you?
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 61
Posted: 10/31/2014 6:34:48 AM

I used to be Catholic and am still recovering from that...lol
Religion has NO place in the bedroom, in my opinion...

Oh god. Oh my god. Keep doing that Oh my god.

Jesus, Jesus Christ! Right there. Oh God. God. Goooooood.

(This religious moment brought to you by the makers of Titan Spermicidal jelly.)
 basilisk123
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2014 6:51:30 AM
Religion has no place in the bedroom?!?

Kama Sutra, anyone?

I heard the temples of Ishtar were basically religious brothels. Not quite sure, I am not an ancient historian.
 VoxClamantis
Msg: 63
Posted: 10/31/2014 7:35:07 AM
There's nothing wrong with born-againery, although I wasn't aware that Catholics went in for it as a rule.

I hope you are aware that there will be a SIGNIFICANT drop in the attractiveness of the men your now-more-difficult-to-acquire milkshake will bring to the yard. 105% of the really hot religious men I know were married to equally hot religious women by about 23 or so. If you can calibrate for that, there is not reason you can't be happy.

But just so that you know, what you saw on "Jumping The Broom" is very unlikely to happen.
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 64
Posted: 10/31/2014 7:50:53 AM
""Well they're just going to have to deal with it. I am celibate. I haven't had sex since 2008. I'm a born again virgin and I've decided that sex is going to wait until marriage this time. So he'd better put a ring on it and marry me before he gets any.""

This is just so damn funny.

OP, you aren't a virgin and probably haven't been for some time. No such thing as "born again virgin". But it's a good marketing tool, you should post that on your profile and I'm sure you'd get more responses. And just in case you were wondering, many people haven't had sex in 5 or 6 or 10 years and they don't go touting - I'm a born again virgin. The "virgin" ship only sails once.

As to your original question - do what makes you comfortable, it's your life.

As to being a good catholic girl with morals and values - what...are the rest of us just sicko's? I'm an atheist and my moral compass is set much higher than many of the go-to-church crowd and I'm sure that the majority of people on this dating site feel the same. Having a religious tag does not make you moral.
 overunity
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2014 8:12:13 AM
Going to church doesn't make you anymore religious than standing in a garage makes you a car.
 Supersoulson
Msg: 66
Posted: 10/31/2014 8:33:48 AM
What are MY views on it ?

If I meet a woman and it feels right and we end up in bed having amazing sex the same day I don’t feel one bit bad about it. To me that would be a good day to be alive.

Plain and simple.
 Maleman999
Msg: 67
Posted: 10/31/2014 8:59:38 AM
OP: What is your view if a guy doesn't want to kiss YOU by the third date? A guy could be busy kissing other women on other dates, since being exclusive is not reasonable so soon and without any passion. Dates without any passion are more like business meetings or job interviews.
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 68
Posted: 10/31/2014 9:08:54 AM
Do whatever you want.

I have not kissed any of my dates, no matter what number of dates it was. I don't believe in kissing people I wouldn't f*ck. They have to kinda grow on me in order for me to see myself exchanging fluids with them.
 JennaVS96
Msg: 69
Posted: 10/31/2014 9:59:44 AM
just do what makes you feel comfortable . go on a few dates with a man . get to know him as a friend and if you want "only if you want ' kiss on 10th date if that makes your feel comfortable .. just do you and have no worries ... if a man has a problem with that . drop him and move on :-)
 activemelaney
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2014 10:37:10 AM
^^^

Yes, feel free to kiss when you want. However, your partner is also free to date you or not.

We may have our 'standards' but so do others. I would not be interested in a man who did not give me a hug and a peck on the cheek after the first date. I would not be interested in a man who did not want to give me at least a short kiss on the lips after a second date.

I thrive on affection. I need a man who is physical. Holds my hand, kisses my neck, nibbles on my ear.

Nothing 'Slutty' about it. I have never slept with a man until we are exclusive . Non-sexual physical affection in getting to know one another is healthy. The greatest feeling in the world is when a man I am attracted to first holds my hand when we are walking. Makes me so fuzzy and happy.
 2whiteangoras
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2014 5:03:25 PM

If you insist on continuing with that, you may have only your cats to look forward to.

hmm.. never thought about this. Perhaps that is why I am 61, without a special man in my life and live with 2 cats?
 forumfellathesequel
Msg: 72
Posted: 10/31/2014 8:11:49 PM
The 3 dates too kiss is one thing , but waiting till marriage to have sex????...not a flippin chance, no wonder you've been single since 2008...good luck with the rules lady
 Maleman999
Msg: 73
Posted: 10/31/2014 10:27:26 PM

I don't kiss till the third date and I don't care if it's old-fashioned!

So exactly what day, month and year did kissing by a specific number of dates go from being current fashion to becoming old fashion?
 hotdogshop100
Msg: 74
Posted: 11/1/2014 7:19:27 AM
I don't know why this female is posting this thread. However, there are some that have a different value system than modern society and it is fairly conservative. Where is it written that once you lose your virginity, in my case, a female, there is a contract that men somehow deserve sexual favors from each and every female that they casually date?
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 75
Posted: 11/1/2014 7:33:37 AM
I'm still waiting to hear how the OP became a "born again virgin".
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > I don't kiss till the third date