Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 luningning10
Msg: 82
Has anyone had success on here?Page 4 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
No success been here for months so far not good....oh well..
 patchjoker13
Msg: 83
Has anyone had success on here?
Posted: 11/6/2014 10:48:25 PM
^^^^^^^
You are super cute. If you have no success, then the rest of us are screwed. You are adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 usernonymous
Msg: 84
Posted: 11/7/2014 5:05:21 AM
I admit,I've had alot more success on Tinder than I had on POF. The one good thing is that on Tinder, women have to actually participate actively, they cannot wait until all the offers come in. Alot of women I've talked to on pof tell me they only accept messages from men, never looking for what they want.

I find tinder to be more realistic in the dating scene in a social setting. Think about it, I go to a bar, I tend to start conversations with women who I make good eye contact with, with tinder you already have some kind of interest before you message someone. With pof, often I feel like im talking to a non responsive wall (because most women just arent interested and will never respond). Imagine going to a bar and just randomly talking to a woman who wont make eye contact, speak to you, pretend you arent there. Thats what I get with pof.

So while some people claim tinder to be a cattle call, I find it to be better because I dont spend time on people who arent interested in me.
 cooldog65
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2014 7:47:38 AM
You are super cute. If you have no success, then the rest of us are screwed. You are adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another truth by the patchjoker and I could not agree more.

Way hotter than the most of the women in my area. Wow...
 mountinmann
Msg: 86
Posted: 11/7/2014 7:15:30 PM
No.

I have had zero success on this site.
 sigungq
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 11/9/2014 5:59:38 PM
OP, I would consider you "ultra-successful" if you've scored one date in 10 years on here......... At least as a man.

Just did the search feature in my locale without signing in. All parameters being equal:

46 women looking for men.

199 men looking for women.

So the ratio is roughly 4 to 1, men to women in my locale.

And to Luningning10, yes, you are adorable, and there must be a bunch of dead-heads in your area if you haven't yet had a date.
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 88
Posted: 11/14/2014 2:11:55 PM
^^^
IMHO, what someone is looking for depends on who's looking for them.

I think people sometimes know someone is good for now but not forever, before things even get serious.
 luningning10
Msg: 89
Posted: 11/15/2014 7:14:27 PM
Ive gone to couple of dates some didnt click and some turns out only want hook ups which not what Im looking for or interested to...thanks by the way for thinking Im adorable ;)
 NDTfan
Msg: 90
Posted: 11/16/2014 7:29:55 AM
I did.... it took a long time.... a lot of messages and profile readings.... and mostly a lot of abuse from men who got outraged at me for not considering them "worth" my attention.

And he's fantastic. :D
 OneKewlDood
Msg: 92
Posted: 11/26/2014 12:30:32 PM
I've met some awesome people on here. I dated one girl for about a year. I've also made 4 really great friends, 2 of whom are now among my closest friends.

I guess it depends on what you're looking for, or what your expectations are.
 CTRLvector
Msg: 93
Posted: 11/26/2014 9:26:23 PM
Yes, but I've also had some pretty hilarious failures too
 patchjoker13
Msg: 94
Posted: 11/26/2014 10:33:31 PM
One of the problems I have had with this site is that I seemed to get the "catfish" type girls. We start messaging back and forth then exchange numbers and talk on the phone, send pictures and messages to each other, flirt and exchange complements, but then when I suggest meeting in person they cancel a few times and then disappear. I feel that if I would have kept things going without suggesting meeting up, I would still be talking to these ladies. It was not about them being disinterested but rather them just wanting to play the virtual relationship game. There are people who are on these sites who have no intention of going on dates, they are either misrepresenting themselves or they are not ready to date but like the male attention. OLD does not work for me but I feel that a large number of people on POF are flakes and have issues. Oh well.
 VolkanoKing
Msg: 95
Posted: 11/27/2014 3:54:01 AM
A great observation:

"OK Cupid (and the rest of the bunch) abstract the human element away from love and sex. And that's fine! Desirable at times, even. We're living in an abstracted age, where conversations are condensed and pictures are cropped and feelings often don't matter. The crevasse between someone's decent OK Cupid profile and caring about an actual human being is a wide one—and the simplicity of dating sites doesn't prepare you for the leap. Of the online dates I used to go on, their terminuses weren't some shouting match or personality clash. It was just apathy. Meeting people in real life is tough! That's why dating sites make money. We don't like tough. But these flings disintegrate as easily as they form, victims of their own convenience.

And they make it easier to hurt someone, because, truthfully, you never cared that much to begin with. When canceling a date is as easy as canceling an Amazon shipment, what are we to expect from each other? People come off as ****y and rude and careless because the internet lets us be this way—because we demand it! Is this good? Is it even sustainable? I'm not sure."
 NJgirl116
Msg: 96
Posted: 11/27/2014 4:35:12 AM

When canceling a date is as easy as canceling an Amazon shipment, what are we to expect from each other?

I'm grateful if they at least cancel in the morning as opposed to an hour before the date...
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 97
Posted: 11/27/2014 5:15:20 AM
Somebody open the blinds and flush the toilet!

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood...
 NJgirl116
Msg: 98
Posted: 11/27/2014 5:42:03 AM
LOL I know it is. I'm lying around with a hangover this morning listening to Led Zeppelin's greatest hits on speakers.
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 99
Posted: 11/27/2014 5:55:57 AM
As long as nobody starts Bridge over Troubled Water, we'll be fine.
I hope somebody doesn't have any sharp objects nearby either.
 jljljljl
Msg: 100
Posted: 11/28/2014 11:38:43 AM
I'm amazed at the number of people that say they are currently in a long term "awesome" relationship with someone they met on line. If its long term and going great why are you still on here? Wouldn't you have cancelled your membership and focused on this one amazing person you are with?
 mike11091
Msg: 101
Posted: 11/28/2014 11:50:13 AM

If its long term and going great why are you still on here? Wouldn't you have cancelled your membership and focused on this one amazing person you are with?

They should make an FAQ for just this type of question.

The answer is: the forums. You can hide your profile from the "dating" part and just creep the forums. It's actually kind of addicting. Like doughnuts.
 Forte31599
Msg: 102
Posted: 11/28/2014 2:27:11 PM

If its long term and going great why are you still on here? Wouldn't you have cancelled your membership and focused on this one amazing person you are with?

They should make an FAQ for just this type of question.

The answer is: the forums. You can hide your profile from the "dating" part and just creep the forums. It's actually kind of addicting. Like doughnuts.

Yeah, but then there are those who claim to be in an awesome relationship but have not hidden their profiles, and have pictures posted and write "please, please, PLEASE do not message me, I'm with a terrific lady ... blah, blah, blah ... once again, I'm begging you to not message me, I will not respond ... blah, blah, blah ..."

That's when you know that everything presented in the forums is a complete fabrication.
 mike11091
Msg: 103
Posted: 11/28/2014 3:47:23 PM

That's when you know that everything presented in the forums is a complete fabrication.

Yeah, I've heard. I won't say it doesn't happen, but is it that common?
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 104
Posted: 11/28/2014 5:31:04 PM

Being as magnanimous as they are, they wish to enlighten us with the wisdom they gained from being "successful" online.
When they can match the 68 years together like the couple who lives up the block from me,(who did NOT meet on the Internet, by the way) I just might be inclined to listen.
 Forte31599
Msg: 105
Posted: 11/28/2014 11:14:54 PM

Yeah, I've heard. I won't say it doesn't happen, but is it that common?

No, it appears to be more the exception than the rule, but it's not difficult to spot.
 christ on a crutch
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 11/28/2014 11:32:25 PM

Yeah, but then there are those who claim to be in an awesome relationship but have not hidden their profiles, and have pictures posted and write "please, please, PLEASE do not message me, I'm with a terrific lady ... blah, blah, blah ... once again, I'm begging you to not message me, I will not respond ... blah, blah, blah ..."

maybe they just see no need to be concerned about convincing you or anyone else.
 Strings6
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2014 6:11:36 AM
Why do we expect a human activity like internet forums to be full of honesty and integrity,add in anonymity and such an expectation is insane.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >