Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 OneKewlDood
Msg: 108
Has anyone had success on here?Page 5 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
I've met a few people, dated 2 people that I met for at least a year each and made 4 great friends that I hang out with on a weekly basis. Considering that I feel like the idea of paying for a dating site is akin to hiring a prostitute (but with much more aggravation), I'd say this free dating site is meeting or exceeding my expectations.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 109
Has anyone had success on here?
Posted: 11/29/2014 12:38:13 PM

Yeah, but then there are those who claim to be in an awesome relationship but have not hidden their profiles, and have pictures posted and write "please, please, PLEASE do not message me, I'm with a terrific lady ... blah, blah, blah ... once again, I'm begging you to not message me, I will not respond ... blah, blah, blah ..."

That's when you know that everything presented in the forums is a complete fabrication.

Whew! I'm glad you cleared up my own delusional thinking about myself and how I've handled my profile here in the past. Had no idea I was lying to myself when I said I was here for forums, while in a LTR, and was really here just to post in forums. (Polarize much??)

~OT~ I've been lucky in love in my lifetime. I've been successful from a number of venues in my adult life, this being one of them. If that weren't the case, I'd certainly not brave the human-buffet this has become, nor would I indulge in the ridiculousness I sometimes receive in email here. Those things aside? I've been really quite blessed with quality over quantity here. And let's not forget ~ I'm here for the forums, so in that regard? Yeah, I've been successful. JMO
 CTRLvector
Msg: 110
Posted: 11/29/2014 4:19:19 PM

I feel like the idea of paying for a dating site is akin to hiring a prostitute

I don't think it is, the site facilitates communication, nothing more.
 OneKewlDood
Msg: 111
Posted: 12/1/2014 9:40:18 AM

I don't think it is, the site facilitates communication, nothing more.

In that case, I'd RATHER hire a prostitute. At least at the end of the night you know you're not going to get rejected. :oP
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 112
Posted: 12/1/2014 12:30:26 PM

Yeah, but then there are those who claim to be in an awesome relationship but have not hidden their profiles, and have pictures posted and write "please, please, PLEASE do not message me, I'm with a terrific lady ... blah, blah, blah ... once again, I'm begging you to not message me, I will not respond ... blah, blah, blah ..."

That's when you know that everything presented in the forums is a complete fabrication.

Believe whatever you want to believe. There are some people that are simply addicted to the stupid forums and keep coming here. Their profiles are hidden to the regular site, but if they post in the forums, and you double click on them, you will see their profiles regardless. I for instance have posted photos of my fake girlfriend holding my hand. I had to pay a photoshop artist several thousand dollars to properly place her in the photo. Hehehe.

I am one of those that had to say not to message me, because they kept messaging and questioning. It got annoying and they did not understand that to be part of the Forums, unfortunately you have to be part of the dating site.

I have great admiration for the advice, ideas, argument that many of the forumnites, male and female, young and old dispense. Believe or not believe, that is your choice.
 sigungq
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 12/2/2014 6:23:07 PM

forte31599 wrote:

What I've found out, is that everyone I've messaged who ACTUALLY messaged me back, said they were already in a relationship. Couple that with the hundreds, possibly thousands of unresponded messages I've sent of the past several years, and it seems to add up to the fact that all of the women are here either for the forums, or for validation of some sort.
 hemicharger4403
Msg: 114
Posted: 12/11/2014 5:07:06 PM
The answer is a resounding NO!!! I have been on POF since the beginning of this year and have messaged close to 75 or so people at this point. Of those, I've had one person respond and we actually met but unfortunately after 2 dates there just wasn't much chemistry. And that's part of dating and I get that, however, the frustrating part is aside from that one person I have had no other responses from anyone on here. I've also been on another pay site(the one that has a 6 month guarantee and the silly commercials) since 2011 and have had very limited success there as well. I even paid extra and used their "profile pro" service which oddly enough didn't make too many changes to what I had already written. For the time and effort I spend sending messages and trying to initiate conversation, I just have not seen any real benefit to these sites and am really starting to wonder how people meet on them. When I send messages, I don't just say "hey" or "what's up?" but I try to send something that shows I've read their profile and shows I'm interested. I completely understand that not everyone I try to contact is going to be interested, but it's pretty de-motivating when you don't get ANY response. It's like asking 100 girls out in a bar and getting turned down 100 times; pretty soon you start wondering if there is something about yourself that turns people away. I'm 38 years old, in good shape, never been married, have no children, have a stable career and have a pretty broad age range(25-40) that I am seeking. I'm certainly not perfect, but I'd like to think I have quite a few qualities that other singles in the age range I'm seeking are looking for, so I am well beyond confused as to what I'm doing wrong or what I need to do to meet other singles in my area!
 KalGrl
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 12/11/2014 5:24:31 PM
Pretty broad age range lol 2 years older but 13 years younger ? You look way older than 38 this is why those 25 year olds are not contacting you
 Eternityboresme
Msg: 116
Posted: 12/11/2014 5:36:21 PM
^^indeed. He appears ten years older than that. Of course, if he's lying about his age to circumvent the mandate age restrictions, he'd not be the first to do it.
 Cdan1957
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Posted: 12/12/2014 5:59:41 AM
I'm amazed at the number of people that say they are currently in a long term "awesome" relationship with someone they met on line. If its long term and going great why are you still on here?

The forums tend to be addicting. I remember always looking for Dear Abby and Ann Landers when I would read the paper on the train into work, this is pretty much the same thing. My profile clearly states that I am not looking and my profile is hidden as are many other forum contributors who are here for the forums only.

Amaretto....nice post, I think you pretty much nailed it.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 119
Posted: 12/12/2014 7:04:12 AM

The forums tend to be addicting. I remember always looking for Dear Abby and Ann Landers when I would read the paper on the train into work, this is pretty much the same thing. My profile clearly states that I am not looking and my profile is hidden as are many other forum contributors who are here for the forums only.

cdan, right on the money. Also I read your profile. I guess when you post on the forums you can access it. I love what you wrote there. Good stuff.
 Cdan1957
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Posted: 12/12/2014 7:11:39 AM
Thanks IG! I appreciate the compliment. Yes if you post on here people will see your profile and they can access it. When you hide your profile it will not show up on searches.
 Ainen
Msg: 121
Posted: 12/12/2014 7:14:13 AM

I remember always looking for Dear Abby and Ann Landers when I would read the paper on the train into work, this is pretty much the same thing

That's the impression I got upon first reading the forums, and that's not a good thing. Ann Landers usually gave biased answers based on gender. When a man wrote that his wife was being unfaithful, she said "Seek counseling". When a woman complained about something superficial, she said "Leave the bum at once" or "Would you be better with him or without?", telling women to be disloyal and abandon men for the slightest disagreement, while telling men to be doormat cuckolds.

One of the first threads I read was by a man who posted that his SO was seeing her ex husband in person. One of the forumites said "go into counseling". Meanwhile when a woman posted that a man simply mentioned his ex or had a photo of her, forumites said to dump him and they spewed venom how terrible he was.
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 122
Posted: 12/12/2014 7:19:00 AM
Yahoo ODD news is slightly more amusing, IMHO.

http://news.yahoo.com/odd-news/
 sigungq
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Posted: 12/12/2014 2:57:41 PM
Actually, I take back everything I said. I have had tremendous success on here. I have SUCCESSFULLY weeded out every woman within a 100 mile (180 degree) radius of Wilmington NC. So at least I know there are no women within 100 miles who are interested in me in the least.
 petula1908
Msg: 124
Posted: 12/12/2014 5:47:29 PM
Getting a little tired of your poor me, cant get a date, song. There is seriously something wrong with your approach, has to be.
 makeitsoo
Msg: 125
Posted: 12/13/2014 6:45:54 AM
Hmmm, define success. If only about sex, yes POF means Plenty Of Floozies!

In my POF experiences, most of the women here are B Girl players, looking for sex, attention and money. And the more attractive, the worse they are! They don't have much to offer. Most are single moms before they're 30. Don't have good paying jobs or aren't willing to contribute money proportionately to the relationship. They think athletic and average are acceptable euphemisms for average and overweight. Entitled, lying, selfish, delusional personalities who only take and judge.

I don't know if the gals are being deliberately deceptive or if they're just kidding themselves about being ladies worthy of pursuit. Especially up here in Seattle. It's a good woman dating desert! Like a unicorn, we're hoping to find one and study it someday.
 BLoNDeANGeL845
Msg: 126
Posted: 12/13/2014 7:49:15 AM
In my POF experiences, most of the women here are B Girl players, looking for sex, attention and money.

Water seeks it's own level. If a person attracts losers, it's cuz they're one themselves.
 Fire_and_Ice4_You
Msg: 127
Posted: 12/13/2014 8:20:10 AM

In my POF experiences, most of the women here are B Girl players, looking for sex, attention and money

Sucks to be you...lol.
I have 2 meets this week :-)....with nice gentlemen and they know how to respect women.....I'm hopeful.
 makeitsoo
Msg: 128
Posted: 12/13/2014 8:26:50 AM
I'd like to respond by kicking your vagina, but I'm afraid I'd lose my shoe! ; )
 Fire_and_Ice4_You
Msg: 129
Posted: 12/13/2014 1:43:07 PM
@Makeitso
LOL...You must be some poor impotent wuss....that you have to come on here and bash women....must be the only way you can get off...pfft!
Get a life....Like I said...It sucks to be you!!
Bloody Trolls...
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 130
Posted: 12/13/2014 2:01:31 PM
^^^
Don't feed the trolls.

They're like terrorists. They thrive on the attention.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 131
Posted: 12/13/2014 3:06:53 PM

I have SUCCESSFULLY weeded out every woman within a 100 mile (180 degree) radius of Wilmington NC. So at least I know there are no women within 100 miles who are interested in me in the least.

Ah, the Thomas Edison viewpoint.
 sigungq
Msg: 132
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2014 3:21:37 PM

blONDEangEL845 wrote:

Water seeks it's own level. If a person attracts losers, it's cuz they're one themselves.

I don't attract anyone at all......... So what does that make me? A desert with no water at all?
 ladyc4
Msg: 133
Posted: 12/13/2014 3:22:23 PM

I'd like to respond by kicking your vagina, but I'm afraid I'd lose my shoe! ; )

I don't think you could see to AIM the kick, given where your head is...
Yeah yeah, don't feed the trolls.
Sorry, couldn't resist.
Cindy O
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >