Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cooldog65
Msg: 160
view profile
History
Has anyone had success on here?Page 7 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
^^^^^ Check out the foreign broads while you're abroad.
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 161
Has anyone had success on here?
Posted: 12/17/2014 6:10:48 PM
I predict Sig will Return & Still not been on a Date.........
 Canadas.Island.Girl
Msg: 162
Posted: 12/19/2014 6:57:00 PM
I have some really good stories! But sadly I am still single and have not had a boyfriend in 3 years!
 purplerider1200
Msg: 163
view profile
History
Posted: 12/19/2014 7:59:25 PM
I do too. Of course, none involve women. But then, I have no plans to go sob in my beer about that. I hate watered down beer.
 Dreamin_of_you
Msg: 164
It all depends on what "success" means to you...
Posted: 12/19/2014 8:27:39 PM
It all boils down to how one defines success. There are many "success stories" provided to show that online dating can lead to marriage - IF that is what one is after. But not everyone is going to get there (marriage that is). Many define success as going on a simple date (one gal wrote that she had not been on a date for over three years). So...

As with anything involving the word success, the old adage comes in to play" IF at first you don't succeed, try, try and try again.

Good Luck!
 swampyswampy
Msg: 165
It all depends on what success means to you...
Posted: 1/28/2016 8:28:00 AM
been on here a decade i rarely send messages anymore sick of the constant no replies :(
 Dare to
Msg: 166
Posted: 1/28/2016 4:38:45 PM
I've had great success on here... After two years online I met my husband who I had 8 happy years with before he died from cancer related issues. I came back for a look around and the first guy I met was wonderful and we have now been together for 10 mths

I'm always a bit confused about people saying women are more successful than men here. If a woman is successful hasn't she usually found a GUY! Meaning that for every successful woman there is also a successful guy....
 ImagineBliss
Msg: 167
Posted: 1/28/2016 5:17:40 PM
It depends on how you define success.

Receive numerous messages per week? YES
Stood up by any men? NO
Married someone I met through POF? NO (Not looking for marriage.)

Plenty of opportunities to meet men? YES
Meeting attractive, intelligent, interesting men who share my interests? YES
Developed several loving relationships through online dating? YES

Happy with my experience with online dating? YES

Online dating requires resilience and humor. A positive attitude helps tremendously.
 SLAFFA
Msg: 168
Posted: 1/28/2016 5:56:56 PM
Not too hard to guess who is responsible for ^^^.

Success for me would be to find THE one and leave this site for good...

I have met MANY teriffic ladies on this site but just one LTR (for me) that turned out to lack one key component.

Time and odds are on my side.
 patchjoker13
Msg: 169
Posted: 1/28/2016 10:56:40 PM
Well swampy- A lot of guys have this problem with OLD. Too many above average guys have found that OLD is a great way to date multiple women and play them and there is already a shortage of women online as it is.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 170
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2016 4:43:13 PM
Some do have good luck. They know how to say it, be interesting, and attract attention of the opposite sex.

Others, well, ya know, we just put up with it. My guess is that women don't see stubborn as a virtue. Given the opportunity to prove our worth, just doesn't seen to be in the cards. Or, we don't know how to play the game according to their rules. We get used to this being a dry hole. When the norm is nothing, and we get used to it, there is no pain in being here.
 swampyswampy
Msg: 171
Posted: 1/30/2016 7:40:27 AM
plus we have to compete with roid freaks that many women go for now a days
 2ufo
Msg: 172
Posted: 1/30/2016 8:03:51 PM
Purplerider...

Some do have good luck. They know how to say it, be interesting, and attract attention of the opposite sex.

I'm not sure that's luck.

Not that I've had many emails either...
 hemingway234
Msg: 173
Posted: 1/31/2016 9:22:03 AM
I've developed relationships from here, match, in real life, and from online.

It's just people - if you can talk to people, wherever they are, you can find dates.
 r5250
Msg: 174
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2016 6:07:35 PM
I have been on one date from here over the past year. We texted a bit after that, but then she went dark on me.

So no.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 175
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2016 7:44:18 PM
From what I hear the success rate is very low, around 1%, but that would vary. Mutual attraction and chemistry is quite rare but many keep trying regardless. Some for years and many dozens of meets. You may need just to be patient and hopeful.

If you have had several dates with those who were honest about their age, pictures, status, intentions, then you are doing well.

You may have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find your prince. A lot of guys will want a quick roll in the hay and disappear when it is not on the cards...., no loss.
 showboatsupreme
Msg: 176
Posted: 2/6/2016 8:27:49 AM
If short term flings count as success, then yes.
 Baffalobill
Msg: 177
Posted: 2/6/2016 3:55:01 PM
If this site is meant to represent any indication of success ...I would say... I have nothing to offer any women out there...Not 1 date
So the answer is NO...
 ndm147
Msg: 178
Posted: 2/6/2016 5:42:45 PM
There always seems to be a lot of nice men and women hanging around the forums. Just an observation. But of course we can't date each other or meet up because of the distance and other factors.

I have had more success on another dating site, but again if success means one meet up, it is not really all that positive and I am emotionally tired of these one time meet ups; they are getting old.

For my birthday,my daughter sent me a book called "The Rules for Online Dating" --capturing the heart of Mr. Right in Cyberspace. Now if I closely follow all the rules in this book my chances might improve considerably!!
 ndm147
Msg: 179
Posted: 2/6/2016 5:43:34 PM
There always seems to be a lot of nice men and women hanging around the forums. Just an observation. But of course we can't date each other or meet up because of the distance and other factors.

I have had more success on another dating site, but again if success means one meet up, it is not really all that positive and I am emotionally tired of these one time meet ups; they are getting old.

For my birthday,my daughter sent me a book called "The Rules for Online Dating" --capturing the heart of Mr. Right in Cyberspace. Now if I closely follow all the rules in this book my chances might improve considerably!!
 CynthiaSM
Msg: 180
Posted: 2/6/2016 6:19:08 PM

Sometimes forumites meet up. I've met one of my favorite female posters and was in a relationship for more than a year with a male forumite. But, yes, distance is a factor for most people.
 TrvstInKarma
Msg: 181
Posted: 2/6/2016 6:22:21 PM
Success in getting dates, definitely yes. And that's the only purpose of this site, the rest is up to me.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 182
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2016 8:26:10 PM
None since I entered this mess. Just a couple responses which that went as fast as they came.
 Lasthookbringsme
Msg: 183
Posted: 2/7/2016 1:17:45 AM
Yes.

If you're meeting people, whether it's one time or more, you're successful.

As a wise friend said to me (not in relation to dating, but in general): "it's not the end result that matters, it's the experience of it that does."
 LJane_6
Msg: 184
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2016 3:41:36 AM

Although I posted a profile I am not really trying since this site will not allow me to contact women within my dating age range. Why bother?

Frankly, I seem to meet as many dateable women as I can handle in real life anyway.

Yeah, why bother dating women your own age? This is exactly why I set an age limit on my profile (+/- 7 years). I already have a dad, thanks.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >