Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Why are so many women Afraid/Not Interested in Checking out the Sex a      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 CarefreeBeauty
Msg: 24
Why are so many women Afraid/Not Interested in Checking out the Sex and Dating Forums?Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)

Sexuality is a healthy and normal part of Life,imo, and I don't see anything wrong or in need of judgement about it...
EVERYBODY, (that CAN!!), has sex...it's one of the perks of being human!!!

Yep. Humans are the only ones who can have sex. It's a great perk about being human!

?????????????????????????????????????????

'Birds do it, bees do it---even educated TREES do it, let's do it, let's fall in love'~

;-)
 no_1_bby
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Why are so many women Afraid/Not Interested in Checking out the Sex and Dating Forums?
Posted: 11/2/2014 2:28:52 PM

Well, I think that the reason you see so many more people on the other forums, is best explained by the fact that the S&D forum is DOUBLE hidden. It's only visible immediately after someone posts, and that doesn't last.

Really? Never noticed.

I DO know that it's hidden unless you're logged into the forums, which is a separate log in from the profiles side of things. *Shrugs*
 gtomustang
Msg: 26
Why are so many women Afraid/Not Interested in Checking out the Sex and Dating Forums?
Posted: 11/3/2014 7:16:35 AM
indeed, the sex forum is like a level in a video game--you have to unlock it.

then after all that work, you find we have to define "what is rape" again :(
 tchofclas
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 11/3/2014 7:49:49 AM
^^^^^
Not sure exactly how you meant that. I usually find it by typing in POF forums, but never logged in until I went to post.
As for the answer to the question? The older I get, the more I'm convinced there are a lot of people that are judgmental, others that hate to see someone else to enjoy themselves, (hence eyes closed during sex, lol) and others that are just plain weird.
Personally, you can get a lot of questions answered here that aren't in Things Your Mother Didn't Tell You & You Were Afraid To Ask, or some such title. As someone mentioned above, there is a lot of good information here to make things better. Thank goodness for the informed people who are not afraid to post. Dave and his G spot thread is one of the first that comes to mind. Or someone mentions something, and you think "I didn't know that" and you can come here and check it out. There would be a lot more happy people out there if more were interested in making their partner have the best experience possible. Which usually makes them want to reciprocate, and everyone wins.
And then there are some posts that make you think Puritanism, for lack of a better word, will never die, and those people have no idea what joy they're missing.
 tchofclas
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 11/3/2014 7:51:52 AM
Sorry I was replying to no_1_bby, and took so long there was another post in between!
 _shakti_
Msg: 29
Posted: 11/3/2014 9:54:19 AM
This forum isn't hidden for me, never has been. Wonder why that would be different for different people?
 agoraphobic_insomniac
Msg: 30
Posted: 11/3/2014 12:12:30 PM
In order for me to see the Sex and Dating sub-forum, I must be logged in to the forums' side.
 DragonBits
Msg: 31
Posted: 11/3/2014 12:30:43 PM

This forum isn't hidden for me, never has been. Wonder why that would be different for different people?

Do you have the same problem most posters have, if you don't post in maybe 5 min, you have to log back into the forums to post? Perhaps for some reason you are always logged into the forums. Then you would never have the problem of creating a post and then having to log back in. And you would always see the sex forum.

If I get logged out of the forums, I won't see the sex forum. If I log back in to post, then I see the sex forums. BUT the politics and religion forums are invisible even when logged in. You have to know they are there.

You might say politics and religion are triple hidden.

There could be other forums that aren't visible and we don't know they are there because we don't search for them.
 _shakti_
Msg: 32
Posted: 11/3/2014 1:40:48 PM
^^ I stand corrected, had never noticed that before.

I did know about the religion, politics and current event forums though, it's why I left in a huff many many moons ago.
 mike11091
Msg: 33
Posted: 11/3/2014 3:31:30 PM
....I had to bookmark the main forums page because the link to the forums on my profile page (at the bottom) is gone.

Is it possible they are going to get rid of them all?
 gtomustang
Msg: 34
Posted: 11/4/2014 9:00:16 AM
I had thought one had to be an upgraded member in order to get SexFor to show up initially, but I just checked someone's profile who says they, er, "get it up" quickly, and not so.

for me windows internet explorer sort of "bookmarks" this page if I begin typing it in, and when it gets me to the main page, SexFor isn't part of the menu until I post. then again, if I have an email, it won't tell me that either until I post. Perhaps that's a clue to the mystery.

i wouldn't blame markus for not dangling such a tempting forum for every "tom's dick is hairy" flying thru to post something in. It would get loaded with spam for prescriptions for testosterone or mycoxisfailin or other garbage.
 tchofclas
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 11/6/2014 7:49:10 AM
I use Mozzilla Firefox, so maybe that is the difference. Do have to log in to post, though.

And I would have thought ^^^ someone so judgmental would have never come back after reading the first title, being such a puritan and all!
 _shakti_
Msg: 36
Posted: 11/6/2014 8:51:55 AM

It's a bit of a freak show really, with all the adolescent bloviating, sweaty palms and lurid details that are so freely discussed here. Reading this forum is like stumbling into a crack house with a broken floor covered in used condoms, random stains of unknown origin and damp cigarette butts. So I'll check in from time to time, as most people would at any perverse scene that's hard not to stare at. Who wants to talk about anal fisting, limp****, fish-flavored vaginas, the exact definition of consensual rape, unexpected smegma, and hey, how about those random erections, OMG??!? I'm not about to air "private" information to have it permanently preserved on the internet in the smut category for the casual entertainment of random strangers, but that's just me. Knock yourselves out people.
Hahaha!! That made my guts hurt, lol.

Also, it's kinda like watching soap operas.. there are those love scenes that are fine to watch, but then there are others where you have to avert your eyes because.. aint nobody wants to see that! lol.
 hemingway114
Msg: 37
Posted: 11/6/2014 1:17:10 PM
I visit the "other" forums often, but I'm a gentleman, and don't like to talk about such things on a public forum much.

Besides, the people with the biggest problems are the ones who are not having sex... I figure if a couple is having sex, things are probably going pretty well, lol! The emotional issues are most important... get things right outside the bedroom first, and it will be right inside the bedroom.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 38
Posted: 11/6/2014 2:02:32 PM

The emotional issues are most important... get things right outside the bedroom first, and it will be right inside the bedroom.

Doing the dishes are the best aphrodisiac.
 arseklown
Msg: 39
Posted: 11/6/2014 2:34:16 PM
I don't really notice a profound shortage of women posting here, indeed a few are among the most prolific posters in the Sex forums..
 norwegianguy123
Msg: 40
Posted: 11/6/2014 4:10:58 PM

I don't really notice a profound shortage of women posting here, indeed a few are among the most prolific posters in the Sex forums..

It was a post to get attention. The whole site is a big sausage-fest in and of itself -- the forums, including this thread, don't seem to make it even more of one. Maybe a particular weird topic in this thread or any other thread, sure. But that's not the (false) issue at hand.
 arseklown
Msg: 41
Posted: 11/6/2014 4:13:50 PM
right you are..there are 3 or 4 women who make about half the posts in sex & dating it seems

Dee is getting her attention I guess
 Dee4166
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 11/6/2014 4:18:23 PM

It was a post to get attention. The whole site is a big sausage-fest in and of itself -- the forums, including this thread, don't seem to make it even more of one. Maybe a particular weird topic in this thread or any other thread, sure. But that's not the (false) issue at hand.

And you're a troll...

And seem to have an issue communicating a coherent and intelligent thought...

Unless of course,it's a NASTY one...
Go somewhere else if you don't want to be here, not like you're enhancing the experience of anyone, HERE...
 Dee4166
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 11/6/2014 4:30:16 PM

right you are..there are 3 or 4 women who make about half the posts in sex & dating it seems

Dee is getting her attention I guess

Wtf????

How exactly is that?
Scratch that....couldn't care less what you have to say...

Especially from someone calling themselves "arseclown"!!!!
What a pithy little screen name....
LOL
 Supersoulson
Msg: 44
Posted: 11/8/2014 4:40:36 PM

I'm not about to air "private" information to have it permanently preserved on the internet in the smut category for the casual entertainment of random strangers, but that's just me. [\quote]

Said by someone sans pic.

All ya gotta do is delete your profile and how is it gonna bite ya in the butt ?

Paranoid much ?
 Dee4166
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 11/8/2014 5:57:51 PM

It's a bit of a freak show really, with all the adolescent bloviating, sweaty palms and lurid details that are so freely discussed here.

Can I say that I've been walking around all DAY,just saying "bloviating" to myself....

Not often I get to learn a new word!!! LOL BLO-viating....BloVI-ating....BloviatING....

Yup just like that song...

Oh Mickey, you're so fine,
You're so fine, you blow my mind...
Hey Mickey...
Hey MICKEY....

lmao
And you KNOW that will be popping into your head, for at least the next 24 hours, now....LOL

In all seriousness...

I actually enjoy some of the "erotica" fictional or not that I see on here...
Although I agree, it can get a little...um, descriptive is the word that I would use...

But i really have gotten some useful info here...And if it's too much, then I just wander off...

Bloviating......
 Strawberry_Jello
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 11/19/2014 8:40:36 PM
I usually do avoid this section. Not getting any lately. Am getting a few meets and dates. That combo leaves me feeling frustrated, so not reading or discussing it helps me deal with the dry spell.
 Dee4166
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2014 4:15:07 AM
I HEAR ya SJ.....LOL

Sometimes just NOT thinking about it IS the only way to go....

And then...one day I wake up and realize that I'm starting to feel like a brittle stick and NEED some "touch"...but fortunately, I DO have a couple of fallback guys...that will do in a pinch and they're ALWAYS happy to hear from me, too... :-)
It's just oh so MUCH better with someone that you WANT something more with, who's NEW and exciting territory to explore...

Although the old and familiar has it's appeal at times....lol
 Cynderella
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 10/22/2016 4:11:23 PM
Personally I don't care what others think....sex is a huge part of our lives whether we want to believe it or not.
*It could be aswell that this category is not shown on the forum page any longer.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Why are so many women Afraid/Not Interested in Checking out the Sex and Dating Forums?