Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > The one thing you must have      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DragonBits
Msg: 26
The one thing you must havePage 2 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
A strong interest in pleasing me sexually, as well as a desire for sex for herself. IM experience that is the most difficult to find.

But I am assuming by "one feature in a match" you mean that all my matches would have that one feature.

Since the rest would be left to chance, I would still end up rejecting a lot of the matches for the other things I require, like honesty, a desire for adventure, a willingness to take a chance, romatic, good family values, etc.

Or I could say, the abiltiy and desire to grant my every wish. That would cover a lot of ground.
 ohenryx
Msg: 27
view profile
History
The one thing you must have
Posted: 11/5/2014 1:20:32 PM
I don't think it's possible to limit this to "just one thing". But if I were going to prioritize, I suppose the number one thing on my list might be:

A strong interest in pleasing me sexually, as well as a desire for sex for herself. IM experience that is the most difficult to find.
 ladyc4
Msg: 28
Posted: 11/5/2014 1:46:07 PM
Well, I can't even imagine dating a guy I wasn't interested in pleasing sexually.
I would think this was another one of those things that ought to go without saying but I'm beginniing to wonder if there is ANYTHING that's a "given" anymore?
Cindy O
 agoraphobic_insomniac
Msg: 29
Posted: 11/5/2014 4:28:22 PM
Attraction. Physical, mental and emotional.
 petula1908
Msg: 30
Posted: 11/5/2014 4:37:59 PM
Chemistry, without that, nothing happens. But one thing? that is a tough ask lol!
 gtomustang
Msg: 31
Posted: 11/5/2014 5:40:35 PM
If you can walk into a bar and point out the sex changes...I sure hope its a finger you are pointing with :)

*beep*beep*beep*
 JoeBnD
Msg: 32
Posted: 11/5/2014 7:41:56 PM
I don't know, a mute?
 Olympian2121
Msg: 33
Posted: 11/5/2014 7:56:54 PM
Big breasts.
That message is too short to post on its own.
 Tarnished_Knight
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 11/5/2014 9:38:16 PM
Oh, bloody 'ell, mate, what's with the softball queries?

My one MUST 'AVE: that we are mutually attractive to each other.

TK
 daynadaze
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 11/5/2014 10:04:10 PM
Respect

But really OP what the heck do I care if you do or don't approve of whatever my list might be? You think you are going to teach us all about what you see as unrealistic lists that for some reason you can't deal with? LOL And when you ask and people respond you, you feel the need to come back and tell them off LOL this is too funny.
 mike11091
Msg: 36
Posted: 11/5/2014 10:41:14 PM
There is a saying...

It's better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all.

^Life without love...I don't know...couldn't do it. I've been in love before and, if you ever REALLY feel it, nothing else matters.
So, yeap. That's what I want from a match: Love (no pressure).

Humanity's greatest strength while simultaneously our greatest weakness. <----I come up with random crap sometimes...going to immortalize that on Facebook.
 forumfellathesequel
Msg: 37
Posted: 11/6/2014 6:11:07 AM
I don't know, a mute?

Hahaha, classic Joe!!!... can I change my answer? I think "sense of humour"is a must, especially in this OLD world, a lot of women claim to have one, but few really do!
 oldfashmntman
Msg: 38
Posted: 11/6/2014 6:14:40 AM
For me the answer is simple, ideologically like minded in my areas of "interest".
 funchesf
Msg: 39
Posted: 11/6/2014 6:29:52 AM

Good answer! Lol. But a little extreme. I think I took it for granted that the person being the right gender was a given. Sorry about that!

oh ok...in that case.. that she watch Star Trek (Kirk, Spock)
 B_Hasenpfeffer
Msg: 40
Posted: 11/6/2014 6:52:22 AM

that she popped out of her Mother's womb as a female ....hey...call me old fashioned

I agree. It would kill the mood when you're hot and heavy and about to do the deed to find out otherwise.
 lynguistik
Msg: 41
Posted: 11/6/2014 7:38:41 AM

oh ok...in that case.. that she watch Star Trek (Kirk, Spock)

Lol. Yup!
 lynguistik
Msg: 42
Posted: 11/6/2014 7:47:52 AM
I hate to say it, especially considering all of the non-shallow posts so far but, physical attraction would be my one thing.

Of course, in reality, we do have the right to have more than one criterion (thank God, hehe). I would be willing to sacrifice a little for the appearance side of things to find someone with a compatible personality. But I also think it's important to remember that what we want today may not be what we want tomorrow. What we don't like today, may be quite appealing tomorrow.

Example: The funny person may have been what you wanted, but next year you'll be saying he gets on your nerves because he's not serious enough.
 Supersoulson
Msg: 43
Posted: 11/6/2014 7:51:12 AM
What we don't like today, may be quite appealing tomorrow.

I believe this is much more likely to be the case when we're young and inexperienced.

At my age, after multiple experiences, I think I pretty much know what works for me .

And what DOESN'T !
 Demidar
Msg: 44
Posted: 11/6/2014 8:09:36 AM
To Opp : The only thing a man needs in this dating environment is a lot of money (something I do not have :) . A man can be one of the most physically unattractive men in the world , but if he has a lot of money , women will be all over him . To those women he looks like a movie star .simply because he has a lot of money . I find this whole aspect very amusing because the pick up artists give the illusion they have money , hence all the women are going for them on these dating sites . Been watching a lot of very funny vids on youtube showing this issue .
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 45
Posted: 11/6/2014 8:10:38 AM
An on/off switch
 babiebird
Msg: 47
Posted: 11/6/2014 10:10:44 AM
My Youth, Beauty, health and my Own money ! { major prioritys.}
My Children!
A Car and Licence!
Family!
Good Living!
Travel!
Enrichments!
Great careing Companionship!
Respect and respectability!
Trust!
Harmony!
Cleanliness!
 babiebird
Msg: 48
Posted: 11/6/2014 10:10:59 AM
So say most of us, it's never one thing.
 babiebird
Msg: 49
Posted: 11/6/2014 10:37:26 AM
You say.
This isn't shallow. It's what a well adjusted male looks for as shaped by thousands of years of evolution. What is shallow are all the guys who pretend otherwise. Give Mother Theresa all he characteristics they claim as priorities. Wouldn't make an iota of difference. They would still be catering to the hot gal in the slit skirt and heels.

I say.
Most decent, respectable men ,wouldnt look sideways at a woman because of that.
 DragonBits
Msg: 50
Posted: 11/6/2014 10:55:48 AM

This isn't shallow. It's what a well adjusted male looks for as shaped by thousands of years of evolution. What is shallow are all the guys who pretend otherwise. Give Mother Theresa all he characteristics they claim as priorities. Wouldn't make an iota of difference. They would still be catering to the hot gal in the slit skirt and heels.

I say.
Most decent, respectable men ,wouldnt look sideways at a woman because of that.

Yet in your own profile, you are looking for "Larger and tall Male friend for dateing.".
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > The one thing you must have